New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Serpent's Skull I, Smuggler's Shiv

Keep it up ! Yeeiii!
    Screaming a war cry, the savage barbarian grabs another +1 arrow from his quiver. He hopes that he has enough arrows to finish the fight.
    to hit Ieana
    (1d20+11)[23]
    PBS, MW BOW, +1 arrow

to damage
    (1d8+5)[11]
    PBS, +1 arrow, strength bow +3

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by lostsole31 View Post
    R7T10: Lalarlia fires again and the arrow hits hard with a bounce but fails to penetrate the scales.
    Yeah.....What he said....
    Can I have a Mountain Dew? Where are the Cheetos?

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

3. - Top - End - #243
    Colossus in the Playground

R7T5: "Keep it up ! Yeeiii!" Screaming a war cry, the savage barbarian grabs another magic arrow from his quiver. He hopes that he has enough arrows to finish the fight. With Pezock covering effectively offering his mistress cover (in addition to the altar), the arrow sinks into Pezock's belly for 12.

End Round 7, Begin Round 8 ...

R8T25: Stephan blocks Pezock's sword with the buckler, and his studded leather just manages to block the latter's beak.

R8T24: Stephan takes his sword and tries to make soft cuts against non-vital areas on Pezock, and it is a series of attacks/parries.

R8T22.1: The viper attacks but is repelled by Erin's magic.

R8T22: "I know you can do it, thrall! Do not be cowed by his glowing blade!"

This exhortation seems to put some wind into Pezock, who until now has had some difficulty with the nimble "halfling." She then easily manages the greasy floor to the stairs, hops over the blood stream, and is now adjacent to a shocked and suddenly alone Jask; the evoker is just capturing his wits, and it is a terrible thing to notice. Aron's eagle tried to hit, but she easily ducked it. Jasks magic force-weapon winks from view.

R8T17: Erin fails to hit the quick viper.

R8T16: Gelik continues his tirade. His cold-bolt is thrown off by her magically shifting form.

R8T12.1: Aron's eagle gives chase and is above and behind her, but a snap from its beak misses.

R8T12: Aron finishes her spell, and yet another creature is summoned. This time, a red beetle with gold tinging, glowing red as a torch appears next to Ieana.

"Attack!" cries Aron, and the creature snaps with its mandibles. "Lalarlia, we can wait at range no longer. Please, for our sakes, go in to cover Jask and the rest of us. Jask, pull back!"

R8T11: Jask withdraws all the way back behind Lalarlia, leaving his quarterstaff at Ieana's feet.

R8T10: Lalarlia, you are currently 20' from Ieana, with Aron 10' from you (and she is 15' from the snake priestess). You have your bow in hand, which means your shield and melee weapons are stowed. What do you do?

Ankarum on deck, Pezock in the hole ...

Spoiler: Battle Map
    Show

V is the Viper. The yellow blotched area is grease. It's hard to see, but Pezock (P) is atop the altar fighting Stephan (S). The faint "E" is Aron's eagle. The faint "I" is the enemy, Ieana. AR is Aron, and G in the back (far east) is Gelik.

No longer with the advantage of cover, and so skilled with archery, Ankarum has a fine shot to Ieana if he shoots her when it is his turn. As I doubt there is anything Lalalarlia will do to end Ieana now, Ankarum might as well take his shot (or declare his action).
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2015-04-26 at 01:40 AM.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    bcool999: On hiatus through 17APR2024.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Dropping her bow, Lalarlia will draw her shield and rush forward in a straight line while drawing her scimitar.

Enough of this toying around. It's time to send this foul spawn back to the depths of whatever dark pit she came from!

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

5. - Top - End - #245

Ankarum?
    Pezock on deck, Stephan in the hole ...
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2015-04-26 at 04:04 AM.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Ankarum keeps up the hail of missles.

to hit Ieana
    (1d20+7)[13]
    PBS, MW BOW, +1 arrow, -4 fire into combat

to damage Ieana
    [roll]1d8+5
    PBS, +1 arrow, strength bow +3

7. - Top - End - #247

R8T10: Dropping her bow, Lalarlia will draw her shield and rush forward in a straight line while drawing her scimitar. "Enough of this toying around. It's time to send this foul spawn back to the depths of whatever dark pit she came from!"

R8T5: Ankarum shoots and misses.

End Round 8, Begin Round 9 ...

R9T25: Pezock swings wildly and his sawtooth sabre goes so wildly he looses its grip. It flies and hits the column by Ankarum but on the opposite and bounces into the blood stream. Pezock snaps with his beak which Stephan dodges.

R9T24: Stephan cuts across at the legs and the tengu jumps.

R9T22.1: The viper misses.

R9T22: "You've come to meet your end, then? Very well." She snaps at Lalarlia with a bite.

R9T17: Erin stabs the summoned viper and it disappears.

R9T16: Gelik continues comedy ...

R9T12.1-12: The eagle misses, but the beetle actually hits her in the back of her left upper arm with a soft bit of glowing light for 4. Aron moves up behind Lalarlia and readies to heal her if she gets harmed.

R9T11: Jask casts a spell on himself.
    Spoiler: Lalarlia
    Show

R9T10: Lalarlia, what do you do? You have flanking with the lucky beetle.

Ankarum on deck, Pezock in the hole ...

Spoiler: Battle Map
    Show
    Show

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Taste my steel, she demon!

She swings with her scimitar.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using parry strike. (1d20+7)[10]

9. - Top - End - #249

Miss.

Ankarum?
    Show

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Ankarum takes a five foot step towards the blood river and tries to put another arrow in Ieana.

to hit
    (1d20+11)[20]
    PBS, MW bow, +1 arrow

to damage
    (1d8+5)[11]
    PBS, +3 bow strength, +1 arrow

*to hit not modified for firing into combat

11. - Top - End - #251

R9T10: "Taste my steel, she demon!" exclaims Lalarlia as she swings with her scimitar, but the incredibly agile serpentfolk easily moves out of the way.
    Show
    Jask cast parry strike on himself. It's a "personal" range spell, meaning he can only do that for himself. I listed it for you because Lalarlia happened to know the spell, just in case you (the player/ Lalarlia) were curious what was cast, and why.

R9T5: Ankarum shoots with another magic arrow, and the enemy dodges.

End Round 9, Begin Round 10 ...

R10T25:
    Pezock snaps down at the halfling, but more as a cover maneuver as he hops down to his right onto the middle of the stairs leading the altar.

R10T24: As soon as Pezock jumps down, Stephan clips him in the head with a crit for 32 NL!

R10T22: Ieana, as she moves and sways, takes careful note of Lalarlia's movements and action. She darts low to bite a tender spot on the paladin's right thigh for 10.
    Show
    Instantly the elf feels weaker as poison begins to move into her body for 2 STR. Only her spell keeps her a little stronger than normal.

R10T21: As soon as she is wounded, Aron calls upon lunar forces to heal Lalarlia for 6.

R10T17: "Sis, get rid of the grease spell!" calls Erin as she hops up to take Pezock's place on the altar and clips him in his left elbow for 8 NL.

R10T16: Gelik continues his performance and then fires a cold bolt which Ieana just dodges.

R10T12.1-12: The eagle snaps with its beak and one of its talons actually hits her for 4. The beetle snaps at her. The eagle disappears as it returns to its home plane.

R10T11: Brave Jask dares to get into threat range as he hustles along the south. He just barely manages to muster the mental focus with the chaos there and touches Lalarlia's scimitar. The weapon grows to the size of what an ogre might carry (though a scimitar-wielding ogre does paint a funny mental picture). It seems shocking at first, until Lalarlia realizes she can wield it just as easily as if it were normal size.
    Show
    The spell is called overcompensation. The base damage of the scimitar is now 1d8, not 1d6, and is treated as a Large scimitar ... which might be advantageous if she scores a critical hit.

R10T10: Lalarlia, on one hand you are poisoned (and wounded a little). On the other hand, you have this monstrous-sized scimitar you can wield in one hand. Aron is behind you to pump you with healing spells. Unless you have something, it's really up to your fortitude (and Calistria's blessing) that will determine if you manage to overcome the poison in your veins. Poison doesn't carry a signpost, so no one else knows right now. Since the eagle went away, you no longer have flanking against Ieana.
    Spoiler: Tactical
    Show
    It's hard to tell, but that is Erin on top of the altar.

Ankarum on deck, Pezock in the hole ... disregard the "E" for the eagle. The spell duration ended and it went away.
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2015-04-28 at 02:07 AM.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

If you think your puny fangs can overcome the will of Calistria, I will prove you sorely wrong, serpent!

She swings her newly enlarged scimitar in a vicious arc!

Spoiler: Long fly dog to centre field...
    Show
    (1d20+7)[13]

As to the knowledge of poison in her system, unless she has common knowledge of this particular species, it seems logical that she would be unaware as of yet herself. So she will continue on as before, for now.

13. - Top - End - #253

Miss.

Ankarum?
    Show

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Grrrr! Hold still snake witch!

Ankarum fires a +1 arrow at Ieana

To hit Ieana
    (1d20+11)[17]
    as previously

to damage
    (1d8+5)[13]
    as previously

15. - Top - End - #255

R10T10: "If you think your puny fangs can overcome the will of Calistria, I will prove you sorely wrong, serpent!" Lalarlia swings her newly enlarged scimitar in a vicious arc! Though there is a nice heft to it, she misjudges the fact she has to take a little bit more of a windup for such a large blade so Ieana easily reads that and is well out of the way when the blade swishes by.

R10T5: "Grrrr! Hold still snake witch!" Ankarum spits as he fires a magic arrow at Ieana and misses (he has one magic arrow remaining).

This was a full minute of combat. Round 10 Ends, Round 11 Begins ...

R11T25: Pezock takes a daring step right into the blood stream where his sword last fell. His foot must have quickly swept to find it and he goes to pick it up. Even though Pezock now has partial cover as the blood bath comes up to nearly his midsection, in trying to pick up his sword in the first place Stephan finds a fine opening and whallops him with yet another crit for 30 NL. That is enough for Pezock to get knocked out. The problem, however, is that he falls over in the bloodstream face down while unconscious.

R11T24: The original purpose of small size (missile combat and defense) long past, Stephan goes from the form of a halfling to that of a powerfully built dwarf and he steps into the blood pool next to Pezock. The blood pool comes up much more (shoulders).

R11T22: Ieana smiles as the meddling wizard is now right there. She studies Jask for a second and then launches with a bite, but she is surprised by the simple reflective parry of his spell and shakes her head from her overextension. The weakness continues as Lalarlia realizes that she barely has the advantage of her spell (though she actually isn't debilitated right now).

R11T21: Aron stands in readiness behind Lalarlia for something.

R11T17: Erin hops off the altar and over the stream, and comes down to the south of the beetle while drawing a dagger. She casts a spell and a spray of acid hits Ieana for 5 (max). By this time, Ieana sports many bloodied, scalded, and chilled wounds.

R11T16: Gelik taunts her ... claiming the ease with which her thrall was disarmed and knocked out, and how a little bit of acid. It's amazing how effective insults can be in helping the party, especially over the amount of time so far.

R11T12.09: The beetle clacks wildly and then disappears.

R11T11: Jask steps back next to Erin to cast parry strike on himself again.

R11T10: Lalarlia, what do you do?
    Show

Ankarum on deck (one more magic arrow), Stephan in the hole ...
    Show

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

I tire of this game, beast!

She heaves mightily with her scimitar.

Spoiler: Once more unto the breach...
    Show
    To hit: (1d20+7)[8]
    Damage: (1d6+5)[11]

17. - Top - End - #257

Ankarum....?
    Show

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Keep your faith Lalaria! Your Godess will not forsake you.
    Ankarum flashes her a fierce grin.
    Stephan! Can you toss me Pezock's sword?
    Ankarum decides to change tactics. He stows his bow and equips his shield.

19. - Top - End - #259

R11T10: "I tire of this game, beast!" She heaves mightily with her scimitar, but the combination of unfamiliarity with so large a weapon combined with the poison slowly working against her muscles has her swing go wide.

R11T5: "Keep your faith Lalaria!" Ankarum flashes her a fierce grin. "Your Godess will not forsake you."

"Stephan! Can you toss me Pezock's sword?"Ankarum decides to change tactics. He stows his bow and equips his shield.

End Round 11, Begin Round 12 ...

R12T24: Stephan holds up a finger as if to tell Ankarum to wait. Stephan grabs Pezock and turns him over so he doesn't drown in the blood. He then lifts, heaves, and rolls his form up onto the deck near Ankarum.

R12T22: Misses or no, poison or no, the snakewoman priestess has been getting a beating for over a minute. She is bloody all about. She breathes heavily. "Thisss isssn't over!"

She sprints away from Lalarlia quickly enough the latter doesn't get an AOO (withdraw action), hopping the pool of blood onto the stairs. She slips a little in the greasy area and gets to the statues. "Let your doltish minds attempt to divine the brilliance I have penned in my notesss! You will never make it to Saventh-Yhi. If you try, you will die!!"

R12T21: Aron looses her buckler to the ground and shoots an arrow that misses.

R12T17: "Oh, Hells, no! You ain't runnin', bitch!" calls Erin as she handily jumps the blood river, up the stairs, and slides to Ieana. In trying to stop she spins tighly in a circle and stops woozily in front of Ieana.

R12T16: Gelik's comedy grows ever fiercer now that the enemy appears to be on the run, and yet with nowhere to run. She seems to be pressed against the west end and he notes that in his performance. The cold bolt he throws and misses with does less to seem like a miss, and more to seem like by melee, spell, and missile Ieana is in dire straits.

R12T11: For his part, Jask moves into the area formerly held by Ieana so he can get a bead on her. He focuses and a bolt of force fires from his fingers, but it fizzles as it gets to Ieana.

R12T10: Lalarlia, what do you do?

Show

Ankarum on deck, Stephan in the hole (or, blood river, if you will) ...
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2015-04-30 at 08:08 PM.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

You'll not slither away so easily bitch spawn!

She pursues after the creature.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

As Lalaria races after Ieana, Ankarum calls out to her.
    "Lalaria! Keep clear my line of fire!"

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Hearing Ankarum, she will do her best to stay out of his line of fire.

23. - Top - End - #263

R12T5: Lalarlia barely makes a 5' jump in her armor, goes around the stairs to the north per Ankarum's request, and ends up on the other side of where Ieana is, to keep her cornered.

Ankarum, what do you do?
    Show

Stephan on deck, Ieana in the hole ....
    Show

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Not willing to risk tossing the Lightning javelin with Lalaria so close to Ieana, Ankarum gives in to the rage burning inside him.
    "Ankarum comes for you now, serpent!" snarls the enraged barbarian. He dashes right , around the column, leaps the river of blood and plows into Ieana with his shield attempting a bull rush maneuver to knock her away from the idol.

(1d20+9)[17] to bull rush

*using guarded stance rage power.

25. - Top - End - #265

R12T5: Not willing to risk tossing the lightning javelin with Lalaria so close to Ieana, Ankarum gives in to the rage burning inside him.

"Ankarum comes for you now, serpent!" snarls the enraged barbarian. He dashes right, around the column, leaps the river of blood and moves in to plow Ieana with his shield attempting a bull rush maneuver to knock her away from the idol. She darts her mouth out and bites him on the cheek for 5. Ankarum feels the burning of the poison, but his enhanced metabolism flushes the poison out of the wound she creates. As far as his attempt to push her back, she is too quick for him.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am assuming "enraged" = now raging. This is why I need spoilers for you to define gamespeak.

End Round 12, Begin Round 13 ...

R13T24: Stephan gets out of the blood river and comes around the corner, dripping and covered in blood. He steps into the greased area and falls.

R13T22: Ieana touches the idol with her bloody hand and turns into a misty (still blurry) form. Her cloudy form lifts upwards, giving Lalarlia, Erin, and Stephan a free strike. Erin makes a brilliant strike for 9 mod damage.

Ankarum, Lalarlia, make your attacks of opportunity ...
    Show

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Ankarum takes a swing with his shield at the mist serpent.

(1d20+9)[28] to hit
    (1d4+5)[6] to damage

27. - Top - End - #267

Ankarum swings his shield clear through the mist-serpentfolk, but doesn't appear to do anything.

Lalarlia?
    Show

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Lalarlia swings with her enlarged scimitar.

Feel my bite, she bitch!

Spoiler
    Show
    To hit: (1d20+7)[22]

Damage: (1d6+5)[9]

29. - Top - End - #269

R13T22 (Cont'd): Ankarum swings his shield clear through the mist-serpentfolk, but doesn't appear to do anything.

Lalarlia swings with her enlarged scimitar. "Feel my bite, she-bitch!" Unlike the shield, this one seems to meet the cloud with some resistance as the faint form of Yarzoth soundlessly seems to scream (14), and blood materializes and spatters from the cloud onto the ground as she continues to ascend. She is now at a height of 10' ... out of range of melee.

R13T21: A bit embarrassed, Aron dismisses the grease spell that dropped Stephan. She then moves rushes forth to jump the bloodstream and then move past her sister to stand by her.

R13T17: Erin is dizzy and spends her turn getting her bearings.

R13T16: Gelik jeers Ieana for her cowardice (as he does so from as far away in this room as possible) and tries to blast her but the freezing ray seems to go right through her until it hits the wall behind.

R13T11: Jask casts a spell he had been holding in reserve and a ray of pure heat and flame bursts forth from his palm and hits the nebulous enemy in center of mass for 20 fire!

R13T10: Lalarlia, your body is now fighting the poison fully with the help of the Wasp Goddess. Though your scimitar is oversized, that still doesn't help you extend your reach the extra 5' you need. What do you do?

Ankarum on deck, Stephan in the hole ...
    Show
    Show

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Lalarlia, drops her scimitar and draws her whip. She will attempt to ensnare the beast.