New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

Default Need some Psionic suggestions

Some crazy stuff happened in a game tonight, and as a result, I need some recommendations. I now have a character who is casting spells as a 27th level cleric/27th level psion. My DM ruled that I could replace the "arcane caster level" with "Psionic manifester level" in the True Necromancer class, essentially. My stats currently sit at :

10 str
    10 dex
    10 con
    31 int
    31 wis
    15 cha

That's with +6 items for int and wis. The rest is raw stattage - I believe I've used +5 tomes on int and wis. He also has the ability to become a lich (and, if he can survive one more fight, will be one always), during which time his stats become :

14 str
    10 dex
    -- con
    33 int
    33 wis
    17 cha

I have two stat points to assign (... I gained ten levels in one night, don't ask), so those can be placed anywhere I wish. I also have Miracle, and might be able to request that my DM allow me to increase my inherent bonuses through that. So, my conundrum is this - I know precious little about psionics. This character is a very devout cleric of Wee Jas, VERY focussed on learning everything he can about magic to bring more glory to her. He accepted this rebuild so that he could use the increased abilities to learn more and be more useful to his patron. So, what sort of psionicist should I go with? If I can get some suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated - also, please give reasoning with your suggestions, so I can see where you're coming from with it.

::Edit:: just in case someone decides to bring this up; Psychokinesis is NOT an option. This character WILL be becoming a lich, and thus the nonability in Con will ruin him as a psychokineticist.
    Last edited by Quietus; 2007-03-08 at 02:21 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Closed Account

Default Re: Need some Psionic suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Quietus View Post
    ::Edit:: just in case someone decides to bring this up; Psychokinesis is NOT an option. This character WILL be becoming a lich, and thus the nonability in Con will ruin him as a psychokineticist.
    Gah?!

Do you still have that old Psionics Handbook?

Burn it. Then invent a device to burn things that have already been burned and burn it again. Then burn the device, with the burnt remains of the burned book still inside it. Then throw it into the core of the sun.

Get Expanded Psionics Handbook and read it. Disciplines are no longer directly related to ability scores.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Need some Psionic suggestions

I would go with Seer (since Seers can actually know everything and deduce everything using Metafaculty and Hypercognition)

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

Isaac Asimov