New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 101
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    King_of_GRiffins's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Lost within my mind
    Gender
    Male

    Default [PTU] To Be a Master - Bright Futures

    Boutal is a small but incredibly busy port on the eastern coast of the region of Dunia. For the longest it and the few smaller surrounding villages have been your home, insulated by high mountains and hills on one side, and the ocean on the other. The more you learned, the greater your drive to see what was beyond those mountains grew. In time, each of you took the pokemon trainer exam and passed, earning you the right this year to be the towns junior representative trainers in the Pokemon League.

    Today is the day of your sending off, and the town square is full of activity with you in the center. Friends and family dot on you before you get set off on an adventure, regular townsfolk drop by to reminisce about when they or their friends went on their journey, and you even hear a few of the towns professional trainers are in attendance despite being impossible to pick them out of a crowd of a couple hundred enthusiast who don't have their first journey ahead of them today.

    Over the sound of an excitable crowd the tapping of a microphone is heard on ancient speakers. At a small wooden stage in the center stands the mayor, a tall and portly man of ebony skin wearing a dusty suit and a smile. In one had the mayor has the microphone, in the other he has a few white cards to hold up and read. Directly behind him is a table with eight pokeballs sitting on the table; new or old friends ready to be part of the ceremony of receiving your first pokemon. Beside him are the seats of several parents or mentor figures that will be handing them over.

    "Friends! Today is a special day of celebration. Many times we've told the tale of the young men who leave their homes to become men, but today we send off our precious ones on their own journey of discovery, and there's no better send off than a good cheer!" His friendly and energetic manner is infectious to the crowd, as they all raise their glasses and voices to you. He waits but a moment for them to finish, delighting in his role. "From this day, our new trainers will be setting out to Ab-deb up in the mountains, and from there wherever their hearts lead them. They will have one year to travel Dunia, visit each of its honored gyms, and compete with all the other young trainers setting out with them on this day at the Pokemon League junior tournament. Each young one today is bright and full of energy, and I know they will represent us well in the year to come."

    He turns his shoulder to cough, pausing just a moment as he flips between cards. "Now, if each if of our trainers will come up here one at a time to receive or have returned their first pokemon, so that we can all have a good look at you before you go."

    One at a time he calls you by name, and you walk up to the stage to retrieve pokeball and pokedex.

    "Tau!" A young boy in ragged clothes walks up on the stage, meeting an incredibly tall man who carries a spear on his back. The elder steps down to his knee to meet the boy face to face, speaking only to him. "Let this Ralts be your friend. I know that with him at your side, you shall find your way."

    "Pitch!" A tall shaggy teenager steps onto the stage, looking maybe a bit fidgety with so many eyes upon him. One of the towns premier trainers and administer of trainer testing , Leia Reynaud, steps up to hand over his pokeball. "Just remember the one condition I let all that late paperwork through; I want to see you at the tournament. You've got too much potential not to."

    "Jonah!" Scrawny, shifty kids seem to be all the rage this year with the third entry, but this one seems to have an air of confidence about him already; It's whispered he saved an Abra once. A man in Ranger Corps Uniform hands him a pokeball and salutes. "Show us proud son! Your mother and I will be watching all of your gym battles and rooting for you."

    "Solomon!" The next teenager up seems like he's already been on an adventure of his own, wearing a straw hat and a guitar on his back. Leia steps up to the plate this time as well, returning a slightly worn pokeball. "She's all rested up and ready to go, I hope you are too. You might just be traveling again, but try to keep up a good trainer score while you do."

    "Dio!" A 6'3 giant steps onto the stage; it's hard to believe he's just seventeen still. A family of four steps up to give him a hug and pass him a pokeball, and the thought in crowd is that he could probably suplex them all at once.

    "Minda!" One of the few female trainers this year steps up to the plate, easily the youngest and smallest of the group. Leia picks up a nice pristine pokeball for her. "I never get to see girls your age with scores as high as yours, it's a real treat. I know you'll take good care of this little guy."

    "Juno!" Another female steps up, this one standing with the older and scrawny crowd. Her mother stands opposite her, practically a mirror image with their dark skin and tough faces as Juno receives her pokemon. "You'll do good, I know it. Just don't get yourself hurt alright?"

    Another name is called, and the crowd goes silent as nobody steps up. The mayor tries to laugh off the missing trainer. "Don't worry folks, sometimes the kids just sleep in a bit long. We'll be sure he's out on the road with his pokemon too."

    With the seven of you onstage, the crowd claps and cheers. Even as they celebrate, you know they're already sizing you up and getting ready to place bets on your rankings. Leia and the Mayor guide you to their respective open-top cars, parading you slowly through the streets until reaching the end of town where the paved road becomes one-lane only and dirt collects on the side from all the foot traffic over the years. The crowd gives its last hurrahs as they wait for you to go forward.

    Before you the road winds up into the rocky mountains, but even from here you can spy many a grassy plateau. It's quite a hike from here to Ab-deb, requiring a grueling but at least perfectly safe inclined hike up the road. There are plenty of small rest stops, camping areas, and even a few tiny villages on the three day walk. As trainers in the league ranking system, you know you'll be expected to accept challenges to battle and record them through your pokedex (or let the pokedex do it automatically for other league competitors), and that you'll want to explore along the way for pokemon to capture and train against to be ready for your first gym challenge in Ab-deb. While nobody ever said you had to stay together, travelling together or at least in tandem seems to be the best option; Not only do you get access to 6 other league trainers to challenge, train with, and improve your ranking, but it might help in a tight spot. Pokemon are friends, but an encounter with a starving pack of Poochyena might end poorly for a new trainer. Where you go and what you do now and who you do it with, perhaps for the first time, is truly in your hands.

    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Start of the game! Go ahead and introduce your character during the ceremony, and even make a social roll if you try to impress or win over the crowd somehow (Charm to be cute and endearing, Intimidate to be a tough elite trainer), then decide where you're walking or what you might go off and do.

    While I want to give all of you the freedom to choose what to do, I will be following a basic rule; you'll all be traveling the same routes (or about) and ending up in the same areas. This is just so that I don't have to make two separate games entirely. Being kids not immune to peer pressure of where the 'group' is heading, and competitors desiring to keep their rivals at hand, it makes at least a bit of logical sense apart from simply narrative sense.

    I've also loosely mentioned a "ranking system", which really is just keep track of wins and losses.
    Last edited by King_of_GRiffins; 2014-08-03 at 04:39 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WhiteWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: [PTU] To Be a Master - Bright Futures

    Midna turned toward her fellow trainer and said at Dio: Hey mister, you look like the coolest person ever, wanna travel together? while tilting her head on her shoulder and looking cute as a button.

    OCC
    Spoiler
    Show


    Charm roll
    (2d6+3)[11]
    Last edited by alchaos; 2014-08-03 at 12:56 PM.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PTU] To Be a Master - Bright Futures

    As Pitch crosses the stage, he frowns slightly. There were too many people here; too many people had seen his face. That was, frankly, not something that would help him in the long run. At least they didn't announce to the world what the starter was; that could have ruined everything.

    Still, Pitch strides across the stage, left hand spinning his switchblade in his pocket, giving him more confidence than he had. Pitch loved the knife, loved it more than he loved anybody he could think of. Easy to hide, easy to stab with, the perfect weapon. He moves slowly, without any sort of dramatic flair, but every stride says how confident the Trainer is, how ready he is for his Pokemon journey. He nods softly at Leia's condition; that was the plan, anyways. How else will everybody know how capable he is?

    Through the parade, Pitch is silent, ignoring the other trainers as they speak to him. They weren't worth his time. Instead, he fiddles with his Pokedex, making sure that there is an option to turn off the auto-recording. Not everything should be seen.

    When they finally reach the dirt road, Pitch looks at his Pokeball, feels his knife within his pocket, and grins. With an easy flourish Pitch flicks the knife out, carving an "X" slowly and carefully into the red part of the Pokeball, clearly marking it.

    Then, without a word, he sets out, making his way his way towards the path, looking for a secluded spot where he can "break in" his new Pokemon.

    Spoiler: Intimidate
    Show
    Intimidate as we cross the stage: (3d6+3)[17]
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PTU] To Be a Master - Bright Futures

    Accepting the marble-sized Pokeball and pocketing it, Jonah squares his shoulders and salutes his father back, laughing. "Thanks, dad. I'll come back in one piece, I promise!" He leaves the stage with a spring in his step, already turning the Pokeball in his hand again, anxious to crack it open and meet the first of his new friends. All through the parade, it's all he can do to keep the device closed, but he forces himself to remember the control techniques he's practiced, and keeps his anticipation in check.
    Finally, they reach the edge of town, and he steps down from the car, shouldering his hiking backpack. His eyes follow the dirt road as it continues upwards into the mountains. "Alright, let's see," he mutters to himself, reaching into his other pocket and withdrawing his Pokedex. "What are we gonna run into up there?"

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Not sure if the Pokedex has any information about what kind of Pokemon live around Boutal--if not, Pokemon Education roll to remember on my own.

    (3d6+3)[8]

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    EvilClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: [PTU] To Be a Master - Bright Futures

    Tau receives the Ralts from the man and bows respectfully before turning to the crowd. With a goofy smile, he flexes his scarred muscles and poses, trying to act impressive.

    He then looks at the pokedex and starts fiddling with it, but frowns as he finds it really confusing. He wasn't used to using computers. He would have to figure it out more while travelling.

    He stares at some of the others, not sure how to begin to talk to them.

    "So... Ab-deb, huh? I wonder what it's like over the mountains."

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Intimidate: (3d6+5)[11]

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PTU] To Be a Master - Bright Futures

    Dio struts across the stage, not in arrogance or vanity, but with self-confidence. Self-confidence he have developed throughout the years; both before and after living in Dunia. Full of self-confidence and testosterone, Dio beamed a smile as he look unto the crowd.

    His family greeted him upon the stage, performing a group hug. His parents dotting him, reminding him to take care of himself while he is out in the world. His little sister Sarah, clearly holds back a tear, sniffling as she wishes that he could stay home; before passing him a Pokeball. Grandpa Mundo, a burly old man in his late 60s and of the same body build of Dio, if not muscular, only holds out a hand, giving a firm handshake. No words were exchanged between the two, but the handshake itself convey all the words the old man needed to.

    As the last announcement is made, Dio asks for the microphone. "Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls of Boutal. I am Dio Mundo! Remember my name and those of us who stand here, we'll show Dunia and to the rest of the world, what we are capable off. We'll make you proud!" He then passes the microphone back to the mayor, grinning.

    Approached by Midna, Dio blinks twice before he kneels down to eye level, "You're Minda right? I'm Dio, Dio Mundo. It's a pleasure to meet you." Dio looks at Minda as she batters him with her cuteness. She's a cute kid, reminds me a bit of Sarah Beaming a confident smile, he answers her question. "I don't see why not, the more, the merrier... Now I I wonder what is between us and Ab-deb."


    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Dice Rolls
    Charming the crowd during both his walk and announcement: (2d6+2)[8]
    Fiddling with the Pokedex to find out what Pokemon are around, towards Ab-deb: (1d6)[3]

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WhiteWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: [PTU] To Be a Master - Bright Futures

    Midna looked annoyed all of a sudden and she said while stomping her foot.''It's Midna,M-I-D-N-A. I don't think my name that's hard to remember right? As for what is waiting for us....'' And then she started describing what was waiting for them.

    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Describing the next step in their journey. Education (General) [roll]3d6+4[/roll]. See OOC Thread for Roll.
    Last edited by alchaos; 2014-08-03 at 10:44 PM.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Dudeons's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Inside a Yahtzee cup
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PTU] To Be a Master - Bright Futures

    Solomon calmly walks onto the stage, looking as though the audience was barely there. He was used to having a crowd during his performances, and stage fright was never a thing for him. He takes the Pokeball from the administer lady, hearing her advice about keeping up his 'trainer score'. He didn't care much for fighting people, but he thinks he might try it at some point.

    "Alright," Solomon says to her, "I'll see what Breeze thinks."

    Solomon lets Breeze out of her ball, letting the little Hoppip jump onto his head. Solomon never liked keeping Breeze in a ball like that, not when she enjoyed drifting on the open wind. Solomon gives an innocent grin towards the audience as he tips his straw hat towards them, Breeze hopping down into his arms, snuggling against Solomon and happy for their reunion. Solomon strokes her, feeling happy as the trainers load into cars. He smiles at the mass of people surrounding them as they move along; he always enjoyed performances when lots of people came by. He gets out with the other trainers, Breeze hopping into the air and perching on his hat.

    Solomon looks about casually to see what the others are doing. He sees one guy, Pitch, scratch something on his Pokeball and wander away. "Must be shy," Solomon thinks. One girl, Midna, is talking about grouping up with one big guy named Dio. Solomon has been around these parts, but beyond the mountains would be fairly new to him. He reaches for the Pokedex he got, but he doesn't like relying on computers for information, so he withdraws his hand. While he's happy to wander on his own, he thought that having a little company could be nice. He goes over to Midna and Dio, smiling lightly.

    "Hi!" he says, "I'm Solomon. Mind if I join you?"

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Making a roll to see what the audience thinks of his blithe charm. (3d6+3)[10]
    Not rolling Charm like Midna did, given Solomon's 'take it or leave it' approach; he doesn't care if he has to go alone, but joining a group was more of a casual thought.
    Humanized version of my first avatar made linklele.

    Declared God of Chance and Creativity as well as Equestria's Master of the d20.

    Quote Originally Posted by backwaterj View Post
    Love for the d12! Dudeons wins the game!

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WhiteWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: [PTU] To Be a Master - Bright Futures

    While the crowd was laughing at the display Midna was putting on, talking to Dio.
    She heard someone talking to her and turned around to see whom.
    He seemed like a very laid back guy.

    ''''Sure you can come with us and my name Midna,M-I-D-N-A.Wait you got it right.Sorry.''

    She seemed sheepish and was rubbing the back of her neck while apoligizing.

    ''Sorry about that outburst,can he come with us mister Dio?''

    She was giving him the puppy eye while asking.

    OOC

    Spoiler
    Show

    Charm again (2d6+3)[9]

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PTU] To Be a Master - Bright Futures

    Dio chuckles softy at the outburst, "Ahh, I'm sorry Midna. I wont make that mistake again."

    Upon another's voice speaking up, Dio turns towards the newcomer. Listening and already deciding, before Midna gives him the puppy eye look, though whatever it if it influenced his thoughts or not, he didn't show. "Sure you may come with us. Plus it'll be safer for new trainers to travel in groups." Dio then offers a hand to Solomon, "Nice to meet you Solomon. I'm Dio." Looking up, "And you must be Solomon's Pokemon," Dio speaks to the Hoppip.

    Reaching for his own Pokeball, Dio lets out his starting Pokemon. Materializing from the energy, and landing into Dio's arms, an Elekid appears. "Hello Elekid I am Dio, Dio Mundo. And starting today we will be traveling together." Dio smiles as he spins around to introduce his new friend to his new friends. "She is Midna, and he is Solomon."

    The Elekid nods at Dio before jumping out of his arm, gracefully landing onto the ground; offering it's hand to Midna, and then Solomon, a small spark dances between it's plug-like horns. Laughing heartily, Dio kneels down to the Elekid. "I've thought about this for a while now, and I've decided on your name." Offering the Elekid his hand, "Summanus, it is a pleasure to meet you. I hope you'll like it." The Elekid, looks at Dio first, observing it's trainer's intention, before nodding in acceptance and takes the offered handshake.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WhiteWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: [PTU] To Be a Master - Bright Futures

    Midna took out her pokeball and also released her riolu.

    ''Omega,these two gentleman are going to be our traveling compagnon.The big guy is Dio and the one with the hat is Solomon.''

    ''Solomon,Dio this is my compagnion Omega.''

    Omega inclined his head to salute them.
    Last edited by alchaos; 2014-08-04 at 03:35 PM.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Dudeons's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Inside a Yahtzee cup
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PTU] To Be a Master - Bright Futures

    Solomon watches Dio and Midna release and introduce their Pokemon, Summanus and Omega. Solomon felt he should return the favor. He pulls his hat down over his eyes, displaying his Hoppip.

    "This is Breeze," Solomon says, "Breeze, I'm sure you know who these four are.

    Breeze chirps happily on top of Solomon's hat. Solomon adjusts his hat back to it's normal positioning, its shade cast over his eyes and allowing him to peer out into the distance. He's looking forward to seeing what's out there for them. Solomon turns back to his group.

    "So, when are we going?" Solomon asks, "Are we going to get some more people in our group, or what?"

    Although Solomon is calm in his tone and his actions, it's very clear that he wants to get going.
    Humanized version of my first avatar made linklele.

    Declared God of Chance and Creativity as well as Equestria's Master of the d20.

    Quote Originally Posted by backwaterj View Post
    Love for the d12! Dudeons wins the game!

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    King_of_GRiffins's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Lost within my mind
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PTU] To Be a Master - Bright Futures

    During your brief period on stage, the crowd seems a bit enthralled by the brashness of Pitch, Solomon, and even Tau. Dio receives a polite clap form the audience and a cheer, but they're easily distracted with the other three options presented to them. Midna too wins them over with just before they part with the batting of her eyes at the significantly taller Dio. A few trumpets from the band give a final fanfare as they retreat to town and leave you to your own devices.

    Dio and Jonah both search their pokedexs for information, poking at the touchscreens little book icons to pull up some relevant information. Bugs and butterfly pokemon in particular inhabit the region, most notably Butterfree and Beautifly. These are predated on by by bird pokemon like Pidgey, Spearow, and Ducklett who happen to be flying through to their winter home. Higher up in the food chain sit Poocheyna who keep to packs. Higher in the mountains are Sandshrew and Onyx, as well as small scatterings of Fire and Fighting types.

    Midna, congregating with Solomon and Dio as they all let their pokemon say hello, explains what to expect between here and Ab-deb. There is one village on the way two-days in to the journey that has a small pokecenter, some farms, and is a good place to resupply before the final day of the journey; this means at least one day camping at one of the rest stops along the way. While most of the journey is uphill, the only difficult slope is on that final stretch, likely to leave most people a bit winded. A quicker path stretches high up into the mountain, and is likely to encounter more dangerous pokemon, but would be less physically exerting; other travelers without strong pokemon avoid this road. Along the way, after each upward slope, are large plateaus full of tall grass, filled with the local pokemon. Local pokemon are known for not making any distinction from the wilds and human-claimed areas of roads and parks, and may even attack travelers who stick to the roads if desperate enough.

    --------------------------

    Pitch sets off on his own, sliding through the options menu of the pokedex, turning off "Auto-Connect" and "Check-in". With those off, battles with other junior league trainers will not automatically affect your ranking, or give away your location and travels when you reach pokecenters.

    Pitch goes up the first incline, following the road until it evens out, tall grass on either side. He breaks off immediately into it to search for a challenge. It doesn't take much to hear the rustling up ahead, immediately spotting a Sandslash sitting in a small dusty are of recently cut grass. It seems to be swiping its foot long claws at a few rocks, passively passing them back and forward and chittering rather happily at its choice of amusement. It hasn't noticed Pitch just yet.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PTU] To Be a Master - Bright Futures

    Pitch has no interest in the Sandslash, at least not yet. What he needed was a place to introduce himself to the new Charmander, not kill it. Without a second thought the Trainer turns and walks from the clearing, seeking one that isn't already occupied. Maybe he would attempt a Sandslash later, but now? He didn't want to kill his new Pokemon just yet, especially before he has made his introductions.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PTU] To Be a Master - Bright Futures

    Looking through his 'dex, Jonah somewhat regrets having brought so few extra Pokeballs. Damn, didn't expect so much great stuff...have to make every try count, I guess.
    Closing the screen cover and returning the device to his pocket, he looks up to notices his three peers introducing their Pokemon. Listening in for a moment, it seems they're planning to make the trip together. Waiting for a convenient break in the girl's description of the route (he searches for her name...Midna, yeah, that's her), he approaches the group and waves. "Hey, I don't suppose you guys have room for one more? I could use the company, and your Pokemon seem pretty cool."

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    King_of_GRiffins's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Lost within my mind
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PTU] To Be a Master - Bright Futures

    Wisely stepping away, finding another clearing to be alone in isn't too hard for Pitch; plenty of bare patches dot the grassy area, providing little areas of privacy like the Sandslashes play area. Far enough from the road not to be disturbed, and the only other creature nearby readily distracted, there's plenty of space to say hello.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PTU] To Be a Master - Bright Futures

    With a wide grin Pitch pulls out both the Pokeball and his switchblade, releasing the Charmander with an easy press of his finger. As the Charmander begins to form on the ground, Pitch quickly steps out a foot, placing it right next to the tail flame of the Charmander, its very lifeblood, threatening to crush it into the sand, extinguishing it forever, ignoring whatever cry of pain the Charmander makes.

    "Good morning," Pitch begins, switchblade hovering in front of the Charmander's face. "It hurts, doesn't it?" he says, a sadistic grin on his face. "You know that you could hurt me, hurt me badly, but where would that leave you? Dead? Dying?" Pitch says, his eyes burning almost as brightly as the tail of the Charmander.

    "If you were faster, if you were stronger, perhaps you could move before I could. But how would we know? Would the risk be worth it? Am I going to kill you right now?" Pitch says, the question lingering in the air.

    "You and I both know the answer to that is no. You were far too expensive to just kill like some common Pidgey. No, we both know how much you're worth. You're a living weapon, at least someday. Assuming you live that long, that is," Pitch says ominously, his grin twisting ever further.

    "Let me make you an offer. You're weak right now. I can make you strong, stronger than any Pokemon that will get in our path. All you have to do is aid me, do as I say and you will be stronger than you could ever fathom. You will be a great dragon, flying through the skies, pouring fire and blood into the path of those that stand against us. You and I will be family, no, closer than family. We will be partners, brothers, father and son, all at once."

    "Or you can leave now and go off into the wilderness, right now, and never see me again. It's your choice. Aid me and become stronger than you can dream of? Or go off alone, trusting only your own instincts to guide you in this wilderness and earning your strength on your own."

    "The choice is yours,"
    Pitch says, lifting his foot off the tail and flipping the knife away with a flourish, eyes watching the Charmander intently.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PTU] To Be a Master - Bright Futures

    A soft whistle escapes Dio's mouth "You sure know a lot, well more than me." Dio laughs heartily, then addressing the group "I'm glad to journey together with you all." Grinning, Dio nods at Omega and Breeze, "It is nice to meet you Omega, Breeze." Summanus stands in front of Omega, studying him with a glare, before receding the glare, smiles, salutes Omega and then places an arm over the Riolu's shoulder, as if they were long time bros.

    Looking up, Dio sees a scrawny looking boy approaching the group, waving. "You're Jonah right? I heard you've saved an Abra once, that's a cool deed." Dio places both hands on the back of his neck, nodding at Jonah's requests. "I'm fine with you joining, how about you guys?"

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WhiteWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: [PTU] To Be a Master - Bright Futures

    Midna looked at Jonah and he seemed alright.

    ''Sure, you can come with us, the more,the merrier.''
    ''I'm Midna and this is Omega.''
    ''You really saved an Abra? I don't like human psychic much but pokemon are alright.You're a nice guy.''
    ''So what's your speciality?''

    She seemed curious and was looking him right in the eyes.
    Last edited by alchaos; 2014-08-05 at 07:04 AM.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PTU] To Be a Master - Bright Futures

    Jonah is a little unnerved by Midna's scrutiny, but answers with a chuckle nonetheless. "Uh, well, you pretty much got it with the psychic thing--if we run into any Pokemon that are telepathic, I can communicate with them, maybe convince them to be a little friendlier. Also, I can give commands to my team in battles that way, so the other guy won't know what to expect. Oh, speaking of which..." Remembering his still unopened Pokeball, he fishes out the device and taps the button, expanding it to its full baseball size. Aiming it down at his feet, he activates it and releases his new companion. To his mild surprise and great excitement, the cloud of glowing energy forms into the familiar shape of another Abra, just like he'd hoped for. Kneeling down in front of it, he raises his hand to his right temple and cautiously reaches out to it. Hey buddy...I'm Jonah, and I'm gonna be your trainer now. How's that sound?
    Last edited by Amaril; 2014-08-05 at 12:03 PM.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WhiteWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: [PTU] To Be a Master - Bright Futures

    ''So you're a psychic? You seem like a nice person, so you get ONE free pass. Don't betray my trust ok?''

    She seemed very intense, while talking and had an almost doll-like expression and voice. Then she was all smile again, almost like a different person.
    Last edited by alchaos; 2014-08-05 at 01:32 PM.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    EvilClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: [PTU] To Be a Master - Bright Futures

    Finished with the pokedex for now, Tau raises the poke ball and releases it, causing a strange pokemon to appear, pale and human-shaped. Tau crouches down to be level with the Ralts.

    "I'm going to be your trainer, ok? I'll call you Sipho. It means gift, because that's what you were. Someday we're going to defeat the... Pokemon League, I think it was. And then we'll have lots of friends."

    He smiles and ruffles the pokemon's green "hair".

    He then stares at the group of trainers beginning to form nearby for a while, before setting off by himself with Sipho in tow.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Once out of sight of the group, he tries to follow them without being detected.

    Stealth: (3d6+5)[18]
    Last edited by ImperialSunligh; 2014-08-05 at 06:12 PM.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Dudeons's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Inside a Yahtzee cup
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PTU] To Be a Master - Bright Futures

    Solomon turns towards the new voice. It was one of the boys, Jonah, and he had an Abra with him. He also claimed to be some sort of telepath. Solomon had heard of such things in his travels, but hadn't actually met one. He figured that having one with them could be helpful.

    "I don't see why not," Solomon says.
    Humanized version of my first avatar made linklele.

    Declared God of Chance and Creativity as well as Equestria's Master of the d20.

    Quote Originally Posted by backwaterj View Post
    Love for the d12! Dudeons wins the game!

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PTU] To Be a Master - Bright Futures

    A telepath huh? Can't say I ever met one before. Dio thoughts, then smiles at Jonah. "Looks like everyone agrees, welcome Jonah. Not to be rude, but please don't be reading my mind all willy nilly ok?" Dio then claps his hands together, "If this is everyone, I guess we can start heading off. Unless anyone wants to train with their Pokemon first or have a mock battle? Though I'm not sure if the PokeCenter is up and running right now."

    Looking around, Dio couldn't spot Pitch, whom have already left, but sees Tau walking away, with Juno who seems to absently stands alone.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Perception check to see if there is a PokeCenter and/or it is open: (2d6)[5]

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    King_of_GRiffins's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Lost within my mind
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PTU] To Be a Master - Bright Futures

    The charmander under Pitchs heel cowers, growling in pain as he twists his tail to try to loosen it, but not to any avail. He pays close attention as he's given his choices, looking first out into the tall grass, shivering as he hears noises out in the wild, pondering his chances before looking back up at the intimidating figure that let his tail free. The devil he knows wins over the one he does not as he toughens up his expression, straightening up and nodding at his trainer, ready to follow.

    ------------

    A much happier gathering still takes place down at the base of the road, the few pokemon let out exchanging playful noises to each other while their trainers decide on a course of action. At the speed of thought, Jonahs Abra conveys back a feeling of eager anticipation as it raises it's hand to it's head in playful imitation of its trainer, "A human with such talent will make a fine companion... and perhaps a good trainer too.. The Abra shares a glance with Tau's Ralts, who seems to be looking in quite good spirits before the two walk away.

    Dio searches his brain, and recalls that there was infact a pokemon center in town, and it usually opens early. If nobody wishes to battle (or officially challenges another), then the open road awaits.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WhiteWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: [PTU] To Be a Master - Bright Futures

    ''Let's get this show on the road then.''

    Midna seemed ready for departure and was rechecking her bag, to be sure that everything for the journey was there.
    Last edited by alchaos; 2014-08-06 at 09:13 AM.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PTU] To Be a Master - Bright Futures

    Pitch smirks as the Charmander chooses correctly. He never would have let it leave.

    "Good choice," Pitch says, bending down to pick up a rock. With a quick turn of his hips Pitch pivots, flinging the rock at the Charmander, the small Pokemon crying out as the stone connects.

