New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2338394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1493
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Serpent's Skull I, Smuggler's Shiv

R1T5: <Go Right> Vasik Growls as charges left. Luckily, the force of the charge just manages to get that first talon in, which helps the others follow. He drops kills two charau-ka in his charge!

End Round One, Begin Round 2 ...

R2T18:
    A charau-ka steps up and throws a rock at Lalarlia, which is deflected.

R2T17: For now, Lalarlia will continue with her bow as she takes aim at the closest foe - the one that stepped to 10' - and fires. The thing seems rabidly fast as the first arrow scores its hide but the second arrow strikes true in its belly for 7.

R2T16-11: The rest of the charau-ka attack. Two get to w/in 10' of Lalarlia and throw rocks. Two were 10' from Vasikcharder and just step up and whack at him with clubs. Another close to w/in 10' of Gruelop and throw rocks.

R2T9: Gruelop stands confused, not understanding its last command, so takes total defense.

R2T5: Vasikcharder, be careful of non-concrete subjects and commands, even with speak with animals (reptiles). Right and left is surprisingly complex, as many adult humans can tell you. And "go" is more of a move/ leave. Speaking with animals gives them a capacity for parlance, true, but still has to be handled carefully. Meanwhile, as you mangle two of these creatures and two more face you, you feel even stronger than you've ever felt before! What do you do?

1 charau-ka on deck, Lalarlia in the hole ...
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Halfling in the Playground

<Gruelop slay monkeys, feast later>

The large mageraptor will again divide his attacks between the two charau-ka beating him with clubs, the first one will be leaped upon, with talons diving for his torso, while the other will feel the claws and then the bite.

Spoiler: Just stand there!
    Show
    Power Attack, then ...* 2 Talons: (1d20+9)[19], damage (2d6+12)[22], (1d20+9)[14], damage (2d6+12)[20]
    * Bite: (1d20+9)[22], damage (1d8+12)[14]
    * Foreclaws: (1d20+7)[21], damage (2d6+6)[14]

Last edited by Robert821; 2020-06-16 at 08:45 AM.

3. - Top - End - #1413

R2T5: <Gruelop slay monkeys, feast later> The large megaraptor will again divide his attacks between the two charau-ka beating him with clubs, the first one will be leaped upon, with talons diving for his torso, while the other will feel the claws and then the bite. The first one gets taloned for 22, but the second talon only takes some fur. It seems when they are in shrieking frenzy they are particularly fast and nimble. The second charau-ka is not so lucky, being bitten and slashed by foreclaws for 28 total.

End Round 2, Begin Round 3 ...

R3T18:
    One of three charau-ka 10' from Lalarlia throws a rock at her.

R3T17: Lalarlia, what do you do?

Large group of charau-ka on deck and in the hole ...
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Lalarlia will take aim at the one who just threw the rock and fire.

Spoiler: Damn dirty ape!
    Show

Attack 1: (1d20+10)[29]

Damage: (1d6+2)[5]

Attack 2: (1d20+5)[22]

Damage: (1d6+2)[3]

Last edited by BuckGodot; 2020-06-20 at 04:49 PM.
    Can I have a Mountain Dew? Where are the Cheetos?

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

5. - Top - End - #1415

R3T17: Lalarlia will take aim at the one who just threw the rock and fire. She hits her target once in each shoulder for 8 total.

R3T16-11: The "mini-horde" attacks. Four rocks come at Lalarlia, and one comes in hard enough that Lalarlia - worry about denting her armor - jumps up only to have her groin crit for 11. Two very badly wounded charau-ka are way too jacked to back off and swing clubs at Vasikcharder, but the dino dodges three times and a little club actually hits him for a mere 1 mod, as Vasikcharder feels his thick hide even more protected in a strange way than before! Two charau-ka pull back a few feet and toss rocks at Gruelop; one hits for a mere 4, and the other crits for 6.

R3T9: Gruelop charges the monkey-men attacking him, biting one for 5.

R3T5: Vasikcharder, what do you do?

Charau-ka on deck, Lalarlia in the hole ...
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2020-06-22 at 09:10 PM.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Lalarlia will continue to attack for the moment. Attacking the wounded ones and if dropping one, moving to the next wounded.

Spoiler: Swatting flies...
    Show

Attack 1: (1d20+10)[22]

Attack 2: (1d20+5)[17]

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

7. - Top - End - #1417

Vasik will continue his gore-fest, and again divide his attacks between the two charau-ka swinging at him.

Spoiler: Gore-fest
    Show
    Not power attacking, talons attacks to one, bite and claws to the other.
    Spoiler: Gore-fest
    Show
    * 2 Talons: (1d20+11)[24], damage (2d6+8)[12], (1d20+11)[18], damage (2d6+8)[12]* Bite: (1d20+11)[14], damage (1d8+8)[9]
    * Foreclaws: (1d20+9)[16], damage (2d6+4)[12]

8. - Top - End - #1418

R3T5: Vasik continues his gore-fest, and again divides his attacks between the two charau-ka swinging at him. Though his bite doesn't quite connect, his attacks still obliterate the charau-ka.

End Round 3, Begin Round 4 ...

R4T18:
    Of the three throwing rocks at Lalarlia, the one she has been shooting loses steam and is no longer moving as quickly, even seeming tired and its aim is wildly off.

R4T17: Lalarlia, what do you do?

Several charau-ka on deck and in the hole ...
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Lalarlia will keep her attacks going on the most wounded looking beasts.

Spoiler: Clap back...
    Show

Attack 1: (1d20+10)[11]

Dmg: (1d6+2)[5]

Attack: (1d20+5)[7]

Dmg: (1d6+2)[3]

10. - Top - End - #1420

R4T17: Lalarlia keeps her attacks going on the most wounded looking beasts. Unfortunately, the chaos of the battle is getting to her, very possibly, and she has misjudged the distance and shoots wildly on both shots, and that distance confusion is still throwing her off.

R4T16-11: All of the other charau-ka follow suit like the first one. Namely, that their hyperactive shrieking frenzy comes to a halt, their super-reflexes diminish, and they seem winded. Still, they attack Lalarlia and Gruelop. Two rocks hit Gruelop for 12 total.

R4T9: Gruelop recovers hits footing, and then steps forward against his attackers, biting one for 5.

R4T5: Vasikcharder, what do you do? Your legs feel powerful, more than before, but you only have a clear line of charge to one charau-ka that Lalarlia has been having a firefight with. What do you do?

Charau-ka on deck, Lalarlia in the hole ...
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1421

Growling from Vasikcharder to Gruelop <Are you healthy friend?>

Vasik will attempt to Overrun the first Charau-ka, to place himself in their midst, While in Taldan, "Assist Gruelop, please."

Spoiler: Getting Jiggy with it!
    Show
    Attempting a Overrun, charging through the first Charau-ka, and hoping to place myself in their midst(1d20+12)[15]

12. - Top - End - #1422

R4T5: Growling from Vasikcharder to Gruelop <Are you healthy friend?>

Vasik will attempts to overrun the first charau-ka, and this the first time he's done anything like this, as he closes, the monkey-man actually leaps at the lowered head used to bowl him over and the Small charau-ka crits the Large megaraptor, biting him in the head for 2 mod + 1 INT damage + (
    1 bleed). Still, the megaraptor knocks the charau-ka over and turns around while in Taldan, "Assist Gruelop, please."

End Round 4, Begin Round 5 ...

R5T18:
    The charau-ka that was just knocked down tries to stand and Vasikcharder botches the counter with his talons, the little guy almost tripping him as a result. The charau-ka now on its feet, it steps back 5' from Vasikcharder and up to Lalarlia while grabbing its club.

R5T17: Lalarlia, you now have your firefight friend in front of you with a club, even though Vasikcharder the megaraptor spoke to you (which has got to be unsettling) and asked you to assist Gruelop. What do you do?

Multiple charau-ka on deck and in the hole ...
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1423
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Lalarlia will take a 5' step towards Groo and reach out to lay her hands upon him asking her Goddess for healing energies for her ally.

Spoiler: A fray!
    Show

Lay on Hands:

(3d6)[10]

14. - Top - End - #1424

R5T17: Lalarlia will take a 5' step towards Groo and reach out to lay her hands upon him asking her Goddess for healing energies for her ally, giving the young T-Rex 10 healing.

R5T16-11: While no longer full of hyper-speed, nor the obvious let-down, the charau-ka have all recovered from their post-frenzy period. Two of the charau-ka that were to the side and throwing rocks at Lalarlia simply move 5' back and then throw rocks at Vasikcharder - both of which hit (with a minor crit on one) for a total 8 mod. Vasikcharder, by now, is realizing that the rocks should be hurting more than they have been. While it isn't a bad thing, it is curious. Two other charau-ka likewise back up and throw rocks at Gruelop, one of which crits Gruelop in the head for 7 + dazed.

R5T9-5: Gruelop is dazed, loopy from that last rock. Vasikcharder, there are two charau-ka 15' from you, but you do have one threatening you with a club right behind you - the one you bowled over. Meanwhile, your armored scales seem to have gotten thicker. What do you do?

Club-wielding charau-ka on deck, Lalarlia in the hole ...
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1425

Scales, Thicker, Huh...? taking a 5' step closer to the two charau-ka throwing thing, and teaching them, that throwing things is not nice!

Spoiler: That is not nice!
    Show
    taking a 5' step towards the two throwing things, should put me 10' from the one with a club, and 10' from the two throwing, if so, Excellent! My talons will shred the one behind, while I reach for and rend the one to my right as I bite the left, with power attack: Power Attack, then ...* 2 Talons: (1d20+9)[28], damage (2d6+12)[17], (1d20+9)[20], damage (2d6+12)[19]
    * Bite: (1d20+9)[18], damage (1d8+12)[14]
    * Foreclaws: (1d20+7)[17], damage (2d6+6)[11], Hell, I even attempt to slap any who are standing with a tail slap(Not sure if this transitions with wild shape?)

16. - Top - End - #1426

R5T5: Scales, Thicker, Huh...? Vasikcharder questions to himself while taking a 5' step closer to the two charau-ka throwing things, and teaching them that throwing things is not nice! The club-wielder is shredded. He then bites one for 14 and claws another for 11. He wriggles around too frenetically for a tail attack.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Like it says in the weapon block, no other attacks may be used in the same round as a tail attack.

End Round 5, Begin Round 6 ...

R6T17:
    Lalarlia, your sense of distane is still askew. Vasikcharder is sort of shielding the two you were engaging before (while having finally dropped the one you were most focused on). Gruelop seems loopy from that head strike, but is also providing cover from you against the two 10' from him (you would have to take another 5' step back to have one not in cover, or close 15 and draw a weapon if you want to go melee). What do you do?

Charau-ka on deck and in the hole ...
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1427
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Lalalia will ask her Goddess for aid once more and lay her hands upon Droolots.

Spoiler: You get a heal! And you get a heal! And you get a heal! Everybody gets a heal!
    Show

Lay on Hands

(3d6)[8]

18. - Top - End - #1428

R6T17: Lalalia will ask her Goddess for aid once more and lay her hands upon Droolots for 8 healing.

R6T16-11: Two of the charau-ka by Vasikcharder step back a few feet and throw rocks at him (missing wildly). Those by Gruelop have the distance they need and throw rocks at him as well, the rocks pelting off of his hide.

R6T9: Gruelop recovers from being dazed, and charges a charau-ka, biting the more wounded for 8.

R6T5: Vasikcharder, you take 1 BLEED (as well as from last round). As you even question the oddity of your scales getting thicker, they continue to become hardened. What do you do? Your two opponents are 15' from you.

Lalarlia on deck, charau-ka in the hole ...
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1429
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Lalarlia will take a 5'step and aim at the closest monkey man letting loose with a succession of shots hoping to take one down and injure another if she can.

Spoiler: Die, damn you!
    Show

Attack 1: (1d20+10)[20]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[4]

Attack 2: (1d20+5)[16]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[7]

20. - Top - End - #1430

R6T5: Vasikcharder will actually use his distance to help him and concentrate on using his wild shape to adjust slightly to stop the bleeding, and is successful.
    Spoiler: Vasikcharder
    Show
    This is just a way of using "power stunt" to describe how you use the mundane Heal skill in this form to stop bleeding. It is not a new power or effect.

End Round 6, Begin Round 7 ...

R7T17:
    Lalarlia is able to shake her head and no longer misjudges any distance. She takes a 5' step and aims at the closest monkey-man, letting loose with a succession of shots hoping to take one down and injure another if she can. She hits a wounded one facing Vasikcharder twice for 11 total.

R7T16-11: Vasik's two enemies miss badly. Gruelop's prey step back a few feet, and one hits the T-rex for 6.

R7T9: Gruelop recovers from his previous charge, steps forward, and bites the wounded one for 8.

R7T5: Vasikcharder, what do you do? You feel your mind going primeval with this battle!

Show

21. - Top - End - #1431

Vasik move into a more advantageous position to reach all the little stone chucker's, and feeling the need to rend flesh, and devour.

Spoiler: I shall finish this!
    Show
    Moving forward, into a position to attack the few remaining targets, Provoking is I have to, and biting one in the move. Power attacking * Bite: (1d20+9)[26], damage (1d8+12)[18]

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Lalarlia will take aim again at the wounded one and let fly her arrows.

Spoiler: If at first you don't succeed...
    Show

Attack 1: (1d20+10)[19]

Attack 2: (1d20+5)[6]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[4]

23. - Top - End - #1433

R7T5: Vasik move into a more advantageous position to reach all the little stone chucker's, and feeling the need to rend flesh, and devour, killing a charau-ka.

End Round 7, Begin Round 8 ...

R8T17:
    Lalarlia takes aim again at the wounded one and lets fly her arrows. Her first arrows hits the wounded one for 3, but the recoil from the second one (a miss) nearly knocks her over.

R8T15-11: The charau-ka don't try to back up, but instead take out clubs and descend (foolishly) on Vasikcharder. One swings so badly it eats dirt, falling into the ground and blinding itself with jungle loam. But where one fumbles, the flanking one gets a soft crit on Vasikcharder for 4 mod. Meanwhile, the third (out of reach) of Vasikcharder steps farther away from all and throws a rock at Gruelop (which bounces).

R8T9: Gruelop steps slightly to now flank the flanker and kills it with a bite.

R8T5: Vasikcharder felt something change in his scales again. Even as his scales turned aside some of the club's blow, yet it feels like it will be even more effective at doing so next time. Vasikcharder only threatens the one charau-ka that fell to the ground. There is a final, unwounded charau-ka 15' away. What does he do?

Show

24. - Top - End - #1434

Rushing forward, leaving the fallen one alone, and roars in it's face, "Surrender!"

Last edited by Robert821; 2020-08-02 at 06:56 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1435

R8T5: Rushing forward, leaving the fallen one alone, Vasikcharder roars in it's face, "Surrender!"

End Round 8, Begin Round 9 ...

R9T17: Lalarlia, there are two charaul-ka left. One is on the ground, badly wounded, and has dirt in its eyes. Vasikcharder and Gruelop threaten the last one and Vasikcharder just demanded it surrender, but it hasn't gone yet for you to know if that worked or not. What do you do?

Both charau-ka on deck and in the hole ...
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1436
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Lalarlia will nock an arrow and aim it at the one Vasilinecharcoal yelled at waiting to see it's response. She will let fly if it moves to attack.

27. - Top - End - #1437

R9T17: Lalarlia nocks an arrow and aims it at the one Vasiline(TM)-charcoal yelled at waiting to see it's response. She will let fly if it moves to attack.

R9T15: The blinded one wipes the dirt from its eyes and stands.

Vasikcharder, do you use an AOO to bite it (at reach)? No, you don't have any insight as to whether or not it will stop hostilities or not. (It wasn't the one whose face you yelled into.)
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1438

Vasik will remained focused on the the unharmed one, wondering why he choose this course...

29. - Top - End - #1439

R9T15: Vasik remains focused on the the unharmed one, wondering why he choose this course.

R9T11: The unharmed one looks at Vasikcharder with unmitigated hatred and goes to attack. Lalarlia shoots it in the hand for 4, but it gets a light crit on Vasikcharder for 3 mod.

R9T9: Gruelop bites it for 10.

R9T5: Vasikcharder, your primal mind is stirring, finding little in common with this dreadful creature. What do you do?

"Other" charau-ka on deck, Lalarlia in the hole ...
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1440

Ending it all!

snorting, and shifting his weight, Vasik furiously lashes out to end both Charua-ka, is a flurry of teeth and claws!

Spoiler: Ending it!
    Show
    shifting his weight 5' to place himself in between both opponents, Power Attacking, Bite to severely wounded one, all other attacks to minorly wounded one.* 2 Talons: (1d20+9)[14], damage (2d6+12)[21], (1d20+9)[14], damage (2d6+12)[19]
    * Bite: (1d20+9)[22], damage (1d8+12)[18]
    * Foreclaws: (1d20+7)[11], damage (2d6+6)[14]