New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,493 of 1493
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Serpent's Skull I, Smuggler's Shiv

This magnificent creature is sadly in my way, and seems to not like me, to dangerous to leave alone, I will have to slay it, in a monster battle...

Spoiler: Rawr!
    Show
    Power Attack, then ...* 2 Talons: (1d20+9)[20], damage (2d6+12)[17], (1d20+9)[27], damage (2d6+12)[16]
    * Bite: (1d20+9)[25], damage (1d8+12)[16]
    * Foreclaws: (1d20+7)[26], damage (2d6+6)[14]

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Colossus in the Playground

R3T13: This magnificent creature is sadly in my way, Vasikcharder thinks ruefully as he hits it with a talon for 17 ...
    ... and it seems not to like me ... he ponders while another talon hits it for 16 ...
    ... too dangerous to leave it alone, I will have to slay it ... he convinces himself with a deep bite for another 16 ...
    ... in a monster battle! he victoriously smiles (can megaraptor's smile?) as his foreclaws drop it for 14!

Vasikcharder stands over his vanquished foe. A discarded banner falls out of the tree behind him as he roars, with old Taldane printing of "When Dinosaurs Ruled the World."

R3T12: A charau-ka (red) throws a rock at Lalarlia.

R3T11: Lalarlia, Vasikcharder has handled the big snake, though you do have to make it over the rickety bridge that straddles the strange, thick black waters to get to the Ydersian cleric. What do you do?

Charau-ka (blue) on deck, Charau-ka cleric in the hole ...
    20MAR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: The Worldwound (2013, Jacobs, Keith, et. al.).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    bcool999: On hiatus through 01APR2024.

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Not wishing to risk the bridge quite yet, Lalarlia will turn her attentions to the 2 rock throwers, taking aim with her bow...

Spoiler: One for you blue and better dead than red!
    Show

Attack 1 on red: (1d20+10)[24]
    Dmg: (1d6+2)[4]

Attack 2 on blue: (1d20+5)[22]

Can I have a Mountain Dew? Where are the Cheetos?

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

4. - Top - End - #1474

R3T11: Not wishing to risk the bridge quite yet, Lalarlia will turn her attentions to the 2 rock throwers, taking aim with her bow. She hits each of them for 4.

R3T10.5: "Blue" charau-ka misses Lalarlia with a rock.

R3T10: "I am Raogru, Herald of Ydersius," the cleric says in heavily accented Taldane, while leveling a venomous stare at Vasikcharder, "and you killed my beloved Chu-Tok. I shall be sure to make amends for that."

He then moves west, climbs like his kin to get around a stone wall that goes right up to the pool of black water, and to the other side, out of Vasik's sight.

R3T6: Gruelop crosses the plank bridge over the black water (passing Lalarlia) and gets to Vasikcharder, its command completed.

End Round 3, Begin Round 4 ...

R4T13:
    Vasikcharder, with the fall of Chu-Tok, something happens that makes you feel as if you are even faster and sure-footed than before, despite suffering from your previous DEX-related wound. You can't see the priest, but you have an idea where he is .... hiding in an alcove of the old ruins But there is no straight and easy route to him. Also, Gruelop is now there with you, and awaiting your next command. What do you do? What do you command Gruelop to do?
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    That stare that Raogru threw you almost seemed to fascinate you and hold you in place, but you easily resisted.

Red charau-ka on deck, Lalarlia in the hole ...
    20MAR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: The Worldwound (2013, Jacobs, Keith, et. al.).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

5. - Top - End - #1475

Vasikcharder growls "Follow." then will rush to the statue and attempt to bite the blue monkey man, hoping to get a snack on the go.

Spoiler: Snack on the go!
    Show
    If the monkeyman is within reach, after moving to the base of the statue, and taking a powered attacking bite: Bite: (1d20+9)[29], damage (1d8+12)[19]

6. - Top - End - #1476

R4T13: Vasikcharder growls "Follow." then will rush to the statue and attempt to bite the blue monkey man, hoping to get a snack on the go. He crits the thing with a moderate wound that shatters its nose for 20 + 1 CHA + (1d2 bleed).

R4T12: The "red" charau-ka goes into a shrieking frenzy and swings its club twice, once hitting the scales of Vasikcharder's snout but doing little else.

R4T11: Larlarlia, what do you do?

"Blue" on deck, Raogru in the hole ...
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Lalarlia will fire again, this time concentrating on Blue... If she has clear LoS that is... If not, Red gets the pincushion treatment...

Spoiler: If you prick us, do we not bleed?
    Show

Attack 1: (1d20+10)[20]
    Dmg: (1d6+2)[8]

Attack 2: (1d20+5)[19]
    Dmg: (1d6+2)[8]

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

8. - Top - End - #1478

R4T11: Lalarlia fires again, this time concentrating on "blue." The first arrow hits it in the left shoulder for 8, and as it begins to fall she gets it in left shoulder again a second time for another 8. It falls to the ground (killing it), bouncing into the black waters. In doing so, Lalarlia and Vasikcharder notices that the "water" coats the dead creature's fur in thick blackness. As it sinks into the sludge .... as it now seems to be more than just "water" .... there is a hissing sound and an awful smell. The smell is from a great heat that causes bubbles to form and pop on the surface from the liquid itself, now also including smelly, dead charau-ka flesh burning as well. Neither of you have ever seen anything like this.

R4T10: Raogru throws a rock at Lalarlia, hitting her in her hip for 14.

R4T6: Gruelop double-moves to get to where it is now with Vasikcharder.

End Round 4, Begin Round 5 ...

R5T20-14:
    Two more charau-ka appear from behind the statue and scurry up a narrow lane between two pools leading towards the cleric. Both throw rocks at Lalarlia. One is a soft crit on Lalarlia's left lower arm for 7.

R5T13: Vasikcharder, Lalarlia is getting pelted out where she is, though she did provide a cinematic death to one of the charau-ka while showing how dangerous the black waters are. You get the sense that if you focused your new, strange impaling tail attack into a single strike, it could be devastating .... but, true, not nearly as devastating as a full round of attacks. Anyway, what do you do?

Red on deck, Lalarlia in the hole ...
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Lalarlia will step off the rickety bridge and move closer Fezzik and then ask her Goddess for healing energies.

Spoiler: Anybody want a peanut?
    Show

Channel Energy on the dino guys and include herself in the healing.

(3d6)[16]

10. - Top - End - #1480

Vasik will 5' closer to the narrow stone walkway, attempting a mighty bite to the red on the statue, and clawing his way through the beasties on the walkway.

Spoiler: You are in my way!
    Show
    Power attacking, bite to red: Bite: (1d20+9)[11], damage (1d8+12)[19]. then claws and talons to orange: Foreclaws: (1d20+7)[23], damage (2d6+6)[14], 2 Talons: (1d20+9)[24], damage (2d6+12)[22], (1d20+9)[14], damage (2d6+12)[24]. Not sure if my tail attack could be used in Dino form, nor as an added attack...

11. - Top - End - #1481

R5T13: Vasik will step 5' closer to the narrow stone walkway, attempting a mighty bite to the red on the statue (that misses), and clawing his way through the beasties on the walkway, the the brown one in a bloody mess into the black sludge.

R5T12: The one on the statue backs up a little, throwing two rocks at Lalarlia, and only one bounces off her armor.

R5T11: Lalarlia steps off the rickety bridge and moves closer to Vasikcharder. She then asks her Goddess for healing energies. Brilliant energy bursts out from her, healing herself, Vasikcharder and the one charau-ka on the statue ... which is enough to fully heal the latter two.

R5T10: Raogru throws a stone limned with the faintest energy at Vasikcharder, smacking him hard for 16 mod. He then climbs back around the side of the jut of wall, and stands at the far end of the rickety bridge.

R5T6: Gruelop waits for a command, delaying...

End Round 5, Begin Round 6 ...

R6T14:
    "Green" throws a rock at Lalarlia (missing), then steps back a little.

R6T13: Vasikcharder, confidence surges through you. What do you do?

Red on deck, Lalarlia in the hole ...
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1482

Vasik growls "Eat all monkeys." then rushes around, to the other side of the black pool where the monkey caster is, and steadying himself, attempt to sweep the monkey caster into the black muck with his tail.
    Spoiler
    Show
    power attacking Impaling Spiked tail: (1d20+6)[12], damage (2d6+16)[28]

13. - Top - End - #1483
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Lalarlia will seek to undo the healing she did on Red and will fire at him.

Spoiler: Unheal!!!
    Show

Attack 1: (1d20+10)[29]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[8]

Attack 2: (1d20+5)[18]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[8]

14. - Top - End - #1484

R6T13: Vasik growls "Eat all monkeys," before rushing around to the other side of the black pool where the monkey caster is. He steadies himself, and attempts to sweep the monkey caster into the black muck with his tail, but the priest-monkey lowers himself on all fours as the tail whisks by, clipping part of the stones on the wall.

R6T12: Red charau-ka repositions and throws a rock vaguely in Gruelop's direction.

R6T11: Lalarlia will seeks to undo the healing she did on Red and fires at him, hitting him(?) twice for 16.

R6T10: Raogru steps a little away from the wooden walkway and towards Vasik and smiles, almost as if the massive megaraptor is right where he wants it. Raogru lets loose with a shriek, much the same way as his kinsmen have, whipping himself up into a frenzy. With two hands on his mace and putting every ounce of power he can, he attacks Vasikcharder with abandon. The first hits Vasik for 28 mod, the second for 24 mod, a third for 23 mod, and finally a bite for 9 mod after Vasikcharder has already fallen.

R6T6: Gruelop double moves towards the only charau-ka it sees at the time that it can get to(wards).

End Round 6, Begin Round 7 ...

R7T14:
    That same one goes SW, jumps onto the wall, at the corner jumps onto the center rock in the black pool, and then throws a rock at Lalarlia. It hits hard against Lalarlia's armor, but doesn't penetrate.

R7T13: Vasikcharder, you are unconscious and dying. What do you do?

Show

15. - Top - End - #1485

Vasikcharder, collapsing at the monkey casters feet, thinking "That does not seem right...3 mace attacks and he bit me!"
    Spoiler: Huh!
    Show
    Autohypnosis to stabilize: (1d20+13)[31]

16. - Top - End - #1486

R7T13: Vasikcharder, collapsing at the monkey casters feet, blacks out while thinking, "That does not seem right...3 mace attacks and he bit me!"
    Spoiler: Vasikcharder
    Show
    You stabilize with the power of your mind over your body!

R7T12: Red charaul-ka rushes down the statue at blinding speed and zooms up to Lalarlia and tries to push Lalarlia into the blackened mire but fails.

R7T11: Lalarlia, what do you do?

Raogru on deck, Gruelop in the hole ...
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1487
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Lalarlia will step to the fallen dino (I know this provokes an AOO) and reach out and touch Vader and murmur a quick prayer to her Goddess.

Spoiler: Down the Rabbit Hole
    Show

Lay on Hands: (3d6)[11]

18. - Top - End - #1488

R7T11: Lalarlia steps to the fallen dino, deftly dodging the charau-ka's club. She reaches out and touches Vasikcharder, murmuring a quick prayer to her Goddess for 11 healing. This exhausts her of her healing hands for the day, but the brief upside is that Vasikcharder now stirs, awakening.

R7T10: Raogru, still shrieking wildly, ignores the critically injured dino to begin racing around through the thick vegetation to get to the one that is really going to make this a longer day than necessary if he doesn't put her down. Vasikcharder snaps at him as he moves around, but with being prone and everything else in the way, he misses .... and while shrieking this cleric moves through difficult terrain far faster than expected. He doesn't move through like Vasik - for whome the plants practically part to allow passage - but like anyone who has to work hard through vegetation, but at incredible speed. Getting to Lalarlia, he swings his heavy mace with abandon, only for her armor to deflect the blow.

R7T6: Gruelop tries to follow his former quarry around, only to see he can't go the same way, and then begins doubling back, going cautiously where the thin boundary between both pools of black goop lay.

End Round 7, Begin Round 8 ...

R8T14:
    Green throws a rock at Lalarlia, which bounces.

R8T13: Vasikcharder, you are prone and barely alive. A hair above disabled. Trying to stand will surely bring the evil cleric's mace down to crush your head. Your ever-changing boy surges and your muscles grow stronger, but perhaps too little too late now. What do you do?

Last edited by lostsole31; 2020-11-06 at 02:21 AM.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1489

The Groggy dinosaur stands, fully intending to "Sidestep" if an attack comes his way, while doing so. then Manifesting "Force Shield", again "Sidestep" if needed. "Gruelop flank." Growls the megaraptor

20. - Top - End - #1490

R8T13: The Groggy dinosaur stands, using his psionic power to avoid the incoming attack from the priest. Hoping that the priest isn't able to take advantage of multiple split-second opportunities, Vasikcharder manifests force shield about him, a brief field shimmering about him before disappearing. "Gruelop, flank," growls the megaraptor.

R8T12: Red charau-ka approaches Lalarlia and swings his club at her.

R8T11: Lalarlia, what do you do?

Raogru on deck, Gruelop in the hole ...
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1491
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Lalarlia will take a 5' step to the east and lay out two shots at red from her bow.

Spoiler: Red Redemption
    Show

Attack 1: (1d20+10)[24]

Attack 2: (1d20+5)[21]
    Dmg: (1d6+2)[6]

22. - Top - End - #1492

R8T11: Lalarlia realizes the overgrown vegetation will keep her from moving easily. So, while not an acrobat and while wearing armor she still calls upon her elven speed. Even weighed down she does surprise the smaller charau-ka, but not the cleric as his mace hits her with a crit to the back for 37, very likely fracturing vertebrae. Her greater stunning barrier sends a concussive shock to Raogru, who resists it. Lalarlia then stumbles into position and then shoots at her original target, breathing heavily with blood in her mouth, but now it is the lesser opponent who gets his own AOO that hits Lalarlia in her left shoulder for only 4, but that is still enough to drop the Calistrian. Even though she falls, another stunning burst is sent out, and this one does seem to stun the charau-ka as he drops his club.

R8T10: Raogru is still shrieking and moving at incredible speeds, even if he isn't traveling. He swings his club at Vasikcharder, who uses sidestep again to duck out of the way psionically. But even then Raogru comes in with greater force on his second attempt to strike Vasikcharder in the head for 28 mod, which is enough to cave in the megaraptor's head and kill him outright.

R8T6: Gruelop double moves through thick vegetation to flank as was his dying master's last command.

End Round 8, Begin Round 9 ...

R9T14:
    Green steps up and around, and then pushes Lalarlia into the bubbling tar. Even if she were to stabilize, she would be killed by heat before she'd have a chance to suffocate (or stabilize).

R9T11: Red charau-ka recovers from being stunned, and then sees a juvenile T-rex right behind it. He staggers from exhaustion after his own shrieking fit.

R9T10: Raogru's shrieking likewise ends, and he is also temporarily winded. He casts charm animal on Gruelop ... and Gruelop is now charmed and in the priest's power.

Combat Ends .... TPK ...
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2020-11-10 at 08:37 AM.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1493

OOC: Unfortunate, but perfect timing as we would have had to have made a new thread once this got to 1500 posts, as the mods don't like to see more than 50 posts to a game.

This thread is now officially closed. You may save it in your archives if you would like, but please don't post in here. We can Discord/ PM regarding what to do next.
    Show