    "You'll dodge the next one," Pitch commands, picking up three more stones. With a flick of his wrist he sends another at the Charmander.

    Thirty Minutes Later

    The stone spins through the air, intent on striking the Charmander. It gets closer and closer until, in a bilurst of flame, it is knocked away harmlessly.

    Pitch slowly begins to clap, a wide grin on his face.

    "Three in a row! You know what that means," Pitch says, sitting next to the Charmander. "It means you're done. And you're ready. Not even an hour with me and you're stronger for it. I'm a man of my word, no?"

    With a wolfish grin, Pitch reaches over to rub the head of the Charmander, giving it a quick, encouraging pat if it allows it.

    "For now, your name is Lighter. A tool, like a shovel or a power outlet which, while useful, is nothing more than that. When you prove yourself more than a tool you'll earn a real name and not a moment before, understand?"

    Pitch's eyes are black pits as they stare at the Charmander.

    "You have a chance to prove yourself right now. Get up," the Trainer commands, hopping to his feet. "We have a Sandslash to hunt."

    Confident that the Charmander won't balk at the challenge, Pitch sets off for the clearing from before.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Training Lighter for 30 minutes! Lighter gains 5 EXP.
    Applying Brutal Training to Lighter.
    Applying Ace Trainer (Special Attack) to Charmander.

    Returning to the earlier clearing and scoping it out from the side.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2014

    Default Re: [PTU] To Be a Master - Bright Futures

    Juno groaned in embarrassment, ducking away as her mother ruffled her hair. "Moooooom, not in public..." Her mother grinned and pulled her in for a proper hug, which the teen reluctantly returned. "I'll be fine, Mom... not like you to worry." She stuck her tongue out as she pulled away, and the senior Matthews chuckled wryly.

    "I know, kid, I know. But you forget to call Mother Dearest once in a while, I'm hunting you down and dragging you home. Gotta keep track of how much butt you're kicking so I can brag to the other parents!" The two high-fived, then parted as Juno made her way towards the cars, eager to get out from under the uncomfortable scrutiny of the crowd.

    Once they reached the edge of town, Juno released her Pokemon; a small squid-like creature appeared, giving a surprised squeal and pressing against her back, seeming to vanish as it blended in with her hoodie. "One of these days you gotta grow a spine, Drifter!" she laughed at the Inkay, reaching back to give it a reassuring pat. Juno kept pace a bit of a ways behind the larger group of kids, not quite intentionally, though she was for the moment uninterested in socializing - she was occupied fiddling with her Pokedex. "Wonder if I can download any games for this thing..."

    Spoiler: Action
    Show
    Perception (3d6+3)[10] to see if she notices Tau, or anything else interesting nearby.
    Last edited by gearHead; 2014-08-06 at 10:02 PM.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PTU] To Be a Master - Bright Futures

    Jonah grins physically at his Abra's returned thought, knowing the psychic signal accompanying the expression will mean more to the Pokemon. Awesome! Uh, I don't know if you have a name, or if that's a human thing, but if there's anything you want me to call you, just let me know. Rising again, he holds out the Pokeball and activates it once more--his new friend vanishes back into his cloud of glowing energy and is pulled inside the device before it closes and shrinks back to marble size. Returning it to his pocket, Jonah turns back towards the group. "Okay, I'm ready when you are. Onward, to excitement and adventure!" He punctuates the proclamation by striking a goofy pose before shouldering his backpack again, ready to set off with the others.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    If Abra has any name preference, he has time to say so before I put him back in the ball--he communicates at the speed of thought, after all.
    Last edited by Amaril; 2014-08-06 at 10:15 PM.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PTU] To Be a Master - Bright Futures

    Seeing as everyone have finish their introductions and decided to set off, Dio quickly check and double check his belongings; making sure he isn't missing anything for the journey ahead. "Seems we're all in agreement. Alright ladies and gents it's time to head off." Grinning and looking forward at the journey ahead. He softly laughs with amusement at Johan's goofy pose, then strikes one of his own.

    Spoiler: Dio's pose
    Show
    Last edited by Boolprop; 2014-08-06 at 11:07 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •