Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920
Results 571 to 584 of 584
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MonkGirl

    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: All the Path of War Guides in One Place!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaouse View Post
    All I want for Christmas is a guide on Fool's Errand, Unquiet Grave, and Chimera Soul.
    I've got a Fool's Errand guide, that do anything for you?
    The Library of Metzofitz: An up-to-date reference document for all of your Akashic, Path of War, and Psionic needs. In the works: Gonzo and Legendary material.

    Pathfinder Caster Spreadsheet: For when you need to check if there's a spontaneous caster Witch or a Charisma-based Alchemist (the answer is yes). Includes manifesters, initiators, and veilweavers. Now with a colorblind version!

    Akashic Character Sheet: Tracks invested Essence, plenty of space for veils and other Akashic hullabaloo.

  2. - Top - End - #572
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Various Places
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: All the Path of War Guides in One Place!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kris Moonhand View Post
    I've got a Fool's Errand guide, that do anything for you?
    I'll go ahead and add this to the first post with your permission. I think I'll just keep it separate for now, it might be time to reorganize how these guides are done.

  3. - Top - End - #573
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    San Antonio.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: All the Path of War Guides in One Place!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kris Moonhand View Post
    I've got a Fool's Errand guide, that do anything for you?
    Heh, looks like someone beat me to it. I will say that Fool's Errand Style makes the 'Dance' maneuvers very versatile to those that are more mix-up specialists than true unarmed masters; no-save Sicken/Entangled is a great thing to drop on some poor bastard as you drag him around with Tempest Tango Blitz. Also, if you are ever looking at items for the guide, Bodywrap of Mighty Strikes helped my FE Warlord a lot (he was a mix-up combatant, using a greatsword for most attacks).

  4. - Top - End - #574
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MonkGirl

    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: All the Path of War Guides in One Place!

    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I'll go ahead and add this to the first post with your permission. I think I'll just keep it separate for now, it might be time to reorganize how these guides are done.
    Fine by me~

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaxenomorph View Post
    Heh, looks like someone beat me to it. I will say that Fool's Errand Style makes the 'Dance' maneuvers very versatile to those that are more mix-up specialists than true unarmed masters; no-save Sicken/Entangled is a great thing to drop on some poor bastard as you drag him around with Tempest Tango Blitz. Also, if you are ever looking at items for the guide, Bodywrap of Mighty Strikes helped my FE Warlord a lot (he was a mix-up combatant, using a greatsword for most attacks).
    That's a very good point. If you're taking that feat, you're probably a lock user in the first place.

    I don't really have any plans to do items, that's a bit out of the scope of a Discipline guide. Although I will say that the Bodywrap of Mighty Strikes is pretty inferior to the Amulet of Mighty Fists (or the new handwraps item) for a full unarmed character.
    The Library of Metzofitz: An up-to-date reference document for all of your Akashic, Path of War, and Psionic needs. In the works: Gonzo and Legendary material.

    Pathfinder Caster Spreadsheet: For when you need to check if there's a spontaneous caster Witch or a Charisma-based Alchemist (the answer is yes). Includes manifesters, initiators, and veilweavers. Now with a colorblind version!

    Akashic Character Sheet: Tracks invested Essence, plenty of space for veils and other Akashic hullabaloo.

  5. - Top - End - #575
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    San Antonio.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: All the Path of War Guides in One Place!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kris Moonhand View Post
    I don't really have any plans to do items, that's a bit out of the scope of a Discipline guide. Although I will say that the Bodywrap of Mighty Strikes is pretty inferior to the Amulet of Mighty Fists (or the new handwraps item) for a full unarmed character.
    That's the point, the bodywrap gives the same bonus to unarmed attacks as a AoMF does, except in a better slot and cheaper (with the downside of only applying to as many attacks per round you get from your BAB). For a mixup specialist (someone who uses a weapon and unarmed attacks), you never use more than maybe three unarmed attacks per turn (and that's at a high level, usually enough to have three iterative attacks). Handwraps are more in line with normal magic weapons, except they only apply to hand-based unarmed attacks.

  6. - Top - End - #576
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MonkGirl

    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: All the Path of War Guides in One Place!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaxenomorph View Post
    That's the point, the bodywrap gives the same bonus to unarmed attacks as a AoMF does, except in a better slot and cheaper (with the downside of only applying to as many attacks per round you get from your BAB). For a mixup specialist (someone who uses a weapon and unarmed attacks), you never use more than maybe three unarmed attacks per turn (and that's at a high level, usually enough to have three iterative attacks). Handwraps are more in line with normal magic weapons, except they only apply to hand-based unarmed attacks.
    Yeah, me and everyone I play with usually just ignores that "hand" restriction.
    The Library of Metzofitz: An up-to-date reference document for all of your Akashic, Path of War, and Psionic needs. In the works: Gonzo and Legendary material.

    Pathfinder Caster Spreadsheet: For when you need to check if there's a spontaneous caster Witch or a Charisma-based Alchemist (the answer is yes). Includes manifesters, initiators, and veilweavers. Now with a colorblind version!

    Akashic Character Sheet: Tracks invested Essence, plenty of space for veils and other Akashic hullabaloo.

  7. - Top - End - #577
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    San Antonio.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: All the Path of War Guides in One Place!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kris Moonhand View Post
    Yeah, me and everyone I play with usually just ignores that "hand" restriction.
    Well, I can only account for the rules as they are presented, not for if they are ignored.

  8. - Top - End - #578
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: All the Path of War Guides in One Place!

    If a character initiates the Phalanx Lancer stance and the person he interlocks shields with is flatfooted
    does the stance initiator receive the bonus to AC?
    And does the AC bonus work for the stance initiator and his teammate in a reverse case where the flat footed initiator has the stance on
    prior to combat ?

  9. - Top - End - #579
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: All the Path of War Guides in One Place!

    Can you use Path of War maneuvers when you are afforded an attack of opportunity?

  10. - Top - End - #580
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2007

    Default Re: All the Path of War Guides in One Place!

    No, they're standard actions.

  11. - Top - End - #581
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Sardinia, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: All the Path of War Guides in One Place!

    A question about the Rajah and the Demiurge veil... It counts against your binds? From what I can understand in RAW, it explicitly says "titles" when referring to the limit, and in the veil itself states Empowered Titles just as a requirement for the bind without the general headband chakra access

  12. - Top - End - #582
    Orc in the Playground
     
    RedKnightGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2015

    Default Re: All the Path of War Guides in One Place!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dude_Here View Post
    If a character initiates the Phalanx Lancer stance and the person he interlocks shields with is flatfooted
    does the stance initiator receive the bonus to AC?
    And does the AC bonus work for the stance initiator and his teammate in a reverse case where the flat footed initiator has the stance on
    prior to combat ?
    It's a shield bonus, so the bonus isn't lost from the flat-footed condition like dodge bonuses and your Dex bonus.

    Though the real answer is "it depends" because you can't take ordinarily take free actions unless it's your turn.

    If the initiator is in the stance and an ally uses the free action to lock shields, then either of them is attacked by a hidden enemy or the flat-footed condition is applied to them some other way, they keep the shield bonus.

    If they are "flat-footed" because they were ambushed, and the enemies roll higher in the initiative order and get to attack them before the ally can use the free action, they won't have the bonus yet because the ally hasn't spent the required action to lock shields.

    I suppose if they're in a dungeon crawl or other obviously dangerous situation it might make sense to allow them to begin the encounter with the bonus, since the bonus and the stance both have no listed duration, but I probably wouldn't let them travel overland in formation like that or anything.

  13. - Top - End - #583
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: All the Path of War Guides in One Place!

    The guy who wrote the Guide for the Zealot had Humans and Gnome's as a race in Red. (Meaning a poor choice)
    But Gnome's get a bonus to Charisma, and Human's get a free feat. They should at least be in Yellow or Blue.
    Just thought that was kinda stupid. When you make a guide you should try to be impartial.

  14. - Top - End - #584
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    upho's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: All the Path of War Guides in One Place!

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueWitch View Post
    The guy who wrote the Guide for the Zealot had Humans and Gnome's as a race in Red. (Meaning a poor choice)
    But Gnome's get a bonus to Charisma, and Human's get a free feat. They should at least be in Yellow or Blue.
    Just thought that was kinda stupid. When you make a guide you should try to be impartial.
    I think you're forgetting that these things are relative. In this case, especially the races which get the "+1/4 of a conviction" FCB are clearly superior; that's five extra bonus feats (or other potentially more useful benefits) over 20 levels. In the case of gnomes, they're also clearly less suitable for Dex-based zealots than all the Small races with a higher rating.

    If you haven't already, try reading through the whole section on races and you'll probably find you'll agree more with Castilonium's ratings.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •