Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 257
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    Aug 2006

    Default Back to Basics (Group 2)

    Spoiler: Allundril
    Show
    The ravaging of Allundril's home was a month past now. The few who escaped - a dozen, all told - made their way north. Knowing that they'd finding little compassion for their cause with the self-absorbed high-elves deeper in the woods, they skirted round, living off of the land as they always had.

    With no real aim, the band simply kept on the move, looking to put some distance between them and the gnolls such that fate would not be a cruel mistress and cause conflict once more. Silartet, the oldest and self-appointed leader of the group, changed his mind about where they were headed almost weekly, finally settling on a plan as they arrived on the outskirts of Harlskeep.

    "The freewarriors of the eastern hills will help us get revenge, but we will need coin. The human lands are troubled - find good paying work, and find it fast. We meet back here in two months, with whatever funds, allies, or bow-arms you can find."

    The first week was quiet. Most of the group had already dispersed, and Allundril found himself acting as a bouncer for a particularly rowdy tavern to pay for room and board, always keeping an eye on the noticeboard. Most was work for labourers or tradesfolk, but eventually something of interest caught his interest.

    Freewarriors, mercenaries and adventure-seekers:
    The Church of St. Cuthbert is hiring.
    Applications to Father Quintus

    Spoiler: Clauss
    Show
    The notice Clauss is answering reads:

    Freewarriors, mercenaries and adventure-seekers:
    The Church of St. Cuthbert is hiring.
    Applications to Father Quintus

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Sorry yours is a bit basic, you provided me with all of the relevant background leading up to answering the notice!

    Spoiler: Sar'tul
    Show
    The betrayal at Uruna'k was still a burning memory in his mind as Sar'tul came to Harlskeep, accompanying a dwarven caravan. The first primarily human settlement of any decent size, the dwarf was pleased to learn that the church of St. Cuthbert had a healthy following here. With his legs weary from the long journey, he decided this was as far as he needed to travel for now.

    With only a day of relative rest within the church's walls, the head of the church - Father Quintus - summoned Sar'tul and another apparant newcomer - a fellow brother of St. Cuthbert called Isaac - to his chambers the following morning after the sermon.

    "Brothers, we have some grave news. Apparently a cult has been kidnapping villagers near Jannisthorp - to what end, we can only imagine. The village elder has pleaded with us for aid after receiving nothing from the military." He paused to let the news sink in a moment.

    "I can only assume your recent arrivals are a blessing from our Lord Himself, and as such beseech you to take up this task such that order can be returned to the people of Jannisthorp. I have requested the aid of local mercenaries and the like, who shall be convening today. From them we will form two task forces, with each of you at the head."

    "Brother Isaac, you are to lead a group in finding and rescuing the kidnapped villagers. Brother Sar'tul, you are to seek out the roots of the evil and do what you can to bring the cult itself down. May His Justice be served."

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Unlike the others, you are not queuing outside but will be accompanying Father Quintus in the interviews. While it might be a bit immersion breaking for you, I ask that you don't strongly object to any of the other players as applicants, or at least have Sar'tul keep his objections to himself.

    Spoiler: Eirien
    Show
    Harlskeep, as good a place to rest her weary feet as any. Eirien had arrived at the town a week past, and was rapidly realising just how expensive comfortable accomodation could be. The abundance of friendly yet formal establishments of her homeland was a stark contrast to the average quality here - the concept of a bed costing extra, and blankets being flea-ridden and itchy rather than cool linen seemed to be the norm.

    This gave Eirien two choices; find something to supplement her funds to be able to stay in the more luxurious quarters, or admit defeat and return to the elven lands she was accustomed to. A combination of stubbornness and pride meant the second wasn't an option, and so she began looking for "work". It was true that there were a goodly number of merchants with fat pockets ripe for the picking, but after a close call Eirien decided to see if work which was more... well, "legal"... might be available.

    A handful of notices were pinned up on noticeboards of the various inns of Harlskeep, and one in particular seemed especially legitimate:

    Freewarriors, mercenaries and adventure-seekers:
    The Church of St. Cuthbert is hiring.
    Applications to Father Quintus

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    A lot of the above (i.e. Eirien's particular viewpoint) is flexible. If you want to come up with another reason for her to be answering the notice feel free.

    Spoiler: Jamros
    Show
    It's a sad life when your own mother doesn't acknowledge you. Marella now owned the bar at which she had worked when Jamros left a decade and a half ago. "No son of mine would be some nature-loving slacker," she'd declared upon his return. Words were hurled and eventually Jamros, in a moment of anger, ripped an advert at random from the noticeboard.

    "You think I won't work! I'll show you!" he'd yelled as he stormed out, clearly emotionally charged from being dismissed by the only person from his childhood to have cared for him.

    He looked down at the notice in his hand, only now reading the words.

    Freewarriors, mercenaries and adventure-seekers:
    The Church of St. Cuthbert is hiring.
    Applications to Father Quintus

    So be it.

    The church of St. Cuthbert in Harlskeep is a rather imposing yet simple building - smooth stone walls, solid buttresses, and a large bell tower. It's evident that there's some interest, as a rather diverse queue is forming outside the main door. A human wearing simple robes and a large iron holy symbol about his neck stands at its head with a piece of parchment on a board, and is slowly checking off names and sending people in one by one.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    You arrive in the order that you post. Once invited inside please post in spoiler tags (the discussion will be in private). Feel free to chat amongst yourselves, ask questions, etc. while in the queue.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground
     
    ElfMonkGuy

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Back to Basics (Group 2)

    The day started early for allundril, his trance last night was not as comfortable, since that fatidic night everynight is the same, fire, horrific howling, grutural laughter, blood and screem, but today was the day that his revange will start coming together. He arrived at the Church of St.Cuthbert, no one else was arround well.. here i am, guess i´m the first one to show up... as he walked up the stairs a human in simple robes opens the door.

    Hi! the name is allundril, i´m answering thispost i found... allundril, shows the patchment to the human. Shall we talk bussines?

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    Aug 2006

    Default Re: Back to Basics (Group 2)

    The priest nods and ushers Allundril inside. The inside of the church is in the same style as the exterior: simple wooden pews, wide stone aisles, and a great block of rough stone as an altar. Plain brown curtains block off various parts, and the priest indicates a door behind a drawn-back curtain towards the back of the church.

    "Knock twice and enter, then introduce yourself to Father Quintus."

    The priest scratches a few words down on his ad hoc clipboard before returning to monitoring the queue.

    Spoiler: Allundril, Sar'tul
    Show
    The side room is small and simply furnished - a wooden desk with a neat arrangement of parchments and scrolls. Seated behind the desk is an elderly man, probably in his sixties. A stern expression is on his face, and his long, white hair is pulled neatly back. A short, neatly-combed, grey - verging on white - beard adorns his chin. Standing to his side is a short, stocky humanoid - you have seen a few similar of similar build to this about the town, apparently they're the "dwarves" Allundril's heard about in stories. Both wear grey robes with white trim, with those of the seated man's having a second band of sky blue. The dwarf is armoured in scale mail.

    The seated man eyes Allundril up and down, obviously silently appraising him.

    "You have the look of a hunter about you, my son." The seated man speaks. "Are you a proficient tracker?"

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Remember to post in spoiler tags from now on, addressing them to "DM, Allundril, Sar'tul" as relevant (unless it's just for me, of course).

    Spoiler: Sar'tul, OOC
    Show
    Allundril is obviously an elf. Tall, with tanned skin, blond hair, green eyes, and a muscular build, he has the look of a hunter about him. He sports a bow slung over his shoulder, and has a longsword at his belt.
    Last edited by Amanil; 2014-09-29 at 12:33 PM.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Prince Zahn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    my fireball can reach you
    Gender
    Male

    annoyed Re: Back to Basics (Group 2)

    A hooded little figure approaches the priest next, "Greetings," he rasped, "I have come to speak with Father—" he coughed violently, struggling to speak before coughing something that smeared blood over his hand. He then placed the same fist in his pocket along with anything that may have been held in it."—father Quintus, regarding his need for adventure-seekers." with another dreadful cough he added And a drop of something for my cough, if his blessedness would ever so kindly..."
    Spoiler: DM only
    Show
    adding "Gnome Tooth" to my inventory in case you should wonder, this is the very same one from the character description.
    Last edited by Prince Zahn; 2014-09-29 at 12:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Jette View Post
    If you write gibberish in common, even comprehend languages won't turn it into a sonnet.
    P.Z. - gamer; friend; royalty. 'Tis a pleasure.
    <<Cynthia the Witch by me. she's a nice gal, I promise!

    My player Resume, for potential DMs to read over.


    My Extended Signature

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    Aug 2006

    Default Re: Back to Basics (Group 2)

    The priest manages to not recoil as the small figure coughs up blood. He points to the back of the short queue. "I'm sure we can arrange a herbal tonic as part of any arrangement you make. Please join the queue."

    Spoiler: Clauss
    Show
    Gross.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Prince Zahn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    my fireball can reach you
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Back to Basics (Group 2)

    "As you wish, I am a patient gnome."the figure returns to the back of the queue a bit clumsily and slowly, as if in pain.
    In an attempt to pass the time and pain, the gnome tries to socialize with the person in front of him.
    "hello, You are also here to spe—"he coughs again. —to speak with Father Quintus?"
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    this could be anyone really. Another player would be ideal, however.
    EDIT: unless sir master of dungeonshire has a cooler idea of what to do?
    Last edited by Prince Zahn; 2014-09-29 at 12:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Jette View Post
    If you write gibberish in common, even comprehend languages won't turn it into a sonnet.
    P.Z. - gamer; friend; royalty. 'Tis a pleasure.
    <<Cynthia the Witch by me. she's a nice gal, I promise!

    My player Resume, for potential DMs to read over.


    My Extended Signature

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    Aug 2006

    Default Re: Back to Basics (Group 2)

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    The next person to show up can be retconned in to be in front of Clauss.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    UristMcRandom's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Back to Basics (Group 2)

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I'll take it, couldn't think of a cool way to walk up anyway.

    Jamros stood in the line rather impatiently, his viper companion Ahktar draped over his shoulders, spear in hand. He sighed, muttering an Elvish curse when he heard a voice behind him before turning to face the speaker, "Yes. What matter is it to you?"
    Last edited by UristMcRandom; 2014-09-29 at 09:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by OctoberRaven View Post
    "It's a fireball. It's basically a magic hand grenade."
    My Homebrew

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Prince Zahn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    my fireball can reach you
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Back to Basics (Group 2)

    "Oh, none in particular." he groaned in pain as he spoke. "I do like that snake of yours nonetheless - I nearly got bit by a few roughly a fortnight ago, though they were not as impressive as yours - surely not, I believe was lucky to make it out alive!"
    despite the agony and dryness betrayed from his voice, the cloaked gnome appeared quite cheerful.
    Last edited by Prince Zahn; 2014-09-29 at 02:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Jette View Post
    If you write gibberish in common, even comprehend languages won't turn it into a sonnet.
    P.Z. - gamer; friend; royalty. 'Tis a pleasure.
    <<Cynthia the Witch by me. she's a nice gal, I promise!

    My player Resume, for potential DMs to read over.


    My Extended Signature

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Back to Basics (Group 2)

    Spoiler: DM
    Show
    It works out quite nicely--Eirien prefers to be alone, so she wouldn't want to trance in the common room. Being woken up by being bitten by something is a legitimate fear, too. A nice quiet room with a door that locks and a window she can escape from would be her standard.

    Eirien doesn't really have a profession, not even 'thief'--her fear of getting caught has kept her from practicing the relevant skills. She could be an acrobat if not for her fear of crowds, though... Fear is a big thing for Eirien! Ironically, that's why she's looking for dangerous work--it's less scary, for her, than learning a new trade.


    Across the road from the church stood a tallish elf with a hooded gray mantle over her shoulders. Visible on her back, a nine-foot-tall spear extending well across her back, along with a good-size horn crossbow. At her belt was a sturdy elven sword, and a number of small bags and boxes. Beneath her armoured tunic, and yet over the leggings of her armour leggings, was a skirt of pale blue wool.

    She hung back, distant from the queue for some time, occasionally wincing as the others spoke, before steeling herself for a cautious approach. Though it seemed as calm and graceful as anything--as well as somewhat menacing, given her heavy armament--the extraordinary paleness in her face betrayed that the quiet elf was not quite in control of the situation.

    After arriving about six feet away from the gnome at the back of the line, she stopped and kept her distance from the gnome and half-elf in front of her, with just a hint of a set jaw and an upright chin. Eyes the colour of sun-drenched moss observed the priest by the doors, but she kept her lips sealed and her cloak wrapped tightly around her, arms crossed underneath it.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    UristMcRandom's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Back to Basics (Group 2)

    "Thank you, I suppose..." Jamros turned away, hoping he could get through the rest of the signup process with as little socialization as possible.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    About how many people are in this line?
    Quote Originally Posted by OctoberRaven View Post
    "It's a fireball. It's basically a magic hand grenade."
    My Homebrew

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    Aug 2006

    Default Re: Back to Basics (Group 2)

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    It varies, but generally about five.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground
     
    ElfMonkGuy

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Back to Basics (Group 2)

    Spoiler: DM, Allundril, Sar'tul
    Show
    allundril, steps forward into the church,and as he was told.. proceds to knock twice before entering thr room. He sees the two humanoids inside the room. a small hairy one and an old one..
    Greeting, I am Allundril... and indeed, i´m a hunter, from the northen elven woods, tracking is indeed one of my skills. you must be father quintus...? allundril focuses on the man speaking.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Prince Zahn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    my fireball can reach you
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Back to Basics (Group 2)

    "Tell me, where did you find this one, good fellow?"the gnome continues to show interest in the half-elf's pet as he shows signs illness, and pain."Call me Clauss, by the way. And you are?"

    Spoiler: Jamros
    Show
    Yeah, Urist, because I would totes let Clauss stand quiet while waiting in line indefinitely with nobody else to pass the silence with... That's not how good stories start, mi amigo.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    forgot to ask, how is the weather outside? Not a vital detail but it would be nice to know.
    Last edited by Prince Zahn; 2014-09-30 at 12:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Jette View Post
    If you write gibberish in common, even comprehend languages won't turn it into a sonnet.
    P.Z. - gamer; friend; royalty. 'Tis a pleasure.
    <<Cynthia the Witch by me. she's a nice gal, I promise!

    My player Resume, for potential DMs to read over.


    My Extended Signature

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    Aug 2006

    Default Re: Back to Basics (Group 2)

    Spoiler: Allundril, Sar'tul
    Show
    "Indeed I am," the seated man acknowledged, scratching his short beard with one hand. "The man to my left is Brother Sar'tul. Tell me, what do you know of the ways of St. Cuthbert? No doubt a tracker could be useful?" The last question was addressed to the dwarf.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    It's warm and clear - I should probably have mentioned, it's early summer.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    TwentyFold's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Back to Basics (Group 2)

    Spoiler: DM, Allundril
    Show
    Sar'tul stole his eyes off of the elf to glance at Father Quintus, then back at the Elf with a glint in his beady silver eyes. Aye, Father Quintus, any hunter of the sort would be greatly welcomed.
    Avatar by:

    Spoiler: Etc.
    Show
    Current Characters:
    Kraguri/Ikuma, Dusk Caste Seeking Redemption
    Rha' Stag, Hunter of Beasts, Slayer of Fools

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    UristMcRandom's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Back to Basics (Group 2)

    "I found him out in the woods, don't even remember where," Jamros said, glancing back at the Gnome's pained expression, he sighed again before speaking, "You may call me Jamros."

    Spoiler: Clauss
    Show
    I swear! I'm not normally this antisocial! ;) Jamros will come around eventually, I promise.
    Last edited by UristMcRandom; 2014-09-30 at 03:35 PM.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground
     
    ElfMonkGuy

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Back to Basics (Group 2)

    Spoiler: DM, Allundril, Sar'tul
    Show
    immeral takes a look at sar´tul nods his head in sign of respect and respondswell father quintus, I´m not of the religious type,i trust the nature ,the wilderness and belive that mother nature gives and takes at her will, that being said...i don´t deny the excistance of the gods... i don´t know much of any ¨civilized¨ deitys. I can handle my self on pretty much any field, even if i haven´t been there before, i read the land and let her guide me.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    Aug 2006

    Default Re: Back to Basics (Group 2)

    Spoiler: Sar'tul, Allundril
    Show
    "Somewhat less formal than what we are used to, but needs must." Father Quintus sighed. "Brother Sar'tul, I believe we have found you your tracker."

    He turned back to the elf. "What payment would you consider reasonable for your services, on a per day basis? You may assume that the task at hand will involve not insignificant risk to yourself."

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Back to Basics (Group 2)

    As Jamros turns back toward Clauss and announces himself, Eirien twists her lips and gives those in line in front of her another few inches berth on top of the six feet she's already provided, tilting her head back for good measure. Her silver hair is kept short, not reaching beyond her well-muscled neck. Her haircut is bad, but salvaged into some kind of style consisting of spikes pointed downward. Her briefly lingers on each of them, before drifting off toward the architecture.
    Last edited by Navian; 2014-10-01 at 08:32 PM. Reason: De-garbled!

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground
     
    ElfMonkGuy

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Back to Basics (Group 2)

    Spoiler: Sar'tul, Allundril,DM
    Show
    What´s the task..? Immeral seems intrigued with this odd proposal... usually people give a little more on what the job actually is.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    Aug 2006

    Default Re: Back to Basics (Group 2)

    Spoiler: Allundril, OOC
    Show
    Who's Immeral?

    Spoiler: Sar'tul, Allundril
    Show
    "You will be investigating the presence of a group of individuals of interest to the church, and bringing them to justice for crimes committed. It is likely that they will not give themselves up without a fight, but rooting them out is your primary concern - if the task of bringing them in is too much for your party you will reconvene and assemble an appropriately sized force." Father Quintus explained, simply. "The specifics I will explain to the head of your party, Brother Sar'tul, and he will pass on to you as relevant."

    He steepled his fingers and tilted his head to one side. "If the work sounds of interest, what would be your daily rate?"
    Last edited by Amanil; 2014-10-01 at 04:21 PM.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    Aug 2006

    Default Re: Back to Basics (Group 2)

    Eirien and Jamros are suddenly aware of movement down by their knees, and Clauss of movement by his waist.

    "Just a coppah, miss, just a coppah for a hot meal."

    "Please, mister, spare some change for'n'orphan."

    "A silver for medicine for my sick mother, sir, a silver to save a mother of six."

    A small horde of what appear to be predominantly halfling children swarm over the queue. There's perhaps a dozen of them, two or three begging at each individual. The priest at the head of the queue appears to be trying to shoo them away, but they're having none of it.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Back to Basics (Group 2)

    Several expressions--surprise, nausea, horror and temerity--flash over Eirien's face in rapid succession as her mind catches up with reality. In another second, they all coalesce into one that bears features of all four.

    "Stay back," she cries out in a voice not used to speaking at high volumes, or much at all, really. It's loud enough to be heard within fifteen feet, anyway, and her exclamation is punctuated as she plants her feet to be ready to turn in any direction, and yanks her sword from its scabbard, her right-hand with a white-knuckled grip on the hilt, her left hand over the pommel, held firmly point-down in a two-handed defensive stance as she watches over her coin purse with feverish determination. Her eyes dart across her 'assailants'.

    Spoiler: DM
    Show
    Eirien's on the lookout for knives, fast-hands, and cut-purses! She might be crazy, but is she wrong? (Probably.) I've more in mind, but I think it best to wait for a reaction. In technical terms, she's Ready to pummel anyone who tries to move in her space (as in an unarmed strike, since she'd prefer to avoid the mess.)
    Last edited by Navian; 2014-10-01 at 06:40 AM.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Prince Zahn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    my fireball can reach you
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Back to Basics (Group 2)

    "Gather round, gentlemen!" Clause calls painfully but clearly, seizing the excuse to break the queue.
    Clauss focuses on the children - he dares not possibly harm them - and justly he mustn't. He may regret what he will do next, but by Looking at the short distance away, he evokes four eerie globes of golden light in the distance nearby.
    "Children - look that way!" he rasps, hoping the glimmering lights catch their attention. "Have you children never heard how the old rhyme goes?:
    'Gilded light of wisps unfold,
    The road to secrets of silver and gold!'"
    the spheres float around whimsically away,
    In hopes that another location in town would help the children, and buying them time, he turns to the priest.
    "Father - we must hurry and seek refuge inside - banishing them off carelessly helps us not!"


    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    this reminds me of something... South park?

    Spoiler: OOC - DM
    Show
    Dancing lights to catch their attention, and a bluff check to hopefully lure the children away and buy us a little time:
    Bluff: (1d20+6)[14]
    Last edited by Prince Zahn; 2014-10-01 at 08:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Jette View Post
    If you write gibberish in common, even comprehend languages won't turn it into a sonnet.
    P.Z. - gamer; friend; royalty. 'Tis a pleasure.
    <<Cynthia the Witch by me. she's a nice gal, I promise!

    My player Resume, for potential DMs to read over.


    My Extended Signature

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    Aug 2006

    Default Re: Back to Basics (Group 2)

    The children jump away from Eirien as she takes up her defensive stance. Many "oooh"s and "aaah"s are heard at the light show, and probably half of the "pack" go scurrying after them, skipping and laughing, their previous objective obviously forgotten.

    Most of the remaining half, who you now notice have three gnome children in their number, seem unimpressed. Seeing that their marks may not be quite as easy as hoped, they stick out their tongues and chase after their fellows, calling back to the queue.

    "Cheapskates!"

    "Tightarses!"

    "Misers!"

    The priest's proverbial feathers seem ruffled, but he gathers his composure before turning to Clauss. "Nonsense, they are harmless enough. The church is no sanctuary from the smiles of children."

    Eirien notices a single halfling child, no more than a foot and a half tall still remaining, entirely unfazed by her defensive posture and the glowing orbs. Her shoulder length brown hair is matted against her incredibly pale face, and her clothes are faded to the point where it's impossible to identify their original colour. She has a ragged blanket in one hand, held up to her chin, and holds the other out and up to Eirien.

    "Coh...pah?" she asks in an incredibly high-pitched voice, though it's said forlornly.
    Last edited by Amanil; 2014-10-01 at 09:19 AM.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Prince Zahn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    my fireball can reach you
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Back to Basics (Group 2)

    "Need I tell you, father, that they were not smiling moments ago." he coughs dreadfully, pointing towards the lights that teasingly lead the infants away from the church. "those poor souls, I wish I could truly help them somehow."
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Jette View Post
    If you write gibberish in common, even comprehend languages won't turn it into a sonnet.
    P.Z. - gamer; friend; royalty. 'Tis a pleasure.
    <<Cynthia the Witch by me. she's a nice gal, I promise!

    My player Resume, for potential DMs to read over.


    My Extended Signature

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    TwentyFold's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Back to Basics (Group 2)

    (Slightly Muffled) What be that ill gotten comotion outside!
    Spoiler: DM, Allundril
    Show
    Yelled Sar'tul, clearly annoyed at the random Incursion of noise unto the interview. Sar'tul stands, and approaches the doors that lead out into the main portion of the church, mumbling the whole way. Please Excuse me father, i canno' stand by and let somethin' ruin tha whole process!

    Spoiler: OOC: DM, Allundril
    Show
    Just trying to get some expansion here for Sar'tul =p
    Last edited by TwentyFold; 2014-10-01 at 10:49 AM. Reason: SO MUCH DERP
    Avatar by:

    Spoiler: Etc.
    Show
    Current Characters:
    Kraguri/Ikuma, Dusk Caste Seeking Redemption
    Rha' Stag, Hunter of Beasts, Slayer of Fools

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Back to Basics (Group 2)

    Eirien relaxes her grip, if not her posture, as the children scatter off. She is, for a moment, distracted by the light show herself, regaining her wits only as she hears Clauss speak to the priest. At this moment, she stands straight, tossing and catching her sword in her left hand, before sheathing it straight away, and pulling her cloak forward over her left side again. Her right hand migrates toward her belt pouch, and she glances down to hear the girl's pleas, giving a slight dip of her head. The elf remains blank-faced all the while.

    "I have none," is her terse reply, but she raises her voice to address the queue. "Who here has change for a silver?" She makes a study of the visible candidates.
    Last edited by Navian; 2014-10-01 at 12:15 PM.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Prince Zahn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    my fireball can reach you
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Back to Basics (Group 2)

    Clauss raises his hood and reveals his white hair, his black eye that matches his bloodshot blue irises, unkempt van dyke, and a bruise on his cheek. He digs through his pockets and finds a few (4) copper coins.

    "Here you go, sweetheart. One from each who can help. Also—" he whispers something and blows into both his hands, making one of the coins glow. And whispers something in the child's ear.
    Spoiler: Little Girl/DM
    Show
    "A gift from one less fortunate to another. "
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    1 light spell used to light the coin.
    "may it light your path tonight." he smiles with two stained golden teeth and a missing canine tooth.
    "Off you go, little one - spend it wisely."

    Turning with his smile to the maiden behind him, he rasps with little voice left.
    "...ee... It."
    "Still o...ring tha. .oi.., swee..art?"

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    @Eirien: Clauss is asking if youwant the change, and if you're still offering the silver.
    Last edited by Prince Zahn; 2014-10-01 at 02:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Jette View Post
    If you write gibberish in common, even comprehend languages won't turn it into a sonnet.
    P.Z. - gamer; friend; royalty. 'Tis a pleasure.
    <<Cynthia the Witch by me. she's a nice gal, I promise!

    My player Resume, for potential DMs to read over.


    My Extended Signature

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •