New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Fey-themed party

My party is looking into making a faerie themed party. So far, we have an Archfey pact warlock who performed a ritual in a musty old time he found to contact Titania and ask her for knowledge and power (at a price). We also have an Oath of the Ancients paladin; he's a fey knight who gets his holy powers from his powerful faerie masters. We're looking for other very fey-themed character ideas. Got any?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Default Re: Fey-themed party

You could have a cleric who has the Nature or Tempest domain granted to him by the worship of a fey deity. Perhaps this cleric is the personal warrior for this patron - the sword arm for this fey's plan to gain more power.
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodshed343 View Post
    If they get a +3 maul, it should hit like a truck being thrown by a bigger truck. It's a LEGENDARY weapon. This ain't a random boulder on a stick. This is Kord's right nut.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrUberGr View Post
    There are 10 rays, and you roll a d10 to determine what rays it uses. However, this seems totally stupid, since it isn't a 3 Int monster that will just fart rays from its eyes when it gets angry.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

The druid seems an obvious choice. Druid summoning is often fey spirits that take the shapes required.
    My D&D 5th ed. Druid Handbook

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

- Arcane tricksters are an easy fit, especially gnomes

- Non-fey races can have a background in which they were taken into the feywild/replaced with a changeling, and have recently escaped/been freed

- EK fighters are easily viewed as sidhe knights (especially if they're high elves)

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

-A barbarian who draws from sidhe patrons or spirits of the woods to fluff the animal totems.

-A bard. Fey love music!

-Maybe it's just me, but a wild magic sorcerer seems like it would be a good fit for a person who inherited their sorcery thanks to some fair folk blood. Faerie magic is powerful, but it doesn't always do quite what you tell it to do.
    Last edited by Steel Mirror; 2014-10-01 at 12:35 PM.
    For playable monster adventurers who would attract more than a few glances at the local tavern, check out my homebrew monster races!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

I'd go with a construction worker, an Indian, a cop, a cowboy, and a biker..... Oh.. FEY themed.... I feel awkward now.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mabriss lethe View Post
    I'd go with a construction worker, an Indian, a cop, a cowboy, and a biker..... Oh.. FEY themed.... I feel awkward now.
    Why not both?

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Hm... Several Fey (such as 3.5's leShay's) don't rely on trickery and misdirection but instead have mastered physical combat. Maybe your ranger/fighter/barbarian has trained under one? A variant human fighter with Magic Initiate would have a bit of 'fey magic' (minor illusion, friends, charm person) while still being a melee warrior.
    Creator of the LA-assignment thread.

Come join the new Junkyard Wars and build with SLAs and a breath weapon!

Interested in judging a build competition on the 3.5 forums but not sure where to begin? Check out the judging handbook!

Extended signature!