New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 223738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1493
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Serpent's Skull I, Smuggler's Shiv

Vasikcharder will move to assist Gruelop, with the understanding that Lalarlia should be able to end her target shortly. the whole time keeping a weary eye on the blob, after the attack he will turn to Lalarlia, and try to convay a questionable look to the blobby thing.

Spoiler: One more tasty treat!
    Show
    charging, without Power Attacking
    * 2 Talons: (1d20+10)[23], damage (2d6+7)[16], (1d20+10)[24], damage (2d6+7)[17]* Bite: (1d20+10)[28], damage (1d8+7)[9]
    * Foreclaws: (1d20+8)[20], damage (2d6+4)[11]

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Colossus in the Playground

R5T20: Vasikcharder will move to assist Gruelop, with the understanding that Lalarlia should be able to end her target shortly, the whole time keeping a wary eye on the blob. He completely destroys the charau-ka. After the attack he turns to Lalarlia, looks to the blobby thing, then back to Lalarlia, and tilts his megaraptor head quizzically.

R5T19: Gruelop delays, waiting for the next command...

R5T18: What does Lalarlia do, including the spiritual weapon? [Note, the spiritual weapon - unless you move it - attacks before you do.]

Last charau-ka on deck, blobby thing in the hole ...
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    bcool999: On hiatus through 17APR2024.

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Lalarlia will attack the remaining charau-ka. "Unless that thing directly attacks us, let's leave it be."

Spoiler: It's a barrel full of mon... Never mind...
    Show

SP Attack 1: (1d20+8)[21]
    Dmg: (1d8+2)[6]

SP Attack 2: (1d20+3)[13]
    Dmg: (1d8+2)[8]

Bow attack 1: (1d20+10)[24]
    Dmg: (1d6+2)[8]

Bow attack 2: (1d20+5)[25]
    Dmg: (1d6+2)[4]

Can I have a Mountain Dew? Where are the Cheetos?

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

4. - Top - End - #1384

R5T18: While Lalarlia attacks the remaining charau-ka, she calls out, "Unless that thing directly attacks us, let's leave it be."

A force-whip snaps the charau-ka for 6 force, but only brushes against its hide on the second strike. Meanwhile, she shoots it in the upper right arm for 8, and then her follow-up attack is a fine shot to go into the charau-ka's left femoral artery for 8, dropping the charau-ka.

End Round 5, Begin Round 6 ...

R6T21:
    The blobby thing uses its tentacles to grab some of the pieces of the charau-ka that Vasikcharder obliterated on his first charge, and then moves up to the next charau-ka that had fallen.

R6T20: Vasikcharder, what do you do? Your scales continue to feel dichotomously harder, and yet just as malleable as before.

Gruelop delaying, Lalarlia on deck ...
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2020-05-29 at 04:45 AM.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

5. - Top - End - #1385

Vasik Growls to Gruelop <regroup with small lady> , moves back to Lalarlia to her side, then whispers in her ear "That thing may feed, then grow, I am not liking it, it is a abomination to nature!"

6. - Top - End - #1386

Lalarlia, what do you do?
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Lalarlia looks at Vasik and replies, "Some may see you as an abomination of nature. Does that mean they should kill you? I say we leave it be as it seems to be a carrion feeder." and she turns to continue on their way.

"Are you in need of more healing?"

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

8. - Top - End - #1388

"Your point is taken. I will resist my temptation to slay the carrion eater, for now."

The large megaraptor shivers, he starts to examine himself, physically, and mentally, Looking back at Lalarlia,

"My skin crawls for some reason! and yes, I did take some solid hits, and my body does need mending still. Thank you for your special talents."

9. - Top - End - #1389
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Lalarlia will reach out and touch the lizard man once again.

Spoiler: Mistress Lalarlia, DVM (Doctor of Veterinary Medicine)
    Show

Lay on Hands: (3d6)[12]

10. - Top - End - #1390

"Ah, some of those sore spots are feeling better, again thank you and your mistress. I should be good for a while."

Nodding to the blob thing, Vasik asks

"what next, do we slow back away, and go around, do we toss the bodies to it? if it eats, maybe it will go away after?"

11. - Top - End - #1391
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Lalarlia will think for a moment and then suggest that they try to move around it and continue on.

12. - Top - End - #1392

R6T20: Vasik Growls to Gruelop <regroup with small lady>, then moves back to Lalarlia's side, whispering in her ear. "That thing may feed, then grow, I am not liking it, it is a abomination to nature!"

Of course, this is truly a bizarre and unsettling thing .... that of a megaraptor whispering in Taldane!

R6T19: Gruelop moves over by Lalarlia and Vasikcharder.

R6T18: Lalarlia looks at Vasik and replies, "Some may see you as an abomination of nature. Does that mean they should kill you? I say we leave it be as it seems to be a carrion feeder," and she turns to continue on their way. "Are you in need of more healing?"

End Round 6, Begin Round 7 ...

R7T21:
    The blobby thing settles on the second charau-ka that fell, this time pulling at the body that has much more structure (and meat) intact than the last body that was ripped to pieces.

R7T20: "Your point is taken. I will resist my temptation to slay the carrion eater, for now." The large megaraptor shivers, he starts to examine himself, physically, and mentally. Looking back at Lalarlia, "My skin crawls for some reason! and yes, I did take some solid hits, and my body does need mending still. Thank you for your special talents."

R7T18:
    Lalarlia's spiritual weapon disappears. Lalarlia reaches out and touches the lizard man once again, healing energy going into the dinosaur for 12 healing.

End Round 7, Begin Round 8 ...

R8T21:
    With one downed charau-ka, it then shimmies over to another and picks up another with its tentacles.

R8T20: "Ah, some of those sore spots are feeling better, again thank you and your Mistress. I should be good for a while." Nodding to the blob thing, Vasik asks, "What next? Do we slow back away, and go around? do we toss the bodies to it? if it eats, maybe it will go away after?"

R8T18: Lalarlia will think for a moment and then suggests that they try to move around it and continue on.

End Round 8, Begin Round 9 ...

R9T21:
    With two charau-ka bodies in its multi-tentacular grasp, the blobby thing slowly begins to shuffle back to the well, moving at a more leisurely 10'.

R9T20: Vasikcharder, what do you do?

Lalarlia on deck, Gruelop delaying ...
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1393

The large megaraptor slowly and cautiously heads to the right, and retrieves the downed charau-ka, and attempts to throw it closer to the well, or at least closer to the strange creature, if that goes well enough, will do it with the forth body.

Growls to gruelop to
    <Follow>, then look to Lalarlia, "Ok, lets go!"

14. - Top - End - #1394
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Lalarlia, with one eye on the creature, will follow Vasik and begin to move around the well in the direction the group was headed.

15. - Top - End - #1395

The trio ignore the mini-encampment and the well, go around.

Now, there are two clearly marked trails leading away from the well. One is to the east, and the other is the northwest.

Lalarlia, which way do you take?
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Lalarlia looks to the sky for a moment and then motions to the East.

17. - Top - End - #1397

As the group heads east, a large tarpit begins to parallel them to the north. After only a little more than 200', the trail ends at a rocky outcropping with a lot of feces and bones thrown about.
    Spoiler: Discord Map
    Show
    See the map on Discord for what you've explored in Tazion thus far. You are currently at S2.

What now?
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1398
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Right. Reverse course and head back the other direction.

19. - Top - End - #1399

You get back to the well. You don't see the blobby anymore, but you do see a thick blood-and-viscera trail going to the well.

You have three directions, unless you head randomly into the trees.
    1) South, which is the way you came to get into Tazion.
    2) West
    3) Northwest

Which way do you go?
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1400
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Since the thing is gone, Lalarlia will give the campsite a quick look before indicating they should head to the northwest.

21. - Top - End - #1401

There is nothing you would lower yourself to ever use for salvage, and it is sized for a foul, Small-sized poop-rolling race like the charau-ka, anyway.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1402
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Fair enough. Onward to the NW!

23. - Top - End - #1403

The clearly marked trail (stone markers, as with the other main trails, not counting the smaller game trail from the hole in the wall of Tazion, i.e., the way you entered) to the northwest is followed for about 150' before Vasikcharder (only), sees a horde of charau-ka on the larger rocks ~60' away. They definitely see the party.

Surprise Round ...

S18:
    A charu-ka on the rocks shrieks and throws a rock at Lalarlia, missing.

S16-7: The other charau-ka all toss rocks at the party from 60' away, with two rocks bouncing off of Vasikcharder's hide and Lalarlia's armor.

S5: Vasikcharder, this is a surprise round with the normal restrictions. The charau-ka are about 60' up the path from you, and on rocky outcroppings that are about 10' off the ground. What do youdo?

A charau-ka on deck, Lalarlia in the hole ...
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1404
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Lalarlia will take aim at the nearest creature and let fly with her bow...

Spoiler: Damned flying monkeys...
    Show

Attack 1: (1d20+10)[27]
    Dmg: (1d6+2)[3]

Attack 2: [roll1d20+5[/roll]
    Dmg: (1d6+2)[3]

25. - Top - End - #1405

"I would suggest pulling back a bit!" the megaraptor says, then growls to Gruelop <pull back>.

Spoiler: Pulling back
    Show
    backing his way the way they can in 20', and prepping sickening entangle.

26. - Top - End - #1406

S5: "I would suggest pulling back a bit!" the megaraptor says, then growls to Gruelop <pull back>.

End Surprise Round, Begin Round One ...

R1T18: A charau-ka screeches and speeds off the rock towards the heroes, leading the charge, and gets within 10' of Lalarlia before throwing a rock at her, critting her in the head for 8.

R1T17: Lalarlia, when these little buggers shriek, they seem to have unbelievable speed as this one that is now 10' from you has proven. That rock almost had you fighting for memories, but Calistria protects your mind. What do you do?

Charau-ka on deck and in the hole ...
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Lalarlia will take a 5' step back and ask Calistria to protect her from harm.

Spoiler: Stunning! Simply stunning, dahling!!
    Show

She casts Greater Stunning Barrier.
    https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-s...nning-barrier/

28. - Top - End - #1408

R1T17: Lalarlia takes a 5' step back and asks Calistria to protect her from harm and casts a spell.

R1T16-10: More than half-a-dozen charau-ka shriek and close at incredible speed, but also slowly peeling outwards to get to 10-15' from Lalalarlia. They have moved all this way and thrown a rock, which is terrifying speed. One of the rock-tossers screws up, misses, and the rock bounces off of a tree to come back and hit it in the groin for 5. Amazingly, Calistria has protected her servant fully against the entire volley. One rock almost got through, but none quite do it.

R1T9: Gruelop pulls back to Vasikcharder.

R1T7: A straggler, the last one on the rock, bolts forward like the others, and throws a rock at Lalarlia. Like the others, it misses. It is truly an impressive sight to Vasikcharder.

R1T5: Vasikcharder, what do you do? You can charge diagonally one side into the line of monkey-men or the other (to clear Lalarlia), which is 20' from you. Also, your scales seem to harden and your hide thicken.

1 charau-ka on deck, Lalarlia in the hole ...
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1409
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

For now, Lalarlia will continue with her bow as she takes aim at the closest foe.

Spoiler: Shoot.
    Show

Attack 1: (1d20+10)[14]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[3]

Attack 2: (1d20+5)[20]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[7]

30. - Top - End - #1410

<Go Right> Vasik Growls as charges left.

Spoiler: Bowling with monkeys!
    Show
    Charge left, if possible, positioning between 2 monkey man, and dividing the attacks thus, talon attacks to one, while biting and claws to another, if not, full attack.

Power attacking:
    Spoiler: Bowling with monkeys!
    Show

* 2 Talons: (1d20+8)[13], damage (2d6+11)[17], (1d20+8)[20], damage (2d6+11)[20]
    * Bite: (1d20+8)[18], damage (1d8+11)[14]
    * Foreclaws: (1d20+6)[17], damage (2d6+6)[16]