New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default How would you make these Magical Beasts as Animal Companion Starting Statistics?

I would like some new Animal Companion Starting Statistics for Pathfinder, but these are Magical Beasts.

I'm wanting to simulate the Hippogriff Animal Companion that the Hippogriff Rider gets, but for these Magical Beasts:

Griffon
    Pegasus
    Unicorn
    Sea Cat
    Worg
    Ethyk (stats located here: Ethyk 3.5
    Elven Hound (Races of the Wild pg 189)

I just need the animal (magical beast) starting stats, but I'm not sure what they should be per each Level-Advancement. I'm also wondering, should a Ranger or Druid have a new feat in order to select one of these magical beasts as an animal companion or is it ok to make these available just the same as a normal animal?
    Visit my Downloads section for my D&D 3.5 resources (DM screen, PC & NPC sheets, Reference sheets, etc, etc)

I will buy your unwanted D&D minis collection (DDM & PF Battles only). Email me your asking price!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Default Re: How would you make these Magical Beasts as Animal Companion Starting Statistics?

See this: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core...es/sky-stalker

The Sable Company Marine is also a Ranger Archetype. Both require this exchange:
    "This ability replaces favored terrain 1 and hunter's bond."

Check to see which creatures can be used as mounts. Erthyk's are too small and only have 1 HD. I'm not even sure why this is on your list. Elven Hound would have to be converted to Pathfinder and then made into an companion. See this thread: http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2khno?Elven-Hound-Companion

Sea cats breathe air despite living in the water so be aware that they aren't good for many aquatic races that can breathe water.

I suggest you make up the Ranger Archetype first and then fit in the creature so it is balanced. The creatures probably have to take monster levels to make it fair. Sincer there are no rules for turning magical beasts into animal companions your guess is as good anyone else's guess. Worgs are only Medium size so they can't be ridden by medium characters either.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2014-09-08 at 07:19 PM.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread