Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 80
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2008

    Default Seek the Sun [IC]

    The Great City of the west, grand Uru'ah, is in flames. Barbaric invaders form the North come bearing metal weapons and fearsome warbeasts. Word has spread that the defenders were slain while they slumbered by followers of Gron-Lau, the Fourth Sun's younger brother. If this is true, it has grave consequences for the faithful.


    The Eastern skyline was particularly red this evening, lasting far longer into the night than normal.

    The messenger arrived just as the sun set over the tip of the Temple proper. Panting and shaking like an overworked goat, and his side dark with blood. His last words were pained and stunning. Of strange monsters, demon-eyed figures, and the brave men of Uru'Ah slain in their beds by their opposite in the night guard of Gron-Lau. Of Great Uru'Ah in flames, temples toppled and few spared. The messenger had been part of a group of thirty fleeing the violence, hoping Westward, away from the invasion, would be best.

    He was all that managed to reach anywhere, and he died twenty feet from the temple Steps as he breathed his last, in shadow. A grave portent indeed.

    The Elder had the large drum at the top of the Temple sounded, to summon the remaining Hunters back from their work with haste. Outlying family members were collected into a group to debate what to do. Some had already begun to pack and flee. Stragglers, strangers with no home in the Temple, no family but who they called Brother or Sister.

    Spoiler: Golthir
    Show

    The Elder of the small temple had given Golthir a small, spartan room of the Temple to stay in. Not large, but the Elder's granddaughter would stop in during the evening to stoke the fire, and the pile of furs that was his bed was thick and soft with the kills of the lucrative bounty the Jungle provided.

    It was the granddaughter that came running into his chambers to tell him the news, though too panicked to go into detail. She rushes off before she can be questioned deeply, though the agitated sounds of a large crowd are clear even through the stout stone walls of the ziggurat. The Dwarf only knows that something has happened to his home city of Uru'Ah and that a man has died.


    Spoiler: Ophai
    Show

    The Drum is what called you back. The Elder(your cousin's Uncle's relative of some sort, a very tenuous connection but one that had earned you a warm place to sleep at night with a roof over your head) was standing in a crowd of shouting, milling people. His voice is clearly shaken but deep with calm as he tries to placate his extended brood and the two dozen or so nonhuman, nonelven inhabitants of the Temple grounds. Occasionally a young Hunter rushes in to speak with him, then rushes off on his orders.

    He meets your eyes with a harassed, and oddly suspicious look in his eyes, but finally nods in greeting as he turns back to speak with another Hunter.


    Spoiler: Zaid
    Show

    You saw the man as he came limping in. In fact, you were one of the first to rush towards him, but his terrified howl at the sight of your horns and eyes stopped you short. Others get to him a moment later, but you're close enough to hear him speak. Uru'Ah is in flames. Treachery has slain the ranks of Soa's bravest warriors, killed by those in service to Gron-Lau. Normally you'd protest such a ridiculous blasphemy, but the man wore the symbol of Soa's warrior-caste on his person. The Elder arrives, and you are mostly ignored as you usually are.


    Spoiler: Black Smoking Mirror
    Show

    Something has troubled the Temple-people. The whole brood has poured out from their ramshackle houses and the Temple like a kicked over anthill. It's hard to hear what they are saying from your spot on the edge of the temple, sheltered from rain under the slanted walls. Besides, you have had a successful hunt and are halfway through a particularly fine jug of something quite potent traded for the pelt of the third animal you caught that afternoon. Soa has been kind to you today.

    Still, even through the faint glow of alcohol you can see the urgency and worry in the way people are moving.


    Spoiler: Vayla
    Show

    Normally the Drum only sounds in the morning, wishing the Hunters good luck on their day. It's weird that they're sounding now, just as night time has fallen. What little you know of Gron-Lau's worship from your time trading pelts and meat for tools and luxuries says there should be no Drums tonight.

    Today has been a long, strange one. The Animals were plentiful and easy to catch, though always moving, heading Westward away from the Temple. The whole jungle feels...off. The air is thick with a tense waiting.

    Things are moving in the Jungle. Not quiet or stealthy either. You can hear strange voices on the wind from the East, and the creak and rustle of underbrush being trampled. The Temple is behind you to the West.



    Spoiler: Characters playing and Important Info
    Show

    Characters
    Player Character Class/Race
    Bulwere Golthir Dwarven Cleric/Archer
    Chain Ophai Elf Ranger
    Cognomen Zaid Tiefling Duskblade
    DeRerumNatura Black Smoking Mirror Catfolk Barbarian
    WogWoggle Vayla Zundan Half-Elf Beastmaster


    Last edited by Snacs; 2014-09-14 at 07:37 PM.
    "Fear Vs. Hope. Hardly an even match"

    "That's because you think of hope as something light and fragile. My version of hope has calluses and dirt under her fingernails and isn't past bringing brass knuckles to a fight."

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Seek the Sun [IC]

    Ophai is a lovely, graceful elf; still blessed with both despite her advancing age due to the longevity of her race. But at the moment her face is contorted in outrage and she is shouting over most of the other noise.

    This is slander! Heresy! The guard of Gron-Lau are men and women of honor! They would not betray their oaths in such a manner!

    The fury in Ophai's voice is palpable - and shocking to those who have known her until now as a kind, patient woman,

    I will travel West to Uru'ah, and I will bring back the truth of what has happened there!
    Last edited by Ezeze; 2014-09-10 at 04:38 PM.
    "Nothing has to be true, but everything has to sound true." - Isaac Asimov (Second Foundation)



    Avatar by Serpentine. Ezeze-doll by Recaiden.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Woggle's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Seek the Sun [IC]

    Vayla's growing sense of unease at the irregular behavior of the jungle and its denizens throughout the day culminates with the low throb of the drums from the temple. So unexpected is it that she glances momentarily upwards, before reminding herself that it is still night. Something is very wrong, she thinks to herself.

    The sound of strange, loud movement through the jungle to the East settles her mind on a course of action: She calls softly to her hunting cat and commands it to follow, then, with a quick survey of her surroundings for immediate danger, she heads West towards the drums and the Temple. Though her curiosity calls for her to seek out the movement, the strangeness of the day and the drumming urges caution.

    Spoiler: OOC/Rolls
    Show

    Handle Animal (Heel, DC 15) take ten = 19 (if not, then (1d20+9)[21])
    Perception (1d20+8)[21]
    Stealth (1d20+6)[17] to move through the jungle
    Survival (to determine the direction of the Temple, if need be) take ten = 15
    Last edited by Woggle; 2014-09-10 at 05:26 PM.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Seek the Sun [IC]

    It is the screeching of the elf which finally makes the leopardkin leave his shelter, prowling to the center of the commotion.
    The exile placing pushes the throng, with no care taken for weaker, straightening to his full massive, and slightly drunk, size to sneer About what treachery are you talking elf

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Seek the Sun [IC]

    The elf turns on the leopardkin and, though nearly twice her height and innocent of any provocation, he becomes the focus of her ire.

    A man has died at the temple gates! she practically roars though not before first accusing the Night Guard of Uru'ah of the highest possible blasphemy! He claims they slit the throats of their kin - followers of Soa - in their beds!
    "Nothing has to be true, but everything has to sound true." - Isaac Asimov (Second Foundation)



    Avatar by Serpentine. Ezeze-doll by Recaiden.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Seek the Sun [IC]

    For a moment Black Smoking Mirror seems baffled, like a leopard attacked by a rabbit, then his drunken mind decides instead of taken the outburst of the elf as a challenge to take it with humour.
    But before he starts to his laugh he finally catches on what the elf has said instead of how she said. it

    The night guard has murdered their comrades in arms?
    .
    The leopardkin sounds slightly freaked out.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2008

    Default Re: Seek the Sun [IC]

    Spoiler: Ophai, Black Smoking Mirror
    Show

    "No one is going anywhere West right now."
    The voice is loud but not hoarse or yelling. The Temple Elder looks grave as he slowly walks up towards Ophai and Black Smoking Mirror.

    "At the moment we will need every hand here to make sure the children and unfit are safe. I will not have everyone scattering to the winds."He is less than a fifth of Ophai's age but his bearing demands total authority.

    "We are not sure what has happened yet, but the words of a dying man are rarely false."He holds a hand up to forestall any outburst from Ophai.

    "We do not know the circumstances. Let us honor the poor soul who has brought us warning by Soa's guidance." He lets his head dip briefly, even as Mothers and Fathers bundle children, food and water towards the temple behind them. Hunters run, fleet footed and armed to make sure every house against the walls is emptied. He's soon directing orders again, too busy with his immediate family to give you much more attention.



    Spoiler: Vayla
    Show

    The strange crashing continues on, heading in much the same direction as Vayla. However, it is clear the half-elf and her hunting cat are far better suited to the dense jungle foliage than whatever movement followed her, as it quickly fades into the background of the jungle's always riotous noise. The moon rising is full, breaking through the tree-line just frequently enough to make it easy to travel. The low slung, slanted stone walls of the Temple appear in front of her, though the normally empty entryway is flanked by nervous looking Hunters bearing spears.


    Spoiler: Ophai only
    Show

    The Elder is hiding it well, but there's a clear division in his gaze when he looks at you and when he looks at the rest of his family. It's an unsettling look. You don't think he'd let you just leave. At the same time, his quick speech about the fallen warrior has distracted the crowd, which judging by the sudden space in certain places has splintered. The Hunters who offer to Soa, the day-time defenders of the Temple, have spaced themselves openly away from former brothers with worried looks.
    "Fear Vs. Hope. Hardly an even match"

    "That's because you think of hope as something light and fragile. My version of hope has calluses and dirt under her fingernails and isn't past bringing brass knuckles to a fight."

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Seek the Sun [IC]

    Ophai's face flashes through a few expressions, but what she finally says is Yes, people to protect... Of course...

    Rather than trouble herself with the unsettling speed at which those around her grow suspicious of one another Ophai looks to the trees around them, her aim being to find a perch from which she can look Westward, watching for any further danger - or for any more messengers.

    If she finds a suitable one she attempts to climb it and to get a good view.

    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    "Perception" - (1d20+9)[29]
    "Climb" - (1d20+7)[10]
    [roll="Perception"1d20+9[/roll]
    "Nothing has to be true, but everything has to sound true." - Isaac Asimov (Second Foundation)



    Avatar by Serpentine. Ezeze-doll by Recaiden.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Woggle's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Seek the Sun [IC]

    Despite calming her nerves slightly as the sound of crashing movement behind her lessens, and finally dies, Vayla's concern remains. When the Temple walls finally come into view, her heart skips a beat at the sight of hunters guarding the gate. What has happened? she thinks again.

    Keeping a firm hand on her cat's harness, she calls out to the hunters at the gate: "I came when I heard the drum. Noisy, slow beings move through the jungle heading this way, though I did not see them. What has happened?"
    Vayla approaches the gate, glancing back and forth between the guards and keeping an eye and ear out towards the jungle, worry apparent on her face.

    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

    Perception (1d20+8)[13] Vayla keeps half her attention on the jungle behind her.
    Last edited by Woggle; 2014-09-10 at 07:23 PM.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2008

    Default Re: Seek the Sun [IC]

    Spoiler: Ophia
    Show
    The Elder is too busy to note your listless response.

    Perhaps it's the shocking speed the way divisions form, or that unsettling look of uncertainty on a relatives face, but it actually takes a few ungainly, graceless tries to work your way into a large tree growing in the center of the temple grounds. Up in the tree the air is a lot more peaceful, the Moon's light bathing your shoulders. Like always the Jungle is alive, even in the dead of night. Animals hoot and chatter, the branches and trees creak in low winds, and the angry buzz and mutter of the people rushing about below just become another part of the forest.

    From this higher vantage point you can see a Hunter and her cat approaching the gates at a steady pace, late to the summons. The Elder is quick at least- There are now armed Hunters and Soa-Guards at the gate-less entryway. The normally busy, fire-strewn open grounds between the ziggurat and the walls are empty, lean-tos open-mouthed with doors ajar.



    Spoiler: Black Smoking Mirror
    Show

    Something has clearly gotten under the Elf Hunter's skin. The last dregs of the fine alcohol you had enjoyed burns away with the sobering thought of Great Uru'Ah in flames. The Elder has clearly forgotten you in the bustle of people, though it lets you watch the elf clamber with less than grace up into the big tree tilting out of the ground next to the Temple proper.
    "Fear Vs. Hope. Hardly an even match"

    "That's because you think of hope as something light and fragile. My version of hope has calluses and dirt under her fingernails and isn't past bringing brass knuckles to a fight."

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    California, USA

    Default Re: Seek the Sun [IC]

    Zad is used to strangers panicking at the sight of her, and even more used to people like the Elder ignoring her. Not so long ago she would have insisted on imposing herself, but Hilith spent years teaching her to be more patient, and in any case the messenger's final words are so disturbing that she doesn't mind a moment to herself to mull them over. Uru'ah in flames? The servants of Gron-Lau murderers? This is impossible blasphemy of course, but... what if it isn't? She's always known how Tiluk lurks in the minds of men, trying to corrupt, trying to madden.

    Her first thought is to her mother. Armina has always been even more of an outcast than her daughter, and Zad doesn't trust anyone to help her if help becomes necessary. She decides to make a circuit of the Temple, looking out for anything else unusual, on her way to check that Armina is all right.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Hokay, some rolls:
    Perception: (1d20+2)[11]
    K: Local: (1d20+9)[28]
    Spoiler
    Show

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Seek the Sun [IC]

    For a Black Smoking Mirror just stands still, as being suddenly turned into a statue, his mind turning.

    Uru'ah fallen? What about his father, his family? His chance to return and show them that he was a true warrior?

    Finally he starts to move again.

    Atleast the elf was ready to spill some blood. But first things first.

    Striding through the chaos he gets to his huts and start to arm and armore himself.

    It was time to spill some blood.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2008

    Default Re: Seek the Sun [IC]

    When the alarm reached him, Golthir was comfortably asleep on his pile of furs, but he rises immediately to his feet with a groan from his protesting joints. By the time the Elder's granddaughter's footfalls fade from earshot, he has his thick leather coat on over his first layer of robes. He begins methodically slotting stone plates into its stiff pockets, transforming it into a rigid piece of armor.

    By the time he strides out into the hallway, the old dwarf is in his full regalia, white mitre atop his grey hair, a wooden holy symbol in his beard, and orange-and-white cotton robes draped over top of the armor. His belts, hung with hammers and arrows, interrupt the clean lines of his uniform.

    Golthir seeks the Elder. As he walks, he hears fragments of rumors-- Uru'ah in flames, the gods at war in the sky, an army in the forest waiting to attack the temple. He believes none of it.

    As he nears the gates, he draws a small book from his pocket and begins to read a prayer aloud in a deep, booming voice.

    "As we gird ourselves for battle this night
    We are sure in our knowledge of the sunrise;
    As we sharpen our swords,
    Our minds turn to Soa..."


    Spoiler
    Show
    Book of War Prayers: This small, leather-bound collection of war prayers features pages of fine vellum. If you have a Charisma of 13 or higher, or at least 1 rank in Perform (oratory), you can read aloud prayers from the book before battle to hearten others for the trials to come. Reading prayers for this effect takes 10 minutes. You grant those who hear your prayers a +2 morale bonus on the next saving throw against fear they attempt, as long as that saving throw is made in the next 24 hours.
    playing in Seek the Sun: IC / OOC
    Avatar by Tiger Duck

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2008

    Default Re: Seek the Sun [IC]

    Spoiler: Zaid
    Show

    Nothing seems out of the ordinary beyond the obvious. In times of danger however most of the inhabitants are drawn into the Temple. Zaid's mother is not one of those who has been helped to shelter. Zaid finds her standing worried by the door to the small wooden lean-to the pair call home.

    "What is it Zaid? None of the Hunters would tell me anything." She hugs her daughter as she approaches, clearly glad the younger duskblade is safe.


    Spoiler: Golthir
    Show

    "What is that foo-"The Elder's low grumble is cut off as it replaces itself with a respectful tone.
    "Teacher Golthir, please. It would be most kind if you wo-"His voice is cut off as a large Crack echoes from the jungle




    Spoiler: All
    Show

    A sound has been growing, low and bass and at first easily mistaken as the large drum topping the temple. Ophai high in her spot is the first to see something through the dense overgrowth. The nearest trees to the gate shudder, then bend and snap beneath the bulk of something massive. Whatever it is, it muscles between the trees shadowing the path from the gates with a loud, shrieking trumpet that drowns out even Golthir's deep voice.

    The creature is massive and shaggy, twice as tall as Black Smoking Mirror. Two massive, gleaming tusks jut from beneath its broad, flat head. Each one is almost the length of a man, and as it squeezes between the trees it bellows again. Broad straps of leather criss-cross the beast's hide, and a figure is mounted just behind the broad head, ducking carefully beneath low hanging branches.

    It stomps its way towards the gate at a deceptively quick speed. Behind it figures move and writhe and crash through the underbrush. An odd whistling sound fills the air, and the two hunters standing terrified by the open gate slowly slump over, sporting oddly short, sleek arrows from throat and chest each.


    Spoiler: OOC All
    Show

    Roll perception, then initiative.
    "Fear Vs. Hope. Hardly an even match"

    "That's because you think of hope as something light and fragile. My version of hope has calluses and dirt under her fingernails and isn't past bringing brass knuckles to a fight."

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Seek the Sun [IC]

    Perception - (1d20+10)[14]
    Initiative - (1d20+3)[12]
    "Nothing has to be true, but everything has to sound true." - Isaac Asimov (Second Foundation)



    Avatar by Serpentine. Ezeze-doll by Recaiden.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Woggle's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Seek the Sun [IC]

    Perception - (1d20+8)[16]
    Initiative - (1d20+4)[11]

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2008

    Default Re: Seek the Sun [IC]

    Perception: (1d20+6)[24]

    Initiative: (1d20)[14]
    playing in Seek the Sun: IC / OOC
    Avatar by Tiger Duck

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    California, USA

    Default Re: Seek the Sun [IC]

    Perception: (1d20+2)[5]
    Initiative: (1d20+3)[8]
    Spoiler
    Show

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2008

    Default Re: Seek the Sun [IC]

    Spoiler: Golthir, Black Smoking Mirror
    Show

    The figure astride the great beast is garbed in black fabric from head to toe. It's face is a horrifying scarlet visage with curved horns framing a pointed chin-At least, it is until you realize it is not the creature's true face, but some sort of elaborate mask. It is holding a strap of leather leading to the beast's neck, while the other rests on the pommel of a weapon tucked into its wide cloth belt. Behind the beast is a war host, though its hard to catch more than movement behind the huge beast bearing down on the now open, defenseless gates.


    Spoiler: Valya
    Show

    The figure riding the beast is draped head to toe and black, with a horrifying red face, horned. It is clearly directing the beast.


    Spoiler: Everyone
    Show

    The long-tusked creature bellows once more and reaches the broad, open gateway to the temple. The ancient, ivy-draped stone walls shatter a third of the way to the top to let the beasts shoulders through. The temple hunters in the open area start to scatter with cries of alarm and fear.
    "Fear Vs. Hope. Hardly an even match"

    "That's because you think of hope as something light and fragile. My version of hope has calluses and dirt under her fingernails and isn't past bringing brass knuckles to a fight."

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Woggle's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Seek the Sun [IC]

    Surpressing her fear at the sight of the tusked warbeast and its demon-faced rider as they crash into the temple gateway, Vayla retreats toward the temple proper, her cat at her side. As she moves she readies her atlatl. Gron Lau grant me strength, and let my aim be true she beseaches as she launches a dart at the demon atop the beast with as much force as she can muster.

    Spoiler: Ooc/Rolls
    Show

    Vayla takes a move action away from the Beast while readying her atlatl, then makes a single ranged attack (if possible staying just within 50 ft. of the Beast).

    Ranged Attack - (1d20+4)[21] Vayla launches a dart with her atlatl at the red-faced rider (range inc. 50 feet)
    Damage = 9 (rolled in Ooc thread, if it hits)
    Last edited by Woggle; 2014-09-14 at 09:34 PM.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Seek the Sun [IC]

    Black Smoking Mirror
    Ini:18 HP: 30 AC: 11
    Rage 1/12
    Flat-Footed

    Attracted by the noise Black Smoking Mirror leaves his hut, now armored and armed.
    The second he realizes that the villages is under attacks he smiles, a greed for violence glinting in his eyes.
    The second afterthat he starts running towards the wall, penpedicular to the the moving warbeast, and heaves himself up.
    He keeps running along the top of the wall, till he is level with the monster and with a huge roar he jumps to the top of it.


    Spoiler
    Show

    A little tired and distracted.
    Last edited by DeRerumNatura; 2014-09-14 at 09:05 PM.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Seek the Sun [IC]

    Ophai doesn't move from where she is, finding comfortable cover from within the tree branches. She takes aim and fires at the figure riding the pig.

    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    attack - (1d20+6)[16]
    damage - (1d8+2)[4]
    Last edited by Ezeze; 2014-09-15 at 11:28 AM.
    "Nothing has to be true, but everything has to sound true." - Isaac Asimov (Second Foundation)



    Avatar by Serpentine. Ezeze-doll by Recaiden.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2008

    Default Re: Seek the Sun [IC]

    With a sigh, Golthir drops the prayer book into one of his front pockets and draws his longbow.

    Anyone with any sense or experience is ducking for cover or retreating. Some of the keener fighters of the temple have already started to strike back-- the tall one with the leopard-cat and a few of the temple archers were aiming for the beast rider.

    He spies another flash of spotted fur-- the leopard-boy, a singularly uncooperative pupil, is preparing to make a bold pounce onto the beast's back. Golthir seizes to opportunity to loose an arrow at the masked rider, hopefully enough to distract him as the boy leaps.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Arrow: (1d20+7)[14]
    Damage: 5
    (Measured Response-- I'm taking average-round-down for damage.)

    EDIT: That's at a -4 if BSM is in combat with the beast-rider at the time of the shot.
    Last edited by Bulwer; 2014-09-15 at 11:12 AM.
    playing in Seek the Sun: IC / OOC
    Avatar by Tiger Duck

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Woggle's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Seek the Sun [IC]

    As Vayla watches her dart fly to its target, she sifts through her mind for any knowledge of a beast like the one currently before her.

    Spoiler: Ooc/Rolls
    Show

    [rolls=K. Nature]1d20+3[/roll] K. Nature check to determine the tusked beasts powers.
    Edit: Messed up, will roll in Ooc Thread. Sorry
    Edit: Edit: Roll was a 4, so shouldn't have any effect anyway.
    Last edited by Woggle; 2014-09-15 at 12:56 PM.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Seek the Sun [IC]

    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Oh, hey, Knowledge (nature) - not a bad idea

    (1d20+6)[14]
    "Nothing has to be true, but everything has to sound true." - Isaac Asimov (Second Foundation)



    Avatar by Serpentine. Ezeze-doll by Recaiden.

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2008

    Default Re: Seek the Sun [IC]

    Spoiler: All
    Show

    Vayla
    Vayla's aim is true this day, and the long dart thumps firmly into the red-faced rider mounted on the great war-beast. It impacts on the figures shoulder, tilting him briefly in place. Vayla cannot place the beast at all, a foreign thing unknown to the Soa Lands.

    Black Smoking Mirror
    The Beast below you bellows at feeling something hanging on to its back, but continues its charge as you grip its thick, shaggy fur and hold on. The rider twists as a long wooden dart(probably from one of the Hunters less hopped up on bloodlust and alcohol than you) sprouts from its shoulder. Unfortunately this lets the figure spot you, and it wastes no time in drawing its weapon. It has a long, convex half-moon curve and appears to be made of some sharp, gleaming material that is neither wood nor metal. Shifting around, the long curve scores a long, painful wound to the catfolk's closest shoulder, drawing blood and coloring his fur.

    Ophai
    Either the waving branches, or the Beast's deceptive speed makes it hard to aim, as Ophai's arrow ends up slicing uselessly into the shaggy coat of the tusked Beast and hanging there limply, causing neither harm to rider nor Beast.

    Golthir
    Golthir's shot likewise goes sour, pitching too high above and whistling uselessly into the tree line. The Beast's head tips, tusks driving a divot in the ground as it picks up speed yet again.





    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Spoiler: Golthir
    Show

    The Beast is about to run you over. You can choose to try and keep standing still and let it trample over you, or move.


    Spoiler: Ophai
    Show

    Who said it was a pig? It doesn't look like any pig Ophai's ever seen. You've never seen an animal like it.


    Spoiler: BSM(Black SMoking Mirror)
    Show

    Take 7 damage. Ow. Also make a perception check please.

    "Fear Vs. Hope. Hardly an even match"

    "That's because you think of hope as something light and fragile. My version of hope has calluses and dirt under her fingernails and isn't past bringing brass knuckles to a fight."

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    California, USA

    Default Re: Seek the Sun [IC]

    Ada is more than capable of defending herself, but Zad can't help but be protective of her mother. She pushes in front of Ada, ushering the older woman back into her hut with one hand while drawing her longbow with the other. The young duskblade mutters a prayer to Soa, takes careful aim at the figure astride the huge beast, and fires.

    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show


    Attack figure on beastie: (1d20+5)[8]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[11]

    Trying to figure out what that thing is:
    K: Nature: (1d20+7)[17]

    Spoiler
    Show

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Woggle's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Seek the Sun [IC]

    Her confidence bolstered by striking true with her throw, Vayla moves again to maintain distance from the tusked beast. Seeing the Catfolk leopard-warrior engaged with the red-faced rider, she shifts her focus to the beast. Aiming this time for the beast's eye, she readies a dart and hurls it. With no new commands, her hunting cat waits at her side, tense and alert.

    Spoiler: Ooc/Rolls
    Show

    Perception - (1d20+8)[11] (if needed in order to aim specifically at the beast's eye, otherwise just aim for the face/head)
    Ranged Attack - (1d20+4)[13]
    Damage - (1d6+3)[4]

    Vayla uses a move action to get away from the beast (but staying within 50', if possible) and reloads her atlatl at the same time, then makes a ranged attack against the beast. With no new commands, her cat should stay by her side (still following the original heel command.)

    Sorry about warning the rider
    Last edited by Woggle; 2014-09-15 at 07:04 PM.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Seek the Sun [IC]

    Dammit Ophai whispers. She takes aim at the figure in the mask again, trying to take advantage of the fact that he has turned to face the catfolk...


    Spoiler: rolls
    Show
    (1d20+6)[19]
    (1d8+2)[7]
    "Nothing has to be true, but everything has to sound true." - Isaac Asimov (Second Foundation)



    Avatar by Serpentine. Ezeze-doll by Recaiden.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2008

    Default Re: Seek the Sun [IC]

    Golthir heads back and to his right, away from the gate and hopefully out of the Beast's path. Absent any cover, he pauses to mutter a prayer. The words are in a tongue alien to him, but these are the words Soa has given him. He feels the power radiate out from his holy symbol, seeking the eyes and minds of the temple's defenders.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Blessed Aim: +2 morale bonus to ranged attack rolls for allies within 50 feet. Lasts 2 minutes.
    playing in Seek the Sun: IC / OOC
    Avatar by Tiger Duck

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •