New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1493
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Default Re: Serpent's Skull I, Smuggler's Shiv

Lalarlia will embrace the ceremony and her totem fully.
    Can I have a Mountain Dew? Where are the Cheetos?

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Colossus in the Playground

Jask, Lalarlia, Stephan, & Harsk fully embraced the totem. They each have wild and hard-to-remember dreams concerning the deep visionary things they have individually experienced, and wake up the next day.

Lalarlia doesn't look different, but feels inexplicably different, with that same word - "Therania" - a word that means "Bright Shine," on her lips.

Jask, and Stephan are drastically different looking, however. Jask is an anthropomorphic raptor that combines the features of owl and eagle. Stephan is LARGE, and looks like a humanoid elephant. His armor resized mystically during the ceremony, but nothing else did - not even his special sword.

As Lalarlia is coming to, Alala wakes you up, and you realize from your foggy head that she is the source of your waking.

Alala looks to the four of you, "A neighbor of ours has been stopped by your soldiers. He avoided our hut while Zakkiya had us controlled, but it only took two days for him to sense the shift in the area, that nature is given its due course again."

What does Lalarlia do?
    04MAY2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Mythic Realms (2013, Bruck, Buhlman, et. al.).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.
    bcool999: 03-07 JUN 2024.

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Lalarlia greets Alala amicably and rises asking her to send word to the LT. When she sees the individual she will observe him from afar for a few minutes.

Spoiler: Distance Learning
    Show
    she uses her Detect Charm ability to observe him.

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

4. - Top - End - #1264

The "man" standing outside does not appear to be charmed.

Vasikcharder, describe yourself!
    04MAY2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Mythic Realms (2013, Bruck, Buhlman, et. al.).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Halfling in the Playground

The "man" is a tall slender reptilian humanoid, but well defined, and musculer, shades of muted greens, mat browns, and an occasional golden scales cover him. Bright and cunning yellow eyes crested with short spikes, and a slight ridge of dorsal spines extend down his back to the tail.

Jewelry made of all sorts of teeth, bones and exotic woods, of various size and shapes adorn the neck and forearms, wearing little, if not crude and rudimentary garb that seems tribal in nature, Small scrape of fabric loosely tied about it's neck, shoulder pads with teeth imbedded into sturdy leather, wide bandolier harness over both shoulders coming to a belt with a few holders, and a loin cloth made from some type of mossy fibrous material. A satchel that is made from some waterproof material, another separate pouch made of course fur slung about this creatures hips, and a few ornate rings on his fingers.

He has a tattoo of a unknown Saurian reptile on the very low part of his back where his tail meets his torso.

In a deep throaty hiss"Greetingsssss, from the Ss'vikness tribe."

6. - Top - End - #1266

A dwarf nearby ...

.... calls out to Vasikcharder. "Hey, what is that? A tattoo of a kentrosaurus on your back?"

The dwarf stands 4'5", and probably weighs a dozen pounds shy of an even 200, but made lean and strong, not as fireplug-like as some of the dwarves Vasik' saw when Airas Elran came a-calling on his tribe. Based on his light blonde hair and sapphire blue eyes, Vasikcharder figures that this dwarf came from the mountainous region of a much colder climate than here. Of course, Vasikcharder, you have no idea what that word is that he just said.

This dwarf is outfitted in studded leather armor, and has a damaged battleaxe hanging from one side, and a heavy crossbow in his hand (loaded, but not aimed at you).

"Man, that's cool. Me? I got a cat on my chest." He shrugs. "Not a dinosaur, or a hawk, or an elephant, or something cool. Nah, a cat. Oh, well. From drinking tea to not braiding my beard, I guess I've always been atypical of my folk."

A honey badger pokes out from behind his legs, looking at the lizardfolk.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1267

"Greetings, I am Vasikcharder of the Ss'vikness Tribe, I was sent to you, by my dreams, the stars, and scaly creatures that talk to me, I am to act as guide, but I will be a foreigner as well, for this is not my home land, Ss'vikness land found south of this spot, and is more wet and more tangled than here!" the lizard folk bluntly states, bobbing his spiked head, turning is back to whom ever, and showing the tattoo...
    "I am unsure what my colored spot is, for I have not seen the like in my land, but I would like to see it, is it a mighty beast?" as the reptilion creatures throat puffs and vibrates

"I wish not to alarm you or those you call compainions, i have a scaly compainion with me as well, his name is Gruelop, we shall meet him soon, when it is convenient, it may be best if I am with those i am to travel with, to get your scents, and recognize you as not meat." ​Vasikcharder bows at those words.

8. - Top - End - #1268
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Lalarlia bows in return saying "Welcome Vasikcharder. I am Mistress Lalarlia. Servent to the Goddess Calistria and Staff Sergeant of the Sum of All Fears squad."

Relatively average height for an elven female (5' 10"), and 140 lbs, yet Larlalia is quite muscular. Her light green hair tells of her homeland in the forests of Kyonin on Avistan, however her startlingly purple eyes can be quite off putting. Wearing Sargavan breastplate, buckler and a scimitar she is attractive but not overly so. Also noted is a whip coiled at her waist, a dagger hangs opposite, an amulet at her throat and, a wooden symbol dangles from her neck. Presumably the symbol of her Goddess. She bears the mark of a horse with many stripes upon her. (Somewhere... Never discussed)

9. - Top - End - #1269

There is a change in the lighting conditions, even though you are outside. When you look to see if it is a cloud, you realize that a Large creature just walked into view. The elephantine humanoid is fully thirteen feet tall, and weighing in somewhere well above 3/4 of a ton. Though hideous for the total divorce from humanity, yet there is something truly majestic about this anthro-elephant. Lalarlia is a bit stunned, but notices that the tabard over the metal breastplate if that of LT(jg) Stephan Brauer's coat-of-arms .... a patch of green at upper right and lower sinister, crossed by a wavy field of white going from upper sinister to lower right, with two red crescent moons smiling towards the upper right. The elephant head does have a full-size trunk, but has smaller tusks.

Lallarlia, everything this elephant-man has is what Stephan had, though only the tabard and mithral breastplate is Large size.

Lalarlia and Vasikcharder, neither of you have ever even heard of such a creature. What do you do?
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1270
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Lalarlia will jump back, her hand going to her sword before she looks more closely at the breastplate... "Lt? Is... That... You?"

11. - Top - End - #1271

"Is this a companion?" Vasikcharder asks "Or creature to defend from? It will feed plenty of hungry Ss'vikness mouths if it is defeated."

Vasikcharder will move to stand behind and off to the side of Lalarlia, manifesting inertial armor.
    Last edited by Robert821; 2019-09-08 at 07:05 AM.

12. - Top - End - #1272

With a powerful tenor voice he nods to the elven woman, "Staff Sergeant Lalarlia, I take it this is the local that the sisters told me would be joining the vanguard?"

Lalarlia notes that as a man, Stephan had a baritone voice, but though his voice is higher in pitch, it is far richer and more resonant in timbre.

The elephantine man looks down to the lizardman. "I do not doubt your bravery, Vasikcharder of the Ss'vikness, and in fact we shall call upon it soon enough when we get to Tazion, no doubt," and here he gives a nod - enough of a continuing drop in the head so it doesn't look like he is just looking down on the lizardfolk - and brings his head up to level, but with eyes cast down to him. "But to seek your mettle against me would do none any good, least of all the Ss'vikness for the loss of their man."
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1273
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

"Vasikcharder, may I introduce Lieutenant, junior grade Stephan Brauer. Commanding Officer of Sum of All Fears."

14. - Top - End - #1274

"Greetings from the Ss'vikness Tribe."Growled Vasikcharder "I was merely responding to a potental treat, and was ready to defend, if it needed. I have no quams with those that I was guided to."

Vasikcharder looks around, thoughts in his eyes...

"Who is this tribes chieftian? I know not what a leutinant's position is? Again, I will try to guide this tribe throught what comes to past, the land has asked of me." the briefest of pauses, then "Does this tribe leave at the suns rise? or does tribe need to plan for near future? and gathering of foods and goods?

15. - Top - End - #1275

The elephantine man looks down at the walking lizard before him, "I am my company's ranking member, if that is your question. We are the vanguard for a much larger force, representing the lawful rule of Sargava. There are other factions who likewise wish to stake a claim at Tazion, our destination. We are in a race against several other factions. We actually have the materials we need, and yesterday was our rest-day. We need to gather the others."

He looks to Lalarlia, "Sergeant, connect with the warrant and get the men ready."

Looking back to the newcomer. "No doubt you seek some manner of compensation, unless this is some sort of vision-quest for you. What are you asking for?"
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1276

"Compensation...or as we say debt owed...as I see it, the winds and voices have sent me here, I can only believe it was not by convince, but out of necessity. you are in a race of time, to a neighboring community, which, if you claim land, we, the Ss'vikness Tribe, and you and your clan or tribe as we see it, would be, or could be neighboring allies?"

Vasikcharder pauses, then begins again

"The winds blow favorable in your direction, are you not the sweeter flower, than the black rock of the Chelixians, or the slave runners of the islands, no, I was sent here to make a bond. More than that, if you would like to bestow my tribe with favor, the tribe requires little, save, good faith, and good neighboring tribes later on."

Looking back the way he can, Vasikcharder, sniff the air, then turning back to the gather party.

" I shall meet you all out side the compound, where you will meet Gruelop, and we can race the wind!"

the lizardman turns and heads out the door.

17. - Top - End - #1277

As Vasoline-Chamomile heads to the northern end of the game trail, just out of sight to meet Gristlepops (or whatever it was), SSGT Lalarlia goes to fetch CWO2 Derindi, and this is what he finds in his tent (after politely knocking, and being beckoned in...) ....

Show

18. - Top - End - #1278
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Lalarlia, recalling the change that happened to the Lt, only reacts slightly to the sight. ummm Chief? The Lt wants you to join us outside...

19. - Top - End - #1279

The bird head looks at you, and a nictitating membrane opens and closes quickly as he looks at you. In a voice that is only vaguely reminiscent of Jask's own - same in cadence and general treatment, but with the understanding that his physiology is different and his voice is now higher - he nods. "Thank you, Sarge. I apologize. I had to think about what happened to me. This will be .... quite an adjustment. You don't seem surprised?"
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1280
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

"Well, let us just say that, you are not the only one to have undergone a change... Plus, I sense we have picked up another pathetic life form. You'll see when you join us." She looks him over one more time attempting to assess the new form before turning to go.

21. - Top - End - #1281

Lalarlia tries to assess what she sees (aka, Knowledge check), but it seems outside of her realm of expertise.

What now?
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1282
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Lalarlia will make the rounds of the camp and rousing the men (note: not Arousing the men) to pack for travel..

23. - Top - End - #1283

The men gather with Lalarlia and then are absolutely shocked to see the great elephant-man before them. With his speaking skill and demeanor, somehow Stephan reassures the men that Iomedae will protect them with his greater bulk and bring glory to Sargava.

When Jask comes out as a bird-man, however, he speaks but is less well-received. The men don't outwardly say much, but it is clear that they hold the New Warrant Officer (2nd Class) Jask Derindi in great suspicion. The Tempest, on the other hand, is nonplussed to either, and even amused.

LT(jg) Brauer thanks the sisters for their hospitality, and they in turn thank the party for freeing them from the succubus' influence. The CO then informs the party that a local humanoid - a lizardfolk by the name of Vasikcharder - has been hired to go with the party to Tazion.

The party moves out, and then Vasikcharder is met .... along with something else.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1284
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Lalarlia smiles inwardly at the men’s reactions... Extra counselling for tonight, she’s sure.

25. - Top - End - #1285

Upon seeing the troop approach, the lizardman waiting by the wood line outside the compound, beckoning them forward. Now the crew has clustered about, Vasikcharder moves to each figure, dipping his head slightly to each, sniffing, and flicking his tongue, then brushing his hand down each persons arm, unless they abject, for which, Vasikchared replies

"Suit yourself, it would be wise if I do this..."

Then moves on to each. After, the lizardman makes a noise mixed between a growl and a bark...

The trees, and brush line shivers and shakes, then parts, emerging from the woods is a 8' tall reptilian creature, up right on 2 powerful legs, small arms, a overly big squared head with 3" long teeth, in a large mouth, and a long muscled tail. Green, yellow and molted brown scales cover the body, with a small spines on the eye crests.

The beast rushes to the lizardman's side, pushes it's nose against Vasikcharder, Vasik then beckons the large reptile to move about the gathered party, stopping at each member, to let the creature nuzzle where the lizardman laid his hands upon each persons. As Vasik and the companion approaches the large elephantine man, Vasikcharder nods to the leitenant.

"Soon, he will be as big as you, he will be going through his narduw soon, and be able to breed, but there is still some training to do, I am training him as a mount, and battle companion."

Stepping back, withdrawing the monstrosity.

"You have all met Gruelop! you should not fear him or his appetite, we shall hunt and gather meats as the sun rides the sky, as we journey. pausing, and looking back at the large elephantian figure "We are ready to hunt for your new tribes land."

Last edited by Robert821; 2019-10-09 at 03:38 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1286

12 Kuthona 4710 AR
    (Sunday, and First Day of Winter Week Festival)

Now that the party has been introduced, Vasikcharder finds that this strange collection of mostly pinkskins (and some brownskins) have their own animals .... mules, a riding spider, and even a badger that the company sniper (named Harsk) has as his animal-brother.

The vanguard with their new local help head out. It is Sunday on the civilized calendar, but enough prayers and funerary things occurred yesterday that Sunday's day of rest has been spent, and the vanguard is in danger of losing time if they don't head out now. As they travel, CWO2 Derindi gets the men to talk about Winter Week memories.

For those not from civilized lands (and unfamiliar players) ... Winter Week takes place on the second week of Kuthona, the last month of the year, from Sunday to Starday. It is a traditional feast that is a time for courting and spending time with friends.

The Spirit Dancers is also the last time the party sees the river. The river hooked to the east, but now the group must head almost due west (well, WNW) the final hundred miles across arid, dusty hills to their destination of Tazion. Normally, such a trip would take upwards of nine days, but The Tempest figures that since most of those who underwent the totem spirit trance have awakened their totems, that the trip might take a little less as the totem animals guide their mortal bearers intuitively along the land.

In addition, Vasikcharder will see a horse appear from .... somewhere else ... and serve the female pinkskinned, pointy-ear (Staff Sergeant Lalarlia, SSGT, and sometimes just called "Sarge") now that the vanguard is out of the jungle. Vasikcharder has never seen so fast a beast in his entire life. For her part, Lalarlia and Caelela enjoy a communion long overdue from their separation as she wisely kept Caelela from being brought out in the jungles, and the LT is just fine with Lalarlia acting as a "long range scout" so that both mount and rider can get their wiggles out.

The group ends the full day of travel (including penetrating time in sun) without any delay or attacks. Camp is set.

That evening, Vasikcharder is asked to come to Mr. Brauer's tent, where he also meets The Tempest, who was their guide on the first part of the trip. [Possible Interactive Thread, if you want.] If nothing else, it will be a chance for the three holy servants to talk about their various skills in shapeshifting. They will remove to outside the tent, where Vasik' can show (if he wants), what he can do. The Tempest doesn't fully change shape, but rather he can take on various aspects of .... much to Vasik's surprise ... insects and other creepy-crawlies. The stuffy elephant man is able to truly surprise, though, as he can take on a human form - showing you what he used to look like. He can take on a variety of humanoid forms, even perfect imitation (such as looking like Vasikcharder), animals from the size of a badger to that of a Large megafauna like Vasikcharder. He can even turn into purified forms of elements - air, earth, fire, or water - though these are much smaller forms.

And for all that, he can't actually turn into the elephant he now resembles.

Harsk does combat training with his badger, Biter. The warrant is sequestered. Lalarlia will provide "aid and spiritual counseling" to Corporal (CPL) Aeduin Ardizzone.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1287

13 Kuthona 4710 AR
    (Moonday, Second Day of Winter Week Festival)

The vanguard travels through the day without incident. In the late afternoon as the group is just coming to a stopping point, a lone female cheetah snarls, stopping progress as Harsk holds up his hand for the group. The cheetah does not immediately attack, but bares its fangs and yowls as a challenge.

What do the PCs do, or request of an NPC?
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1288
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Lalarlia will mount Caelela drawing her scimitar but will otherwise wait for orders...

29. - Top - End - #1289

LT Brauer looks to Vasikcharder. "You wilderness shaman types are good at calming wild animals. Can you help? Otherwise, I gotta have Harsk try, and he's not the most personable fellow - not that that should matter, but - I am sure that somehow translates."
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1290

"Small things have not blessed me with their thoughts, I am unable to sooth it, but feel the grassy expanse wishes to talk to us." Vasikcharder responds, all the while manifesting his "Bite of the wolf" as a standard, and "Claws of the beast" using 2 PP for a 1D6 as a swift.

Musing more to himself, Vasikcharder mutters "Next time i will ready a friendly furry magic..."
    ​Then growls a command to Gruelop, to ready.