New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Default Where do I go for NON play-by-post games?

So recently I've had yet another group more or less implode on me. (The GM decided that combat was -far- too much work, so now it's one roll for 'victory or loss' and then freeform from there on, which isn't my idea of a good time.)

I've been hoping to get a regular, weekly Roll20 game without voice for a while now- and frankly I'm more or less past caring about setting (Fantasy, Sci Fi, I'll take just about anything by now.)

The only forum I could find here is recruiting for PbP; anyone know where I go for other stuff?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

Default Re: Where do I go for NON play-by-post games?

Just to state the obvious: Roll20 Looking for Group pages. Just keep checking it every few days on your desired timeslot and usually something will appear.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Giddonihah View Post
    Just to state the obvious: Roll20 Looking for Group pages. Just keep checking it every few days on your desired timeslot and usually something will appear.
    *facepalm* I feel like such a flaming idiot. I didn't even consider- thank you.
    [Edit] All right, uh. These all seem to be groups. Is there anywhere I could post out a player ad? Like something along the lines of "need a player? Contact me!" Type thing?
    Last edited by Tassyr; 2014-11-01 at 12:56 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

I've successfully recruited players for a roll20 game using the PbP forum. Just specify the medium in the title and you should be fine.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Should I assume that the friendly local gaming store is not an option?

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

There's also a number of Roll20 users on Google+. Here's one such community.
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Tassyr View Post
    *facepalm* I feel like such a flaming idiot. I didn't even consider- thank you.
    [Edit] All right, uh. These all seem to be groups. Is there anywhere I could post out a player ad? Like something along the lines of "need a player? Contact me!" Type thing?
    It sounds like you're talking about the Looking for Group search engine. They also have a forum page where you can post as a player looking for a group.