New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default EMPIRE! CWBG X: For Obscure Cultural Reasons, We Have Huuuuuuge Tracts Of Land

EMPIRE!
    Gods, Kings & Adventurers
    A Community World=Building Game by Morph Bark

Current Year: 440-445
    IC thread: click!
    Dice-Rolling thread: click!

NOTE:
    Currently the rules are going a small update to fill in holes in the rules that have been recently exposed. If you discover a hole in the rules, please report it so it can be looked into and taken care of. I try to make the rules as clear, solid and usable as they can be, so they don't need a GM to make rulings too often.

Welcome to EMPIRE! A game of gods, kings and adventurers. In this game, you will play a character, a ruler of a region. And once s/he dies, you will play their heir and so on, continuing on the family legacy. You scheme, discover and conquer your way towards becoming the most-remembered person in history. Respected, loved, feared.

This world will start as a simple one similar to the early Middle Ages, but through the actions of players and random events the scope of the world will expand, science marches on and magic may even be introduced to some lucky ones. For now, magic is nowhere to be found, though monsters may exist in players’ regions or beyond their borders and supernatural phenomena can take place.

Best beware if you want to ensure your legacy.

If you want to become a player and all regions are currently taken, don't worry. New regions can always be added in during play, and we can put you on the waiting list in the meantime should no regions be available at this time. If Empire interests you, but you don't want to play the game, you can always partake in the Freeform RP threads that are open to everyone, or even in its World-Building threads. See the list at the end of this post.

Be warned! This is primarily a game of world-building, but contains some strategic elements, secretive scheming, and both cooperation and vehement competition between players at times. It's all easy enough to understand once you've read through the rules of this post, and GREAT fun to play in and talk with all your co-world-builders in this thread, but keep in mind that in the game itself, IC, it can be a very bumpy ride. Let us ask questions, help each other, communicate, cooperate, build and have fun OOC, even as we bash each other's brains in IC.

Also, if you have a question, and you can ask a player (about their region or people, for instance), ask them instead of the GM. If you can ask it in the thread, do that instead of via PM. The GM's PM inbox is regularly cleared and thus things can easily get lost, so try keep it to secret stuff and (IC) reactions to stuff you get in your own inbox.

Atlas
    Spoiler
    Show
    Below is the most current map of the known world. Here is a list of regions that has been claimed and by whom. It is slightly outdated, so if you aim to take over a certain region, it is always good to double-check in the main thread (this one) whether it is taken or not. It might even currently be in the process of being taken over by someone else. This is especially good advice to new players, because then you're more aware of the general situation of the area you'll be dropping into.

The Rules of the Game
    See this thread.

Game Masters
    Head GM: Morph Bark

Assistant GMs: QuintonBeck, TheWombatOfDoom, Waylander

~ ~ GM Data Collection ~ ~
    All the information on rulers & regions

See this thread for all records of rulers, population, military, agents, technologies, etc.

See this thread for all records on resources and trade.

New Player Tips and Advice (Morph)

FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions (Wombat)

Extra Player Resources (For the Players, By the Players)
    Heraldry Generator (thanks, Logic!)
    Family Banner Generator
    Flag Generator (thanks, Logic!)
    Family Tree Builder (thanks, zabbarot!)

Should there be anything incorrect or not updated yet about any of the above tables it’s always possible that the GM or co-GM in charge of that has missed it. If so, please feel free to inform us with the proper, most updated information.

Additional Role-Play Threads
    The following is a list of role-play threads related to the game of EMPIRE! Some are to work out in-game actions, others are fluff first and foremost.
    Grand Ball (Year 336)
    1st Raaneki Games (Year 347)
    Central Sea Conference (Year 353)
    First World's Fair (Year 358)
    2nd Raaneki Games (Year 362)
    Zwergkampf (Year 373)
    People Against Invasion North (Year 371-375)
    3rd Raaneki Games (Year 377)
    2nd Grand Ball of Telluris (Year 381, various threads inside)
    Expedition to UnderSulvan (Year 385)
    Jeweled Cities' 50th Anniversary (Year 387)
    4th Raaneki Games (Year 392)
    Fires in the West: THE BALEFROG RISES (Year 399)
    Fires in the South: MARCH OF THE DEAD (Year 399)
    Celebration of the New Century (Year 401)
    5th Raaneki Games (Year 407)
    Second World's Fair (Year 408)
    Voskhozhdeniye Dance (Year 412)
    Jarrow Weddings (Year 415)
    Unification Feast (Year 416)
    Frost Moon Festival (Year 417)
    Sakaru Mitsura (Year 418)
    6th Raaneki Games (Year 422)
    International Council Summit (Year 425)
    Wayve's Coronation (Year 429)
    3rd Grand Ball (Year 431)
    Moonshroud Festival of 434 (Year 434)
    2nd International Council Summit (Year 436)
    1st Tellurian Games (Year 437)
    Grand Prince Montoyon Gebui's Most Fabulous Arrival (Year 441)
    Rise of the Silver Wyrm - The Coronation and Nameday of Li Tianshi (Year 442)
    Pink Tide Festival (Year 446)
    Second Tellurian Games (Year 452)
    Inaugural Grand Cree Providence Day Ball (Year 453)
    South Sea Conference (Year 456)
    Tzalteclan Dragon's Eye Festival (Year 456)
    Hundred Seas Conference (Year 457)
    Frost Moon Festival II (Year 457)
    Caercian Coronation Ceremony (Year 463)

Spoiler: Private threads
    Show
    The threads in this spoiler are all private threads, meant to only be read by those who were invited to take part in them. If MORE than 25 years (5 rounds) have passed, you are free to read them. Threads with permission granted by the main participants are also fair game. For that reason, I have further highlighted which threads are found generally okay to read by marking their tag in green and the ones you'd better steer clear of for the next few rounds being marked in red.

[Round 2, Year 336] Grand Conference
    [Round 6, Year 356] A Clash of Nations
    [Round 9, Year 375] Interrogation of Qzare Xiu Wandao
    [Round 10, Year 376] Heartwaste Conference
    [Round 10, Year 377] Visit to the Heartwaste
    [Round 10, Year 380] Comitatus Judex Primus
    [Round 10, Year 380] Jostling the Hive
    [Round 11, Year 381] Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to the Qzare
    [Round 11, Year 381] Paco and Fabula
    [Round 13, Year 392] Moonshroud Festival
    [Round 14, Year 399] Warrior Queen, Blazing Avatar
    [Round 14, Year 399] Bring Me the Head of Tupelo Cornus
    [Round 14, Year 400] Fires in the North: LORD, BURN ALL THE WORLD
    [Round 18, Year 416] Princely Road Trip
    [Round 18, Year 416] Silver Summit
    [Round 18, Year 420] Dragons in the Capital
    [Round 23, Year 442] Prince Buttercup's Plot
    [Round 27, Year 461] A Clash of Magma and Ice
    [Round 27, Year 464] Me Galoi Siegstanz

Freeform Role-Play Threads
    The following threads are in the Freeform Role-Play forum and can thus be entered by anyone, including people who do not play the game part of EMPIRE!

Fluff-Building Threads
    The following threads are purely for expanding on existing fluff or theorizing about the history or make-up of the world. Some of them are in-character role-play bits, some are projects for creating maps, others are quotes or excerpts from books.
    Pre-History (World-Building, pre-Year 1, pre-Year 330)
    Rajurdic Codex (Year 338+)
    Scrolls of Prowess (Year 349+)
    Bestiary of Telluris (Year 354+)
    Regional Maps (World-Building)
    Northern Hemisphere Star Map (World-Building)
    13 Swords of the True Jaaku Na (World-Building)

Previous Main Thread Incarnations
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2014-11-02 at 03:56 PM.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: EMPIRE! CWBG X: For Obscure Cultural Reasons, We Have Huuuuuuge Tracts Of Land

Reserved just in case.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: EMPIRE! CWBG X: For Obscure Cultural Reasons, We Have Huuuuuuge Tracts Of Land

Each Monday I'm going to attempt to host; Doomed VENTURE!: In the Wake of Swords

Also, Morph, could you please put Ryazen Bay in with the Freeform Threads?
    Last edited by DoomHat; 2014-11-02 at 09:17 AM.
    ...with a vengeance!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DoomHat View Post
    Each Monday I'm going to attempt to host; Doomed VENTURE!: In the Wake of Swords

Also, Morph, could you please put Ryazen Bay in with the Freeform Threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedilred View Post
    On a different subject, would anyone be interested in/free for a Venture! were I to run one this week? I am pretty much entirely flexible as to day and time Monday-Thursday (hence why this week); I had had the idea vaguely pencilled in for a while but have only just been able to confirm I'd be able to do it.
    Ventures, ventures as far as the eye can see!

I would be interested in both potential ventures for sure!

Spoiler
    Show

Amazing Avatar by Qwernt! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kornaki View Post
    The whole world is held aloft by a dragon.

That dragon? Held aloft by a bigger dragon.

It's dragons all the way up
    Beat the bejesus out of a Paladin

5. - Top - End - #5

Alright, I'm awake now.

Now, to those who are bashing Ridovo getting away, part of the reason he did so was because I needed to foreshadow my own NPC magic-wielding villain, who happens to A) have a power that is great for escapes and B) needs something that Ridovo can get him. Though they will be having a serious talk about effectiveness if they end up working together again.

Then again, Way would probably have an escape plan for him anyway, but if would definitely have been less Diablos ex Machina then "Formerly unknown NPC teleports him out."

Also, Ridovo is a Diva. His plans all involve a spotlight on him. That may be whats hampering him.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Ding ding, start of Round 28.

Also, Morph, your inbox is full.
    GITP Blood Bowl Manager Cup
    Red Sabres - Season I Cup Champions, two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Anlec Razors - Two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Bad Badenhof Bats - Season VII Cup Champions
    League Wiki

Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

7. - Top - End - #7

I LOL'd hard at Ridovo's last words. Did you talk to Way about this though?

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ImperatorV View Post
    I LOL'd hard at Ridovo's last words. Did you talk to Way about this though?
    Way wrote it.
    League Wiki

Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

I love the smell of new thread in the morning.
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Rumor: Nezetkhamun slept with a cow? No accounting for the preferences of dragons, I s'pose.
    Quote Originally Posted by lt_murgen View Post
    Exploratory expeditions expeditiously expediting exploration would be epicurially equipped.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

What I read:
    Qzarina Li Tianshi awakes in the middle of the night to see a blade flashing towards her neck. By pure instinct she manages to pull herself out of the way just in time to avoid a mortal wound. A snuggle ensues in which both she and the intruder become entangled in bedsheets
    Fastion Noth sure has a weird way of coming back to his beloved after so many years.

Also: vampires, eh? What are they, suicidal? They're in the midst of a culture that worships the Silver Lady. The only thing worse they could do is walk into a stakehouse.

Fixed.

12. - Top - End - #12

Quote Originally Posted by zabbarot View Post
    Rumor: Nezetkhamun slept with a cow? No accounting for the preferences of dragons, I s'pose.
    Whoever wrote that missed an opportunity. It could have been a dragon goat (Dragoat?).

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    Fastion Noth sure has a weird way of coming back to his beloved after so many years.
    My first draft of that event was positively (unintentionally) dripping with innuendo; I had to rewrite it...

Also: vampires, eh? What are they, suicidal? They're in the midst of a culture that worships the Silver Lady. The only thing worse they could do is walk into a stakehouse.

At least they don't worship the sun as well. Hmm...
    League Wiki

Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Whoever wrote that missed an opportunity. It could have been a dragon goat (Dragoat?).
    This one's my fault, I'm afraid. I'd considered a goat, but I don't think Tzalteclan actually has Goats. I know they're importing cattle, though.

Also, it didn't necessarily have to be Nezetkhamun! It could well be Vizini or Senruset or one of Nezetkhamun's no doubt dozens of minor children over the years that nobody really cares about OOC. Or it could be random and hilarious circumstance.
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2014-11-02 at 04:43 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

Minor point of order, but I didn't send any troops after Ridovo. Just an undefined number of Unmarked. Hence no troop bonus in my roll.

Also, called the Doombot.

*edit*
    That rumor is hilarious.
    Last edited by TheDarkDM; 2014-11-02 at 04:42 PM.

I was old when the pharaohs first mounted
    The jewel-decked throne by the Nile;
    I was old in those epochs uncounted
    When I, and I only, was vile;

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by apocalypsePast2 View Post
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

If one were on drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Rules update? Rules update.

Key changes:
    - New rules are now in red
    - All fractions are now rounded up, to make small things feel more significant.
    - Holy Orders now simply break battle ties; more benefits from (and downsides to) Holy Orders may follow.
    - Luck 5 can no longer be used on Military battles.
    - Clarified what may happen to claimed regions and if PC regions may be claimed. (Claims on PC regions may change in the future as amount of regions becomes saturated.)
    - Added red for emphasis that a GK wanting to become a liege has to have troops in each of their regions.
    - Players with NPC vassals may now use Diplomacy 10 actions on them if they have an Empire.
    - Technology adaptation and introduction rules altered significantly.
    - Faith 5 actions can now be coordinated between multiple players.

Things still to implement (or not) that I need to go over by the end of this week:
    - No rolls for military battles, those are done by the round opener; tactical maneuvering is still done by the players.
    - Measures of control of religious leaders over regions with their religion as a majority
    - Ability to convert people of a related religion more easily/at a higher rate
    - Add Special Actions, including Diplomacy 10s for countries with less than 4 regions and a Military 10
    - Give Holy Orders a little extra
    - Nomads

I'll go over any comments people have on these by the end of the week.

17. - Top - End - #17

I've been waffling back and forth on whether to send this as a PM, or lay it out on the ground, but I decided I really want to discourage this sort of thing going forward.

@Aedilred
    I have to admit I'm not super sold on the The Ascendant.

His truth works well enough, and based on that alone I was expecting to see something like a self-help guru from the bowels of hell. Sort of a, "You too, like me, can be a power obsessed, ladder climbing, weightlifting, sociopathic jackhole! Burn out like the fuse on a powder keg for my amusement Today!!

But we're running a little high on nebulously featured any-dudes in the appearance category.

His power is like that of 'Truth of Lies and Lust', but works faster and without any drawbacks. Where the other two need to take time out of their day to actually do the work of seduction, Authority just points and says, "Hey you, worship me!". What's worse is that it makes little sense in light of his Truth, which states that Everyone secretly CRAVES POWER. Meaning, in his philosophy, people generally resent the hell out of being told what to do for no reason.
    (Edit: Read it again, I was wrong in my initial assessment. Apparently he feels there are some few paragons among sheep? And sheep still possess vast godly potential they simply waste? uh..)

Lastly, his downfall seems kinda lame to me. How does this work exactly? Who could possibly exploit it? Would someone have to sneak into his presence and start shouting demands, corralling him away from taking actions?
    "Hey you! Angel Guy! SAY SOMETHING! Draw Your Weapon! Give an Order! Look Angry! Get Really Angry! Keep Standing! Sit Down! DON'T sit down! Attack me! Look anxious! Dodge this knife!"

If anyone is ever going to get into a position to possibly "hold power of life or death" over him, this would have to be it, so he couldn't just stop you by telling you to "stop it".

Never mind getting past the legions and legions of followers he'd have attained by walking up to a nation's leader and saying "Give me the keys, and don't let my new door hit you on the way out. Come to think of it, don't leave. You're my footstool now,".
    Last edited by DoomHat; 2014-11-02 at 05:24 PM.
    ...with a vengeance!

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Rules update? Rules update.

Key changes:
    - New rules are now in red
    - All fractions are now rounded up, to make small things feel more significant.
    - Holy Orders now simply break battle ties; more benefits from (and downsides to) Holy Orders may follow.
    - Luck 5 can no longer be used on Military battles.
    - Clarified what may happen to claimed regions and if PC regions may be claimed. (Claims on PC regions may change in the future as amount of regions becomes saturated.)
    - Added red for emphasis that a GK wanting to become a liege has to have troops in each of their regions.
    - Players with NPC vassals may now use Diplomacy 10 actions on them if they have an Empire.
    - Technology adaptation and introduction rules altered significantly.
    - Faith 5 actions can now be coordinated between multiple players.

Things still to implement (or not) that I need to go over by the end of this week:
    - No rolls for military battles, those are done by the round opener; tactical maneuvering is still done by the players.
    - Measures of control of religious leaders over regions with their religion as a majority
    - Add Special Actions, including Diplomacy 10s for countries with less than 4 regions and a Military 10
    - Give Holy Orders a little extra
    - Nomads

I'll go over any comments people have on these by the end of the week.
    Well, a lot of this stuff is pretty much what we've already been doing, but put into the rules proper, like tech adaptation. One thing that should probably be clarified is whether a prospective Liege need only have units in their regions when they actually take on a vassal, or if they must maintain that at all times. If the latter, it should be noted that an Empire will spontaneously fall apart if it claims or conquers a region that doesn't have troops.

I also appreciate the limitations on unhindered technological advancement: I like playing fantasy, and at some point it starts to strain credibility if my swordsmen are picking fights with biplanes. I like MECKs, but that's beyond even modern technology and I'd be calling total BS if it didn't rely heavily on magical Heart Ruby power and (magical) Ultralight technology and magic fuel sources.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Well, a lot of this stuff is pretty much what we've already been doing, but put into the rules proper, like tech adaptation. One thing that should probably be clarified is whether a prospective Liege need only have units in their regions when they actually take on a vassal, or if they must maintain that at all times. If the latter, it should be noted that an Empire will spontaneously fall apart if it claims or conquers a region that doesn't have troops.
    That has been the purpose of this update. And as to that, it would be the former--the idea behind it is mainly that a Liege should be capable of defending their vassals.

I also appreciate the limitations on unhindered technological advancement: I like playing fantasy, and at some point it starts to strain credibility if my swordsmen are picking fights with biplanes. I like MECKs, but that's beyond even modern technology and I'd be calling total BS if it didn't rely heavily on magical Heart Ruby power and (magical) Ultralight technology and magic fuel sources.
    No problem, though I'd like to point out that Sam has removed Heart Rubies as the power source for MECKs.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

So I'm in the process of updating Raaneka to include its new region (the first two were easy, just stole Zap's stuff on them) and I'm running into an issue.

There are two countries that appear to be receiving something in trade from Grmanhil without giving anything in return. So Kitsanth, Logic, could you please let me know what you're giving me in exchange for the Glass I'm sending you. And Reggiejam, are you sending Amber in exchange for Grmanhil Mead?

Just trying to get all of this straight so that I don't trade anything twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuintonBeck View Post
    Many thanks to Snowfire for collating all these. He's a madman, but he's a helpful madman.
    Spoiler: Things
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    Damn you Snowfire. I cried.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon777 View Post
    T_T I swear, you just made me cry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Well, here's another for your sig, Snowfire.

<struck dumb>

21. - Top - End - #21

Where are the nomad rules? I don't see them...

EDIT: Ah right misread. My bad.
    Last edited by ImperatorV; 2014-11-02 at 06:00 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

Where are the nomad rules? I don't see them...

EDIT: Ah right misread. My bad.
    You and me both man.
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

23. - Top - End - #23

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    You and me both man.
    Don't worry, he promised them by the end of the week! That means you'll surely have your rules by next month! He'll probably have them up in a few days.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry I've been rather quiet lately, but I'm gonna read up on the new ruleset and get to work.

Pretty sure I'm gonna be taking over Sycia and the Doctrine of Frost, if that's okay...
    Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

And a question for the people involved in the Caercian Coronation, are we going finish this up with consequences for Guilder and all that, or is it just going to slip away? I'm asking this mainly to gauge interest in finishing it up, as I'd really like to.
    Many thanks to Snowfire for collating all these. He's a madman, but he's a helpful madman.
    Show

<struck dumb>

26. - Top - End - #26

Quote Originally Posted by Snowfire View Post
    And a question for the people involved in the Caercian Coronation, are we going finish this up with consequences for Guilder and all that, or is it just going to slip away? I'm asking this mainly to gauge interest in finishing it up, as I'd really like to.
    We know Ridovo escaped and was later tracked down, but the others are up in the air ATM. Maybe Sam has an ending in mind for Inigo and Buttercup.
    Last edited by ImperatorV; 2014-11-02 at 06:53 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

We know Ridovo escaped and was later tracked down, but the others are up in the air ATM. Maybe Sam has an ending in mind for Inigo and Buttercup.
    Well, it's more...the aftereffects. Considering that at this moment in time we don't know (IC) that he gets tracked down.

Of note is the denunciation of Guilder by Palas Caercia, which I'm hoping to stop from ever being spoken.
    Show

<struck dumb>

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

rules
    As Blade says, most of it is stuff we've been doing already, so it's nice to have it in writing. I appreciate the tech update, too.

On this specifically, I would note that the current default TN for unopposed conversion (which could easily happen because a player just doesn't see what you're doing) is 10, which seems pretty low on 2d6. Wombat's conversion roll this round was almost as bad as possible and still succeeded, and Girard's hardly been a particularly Faith-heavy ruler. In the last five rounds as far as I can tell 89% of conversion actions have been successful, and almost none of the rolls were opposed.

Circumventing the multi-round process for related religions is probably sensible, but I think "easier" when it comes to Faith is relative. I don't think the TN wants to be much less than 10 since if you have your own religion there's only going to be about one round every ruler where you're not effectively auto-succeeding on TN-only rolls. There's relatively little reason to develop Faith-boosters at the moment since even an ok Faith score is enough for most purposes; you could I guess try to introduce defensive bonuses (which are mentioned in passing but not listed or detailed) since even a +2 bonus isn't going to make the TN a challenge for people.

However this might be an issue with what players are doing rather than the TNs. People either tend to do a lot with Faith, in which case the TN is trivial, or ignore it, in which case it's irrelevant. Encouraging more people to do more Faith stuff without having to go the whole hog of founding and running a religion to get any benefit might help - although I don't know how to do that.

DoomHat - Fair enough. The doctrine is supposed to be at least partially self-contradictory as far as the "you should rise up and overthrow authority to gain power for yourself - but also do what I tell you" goes (as Jaaku Na is in that respect too, and there's another religious influence in there which is not particularly subtle.) I probably explained his power badly; I was expressing myself poetically rather than usefully, I suspect. In D&D terms, it's more like having a supernaturally-enhanced Charisma score than an at-will Charm spell. As far as dominating rulers go, I suspect that the majority of rulers in this game are at least fairly strong-willed and resistant to people telling them what to do by definition.

As far as powers and downfall and so forth goes I'm open to suggestions; I'm not amazing when it comes to that sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible
    Sorry I've been rather quiet lately, but I'm gonna read up on the new ruleset and get to work.

Pretty sure I'm gonna be taking over Sycia and the Doctrine of Frost, if that's okay...
    The rules haven't changed extensively; a few tweaks and confirmations of things we've been doing anyway for a while.
    Last edited by Aedilred; 2014-11-02 at 10:39 PM.
    League Wiki

Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

This round there will be a major Children of Kina related event. Time to burn that Faith 10 I have. I just have to work out a few things and then get approval from Morph. Chances are it will be invitation only.

Keeper of the 49 Rules.

Pet Peeve: Yay ≠ Yeah

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

This round there will be a major Children of Kina related event. Time to burn that Faith 10 I have. I just have to work out a few things and then get approval from Morph. Chances are it will be invitation only.

Requesting an invite please
    Exploratory expeditions expeditiously expediting exploration would be epicurially equipped.