A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 290
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2013

    Default Sink or Swim (IC)

    Spoiler: Group 1:
    Show

    You feel your body ache, constrained in a wooden box. You almost feel like you canít move, the box is so small, itís more like a coffin. You were awaken by the jerking of your box, as you feel it sway around like a ship at sea. Outside of it, you hear someone panting, the sound of warfare, and the panicked grabbing of paper. Further away, you hear roars, gunshots, booms, and screaming.
    You donít remember where you are. You donít remember when you are. You might recall a flash of light, but not much else.
    Back to the box. The interior is plain wood, apparently mostly mundane. Shouldnít be hard to break. You see a lock on one of the walls of your wooden prison. What do you do?


    Spoiler: Group 2:
    Show

    You all feel the ache of your bones, as you lie on the ground in mild pain. As you come to you senses, you look around. Youíre in a cell. A fairly standard cell, to be frank, but not particularly well fortified. Otherwise, the cell is empty, as is most of the small cell block. You hear explosions outside, Further away, you hear roars, gunshots, booms, and screaming. You feel the earth sway, like itís a boat in a storm.
    Thereís also a ballista bolt through the wall. So thereís that.

    Spoiler: Room Info:
    Show

    20 ft by 20 ft.
    Three of the walls are made of wood, the third is made of iron bars. The wall opposite of that has a ballista bolt pierced into it.
    Last edited by The Vagabond; 2014-11-01 at 10:35 AM.


    GNU Terry Pratchett

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Jack_Simth's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006

    Default Re: Sink or Swim (IC)

    Spoiler: Group 2
    Show

    Safyaries Irotihne quickly checks to make sure the disguise she wears of being alive is in place, that she has her equipment, and glances around at her surroundings and companions of the moment, quickly checking them for obvious signs of injuries as well as finding out just how thick the wall is by looking at the hole left by the ballista bolt. Safyaries herself is a half-elf, on the short and slim side, with dark skin, piercing green eyes, and raven locks. She's wearing a traveler's outfit, with the hood up. She asks "Are any of you injured?"
    Last edited by Jack_Simth; 2014-11-01 at 01:35 PM.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Nightraiderx's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011

    Default Re: Sink or Swim (IC)

    Spoiler: Group 2
    Show
    Kageru opens his eyes and springs up immediately in a defensive stance. Looking around he sees the cell walls and
    the others. "I'm doing fine but.... why are we even here?" Kageru looks outside the cell, wondering if there is anyone outside looking after them. He also presses a hand against the cell trying to figure out the relative hardness.

    Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    Swift Action to enter the formless dance stance, which grants see invisible and blur
    Perception Roll:
    (1d20+11)[20]
    Last edited by Nightraiderx; 2014-11-01 at 03:06 PM.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2009

    Default Re: Sink or Swim (IC)

    Spoiler: Group 1: "Robert's" action
    Show

    'Did they catch me again? I was careful. ... No, they wouldn't use such a flimsy box.'
    Exploring his prison, Robert's fingers find the lock. He curses the fact that even with all his power, he can still not see in the Dark.
    Still, no sense in pre-emptively announcing his awakening to his jailors.
    Blindly, he fumbles with the lock, looking for a way to pry its mechanism open.

    Disable Device: (1d20+11)[26] (modified by whatever you consider fair)
    My first foray into homebrew: The Circuit Mage

     . /l 、
    į (゚、 。 7
    .  l、゙~ヽ
      じ しf_, )ノ

    Pudgy kitty needs more views

    Active Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Bonehoarder - Necromantic Skeleton Shapeshifter
    Tahrven Millos - Arcane Hierophant
    Hordemaster Kordan - Ebon Initiate ... mostly
    Keldan Tamron - Trivoker
    Rooshkdor - Arrow Demon Archer
    Galen Medon - Batman?

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sink or Swim (IC)

    Spoiler: Group #1
    Show

    Brinsol moves, if just barely, as the box feels like it was meant for a human coffin. Through the fog he thinks <By the Master, something is terrible wrong, but...>. His childhood creeps back up into him as he feels old habits coming up but he gains a hold of himself, his training kicking in as he becomes more aware by the moment.
    Banging his hand against the box, he says "There has been some kind of mistake. You need to let me out." That is when he becomes aware of the swaying of the sea and the sounds of battle. Swiftly changing his focus, he mutters "Forgive me master." as he draws in his strength in order to break out of his imprisonment.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Strength check to break/burst object
    (1d20+11)[24] (+7 for rage induced strength and +4 for powerful build, although I'm leaving it up to you, Vagabond, to see if it qualifies)


  6. - Top - End - #6
    Banned
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Sink or Swim (IC)

    Spoiler: Group 1, Alira Etefloss
    Show

    Shock, misorientation and fear overtook her for a moment. Alira had to try her best to force them away. In moments like these she felt she missed days when she has blesing of the gods to take care of such feelings. Then she remembers how stupid it made her and that stupid nostalgia goes away.
    Besides, it's probably her fellow Paladins who have imprisoned her. Such idiotic means of containment are certainly up their alley.
    Focus. She needs to keep her mind clear and on the point. First check her gear. Second, open the lock. Third, prepare a weapon. Fourth, kick out of the box and prepare to fight whatever bastard put her there. That's the plan. Lets see if it survives confrontation with the enemy.
    Spoiler: rolls
    Show

    (1d20+12)[30] Disable Device. If it fails, Alira tries casting Open/Close on the lock.


  7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Ellowryn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sink or Swim (IC)

    Spoiler: ALL THE SPOILERZ!!!! Imean, Group 2
    Show
    I have to admit i had hoped to stop waking up in such situations when i stopped drinking myself under tables. Orlando was slow to get up, checking to make sure that his gear was in its proper place and trying to see if there were any wounds or broken bones. Satisfied, he says No, i believe i am in one piece, do you have any idea where we are or what has happened to us?
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

    Mine started in a Dwarven church of Pelor, now with a moon!

    Also, note to self, sacrificing KFC in a small apartment is not a good idea.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sink or Swim (IC)

    Spoiler: Group 2
    Show
    Adran wakes up and tosses himself to his feet. Though seeing that the people around him didn't harm him while he slept, he doesn't immediately take hostile actions against them. "Who the heck are you people? How did I end up here?" He calls out in his head, Belrax where are you?, Not where you are, that's for sure. He takes a step to the corner of the room so he can survey the other occupants. "I am Adran Beastury, and no I am not hurt. Excuse me for a moment" He starts murmuring something for himself back against the corner of the wall while surveying the others. In actuality he starts summoning Belrax, which will take about a minute.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Jack_Simth's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006

    Default Re: Sink or Swim (IC)

    Spoiler: Group 2
    Show
    Safyaries Irotihne nods on finding out nobody is injured, and says "That's good to hear. I'm Safyaries Irotihne, and I'm not quite sure what's happened... but I don't particularly like the idea of being behind bars in a room that's getting shot. Is anyone game for opening the door... or perhaps a wall? She looks at Adran, and continues "A strapping young man like you looks like you might be up for it. Would you help a lady out?"
    Spoiler: Quick OOC
    Show
    I'm just guessing that your character is visibly muscular, what with the listed base strength of 21. If I'm wrong, let me know, and I'll edit. Nevermind: You put "extremely muscular" on your character's description, so....
    Last edited by Jack_Simth; 2014-11-01 at 11:41 PM.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sink or Swim (IC)

    Adran continues murmuring in deep concentration. "Just a moment and I'll help. I am sure I can get us out of here one way or the other."

    After about a minute after he started, there is a hissing that turns into a popping sound and a small dragon appears at his side. That is small for a dragon, it's still about as large as the rest of the people in the room.

    He approaches the bars and tries to find and open any lock.
    Perception (1d20+12)[26]
    Disable device with guidance (1d20+8)[14]

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground
     
    AngryCyc's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013

    Default Re: Sink or Swim (IC)

    Spoiler: Group 1
    Show
    "Hello? Is anyone out there?" Perauqs calls to the voices he hears outside his box. He begins tapping along his body feeling to make sure everything is where it should be, and seeing if he still has his equipment on him. Feeling his trusty dagger in his belt, he swiftly draws it and begins hacking at the feeble lock with it. "I do hope this is some mistake as I do not particularly enjoy my current location, so if anyone is out there desiring me to stay in place, you should speak up now!" He only waits a few seconds before destroying the lock or the wood with his magical adamantine blade.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Ellowryn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sink or Swim (IC)

    Spoiler: Group 2
    Show
    Standing up, Orlando stretches and observes what is going on in the small room. Hey, you want to let me move around too? The thought entered his mind in an annoyed manner reminding him that for his psiscrystal to move he has to will it each day. Oh, yeah forgot about that, you okay too? Or have any idea what is going on? Briefly concentrating, the small crystal shard grows two pairs of legs and begins to shift around inside its pocket. Looking at the ballista, he decides it would be better to be ready for battle and taking another brief moment he focuses his mind, then he he brings forth a surge of power withing him, causing himself and his psicrystal to glow for a brief moment as the power links them and then creating a brief translucent armor around himself before shifting into a offensive stance.


    Spoiler: Doing Stuff
    Show
    Manifesting Share Pain on himself and his psicrystal, then Inertia Armor both lasting for 5 hours. Assuming the Running Hunter's Stance, gaining +10ft to movement speed and the Scent special ability.
    Last edited by Ellowryn; 2014-11-02 at 09:02 AM.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

    Mine started in a Dwarven church of Pelor, now with a moon!

    Also, note to self, sacrificing KFC in a small apartment is not a good idea.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2013

    Default Re: Sink or Swim (IC)

    Spoiler: Group 1
    Show
    You all hear a scream of panic from below.
    "You're not supposed to be up yet!"
    The locks are quite easy to pick, and you all open them quite easily.
    Except for Brinsol, who breaks apart the front of his coffin quite easily, splintering the front of the box into a thousand pieces.
    Upon looking around, you see that you are in a small, windowless wood hut, the shelves lined with alchemical materials and supplies. The east wall is on fire, and you watch as someone tries to bolt through the western door. Outside, you see a bunch of huts, some made of wood, some of stone, and a few of adamantite, hanging and built into the branches of a tree.
    You also see a dragon flying down, and you watch as individuals of all races jump off a variety of mounts.
    Spoiler: Group 2
    Show
    There's a lock on the door, but your attempt to unlock it has failed.
    Kageru determines that the walls aren't that much harder than any wooden wall. It's mostly unnoticeable, but you can see through a crack in the wood to the next cell...
    To find that there's a sword roughly the size of a building embedded into the building, with a gaping gash to the outside world, where you see ancient beasts of all variety. You can see the pommel and about half of the blade, and it's roughly 20 ft long. In the distance, you see a ball of fire forming in some ancient giant's hand from a great distance.
    The cell is, otherwise, not particularly noteworthy. You do, however, hear some panicking from the room next door.


    GNU Terry Pratchett

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground
     
    AngryCyc's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013

    Default Re: Sink or Swim (IC)

    Spoiler: Group 1
    Show


    "Ah. Great. Well. I'm guessing you lot are not against me so that means at the moment you are all with me." Perauqs states to the other climbing out of their own boxes. "We should umm... hmm." He goes out to the door and leans a head out yelling "HEY IS ANYONE HERE ABOUT TO START FIGHTING ME?" before turning back to the others within saying quietly "really this isn't the STRANGEST situation I could find myself in but, huh. Who would have figured..."



  15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Jack_Simth's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006

    Default Re: Sink or Swim (IC)

    Spoiler: group 2
    Show
    Safyaries Irotihne says "OK... probably don't want to go through the wall. Hmm... can all'y'all keep a lady's secret?"
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Ellowryn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sink or Swim (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Simth View Post
    Spoiler: group 2
    Show
    Safyaries Irotihne says "OK... probably don't want to go through the wall. Hmm... can all'y'all keep a lady's secret?"
    Spoiler: Group 2, :smallconfused:
    Show
    I can.... Looking over the one who asked with a raised eyebrow, why?
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

    Mine started in a Dwarven church of Pelor, now with a moon!

    Also, note to self, sacrificing KFC in a small apartment is not a good idea.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Nightraiderx's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011

    Default Re: Sink or Swim (IC)

    Spoiler: Group 2
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Simth View Post
    Spoiler: group 2
    Show
    Safyaries Irotihne says "OK... probably don't want to go through the wall. Hmm... can all'y'all keep a lady's secret?"
    Well I was going to see where the key is first before we have to rummage, I can get out of this pretty easily...Kargeru focuses for a minute and then turns ethereal as he walks through the bar with ease.
    "Easy enough." Kageru looks around for the guard key and any signs of security.
    Spoiler: Ooc: to DM and to Jack
    Show

    To DM: Taking a moment to change out my manuevers and then going to use the Ghostwalk manuever, and take the 6 seconds to get it back. Do I see anything DM?
    To Jack: I am pretty sure with my see invisibility stance would reveal your true nature to me, not sure though.
    Last edited by Nightraiderx; 2014-11-02 at 10:42 AM.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2013

    Default Re: Sink or Swim (IC)

    Spoiler: Group 2
    Show
    After Kageru exits the cell, he takes a quick peek around. You're in a pretty nice wooden jail, with a 15 ft ceiling. The wall to your right has a sword right through it, blocking the path ahead that way, in front of you is another cell, empty save for a small box of candy, and to your right is a giant bear that's glaring at you, looming over you. It isn't attacking yet, and it just looks at you, exhausted and hungry.
    Spoiler: And one Demoralize.
    Show
    (1d20+11)[21] DC for you be about 18


    GNU Terry Pratchett

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2009

    Default Re: Sink or Swim (IC)

    Spoiler: Group 1: Robert
    Show
    Robert sighs as he hears another box splintering. It appears stealth is not an option at this time.
    Removing the box's lid, he gets up, calming focussing his energies to transcend into his charged state.

    Hearing the arguments made by the man with the apparent Death-wish, for why would you otherwise stick your head out of cover in an unknown situation, he speaks.

    "No matter the ideas fighting on the same side, perhaps this conversation would be better held in a building that is not in the process of burning down?"
    My first foray into homebrew: The Circuit Mage

     . /l 、
    į (゚、 。 7
    .  l、゙~ヽ
      じ しf_, )ノ

    Pudgy kitty needs more views

    Active Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Bonehoarder - Necromantic Skeleton Shapeshifter
    Tahrven Millos - Arcane Hierophant
    Hordemaster Kordan - Ebon Initiate ... mostly
    Keldan Tamron - Trivoker
    Rooshkdor - Arrow Demon Archer
    Galen Medon - Batman?

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Nightraiderx's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011

    Default Re: Sink or Swim (IC)

    Spoiler: Group 2
    Show


    You have got to be kidding me... gah! it's a damn bear!
    Kageru slams his fist into the lock as it swirls with negative energy, flinching a bit as the attack hopefully strikes.
    Spoiler: Ooc:
    Show
    Will Save (1d20+7)[8]
    Use My free action to grant unarmed strike vicious property.
    Passing that swift action Wisdom check vs lock on cell (1d20+3)[19] vs hardness
    Power Attack Sunder on lock on cell (1d20+8)[14] (+2 if I pass the wisdom check -2 if demoralize)
    Damage Unarmed Strike [Roll]2d6+1d8[/Roll] (no hardness if I pass the wisdom check)
    Self Damage (1d6)[4]
    Last edited by Nightraiderx; 2014-11-02 at 12:52 PM.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Jack_Simth's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006

    Default Re: Sink or Swim (IC)

    Spoiler: Group 2
    Show
    Safyaries Irotihne replies to Orlando "While there's nothing wrong with it per se, people tend to find it profoundly disturbing, and it saves a rather lot of time if I don't need to explain all the time... plus it's always funny when people try the wrong things to hurt me..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightraiderx View Post
    Well I was going to see where the key is first before we have to rummage, I can get out of this pretty easily...Kargeru focuses for a minute and then turns ethereal as he walks through the bar with ease.
    "Easy enough." Kageru looks around for the guard key and any signs of security.
    Spoiler: Ooc: to DM and to Jack
    Show

    To DM: Taking a moment to change out my manuevers and then going to use the Ghostwalk manuever, and take the 6 seconds to get it back. Do I see anything DM?
    To Jack: I am pretty sure with my see invisibility stance would reveal your true nature to me, not sure though.
    Spoiler: Nightraderx
    Show
    Not unless it does True Seeing as well, and even then, she keeps a fully mundane disguise on underneath, so that only knocks the illusory portion off the DC, so you'd still be facing a DC 30-ish Perception check to notice anything amiss (Taking 10, +8 Charisma, +3 Class, +5 Ranks, +1 Trait... maybe -2 race, +5 minor details, as she's disguising herself as herself when she was alive). Anyone without True Seeing is looking at DC 40-ish, instead.

    ...

    And I just noticed that the sheet I'm using doesn't do the skill mods for temporary scores. Hmm. Guess I'll need to move that into main charisma, seeing as how she would be wearing that headband continuously. Done.

    The Lady continues after Kargeru walks through the wall "... although it looks like I might not need to..." she cuts off as she hears the growl of the bear "... spoke too soon. Ah well, can't leave the young'un high and dry..." as she simply steps through the iron bars herself, letting the material things she carries - her three disguise kits, her masterwork chain shirt, darkwood heavy shield, and simple dagger - simply fall to the ground through her as she readies herself to do battle with the bear in defence of the "youngling".
    Spoiler: initiative
    Show
    (1d20+5)[13](13)

    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Ellowryn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sink or Swim (IC)

    Spoiler: Group 2, full of ghosts apparently...
    Show
    Orlando blinks a few times and then turns to the only person left in the cell. Well, am i missing out on something here or is it normal for people to just ignore locked and bared doors by simply shifting through it? Having watched one of the people try and break the lock with his fist Orlando will try and see if the door would open now.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

    Mine started in a Dwarven church of Pelor, now with a moon!

    Also, note to self, sacrificing KFC in a small apartment is not a good idea.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sink or Swim (IC)

    Spoiler: Group 1
    Show
    Brinsol stands as the he brushes the splinters off himself.

    As Perauqs and Robert speak, he says "You are right, we seem to be in the same predicament together. Whoever just ran out the door probably has answers. And, getting out of this building before we find out if those vials are explosive is probably a great idea."
    With that, he heaves himself out the building and into the maelstrom, noticing the dragon for the first time.
    Spoiler
    Show

    What color is the dragon?

    Last edited by razorback; 2014-11-02 at 02:39 PM.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Banned
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Sink or Swim (IC)

    Spoiler: Group 1
    Show

    Alira his hr forehead with palm of her hand, seeing one of three unknown men just starting a fight with what looks like pillaging riders. Quick glance at the shelves makes her leave a sigh of dissapointment, as she knows she won't be able to save all these alchemical components. It would really help her budget. But at this rate the risk something will explode is too great.
    "Don't just stand there, move!" She yells at others and proceeds to bolt from the hut the same way mysterious person did. Seeing how they might have to fight their way through, she checks if all the gear is in place. Bow, arrows, rapier, flask with invisibility extract... and components for bombs. For now she doesn't pick up any of thet. It would be unwise to attack people who might actually be peacefull. but if they attack her... well, fate isn't kind for unwise people.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sink or Swim (IC)

    "I can't walk through walls, without opening locks or breaking through first." Adran makes ready to strike at whatever is outside the bars by potentially poking his lance through them. Though he also keeps a careful eye on the lock to see if he needs to hit it as well to open.

    Spoiler: Why
    Show
    Do we need all these spoilers? It's obvious who is in which group.


    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I am actually the only one who can't shift/teleport through the door eh? I guess I have to stay with mundane ways to get through doors for another 2 levels. Also my action kinda depend on if the lock is broken or not. If it is broken Adran would probably try to get through, if not he would probably try to smash it as well.

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Jack_Simth's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006

    Default Re: Sink or Swim (IC)

    Spoiler: Group 2
    Show
    Spoiler: oyzar
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by oyzar View Post
    Do we need all these spoilers? It's obvious who is in which group.
    Currently, this is true. However, it's pretty easy to get confused pretty quickly, especially if we end up doing sufficiently similar things at some point.
    After going through the door, Safyaries Irotihne hustles over to the bear, getting between it and the youngling Kargeru, where she casts a spell and screams incoherently at the beast.
    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Move: Get between bear and Kargeru (not that he needs protection, mind...).
    Standard: Sound Burst. Damage: (1d8)[3], Fort DC 20 or Stun 1 round. In case it's needed: SR penetration: (1d20+9)[10]
    Note that I'm currently down to AC 21.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2013

    Default Re: Sink or Swim (IC)

    Spoiler: Group 2
    Show
    It stumbles back, screaming to the sky.
    (1d20+13)[16]
    Spoiler: If it makes it's save
    Show

    It tries to rip the ghost woman to shreds, letting out a ireful roar.
    (1d20+16)[29] (1d6+4)[5]
    Grapple (1d20+19)[31]
    (1d20+16)[34] (1d8+4)[7]
    (1d20+16)[18] (1d8+4)[6]

    The lock is still pretty tough, but you have it partially broken down, a solid kick ought to take it down soon.
    Spoiler: Group 1
    Show
    Perauqs gets an answer rather quickly, in the form of a fireball blowing up the other wall, and the cry from the other side, along with the cry from a odd individual.
    "THEY'RE ESCAPING!"

    The dragon is Red in color. It is on fire. There's someone on top of it with a crossbow, and the dragon is clawing at the face of another golden one.
    As you all bolt out the door, you watch as the building you were in has it's support exploded. A massive ballista bolt flies over Alira's head, bearly hitting, but ripping through a branch right besides her.


    GNU Terry Pratchett

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Jack_Simth's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006

    Default Re: Sink or Swim (IC)

    Spoiler: Group 2
    Show
    Safyaries Irotihne walks around the bear and casts a spell to twist fate as her voice starts to twist a little... "don't worry snookums... Mama will keep it's attention... now be a good boy and get me a new rug, hmm?"

    Spoiler: mechanics
    Show
    Move: Get on the other side of the bear, making sure to stay within it's threat range.
    Standard: Cast Compel Hostility. If it decides to go after someone else when it recovers from the Stun - not likely, but better safe than sorry - expend as an immediate action to turn it's attention back my way (Will DC 19 negates) (let me know when that happens, though, so I can re-cast if needed). The bear clearly doesn't have SR, so not rolling it this time.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Ellowryn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sink or Swim (IC)

    Spoiler: Group 2
    Show
    Seeing as the lock is damaged Orlando will draw his sword and attempt to dispatch what is left of it.
    Spoiler: Attempting to break the lock
    Show
    Attack automatically hits as it is an inanimate, unmoving target and damage is (1d10+4)[8]
    If that is not enough will continue to hit it until either someone else does something to the lock or i break it.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

    Mine started in a Dwarven church of Pelor, now with a moon!

    Also, note to self, sacrificing KFC in a small apartment is not a good idea.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sink or Swim (IC)

    Spoiler: Group2
    Show

    Assuming the kick to take down the door is a move action (or the two others manage to bring):
    Adran kicks down the remainder of the door and uses his other foot to vault back onto the saddle of Belrax. The dragon had anticipated this and is already moving through the door. Upon fully getting the bear into view Adran roars. This roar spurs Belrax to charge into the bear, lance, claw, horn and teeth ripping at the creature.
    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    Move action by Adran to kick down the door, then attempt a free action to mount into the saddle, DC 20 (1d20+15)[30]
    Beltrax takes a move action to first get to Adran then out through the door and at least 15 feet away from the bear(on the other side of Kageru I am guessing). Then it will use it's standard action to ready a charge at the bear upon Adran starting to rage(using rhino charge).
    Adran will then with lance at the ready start raging, lasting for an additional (1d4)[4] rounds(with ferocious mount).
    Which causes Belraxto charge at the bear(using dragon style, though since a bear is likely large the corridor might well be 10 feet wide letting me charge beside him anyway).
    If Adran made his Ride check, he gets to attack first(reckless abandon, power attack):
    Attack:(1d20+18)[26](5bab+8str+2charge+2flank+2reckless-2power+1mw)
    Damage:(3d8+54)[67]
    Sneak Damage(flanking with Blerax due to pack flanking):(3d6)[8]

    Then Adran uses ride by attack to continue the charge(or if Adran failed his ride check).
    If the bear is still standing, the charge will continue up to 5 feet away so Belrax can attack(charge,flank,power attack):
    Bite attack (1d20+12)[27]
    Damage (1d6+10)[16]
    Gore attack (1d20+12)[22]
    Damage (1d6+10)[16]
    Claw attack (1d20+12)[16]
    Damage (1d4+10)[12]
    Claw attack (1d20+12)[22]
    Damage (1d4+10)[14]

    If Adran killed the beast the two of them will just continue the charge past Safyaries up to 40 feet from where they started.

    Spoiler: Status
    Show
    Adran:
    AC:12(though can get higher due to bodyguard and maybe Orlando's Aura, -2 charge, -2 rage, -2 reckless abandon)
    HP:70
    Temp str:26
    Temp con:22
    Raging for 5 rounds, superstitious
    Rage used: 2/14

    Last edited by oyzar; 2014-11-03 at 03:56 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •