New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 198
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ElfMonkGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Gender
    Male

    d20 Thael Adventures

    Hello, Guys! (This first post will be OOC, but I'll have the first story post up in about 5 min.)
    I just wanted to talk about the format of posts. I don't mind OOC in this thread, but leave rule questions or anything else that takes more than about 3 sentences, put it in the OOC thread. OOC statements should be underlined. Character thought should be in italics.Character speech should be colored, as usual. Colors will be decided depending on a first to post, first serve basis. The first person to speak will be the first to reserve a color. This shade of Dark Blue is reserved for non-hostile NPCs. This shade of Red is reserved for enemy speech. When you make an action that isn't flavor text, Bold it. "I shoot the goblin with my Dwarven Flintlock Rifle." "I press the large ominous red button labeled 'NOT A TRAP'." Dice rolls such as attack, spell, save, and skill checks should be rolled in this thread. Things like HP rolls should be rolled in the dice roll thread.

    Links:
    OOC Thread
    Dice roll thread

    That's all! let's play some Dungeons and Dragons!
    Last edited by Atsull; 2014-10-19 at 12:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venger
    gnome"Toss me"
    goliath"wut"
    gnome"I don't have any ranks in jump, you'll have to toss me"
    goliath"lolk"
    gnome"KNIFE EYE ATTAAAAAAACK!"
    PbP games I'm in or DMing for:

    Ivellios in 'The Necromancer!'

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ElfMonkGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Thael Adventures

    Boyminster. Many names could accurately describe this place. The city of Faith. The City of Secrets. An Island of civilization in a land full of goblin hideouts and bandit camps, ripe for the taking by those brave enough to arm themselves against the dangers. It is here where you will make your fortune.

    You've all contacted each other and agreed to meet here, at a tavern in the city's stone district. It is many people's favorite place in the city. Originally a Dwarven ghetto, the buildings here are built out of sturdy, ornate stone to remind the inhabitants of their subterranean origins. It has since become a thriving merchant and recreation quarter, with lounges, clubs, and several squares in it. The 5 of you stand outside 'The Piligrim's Crossbow', the tavern you've agreed to meet at. A large oak message and job board stand to the left of the solid granite doorframe. The dark oak door is completely open, a small pouch filled with sand sits at the bottom of the door stops it from closing. A quick glance inside reveals a large, lively restaurant and pub inside. tired workers kindle mugs of ale at the bar, groups of dwarves gable loudly at some of the table, and a few merchants, mostly elves, show off mystical and powerful looking weapons and jewelry. It's a nice place, but definitely not as fancy as some of the elven wine establishments that can be found in the area.

    Spoiler: Message Board Jobs/Advertisements
    Show

    Only two jobs can be found that you deem appropriate for an adventurer of your cailber.

    A local Lord has experienced several attempts on his life since he has moved into his new home here in Boyminster. He feels his normal footsoldiers are not up to the task, and he wishes for a party of adventurers to assist him until he can mend affairs with the local rich. He offers 200 gold pieces to each guard in advance, and 85 gold pieces for every week of work after the initial payment. He also offers services from his smith, bowmaster, and armorer. He is not willing to pay for more than 7 indiviudals. Please contact Lord Nuyle of Mohel. Location information can be found in the palace.

    A landowner has suffered attacks on the serf villages on his property from local goblins, and wishes to have their hideout cleansed. He offers 600 gold pieces to the party who brings him the head of their leader. Please contact the Glimroh house. Location information can be found in the palace.

    Last edited by Atsull; 2014-10-19 at 11:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venger
    gnome"Toss me"
    goliath"wut"
    gnome"I don't have any ranks in jump, you'll have to toss me"
    goliath"lolk"
    gnome"KNIFE EYE ATTAAAAAAACK!"
    PbP games I'm in or DMing for:

    Ivellios in 'The Necromancer!'

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Thael Adventures

    Kanthal walks over to the message board, and reads the job descriptions.

    Wow, that guard job pays more gold than I've seen in my life! I only have two silver pieces in my pocket right now, but after a week of guard duty I'll have more than a thousand times that. Besides, I may befriend this lord, which could prove useful.

    The goblin-hunting job also pays extravagantly, but I think it's barbaric.

    Kanthal points out the job offers to the others for discussion.

    Look at the wages on these! What do you guys think about some nice guard duty?
    Last edited by The Great Wyrm; 2014-10-17 at 07:42 PM.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Thael Adventures

    A dwarf dressed in studded leather carrying an extremely large axe and wearing goggles arrives. He nods at Kanthal and reads the board for himself. Goblins? Vankril spits. I say we grab a quick meal inside, go clear out the goblins then get back to the guard duty. Shouldn't take that long. We get both wages that way. Someone else tries to take the guard job in the meantime and we can just show the lord we're better.
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Avakuss for kinem's Planescape: Center of All
    Sgt Ladaran Xiloscient for MrAbdiel's D&D-Day: The Ballad of Echo Company (WW2 with D&D Rules)
    Ganzak for Toliudar's Coming Unstuck

    Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: Thael Adventures

    Gazala runs a thumb across her mouth. "I'm with the dwarf. Once the goblin job is done, it's done, and we can look to more--civilized--employment." She gives the druid a sharp glance. "With the bodyguarding, we could be stuck with it for months, never dare to let our guard down, and we'd never know who to trust. If I had wanted to earn a steady paycheck while surrounded by lethal scheming, I'd have gone to work for Uncle Gendo."

    She flexes her fingers. "Besides, bodyguarding calls for a quite broad skillset. The patience to be with your employer all the time, the discretion to be almost invisible when doing so, the perception to tell at a glance when someone is possibly a danger--or even to tell when the fact you don't see anything at all means danger. I don't think we are yet equipped for that. Really, this upwardly-mobile individual should seek out my mother's bodyguard. He was very diligent. Even guarded her in bed." She looks a little uncertain. "Yes. I'm very sure that's what he was doing."

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ElfMonkGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Thael Adventures

    A Human, a Half-Orc, and a Halfling leave the pub. They're heavily armed, and obviously experienced. The Half-Orc chuckles at something the halfling said before the Human, dressed in Paladin's armor, sticks out his arm to stop them. They glance at the job board, then at you, then at the board. they quickly huddle, talking quickly and quietly.

    A few of you overhear the halfling say "They're newcomers! They probably just want to go kill some pigs or something." The Paladin says something along the lines of "Fine, but we have to ask!". After about 40 seconds of fierce discussion, the paladin approaches you and points to the goblin job.

    "You brave warriors look like you may be interested in this job." He says. "We have some business to attend to in that area and would love to complete that along the way. Did you fine souls have your eyes on that, or may we take it?" Sense motive and such could reveal true reasons about asking you, or how much they care.
    Last edited by Atsull; 2014-10-17 at 11:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venger
    gnome"Toss me"
    goliath"wut"
    gnome"I don't have any ranks in jump, you'll have to toss me"
    goliath"lolk"
    gnome"KNIFE EYE ATTAAAAAAACK!"
    PbP games I'm in or DMing for:

    Ivellios in 'The Necromancer!'

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: Thael Adventures

    Spoiler: Sense Motive:
    Show
    (1d20)[3]


    Gazala gives the Paladin a bored look. "Killed all the pigs you can eat, have you?" And then, because its a fair question: "We're still tossing up. Chopperchap and myself here want to take the job, Bearhugger wants to spend his days indoors eyeing up the chambermaids, and the rest here have yet to express an opinion."

    She turns to the group and claps her hands together twice. "Hwaet! That was the voice of destiny! Chase goblins or spend the next few months conducting body cavity searches of unwashed tradesmen! Speak now to decide your fate!"

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ElfMonkGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Thael Adventures

    After Gazala's comment, the Half-Orc places his right hand on the handle of his glaive. The halfling places his hand on his arm, and comforts him.

    The paladin scans the party, before turning to Vankril. He seems to assume that Vankril is the leader, and quickly speaks to him. "We should be going soon, so if you could get that crotchety half-fiend under control, and let the rest of your group come up with a reasonable consensus, it would be great." He glances at Gazala, not with hatred or judgement, but with the look of someone who is just tired of jokes, as if humor has failed him.

    You feel like you didn't do a very good job of probing the adventurer's inner thoughts, but it would take a heaping dose of ignorance to not notice on thing: These people tired, and not just the simple kind caused by hard work or lack of sleep. Something is seriously nagging these men.

    A better sense motive check might discover what's troubling them, or a decent diplomacy would likely allow you to ask them politely.
    Last edited by Atsull; 2014-10-18 at 12:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venger
    gnome"Toss me"
    goliath"wut"
    gnome"I don't have any ranks in jump, you'll have to toss me"
    goliath"lolk"
    gnome"KNIFE EYE ATTAAAAAAACK!"
    PbP games I'm in or DMing for:

    Ivellios in 'The Necromancer!'

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: Thael Adventures

    Gazala takes a few moments to register that "crotchety-half-fiend" might refer to her. Then sighs. She'd normally ignore this sort of thing, but it's been a tiresome few days."That's right,soldier. Insult us in front of our faces as though we can't hear you. Then specifically insult the one who's trying to move things along for your convenience. Very good. Paladin. For the record, in case you feel like reading a book sometime, my heritage is under Natural Knowledge, not Extraplanar. You should know it, it's the one with Nymphs bathing on the cover."

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ElfMonkGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Thael Adventures

    The paladin closes his eyes and bows down his head. he whispers an apology for his comment, before walking away slowly, as if he needs to think about something. The half-orc follows him, wrapping his arm around the human's shoulder. As they walk away, the halfling struts up and looks straight at you.

    "You know what? Nobody gives a dire rat's ass about your ancestry. Do you have any social skills, or are you just too stupid to tell when somebody is dealing with something? Look at that guy. Does he look like some ******* paladin here to stand up on his soapbox and preach? You think paladins just insult people at will? Or did you ever stop to think that maybe he was being so unnaturally rude because he was just upset?"

    The halfling shakes his head at you.

    We just fought a clan of vampires because they threatened a little girl, and you know what that guy had to do? He had to make a choice. Let the girl run, or sacrifice the girl and let the party leave. He had to make that choice, and because of it, two of our best people died. One just happened to be his wife. That guy just made the choice to let his wife die. You going to insult him now? You know what, we will take that job. maybe we can actually scrap together enough gold for a ressurection.

    The halfling grabs a piece of charcoal from his bag, and crosses out the goblin job. Watching the Halfling walk away, you can see him approaching the paladin, who is crying and rubbing his amulet with his thumb. the Half-orc stands next to him, comforting him.
    Last edited by Atsull; 2014-10-18 at 12:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venger
    gnome"Toss me"
    goliath"wut"
    gnome"I don't have any ranks in jump, you'll have to toss me"
    goliath"lolk"
    gnome"KNIFE EYE ATTAAAAAAACK!"
    PbP games I'm in or DMing for:

    Ivellios in 'The Necromancer!'

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: Thael Adventures

    Gazala listens calmly until half-way into the second paragraph, then breaks in with;"That's an awful lot of self-righteousness coming from the one who started the whole scene in the first place.. If you can't follow Common, you twit, I was trying to help you people. For which I was insulted. And what happens or has happened to you in the last few days is none of my business, nor my fault. Now get away from me. I keep my loose change somewhere else."

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ElfMonkGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Thael Adventures

    The Halfling looks surprised when you interrupt him. He's used to dominating a conversation. He listens until you finish speaking though. He starts walking away, but stop halfway and smiles at you.

    "You shouldn't fib about the location of currency. Tends to get you into trouble."

    He drops a small pouch in the middle of the street, then turns away and begins to walk away from you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venger
    gnome"Toss me"
    goliath"wut"
    gnome"I don't have any ranks in jump, you'll have to toss me"
    goliath"lolk"
    gnome"KNIFE EYE ATTAAAAAAACK!"
    PbP games I'm in or DMing for:

    Ivellios in 'The Necromancer!'

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: Thael Adventures

    Gazala gives a little facepalm. "I should feel bad about casting aspersions on the basis of racial stereotyping, but some people just don't help themselves. Somebody want to pick that up? I don't even own a pouch."

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ElfMonkGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Thael Adventures

    A quick feel of your pockets reveal that the few coins you had are now gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venger
    gnome"Toss me"
    goliath"wut"
    gnome"I don't have any ranks in jump, you'll have to toss me"
    goliath"lolk"
    gnome"KNIFE EYE ATTAAAAAAACK!"
    PbP games I'm in or DMing for:

    Ivellios in 'The Necromancer!'

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: Thael Adventures

    Gazala resists a sigh this time, and picks up the pouch. "Okay, I guess I do now." Although now I need to check Fighter to see if the little sneak's stolen anything else. Where's a scroll of genocide when you need one?

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ElfMonkGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Thael Adventures

    He didn't steal anything else.

    Inside the pouch is a small note saying:

    Don't mess with the Oslohgen Order. We can take a lot more than a few coins.
    Last edited by Atsull; 2014-10-18 at 02:15 AM. Reason: sent post too early
    Quote Originally Posted by Venger
    gnome"Toss me"
    goliath"wut"
    gnome"I don't have any ranks in jump, you'll have to toss me"
    goliath"lolk"
    gnome"KNIFE EYE ATTAAAAAAACK!"
    PbP games I'm in or DMing for:

    Ivellios in 'The Necromancer!'

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: Thael Adventures

    Gazala pitches her voice loud enough to be heard down the street. "What kind of sneakthief is stupid enough to leave a note with his groups affiliation? And what kind of Paladin associates with one? Well, thanks, boys. I'm sure the Watch and the Temple of Hieronymous will find this note a good home".

    She turns back to the others. "Sorry chaps, seems I've doomed us to indoor work with no heavy lifting".

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Thael Adventures

    Well, let's get on with it, then. I say we go to the palace to find out where we can meet Lord Nuyle.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ElfMonkGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Thael Adventures

    Your stomachs whimper, reminding you it's been at least 5 hours since you all last ate. Perhaps you should have something to eat here at the tavern, or you could try to get some food at Nuyle's manor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venger
    gnome"Toss me"
    goliath"wut"
    gnome"I don't have any ranks in jump, you'll have to toss me"
    goliath"lolk"
    gnome"KNIFE EYE ATTAAAAAAACK!"
    PbP games I'm in or DMing for:

    Ivellios in 'The Necromancer!'

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ElfMonkGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Thael Adventures

    <This is an OOC post>

    Unfortunately, TheThan had to pull out. If you don't remember, he was going to play Evelyn Blackheart, a sorcerer. I'm going to control Evelyn for a while, but then she'll probably leave the group.

    Sorry to put this in the game thread, but I wanted to make sure everyone read it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venger
    gnome"Toss me"
    goliath"wut"
    gnome"I don't have any ranks in jump, you'll have to toss me"
    goliath"lolk"
    gnome"KNIFE EYE ATTAAAAAAACK!"
    PbP games I'm in or DMing for:

    Ivellios in 'The Necromancer!'

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ElfMonkGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Thael Adventures

    A voice comes from back of the group: "I think we should grab something to eat here, sleep, and then head to Nuyle's manor." It comes from a Evelyn, who looks very hungry. Does that sound good to everybody?
    Quote Originally Posted by Venger
    gnome"Toss me"
    goliath"wut"
    gnome"I don't have any ranks in jump, you'll have to toss me"
    goliath"lolk"
    gnome"KNIFE EYE ATTAAAAAAACK!"
    PbP games I'm in or DMing for:

    Ivellios in 'The Necromancer!'

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Thael Adventures

    Sounds fine to me, although I don't want to spend too much.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Thael Adventures

    If ya want to be around nobles, ya need to be be able to show respect and restraint. That Paladin did give some apology which was probably a lot for him. It does seem weird they are going from a clan of vampires to a goblin lair. Maybe the whole goblin thing was just messing with us. For now, let's eat.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Blasted time zone differences...
    Sense Motive (1d20)[14]
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Avakuss for kinem's Planescape: Center of All
    Sgt Ladaran Xiloscient for MrAbdiel's D&D-Day: The Ballad of Echo Company (WW2 with D&D Rules)
    Ganzak for Toliudar's Coming Unstuck

    Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ElfMonkGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Thael Adventures

    Spoiler: Sense motive results
    Show
    Those men were obviously tired and not thinking rationally. Losing someone has really messed them up.


    Yas and Reality Glitch are entering the tavern with you guys because they haven't responded yet and I don't think they'll mind.

