New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default PEACH my weapon enchantment

Enlarged Weapon
    A weapon with this enchantment is larger by one size category, and its damage increases accordingly. The wielder takes no size penalty from wielding an oversized weapon from this enchantment.
    Craft Magic Arms & Armor, Enlarge Weapon (CS), CL 6, +2 enhancement.
    Last edited by atemu1234; 2014-09-01 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Never typing before I have my coffee ever again
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    There's a reason why we bap your nose, not crucify you, for thread necromancy.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Default Re: PEACH my weapon enchantment

I think it has potential. There is some editing which should be done.(Is english your first language?)
    Second there are feats which a person could take that would acomplish the same thing. such as Monkey grip or powerful build.
    Opinions:
    Spoiler
    Show

Role playing is more important than roll playing.

Gnomes are supreme, Flumphs are second only to Gnomes. This is the way the universe works.

Facts:
    Spoiler
    Show
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

Mine started at Doom Day Gras(Mardi Gras but with more Doom)

Quote Originally Posted by Demented View Post
    "Apprentice?"
    "Yes?"
    "Get this floor mat off my head before I discorporate you."
    "Yes sir."

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

As written, it's probably very underpowered.
    +2 enhancement for probably +1 or +2 damage on average? A flaming (+1 enhancement) weapon deals an average of 3 extra damage easily.
    Now, if your intent was that it would let any sized creature wield this weapon with no problem, then it might be balanced, or even underpowered (tiny pixie with a huge greatsword... probably more than a +2) but if it's just supposed to remove the -4 penalty for an inappropriately sized weapon, then it's not worth it.
    My Homebrew and Extended Signature
    Current avatar: Charza Sahlaren, by gr8artist

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Thugorp View Post
    I think it has potential. There is some editing which should be done.(Is english your first language?)
    Second there are feats which a person could take that would acomplish the same thing. such as Monkey grip or powerful build.
    Yeah, english is my first language.

Also, I think powerful build is a racial trait, not a feat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    There's a reason why we bap your nose, not crucify you, for thread necromancy.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingPirate

This might be fine as a +2 if it also gave the reach of the new sized weapon (as if you were 1 size larger).

6. - Top - End - #6
    Banned

RedWizardGuy

Personally I think this would be better as the ability for bracers, but if you are really set on doing it as a weapon enhancement then lets give it a whirl.

OK, lets drop the first sentence. Why would a weapon need a magical enhancement to be bigger than normal? The smith could just forge it larger.

Second sentence needs slight rewording to clarify HOW large the weapon can be. Just one size category, right?

How does this interact with existing feats and abilities? If it stacks then leave at +2 modifier. If not then drop to a +1.

If you really want this as a weapon enhancement I'd use something like this...
    Spoiler
    Show
    The wielder takes no size penalty from using a weapon one size category to large for him with this enchantment. This enchantment does (or does not) stack with any other ability to use larger weapons such as Monkey Grip or Powerful Build. This enchantment has no bearing on ones space or reach.
    Craft Magic Arms & Armor, Enlarge Weapon (CS), CL 6, +2 (or +1) enhancement.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Cost for this to be permanent other than a weapon that can be used for more than 1 round per level is going to be pretty high so +2 enhancement might be about right.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2014-09-04 at 12:41 PM.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread