New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: All the Path of War Guides in One Place!

Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I'll go ahead and add this to the list of guides. Nice work!
    Thanks!

I've started a new thread for this guide to avoid clogging up this one. It can be found here.

I replied to the last few posts in this thread there.
    Last edited by TiaC; 2018-10-18 at 02:01 PM.

2. - Top - End - #542
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TiaC View Post
    I started a guide here. Please give me feedback.
    Also, you seem to not like the Stalker's recovery mechanic. The archetype, Spirit Stalker, I think, has a claim mechanic that is quite good.

Ed: sorry, pasted response to other thread.
    Last edited by Sunforger42; 2018-10-18 at 10:54 PM.

3. - Top - End - #543
    Pixie in the Playground

Just a minor comment on Radiant Dawn: The Sun's Gleam attack only works with maneuvers you can invest essence into. This means that unless you pick up Sunrise, High Noon, or Sunset, it only works with Radiant Dawn maneuvers. If you do have one of those feats, it works with any maneuver that calls for a ranged attack.

4. - Top - End - #544
    Pixie in the Playground

I would also love a rubato handbook. Tempo with bardic music and awakened Animus seems good.

5. - Top - End - #545
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sunforger42 View Post
    I would also love a rubato handbook. Tempo with bardic music and awakened Animus seems good.
    Then you should write one! It's much easier than you think, and you'll learn a lot about the archetype as you go through. The hardest part is just getting it all set up and organized.

Remember, if you want something done right, you should do it yourself!

6. - Top - End - #546
    Pixie in the Playground

I just realized after rereading like three times that monk of the silver first doesn't get flurry of blows. Does this mean if they have two gauntlets, one is an of game weapon? That I'd have to get two weapon fighting feats if I wanted to punch with both fists effectively?

7. - Top - End - #547
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I just realized after rereading like three times that monk of the silver first doesn't get flurry of blows. Does this mean if they have two gauntlets, one is an of game weapon? That I'd have to get two weapon fighting feats if I wanted to punch with both fists effectively?
    If you want to "flurry" you have myriad options: broken blade and thrashing dragon both offer maneuvers that allow you to "flurry" but better with multiple hits, no accuracy penalty and a damage bonus. Other disciplines offer variations on multi-attack maneuvers as well.

Stylistically, the MotSF borrows a bit from 3.5's decisive strike ACF for the monk. It is intended to use powerful single attacks as part of its design. You can always change this through the use of feats or discipline swaps.

8. - Top - End - #548
    Pixie in the Playground

If you want to "flurry" you have myriad options: broken blade and thrashing dragon both offer maneuvers that allow you to "flurry" but better with multiple hits, no accuracy penalty and a damage bonus. Other disciplines offer variations on multi-attack maneuvers as well.

Stylistically, the MotSF borrows a bit from 3.5's decisive strike ACF for the monk. It is intended to use powerful single attacks as part of its design. You can always change this through the use of feats or discipline swaps.
    Also, I guess, if you are two weapon fighting with two gauntlets, do you get the shield bonus for each of them?

9. - Top - End - #549
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Also, I guess, if you are two weapon fighting with two gauntlets, do you get the shield bonus for each of them?
    Shield bonuses don't stack, so no.

10. - Top - End - #550
    Pixie in the Playground

Shield bonuses don't stack, so no.
    So when a warder dual wields two shields, they don't get twice the bonus? I feel like that doesn't make sense.

11. - Top - End - #551
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

So when a warder dual wields two shields, they don't get twice the bonus? I feel like that doesn't make sense.
    No they do not. I didn't write that rule, Paizo (actually WotC) did.

12. - Top - End - #552
    Pixie in the Playground

I'm also curious. When a warder uses a full round action to recover maneuvers, he gets something like combat expertise with his initiation modifier instead of dexterity. Is that all the time, like it's a bonus feat, or just when he's recovering maneuvers?

13. - Top - End - #553
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I'm also curious. When a warder uses a full round action to recover maneuvers, he gets something like combat expertise with his initiation modifier instead of dexterity. Is that all the time, like it's a bonus feat, or just when he's recovering maneuvers?
    Some jackass wrote a bunch of guides for a lot of the PoW classes, but now he's lazy and says he won't do any more of them because "he wrote the actual books and that's a conflict of interest" or something.

Still, if you peruse those guides, you might find answers to a lot of your questions.

Spoiler
    Show

Also, anyone reading this, please consider writing up some other guides for the additional PoW:E material. I know the internet and I will both appreciate it.

14. - Top - End - #554
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Okay, feel free to laugh at me, but my last post was because I thought this was the FAQ thread. To answer your question, the warder always has extra AoOs.

15. - Top - End - #555
    Pixie in the Playground

Okay, feel free to laugh at me, but my last post was because I thought this was the FAQ thread. To answer your question, the warder always has extra AoOs.
    I won't laugh. Actually, even though that post made me feel a little silly, you were right about your guides answering some of my questions. I do have one, though, that isn't covered by your guides and is probably not that frequently asked. Let's say I've multiclassed with MotSF and Fiendbound Marauder, creating a fiend's grip over my gauntlets. Do they still count as bucklers for the shielding fist ability? Also, does the shielding fist ability count as improved shield bash for any purposes, since they both grant the ability to make attacks and continue to enjoy the shield bonus of your "bucklers"?
    Last edited by Sunforger42; 2018-11-18 at 07:45 PM.

16. - Top - End - #556
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I won't laugh. Actually, even though that post made me feel a little silly, you were right about your guides answering some of my questions. I do have one, though, that isn't covered by your guides and is probably not that frequently asked. Let's say I've multiclassed with MotSF and Fiendbound Marauder, creating a fiend's grip over my gauntlets. Do they still count as bucklers for the shielding fist ability? Also, does the shielding fist ability count as improved shield bash for any purposes, since they both grant the ability to make attacks and continue to enjoy the shield bonus of your "bucklers"?
    Nothing the FBM does would prevent the Monk from having their buckler bonus. The shielding fist ability doesn't count as improved shield bash for anything. It's not mentioned in the ability text at all:

At 1st level, so long as the monk of the silver fist is wearing gauntlets, he gains a +1 shield bonus to his AC, and treats his gauntlets as bucklers in addition to their normal effects. If is gauntlets are enchanted, he applies their enhancement bonus on attack and damage rolls and to this shield bonus as well. In addition, a monk of the silver fist can wear gauntlets and use them as a shield without interfering losing the benefit of his AC bonus class feature.
    You can pick up improved shield bash and buckler bash via MotSF bonus feats however.

17. - Top - End - #557
    Ettin in the Playground

this will be useful

18. - Top - End - #558
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Zhentarim View Post
    this will be useful
    That's the hope. Though I do have to point out that these guides are often incomplete because I won't write guides for classes or material that I authored, so I am at the mercy of the playground to fill in the missing pieces.

19. - Top - End - #559
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

All I want for Christmas is a Medic Guide. Or a Phoenix Champion guide.

20. - Top - End - #560
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

All I want for Christmas is a Medic Guide. Or a Phoenix Champion guide.
    Is the Medic still in playtest? I haven't heard much about it in recent months. I could maybe try writing the guide now that my semester is over, possibly. Just not sure if I'd be working with the current version.
    My Homebrew
    Healer: Pathfinder remake of the 3.5 class of the same name. Light, restoration, and more positive energy effects than you can shake a cleric at.

21. - Top - End - #561
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ElFi View Post
    Is the Medic still in playtest? I haven't heard much about it in recent months. I could maybe try writing the guide now that my semester is over, possibly. Just not sure if I'd be working with the current version.
    No, it's been published for over two years now. I keep the Playtest document available (and its rules text is identical to the published version barring formatting) because I can't get anyone to put it on the PFSRD.

22. - Top - End - #562
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

No, it's been published for over two years now. I keep the Playtest document available (and its rules text is identical to the published version barring formatting) because I can't get anyone to put it on the PFSRD.
    Huh. Shows how much I know. I'll see about starting something up in the next few weeks.
    My Homebrew
    Healer: Pathfinder remake of the 3.5 class of the same name. Light, restoration, and more positive energy effects than you can shake a cleric at.

23. - Top - End - #563
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ElFi View Post
    Huh. Shows how much I know. I'll see about starting something up in the next few weeks.
    Thank you! You really have no idea how much I appreciate it!

24. - Top - End - #564

Imp

All I want for Christmas is a guide on Fool's Errand, Unquiet Grave, and Chimera Soul.

25. - Top - End - #565
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kaouse View Post
    All I want for Christmas is a guide on Fool's Errand, Unquiet Grave, and Chimera Soul.
    You're on your own for Chimera Soul. I can't help you with that one.

26. - Top - End - #566

Planetar

I'm working on a Veiled Lord guide; you haven't touched on it, and it opens up a lot of Akashic stuff.
    Last edited by Ninjaxenomorph; 2019-05-18 at 01:11 PM.

27. - Top - End - #567
    Halfling in the Playground

When employing a polearm one handed using the Piercing Thunder stance, Phalanx Lancer, do you still maintain
    the reach of the polearm?

28. - Top - End - #568
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dude_Here View Post
    When employing a polearm one handed using the Piercing Thunder stance, Phalanx Lancer, do you still maintain
    the reach of the polearm?
    Yes. The reach property says nothing about requiring two hands.

29. - Top - End - #569
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Castilonium View Post
    Yes. The reach property says nothing about requiring two hands.
    Thanks.

One more thing I forgot to ask is whether combat maneuvers can be executed without penalty while in this stance.

I also noticed if you wanted to perform a shield bash while using a polearm you would have to make a 5' step up
    between attacks since shields do not have reach. Is this permitted?

30. - Top - End - #570
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dude_Here View Post
    Thanks.

One more thing I forgot to ask is whether combat maneuvers can be executed without penalty while in this stance.

I also noticed if you wanted to perform a shield bash while using a polearm you would have to make a 5' step up
    between attacks since shields do not have reach. Is this permitted?
    I can't identify any reason for a penalty for combat maneuvers with the stance, so combat maneuver away!

Perfectly legal to take a 5 foot step between the attacks. In fact, you can do this with any full attack.
    The New Soulknife Handbook!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercenary Pen View Post
    And there I was thinking that Midichlorian counts were a variety of force-sensitive hereditary noble- most notably Dooku.