    This is a very large, nice pub. A long bar sits to your left. Two bartenders running around behind it, serving drinks and making conversation. A large menu, written with fancy gold lettering, is nailed in above the bar. Waiters weave through the tables, Dwarves laugh, Merchants sell their wares, and Workers relax after a day's work at the tables. Some Dwarves, who are gambling, eye Vankril over with an inviting look. An Elf merchant glances at you, but looks back to her customers quickly. You spot an empty table to the right, but the bar also looks inviting.

    Spoiler: Menu
    Show

    DRINKS

    Mug of RumbleHump Perry ......................................... 2cp
    Glass of Herrburry's Black Stout .................................. 3cp
    Mug of StoneHammer's Dwarven Ale..............................4cp
    Glass of Berrubee's Gray Elf Wine..................................6cp
    Glass of Mellug's Red Ale..............................................1 cp
    Pitcher of Herrburry Stout............................................. 1sp
    Pitcher of StoneHammer's..................................... ..1sp 2cp
    Bottle of Berrubee's........................................ ..............2sp

    FOOD

    Leg of Lamb with Honey Reduction.................................1sp
    Tomato Cream Soup.............................................. .......8cp
    Porridge with Berries and Honey.....................................6cp
    Baked Onion with Chives and Garlic................................4cp
    Wild Boar with Goat Cheese.....................................2sp 6cp
    Roast Chicken with Tarragon....................................1sp 1cp
    Pig Shoulder with Garlic............................................ .....8cp

    One pitcher/Bottle = 6 glasses
    Last edited by Atsull; 2014-10-18 at 02:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venger
    gnome"Toss me"
    goliath"wut"
    gnome"I don't have any ranks in jump, you'll have to toss me"
    goliath"lolk"
    gnome"KNIFE EYE ATTAAAAAAACK!"
    PbP games I'm in or DMing for:

    Ivellios in 'The Necromancer!'

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Thael Adventures

    It would be bad to meet the noble while drunk. Let's just get food, no drinks.

    Wow, this restaurant sure is expensive. But I guess we're going to get paid soon, so why not splurge?

    Kanthal gets a seat at the empty table and orders the pig shoulder.

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ElfMonkGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Thael Adventures

    A waitress weaves through the tables to get to you, then notes your order on a pad.

    "You sure you don't want anything to drink, honey?" She says, after you ask for the Pork Shoulder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venger
    gnome"Toss me"
    goliath"wut"
    gnome"I don't have any ranks in jump, you'll have to toss me"
    goliath"lolk"
    gnome"KNIFE EYE ATTAAAAAAACK!"
    PbP games I'm in or DMing for:

    Ivellios in 'The Necromancer!'

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Thael Adventures

    Yeah, I'm sure. I've seen drink bring many a good man down, so I don't touch alcohol.

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ElfMonkGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Thael Adventures

    "Mmmm'kay. Will you be wanting to rent a room tonight?"
    Last edited by Atsull; 2014-10-18 at 02:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venger
    gnome"Toss me"
    goliath"wut"
    gnome"I don't have any ranks in jump, you'll have to toss me"
    goliath"lolk"
    gnome"KNIFE EYE ATTAAAAAAACK!"
    PbP games I'm in or DMing for:

    Ivellios in 'The Necromancer!'

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    New Zealand

    Default Re: Thael Adventures

    Spoiler: Sense Motive
    Show
    Sense Motive - (1d20+2)[18]


    The human-like or one who dressed like a human with a scholarly look watches from a distance. After from a day of fieldwork, he foraged some alchemical materials and was to rendezvous with his comrades that he met during his long stay. But as soon as he got there, he finds Gazala in a heated conversation with three people while others is staying out of it. A paladin, a half-orc fighter and a Halfling thief by the looks of it. They were arguing over the missions displayed on the advertisement board. He tries to read the reason before they leave, peers at the board and chuckles before his joining his companions.

    Tough luck, eh, Gazala? You should have came up with a better diction for persuasion rather than insults. Well, it is not entirely unsalvageable but 200 gold in advance is pretty secured for a dull and static job.

    He chuckles again, glancing at the waitress.

    I will have the porridge.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2014-10-18 at 07:25 PM.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Thael Adventures

    If we can get the guard job today, it will provide us with a place to stay.

    Spoiler: OOC Question
    Show
    What time of day is it? Do we have a reasonable chance of meeting the lord before nightfall?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •