Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 204
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Fate of Two Worlds IC

    You have each gathered to this tavern because of a unique talent you discovered while living your life. A trick that is supposed to be impossible. Magic. The domain of story and legends, and yet, here it is, right within your grasp. You sought out others to understand this impossible gift, and in doing so, found yourselves here, with each other. The four of you arrive and seat yourselves at the expected table, waiting to see who chooses to break the ice.
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    MonkGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2014

    Default Re: Fate of Two Worlds IC

    Garon coughs awkwardly to break the silence. The lightly tanned young man with a mop of brown hair that seems a bit thin for his age is usually not one to stumble on his words but today's occasion was a bit different.

    Taking a swig from the tankard before him, he begins "So we're all here today because we have some ... Quirky talents. Has anyone experienced any... Say, unusual side effects after using their powers?"
    Last edited by carnivoroustofu; 2014-10-30 at 10:48 AM.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Banned
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Fate of Two Worlds IC

    Neji, seeing how they finally started, gets her legs out of the table, puts her hat down and sits properly, isntead of making the chair balance on two legs. She adjusts her cloak a bit and looks at bron-haired human with her yellow eyes on amused, cat face.
    "Nope. No. Niet. Naa." She says wth humorous tone. "And by the way, it would be nice to introduce ourselves first. I'm Neji. Neji Abroshtor. Pronounce "neh-jee". Try calling me "Nyaa" and I'll shoot off your manhood." She says, with playfull, kinda mysterious look, with no real threat or malice in her voice.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    MonkGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2014

    Default Re: Fate of Two Worlds IC

    Garon places his tankard back down perfectly onto the ring of condensation it had left on the table and makes a quick mental note: Possible instability with long term use ? Must monitor personal mental state. "Ah yes of course. My name is Garon, Garon Lamon."

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fate of Two Worlds IC

    A gnome is sitting on one of the chairs. He has an extra prop to be able to see at level with the others. His purple hair is literally glittering as he seems so full of excitement that he is almost jumping on his chain. "Nathas Varam here. It's a pleasure to meet you all. Neji, Garon." he smiles widely as he surveys the others. "This is great. Magic really is the stuff of legend, so exciting." he shakes his head. "As for sideeffects, well accomplishing things I couldn't do before is more a direct result than a sideeffect, but I enjoy it. Were you thinking of anything specific?"

    The gnome is wearing no armor, but rather some loose clothes that makes it seem easy to move around. He does have a bunch of different weapons strapped on him though.
    Last edited by oyzar; 2014-10-31 at 12:14 PM.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    Default Re: Fate of Two Worlds IC

    The final group member finally spoke. Until now, she'd just been surveying the others in silence.

    "Dreiya Sullivan. No side effects so far."

    And that, it seemed, was that. Obviously a woman of few words. Her appearance was similarly understated. She looked like an ordinary villager who'd accidentally sat down at the wrong table.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: Fate of Two Worlds IC

    As the four of you get to talking to each other, you feel a strange and yet welcoming presence in the air. As it appears, you turn in time to see a body flying past you. Looking to see the source, you see four monsters, creatures you have yet to see outside of books. Three of them are small slightly airborne creatures with leathery wings and brown skin. The last, in the back, which appeared to be responsible for the thrown human, is larger than any humanoid you have seen before and yet appears to be made of ice. They are all roughly 30 foot away from you.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative
    Nathas 19
    Monster 4 17
    Garon 16
    Monster 3 15
    Neji 11
    Monster 1 11
    Monster 2 11
    Dreiya 9

    Players may post their actions in any order, and i will organize them properly.
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fate of Two Worlds IC

    During the talk Nathas was quite eager to share how the magic made him have a much brighter hope for the future. With it, he would be able to do deeds just like the heroes out of legend. He is barely able to contain his excitement, he is actually flashing bits of color and light here and there just for fun, effects provoked by his magic. The 3'5" gnome leaps out of his chair and storms towards the monsters while shouting "Monsters!". In one hand he whips out a chain with three knifeblades at the end and starts slowly spinning it. His other hand starts whiping back and forth while he utters "Sendoji la belele, conzumi nef tata." His hand turns towards the monsters, palm out as a vivid spray of color shower the flying beasts, blues, yellows, reds, purples and greens.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    Move action move towards the creatures, draw his Flying Talon.
    Standard Action Color Spray as many of the monsters as possible (in the tight quarters I imagine he can hit at least the three flying ones, not sure about the last one). DC 19 Will
    Spoiler: Effect of color spray
    Show
    8 HD or less: The creature is unconscious, blinded, and stunned for 2d4 rounds, then blinded and stunned for 1d4 rounds, and then stunned for 1 round. (Only living creatures are knocked unconscious.)

    9 or 10 HD: The creature is blinded and stunned for 1d4 rounds, then stunned for 1 round.

    11 or more HD: The creature is stunned for 1 round.

    He will also start his Coat of Many Stars (4 hours remaining today, which will last for at least an hour at a time) Edit: Can't do two standard Actions.
    Status:
    HP: 45
    AC: 14, though will probably use dodging panache for +6 AC on the first attack.
    Last edited by oyzar; 2014-10-31 at 03:43 PM.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    Default Re: Fate of Two Worlds IC

    Dreiya was just as slow to attack as she had been to talk. While everyone else rushed to strike one another, she leisurely drew her bow. Her eyes flickered between the various enemies, in search of the most injured one. She fired but a single arrow.


    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

    Dreiya activates Perfect Strike, and fires an arrow at the most injured monster.

    Attack {Includes Deadly Aim and Point Blank Shot}: (1d20+10)[29]/(1d20+10)[14]; Damage: (1d8+5)[11]

    Edit: Forgot the damage bonus from Point Blank Shot. The damage should be 12, instead of 11.
    Last edited by Anyr; 2014-10-31 at 03:32 PM.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Banned
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Fate of Two Worlds IC

    "Nice to meet you all." Neji says, looking at other threee, especially at Nathas. She was interested when he's going to ask about her very gnomish name, always willing to brag about her family. But then somebody flew over her head. And then monsters showed up. And, while she hasn't had time to, others could easily notice, that her white fur suddenly became completely black.
    Uh-oh. Trouble." She sais, picking up her firearms. She moves toward the flying creatures, to get in the range and then shots two nearest her.
    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    Drawing weapons as a free action.
    Move action towards flying creatures.
    Once she is in range, she shots two of the flying creatures.
    twf attack vs touch AC
    (1d20+5)[20] dmg (1d8)[2]
    (1d20+5)[10] dmg (1d8)[2]

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    MonkGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2014

    Default Re: Fate of Two Worlds IC

    "Well... There's the matter of... What the-" Garon stops abruptly as the remainder of his hair sheds off his head onto the table and floor. Not that anyone else noticed as a body was flung to towards them. Ducking under the table to get the rest of his hair before it got trampled by the inevitable stampede, Garon grabs his bow and turns to the monsters, "DID YOU DO THIS?! I'LL KILL YOU! I'LL KILL YOU ALL!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Body of the night stance, stealth under the table (1d20+15)[32]. And grabbing his bow and quiver.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: Fate of Two Worlds IC

    The four of you leap into action as others in the tavern start to run. As quickly as it started, Nathas launches his cone of color, a power that feels almost natural to him as it envelops the three flying creatures with its light. The three of them all collapse, crashing to the ground as though immobilized by the shock. The creature in the back that was out of range of the spell charges through his companions, as though they didn't matter, lunging its body into the first responder, however, with surprising agility, Nathas launches out with his weapon, causing the creature to fall head over heels at his feet like a rag doll. Garon slides under the table, hiding from sight of creatures, preparing himself for a sneaky strike, while both Neji and Dreiya launch attacks at the collapsed creatures, not a single shot missing between the two of them.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Monsters 1,2, and 3 are all unconscious for (2d4)[3] rounds, blinded for (1d4)[1] rounds, and stunned for an extra round beyond that.

    Attack roll (1d20+11)[23] (Assuming Nathas activates his panache ability in response to this)
    Damage (1d6+3)[9] + (1d6)[4]


    Monster 4 is presently prone.
    Last edited by meemaas; 2014-11-01 at 05:52 PM.
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    Default Re: Fate of Two Worlds IC

    Two more arrows sang from Dreiya's bow: This time at the only creature still conscious. With the enemy so heavily outnumbered, she saw no need to push herself.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Arrow 1: (1d20+9)[25]; Crit confirm: (1d20+9)[29]; Damage: (1d8+6)[14]
    Arrow 2: (1d20+9)[21]; Crit confirm: (1d20+9)[22]; Damage: (1d8+6)[7]

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Banned
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Fate of Two Worlds IC

    Neji doesn't waste time and shots the last still standing creature with both guns. Whatever Nathas did, she hopes it'll keep the other creatures occupied enough for her to reaload after that.
    Spoiler: rolls
    Show

    full round action to shoot that last opponent with both guns.
    (1d20+5)[14] dmg (1d8)[1]
    (1d20+5)[15] dmg (1d8)[8]

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fate of Two Worlds IC

    Nathas swings his bladed chain at the creature's feet as it charges towards him. Upon successfully felling the creature he twirls the weapon in an arc over his head bringing the blades to stab into the flesh of the creature. "Don't worry about the flying things, they are out for a while. Help me finish off this one." He takes a step back, he can't quite strike at the creature if it stands up, but he can fell it again if it moves closer.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    Attack (1d20+8)[22]
    Damage (1d3+6)[9]
    Critical Confirm (1d20+8)[19]
    Critical Damage Damage (1d3+2)[5]

    AoO:
    Trip (1d20+8)[27]
    5 foot step away from the creature after attacking so he ends up 15 feet away.

    Status:
    AC: 14
    HP: 45/45
    Level 1 spells used: 1/8
    Last edited by oyzar; 2014-11-01 at 06:26 PM.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    MonkGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2014

    Default Re: Fate of Two Worlds IC

    Garon steadies his aim after a quick exhalation and lets loose a single arrow at the fallen monster, his potential outburst quelled only temporarily by the almost instinctive habit of being quiet when he was being sneaky.

    Spoiler
    Show
    attack (1d20+8)[24]
    bow damage (1d8+1)[8]
    body of the night bonus (1d6)[3]
    deadly strike (1d8)[7]
    total damage: 18
    sneaking after sniping (1d20-5)[10] (+15, -20 from sneaking after sniping)
    Last edited by carnivoroustofu; 2014-11-03 at 11:38 AM.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: Fate of Two Worlds IC

    After striking out at the weakened creature, Nathas steps away, lashing out his weapon at the creature as soon as it stands up and closes in on him. With an impressive sweep, he knocks it back off its feet, almost making it regret having gotten up in the first place. As the other three launch out their projectiles at the creature, it is clear that it has taken far too much punishment, the creatures body shattering into chunks of ice.

    As the party prepares to take care of the helpless creatures, a man steps into the door, clapping his hands slowly as he immediately draws some degree of attention from the party. Another one comes running in behind him and bolts into the back room while the first comes to speak to you.

    "Well, if this wasn't a surprise. Usually when they attack they manage to kill a fair number of people before their portal fades away. And to find so many magic capable people in one place?" He tilts his head towards the people who didn't show their magic. "Yes, yes, i can see it in your eyes. And your movements. The magic enhances them beyond that of an ordinary human. Maybe you felt it."
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    Default Re: Fate of Two Worlds IC

    Dreiya shrugged.

    "Not really. I've always moved this way. Who are you?"

    She carefully studied the newcomer. Her bow hung conspicuously at one side, ready for use.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Banned
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Fate of Two Worlds IC

    "I am as graceful as ever." Neji starts reloading her guns. "I'm also fastest gun o nthis side of nearest river, my smile can kill and my snowwhite fur is..." And then she catches a glimpse of her in the mirror. "What! The! @#$%?! She yells loudly, for the first time noticing her fur is now completely black.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fate of Two Worlds IC

    Nathas summons a set of bright disks around himself, glittering like stars. He takes a wary step toward the man, bladed chain slowly waving at the ready. "Are you the cause of all this?" His normal smile is replaced by a grim expression as he studies the man.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: Fate of Two Worlds IC

    "I guess i should introduce myself, shouldn't i? I go by Carlos. Carlos Invidia. I am part of a group called the Defenders. We track down potential magical crossings and try to limit the damage when they come." He glances towards Nathas to answer his question next. "I didn't cause this. We had our estimate for this crossing off by about a block and rushed as fast as we could. For that, I must thank you for taking care of it in our place." He finally focuses on Neji. "Magic shows itself in each person differently, and many times has an effect on the humans body just as much as their abilities. For example, my eyes are normally green." He points at his clearly blue eyes as he finishes that sentence.

    As Carlos is talking, the other guy who arrived with him comes out of the back room. "Bad news boss. The portal isn't due to close for another few minutes. We could have another crossing any moment. I'm trying to break it apart as we speak."
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    MonkGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2014

    Default Re: Fate of Two Worlds IC

    Garon had been busy gathering up his hair and trying to stick it back on his head with no avail as Carlos introduced their circumstances. "Forget the portal ! What about my hair! Hey Carlos, how do you fix this ?! Wait - Will blowing up that portal thing stop this?" Garon holds up bunches of hair and tries to spread them as evenly as he can on his head before letting go gingerly ... and the hair stays on, albeit unnaturally so, as though it was held in place by an invisible force.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Prestidigitation 1lb force

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fate of Two Worlds IC

    Nathas smiles as Carlos explains himself. "The defenders you say? That sounds awesome." He rushes towards where the man came from. "As for more creatures crossing, I guess we should deal with them as well then." His blades chain is spinning excitedly as he moves forward. The little gnome is thirsty to do good deeds.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    Default Re: Fate of Two Worlds IC

    Dreiya considered the man's words. Based on the limited information available, she was inclined to believe him. These 'Defenders' sounded like just the sort of people she wanted to meet. The sooner she helped them close these portals, the sooner things would get back to normal.

    "Fair enough. Need a hand?"
    Last edited by Anyr; 2014-11-04 at 12:24 PM.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: Fate of Two Worlds IC

    Carlos moves towards the back door as he talks, waving for the others to follow him. "Your hair is reacting to the magic. Our world has no magic, but people are still born with a heritage from the time when magic did exist. By being exposed to it, your body is attempting to return to its roots. If you want to avoid this, i suggest you forget you ever met me and stay away from magic of any kind." He goes through the door, and waits for the others to follow, pointing at the flickering portal against the wall in the taverns kitchen. "The spells needed to break apart a portal aren't exactly simple. But if you'd like to help us, I do have a request i'd like to ask of you." He turns back to the party and bows his head softly. "There's been an increase in crossings lately, but Lorn and I are stretched fairly thin and we haven't had the chance to stop even half of the local crossings. Could I possibly ask you four, if you are willing, to venture through the portal and see if you can't prevent a crossing or two from inside the magic world?" He raises his head and looks each of you in the eye while waiting on an answer.
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fate of Two Worlds IC

    Nathas looks a bit shocked at the question. So many new things happening at all once. Still, he is pleased to be included in the action, so he maintains a half-smile a barrage of questions shoots out as he feels that they have bad time. "So you want us to just jump into a portal and see if we can find things to fight? That sounds a bit weird to me. Is there no other way? Won't we be locked on the other side? What can we expect to find on the other side and how do we know what to look for?"

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    Sense Motive (1d20)[19]

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    MonkGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2014

    Default Re: Fate of Two Worlds IC

    "Are you ****ing me right now? Who's creating these portals! I'll cross it if I get to shoot the scumbag in the face with these!" Garon waves a hand full of arrows with his best menacing look. "Besides, it couldn't possibly get worse than it already is."

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    Default Re: Fate of Two Worlds IC

    Good questions from Nathas. Dreiya had nothing to add.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: Fate of Two Worlds IC

    "Monsters. You'd expect to find monsters on the other side. I don't know much about the magic world, I've only been in once myself. I understand if you don't want to, you've got no reason to do so. But every little bit of help means something to us. I don't know if they are plotting something, and we can't contact the boss until he chooses to grace our world with his presence again, so we're lost as to the reasoning. If you are willing though, Lorn can link your minds with his. Its a unique magic of his. It doesn't work without a portal, but the link doesn't break away from one, allowing you to know instantly when he is in contact with magic again. That is how we can lead you back out." Carlos moves to the portal, and starts to cast magic into it, working on it the same as Lorn had been. "As for who is making these portals. Its mostly the monsters doing it. I don't know that they have any manner of government in their world."
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fate of Two Worlds IC

    Who was he kidding? He was going to do this no matter what they answered. This was the chance he had been waiting for, to prove that he was a hero. The reasonable thing to do might be to show caution and figure out the best way to do this. It would be much more stylish to dash in and save the world though. They might get the answers they needed underway anyway. thoughts racing through his mind ended with him saying. "Sure, I'm in. That spell does sound like a good idea though." He then takes a step closer to Carlos and the portal.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •