New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Meta-Blade, ToB + Psionics [Prc]

Meta-Blade
    Meta-Blades are a group of Psychic Warriors who have discovered the art of using combining Blade Magic with the power of the mind

Requirements
    Psionics: Ability to manifest second level powers
    Maneuovers: Knowledge of at least 2 maneuovers
    Feats: Psionic Weapon, a single Meta-Psionic Feat

Skills
    Auto-hypnosis (Wis), Concentration (Con), Intimidate (Cha), Psicraft (Int), Martial Lore (Int).
    2 + Int modifier per level

Class Features

Psionic Maneuovre:
    You may regain spent Martial Maneuovers as a free action by spending your psionic focus.

Maximise Maneuovre: When using a Martial Maneuovre that deals a random variable in damage you may expend your psionic focus and pay 4 power points in order to maximize the damage dealt by that Maneuovre.

Quicken Maneuovre
    : By expending your Psionic Focus and paying 6 power points you may use any maneuovre that normally takes an attack action to activate as a swift action.

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Powers/Maneuovers

1st|
    +1
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |Psionic Maneuver|+1 level of existing manifesting class and +1 level of existing maneuver class

2nd|
    +2
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |Maximise Maneuver |+1 level of existing manifesting class or +1 level of existing maneuver class

3rd|
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |Quicken Maneuver|+1 level of existing manifesting class and +1 level of existing maneuver class[/table]

Any comments?
    Last edited by Closet_Skeleton; 2007-03-17 at 07:56 AM.
    "that nighted, penguin-fringed abyss" - At The Mountains of Madness, H.P. Lovecraft

When a man decides another's future behind his back, it is a conspiracy. When a god does it, it's destiny.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground

Planetar

Post Re: Meta-Blade, ToB + Psionics [Prc]

It looks fairly good to me, although a bit overpowered, though I'm not really qualified to comment.
    Do not mock the mighty Opera!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Meta-Blade, ToB + Psionics [Prc]

Quote Originally Posted by Balesirion View Post
    It looks fairly good to me, although a bit overpowered, though I'm not really qualified to comment.
    Which part is overpowered? It's weaker than most Theurge classes since it only gets 2 levels of +1/+1 casting and the class features are very similar to what you can do with Metapsionics.

One thing is the all good saves. I should probably change it but I couldn't think what save it would be good at.
    "that nighted, penguin-fringed abyss" - At The Mountains of Madness, H.P. Lovecraft

When a man decides another's future behind his back, it is a conspiracy. When a god does it, it's destiny.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Banned

ElfRangerGuy

Default Re: Meta-Blade, ToB + Psionics [Prc]

Why is it only 3 levels? From the concept I expected at least a 5-level PrC.

Personally, I would add a BAB requirement, extend it to (at least) 5 levels, and give it some nifty abilities of its very own. For saves, my instinct is to give it good Fort and Will, with a poor Ref.