New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Post Rise of the Heros: Journey into the Green Mountains

"..And so it ws the four that charged the blacked gates, casting aside the Minions of Geltratus..till into his tower they fought. there they met him, his transformation almost complete but they were able to stop the ritual by smashing the first gem, causing the spell to fail. The dark priest was sent in the void, though he vowed to one more return......but it hs be a full century since. the Heros parted, going their separate ways. the one we still know of took up the mantle of king, promised to him by the hand of the lady fair...for it was her bloodline that brought him into the royalty. no one objected of course...."

The old man coughed. The children were riveted to the last few words of the tale. One, a young lad, asked what happened next.

"wha...oh yes.....it was assumed that the great evil was destroyed for good...but some say....that even now......the Heros failure to truly destroy him will come back to haunt the lands......but if it were so.....then I think...

A thunderous boom rocks the inn. the door swings open....and red glowing eyes peer in.

the children ran behind the chair where the old man sat. the old man gave a scowl on his face. "so it is true........i should have slain you all those years ago.....your master is gone, and you will not regain what was lost." he cast forth a spell, easily dodged as the monster grabs his throat, pinning him to the wall.

the old amn chokes upon blood as hes strangled. he chokes out a warning to the evil one.

"New champions will rise...they will try to stop you"

the beast ran it's claws down his face as his face showed a breathless scream in agony..

".......Then let them come......I await them...."

Rise of the Heros:
    Journey into the Green Mountains

Spoiler: notes n stuff
    Show
    Last edited by hand ax ranger; 2016-04-16 at 10:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaFinchy View Post
    Schlub brotherhood! *High fives* We're gonna get somebody killed, one of these encounters.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Rise of the Heros: Journey into the Green Mountains

Stannis:

You hit the ground hard.

with much grace and dignity however, you pick yourself back up off the ground. your sparring partner, a young elf fellow, had much skill with the blade he carried. enough to cause you to trip at least...

you are thankful the ground up here is so soft...relatively speaking....for these ground have been trained upon for centuries, by members of the Silver Scepter when they trained for battle. The blue clouded sky complements the green of the grass, and even form here, far from the cliffs, you can see the beauty of the the surrounding countryside. tents of many colors dot the ground up here, as well as the stone pavilions that were built long ago.

"oooh! sorry....that looked more painful than intended......."

Rose:

you approach the gates, but the guards look you down. "ho ho ho!....What bne you then? some sort of freak be wandering into our here town....i think not! you look to be more into eating the folks then living with 'em

the second looks you over..."I don't know...she is awful pretty......wonder whats under that tail... he gets uncomfortably close....

Celci:

You've found yourself in town, hanging around the local market for.....reasons. the town bustles with life, the sounds of the crowd almost blocking out the ringing of the noon bell. as most crowded places, people bump into each other and a crate gets knocked over spilling out apples. some of which roll over to you....

Randolf:

you approach the town along with your war-forged. you see two guards stopping a Draconic looking figure, one seeing a little TOO interested in this oddity.......

the war-forged looks to you... "smash?"

Taika: from the gates of the city you see the guards stop a Draconic woman from entering town..... you came here origanlly the see a member of your church working in the Order of the Silver Scepter. but short of that, you have wandered the streets....

one of the guards now gets too close to the Draconic woman....there might be blood soon.

Luis:

you awaken behind the in.. head very groggy from the night before. your clothes feel tighter than usual....and less....you look down and realized you wear skimpy woman clothing. you have no memory of changing....or what ungodly things might of lead to or happen because of it.

Kelesef:

it is cold in your cell...but then again you would not know, for the dead do not notice such things..

two guards come to your cell. "there.....the Lich....like i said...." one says at the sight of you. the other looks puzzled. "but why does it still...you know..exist?"

the first shrugs. "supposedly...it has turned to good....personally i think it false...it's kind is a villainous sort....."

they hold a torch deeper into your cell. "you fool our lord, undead filth...but not us. I say cleave your head from your neck!"

he spits, then they look upon you more as if your the local freak-show....
    Schlub brotherhood! *High fives* We're gonna get somebody killed, one of these encounters.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Good gods, why did I agree to this?

As I rose, I remembered the elf's request to fight and being too craven to refuse. Now, I realize I should've said "**** all the Silver Scepters and all their traditions with their own horses.", for that posed less threat of pain.

For the elf.

But, now here I am and I must take responsibility for my own foibles.

"Ooh, that was funny, that. You think pain is something fearful to me."

I readied my sword again.
    Last edited by The Hobo King; 2016-04-16 at 08:31 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

"Sir I assure you I am no harm to the people of this town. But if you're friend doesn't remove himself from my personal bubble he will be tasting lightning and blood for weeks."
    Spoiler: Checks
    Show
    Spot 19 sense motive 13 intimidate 18
    Last edited by Notnagel Blade; 2016-04-16 at 08:39 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

You mortals know nothing of what is good and evil. I have lived for thousands of years. I don't care what you think I am. My goals are known only to myself. Simpletons like you with no magical prowess couldn't understand even if i explained it to you slowly.I sacrificed my existence in the research of magic. I dont have the time to coddle you mortals Kelesef replied with a cold glare.

My Name is Kelesef Nartharon. I was once a great warlock thousands of years ago. I have been written about in a multitude of history and magical texts. Ask your elder mages if they have heard of me. you should obey your elders orders and not imprison people without just cause. it will get you in trouble eventually.
    Last edited by Cylyx; 2016-04-16 at 09:40 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

My companion asked me to "smash" when we came across yet another strange comdity of this land. In my native language I told him,

"No, let's try and figure out what's happening and stop it without violence."

Apon hearing my native tongue, the guards and the strange creature turned their attention towards me.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Hobo King View Post
    Good gods, why did I agree to this?

As I rose, I remembered the elf's request to fight and being too craven to refuse. Now, I realize I should've said "**** all the Silver Scepters and all their traditions with their own horses.", for that posed less threat of pain.

For the elf.

But, now here I am and I must take responsibility for my own foibles.

"Ooh, that was funny, that. You think pain is something fearful to me."

I readied my sword again.
    He snickered... "Oh another paladin with a sense if humor....careful not to bust my sides.....or my ribs."

He stands ready, Waster readies behind a shield, but lets you have the first move.

(Combat.... Subdual. You lead Stannis.)

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

I raise my shield and make a quick strike with the butt of my sword against his head. I want to end this fast.

Spoiler: Attack Roll
    Show

(1d20+5)[23]

Spoiler: Damage Roll
    Show

(1d10+5)[12] (Subdual)
    Last edited by The Hobo King; 2016-04-16 at 09:15 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

Rose acknowledges the dwarf and Warforged

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Notnagel Blade View Post
    "Sir I assure you I am no harm to the people of this town. But if you're friend doesn't remove himself from my personal bubble he will be tasting lightning and blood for weeks."
    Show
    Spot 19 sense motive 13 intimidate 18
    The second guard backs off. "Ahhh..let her through......"

the first guard stands aside. "well be keeping an eye out for ya sweetie.....dont be doing anything stupid like......
    you enter the town. the people stare, but go about thier lives as though it were any other day..

...except for a small pack of children who run up and marvel at you.

one boy gasps in awe....Wow.....it's a dragon! in our town"

a little girl points at your scales. "oooo...i thinks she's pretty with those shiny scales...."

the children make a happy ruckus over the "dragon" that has visited.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

I raise my shield and make a quick strike with the butt of my sword against his head. I want to end this fast.

Show

(1d20+2)[6]

Show

(1d8+1)[9] (Subdual)
    (ooc: your both using wasters....wait do you know what those are? Wooden training swords)

you smack into his head good as he brings up his shied too late to block your pommel. staggering a bit, he tires to work in a jab at your leg but misses tragically. he braces for your retaliation.

Spoiler: attack:
    Show

Combat expertise: -2attk for +2 ac
    (1d20+2)[6]
    damage:
    (1d8+1)[9] (subdual)
    Last edited by hand ax ranger; 2016-04-16 at 09:38 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

I saw the guards step aside after giving some trouble and let it in.

"Well, guess it's our turn huh?"

I asked the animation as we walked up towards the gate and soon stopped by the guards.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by hand ax ranger View Post
    The second guard backs off. "Ahhh..let her through......"

the first guard stands aside. "well be keeping an eye out for ya sweetie.....dont be doing anything stupid like......
    you enter the town. the people stare, but go about thier lives as though it were any other day..

...except for a small pack of children who run up and marvel at you.

one boy gasps in awe....Wow.....it's a dragon! in our town"

a little girl points at your scales. "oooo...i thinks she's pretty with those shiny scales...."

the children make a happy ruckus over the "dragon" that has visited.
    "Why hello there. You children should go back to you parents. The streets are very dangerous." she said in a soft friendly tone.
    Show
    Diplomacy 15. That's so cute XD

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

I repeat my attack and strike him in the face this time.

Show

(1d20+5)[18]

Show

(1d8+5)[12] (Subdual)
    Last edited by The Hobo King; 2016-04-16 at 09:50 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

"Why hello there. You children should go back to you parents. The streets are very dangerous." she said in a soft friendly tone.
    Show
    Diplomacy 15. That's so cute XD
    one points to your wings. "....oh...look! she can even fly!" the rest oh and ah accordingly.

they mind you and scatter....though apparently they intend to just watch you from afar....

others mind you little mind. they seem to leave you to your affairs..if only to avoid dealing with you.
    Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    i know right?

BTW you don't always have to use a diplomacy check...only where skilled words are needed.
    Last edited by hand ax ranger; 2016-04-16 at 10:06 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground

She heads towards the Prison. "That old man got himself in trouble again l. *sigh* lets see if I can't persuade the guards to let him go. Damnit Kelesef.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

I repeat my attack and strike him in the face this time.

Show

[roll0]

Show

[roll1] (Subdual)
    Stannis:
    he hits the ground with a thud. dropping his waster, he puts his hand up in defeat. "I halt! you've bested me this time...."

while this occurs, an instructor comes forth to you. "Stannis. Your needed at the Pavilon...the eldars wish a word to you. I belive you're tobe given an task to perform in the name of the Silver Scepter." he motions to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Panzerlied View Post
    I saw the guards step aside after giving some trouble and let it in.

"Well, guess it's our turn huh?"

I asked the animation as we walked up towards the gate and soon stopped by the guards.
    Randolf:
    the guards look you and the War-forged over.....the War-forged being very broadly built, and a big bear's hide on its head and shoulders. it looks down at them.....

"Hi. you in Borb's and Rand's way. Move."

the guards look to you. "Exactly who the hell does this walking hunk of scrap think he is?????? he yours?

Quote Originally Posted by Cylyx View Post
    You mortals know nothing of what is good and evil. I have lived for thousands of years. I don't care what you think I am. My goals are known only to myself. Simpletons like you with no magical prowess couldn't understand even if i explained it to you slowly.I sacrificed my existence in the research of magic. I dont have the time to coddle you mortals Kelesef replied with a cold glare.

My Name is Kelesef Nartharon. I was once a great warlock thousands of years ago. I have been written about in a multitude of history and magical texts. Ask your elder mages if they have heard of me. you should obey your elders orders and not imprison people without just cause. it will get you in trouble eventually.
    Kelesef:

"hahaha...well if your so good and righteous...then why were we instructed to keep you here till our lord wishes to speak with you? or why are you even a lich? stop talking and rot...if you even can. and cease wit the stupid "I'm a good little abomination act. you got caught doing some freaky deaky evil magic (BLEEP), and you're here because it amuses our lord." they laugh at you...
    Last edited by hand ax ranger; 2016-04-16 at 10:43 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

I nod and head to the Pavilion, leaving the practice sword behind. I'd prefer my Bastard Sword if things got troublesome.

I'm sure the elders have the best interests of the church in mind...but that's just it, the church's interests are at the front of their minds.

If the gods tell you not to give your starving mother bread, who do you serve?
    Last edited by The Hobo King; 2016-04-16 at 10:43 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

After some broken communication and some intimidation, we made are way through the gate. If only I knew a good amount of their language I wouldn't have to resort to hand gestures. I look ahead at the bustling city in some nervousness. Three months in this new land and still I can't get used to these large villages. I turn back to the animation and back in my language, I said,

"Let's head to the marckets and get some more supplies."

It nodded in understanding and headed where all the shouting of merchants was coming from.
    Last edited by Panzerlied; 2016-04-16 at 10:37 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Pixie in the Playground

Kelesef laughs. Hahahah this is amusing. you know, try being dead for a few thousand years. Besides I never said i was good. If you really wanted I could become what you really think i am. A lich that has no sense of morality or reason. Using his powers to his advantage and taking advantage of others and killing them. I could have easily done that when i entered this "quaint" city of yours. You think I was captured because I was careless? I was captured because I allowed myself to be captured by you. Had it ever occurred to you why I am here or why I haven't killed everyone in this city?
    Spoiler: Intimidate
    Show
    Intimidate: (1d20+4) Roll: 18 + 4 = 22
    Last edited by Cylyx; 2016-04-16 at 10:42 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

She heads towards the Prison. "That old man got himself in trouble again l. *sigh* lets see if I can't persuade the guards to let him go. Damnit Kelesef.
    Rose:

you search throughout town, but only find booths and shops and homes and such......no Prisons. the townsfolk pay you no mind. the children however still secretly follow you.

I nod and head to the Pavilion, leaving the practice sword behind. I'd prefer my Bastard Sword if things got troublesome.

I'm sure the elders have the best interests of the church in mind...but that's just it, the church's interests are at the front of their minds.

If the gods tell you not to give your starving mother bread, who do you serve?
    Stannis the Stained

you arrive to the Pavilion. theere your chapter master awaits with two others, a dragon-born and a priest of Heironus. they stand as you arrive.

" Stannis, I've sen you on the training grounds and in the temple of bahumant. you are a dedicated man...though i think you sometimes question the ways in which our order works.....which i applaud. i've seen your charity and your humble, yet humorous, ways. it is for this reason i wish to see you tested...on a real quest. the best way to forge steel is force and repetition after all..."

Quote Originally Posted by Panzerlied View Post
    After some broken communication and some intimidation, we made are way through the gate. If only I knew a good amount of their language I wouldn't have to resort to hand gestures. I look ahead at the bustling city in some nervousness. Three months in this new land and still I can't get used to these large villages. I turn back to the animation and back in my language, I said,

"Let's head to the marckets and get some more supplies."

It nodded in understanding and headed where all the shouting of merchants was coming from.
    Randolf:

the War-forged escorts you into the town, looking all over. It see's a stray cat, picks it up, and pets it. "Kitty." it points, acting as if it's good knows that. someone tries to sell him something, to which he looks at him with derp eyes. "Got ax? no." he walks off with the cat after you.

Kelesef laughs. Hahahah this is amusing. you know, try being dead for a few thousand years. Besides I never said i was good. If you really wanted I could become what you really think i am. A lich that has no sense of morality or reason. Using his powers to his advantage and taking advantage of others and killing them. I could have easily done that when i entered this "quaint" city of yours. You think I was captured because I was careless? I was captured because I allowed myself to be captured by you. Had it ever occurred to you why I am here or why I haven't killed everyone in this city?
    Spoiler: Intimidate
    Show
    Intimidate: (1d20+4) Roll: 18 + 4 = 22
    Kelesef:

they both walk off, acting as if they had lost interest but obviously now showing fear. you're left to your thoug..

"hey...nice job getting them to practically rust their armor....a Warlock you say???

22. - Top - End - #22
    Pixie in the Playground

That was just a little intimidation. I had no real intention as to what I said. To answer your question... Yes. I was once known as the Great Warlock Kelesef Nartharon. I wish to know the name of the one who speaks to me now. Besides, it was obvious they had a bone to pick with me. *chuckles slightly*
    Last edited by Cylyx; 2016-04-16 at 11:18 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground

I force myself to keep eye contact with him. The urge to look away from him is great. I don't know why—some people think I'm daunted by the wisdom or the experience their eyes.

Horse****. A man lives his whole life with biases, from boyhood to the deathbed. The longer you've lived, the more foolish you become.

Elders worry me, but don't scare me.

My eyes just like to wander is all.

I give the dragonborn and the priest queer looks. Why are they here?

"What do you want me to do?" I ask the elder.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

That was just a little intimidation. I had no real intention as to what I said. To answer your question... Yes. I was once known as the Great Warlock Kelesef Nartharon. I wish to know the name of the one who speaks to me now. Besides, it was obvious they had a bone to pick with me. *chuckles slightly*
    "I mire or less a good man..... Well am completely. That being my name!"

He steps up to the bars. He a human of avrage size, though his body seems to radiate power. Long brown hair and a longer goatee covers his face, two crazed blue eyes peering out. His hands are tied togheter, but he still seems dangerous.....

"Goodman it is. Thought my friends...Rat bastards.....they call me Lander."

Hecovks his head, giving a fairly disturbing smile.

"we're going to work together I do belive.....yes. Chance meeting in a prison cell.... Hids are using some lazy writing today...by thevway I won't say it."

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

As we walk, I noticed the children running around and talking about something I think they called a dragon. What ever that is, they reminded me of home, all the children playing and learning about different skills and Vallhalla and the gods from their parents. Then the memories of my mother came to mind, only, it is one that will haunt me the rest rest of my life. after that, memories of my father came to. I remember a song that he tought me, before going off to an unknown land to find gold with a fleet of ships and others to bring back. Though, he never came back from this new land when the others did as they unloaded their haul of the biggest amount of gold that we had ever seen. His song is the only thing that I have to remember the by. So, I started to sing it in memory of him.

"Eg songane søkte~
    "Eg songane sende~
    då den djupaste brunni~
    gav meg dråpar så ramme~
    av Valfaders pant~

Alt veit eg Odin~
    kvar du auge løynde~

Kven skal synge meg~
    i daudsvevna slynge meg~
    når eg helvegen går~
    og dei spora eg trår~
    er kalde så kalde~

Årle ell i dagars hell~
    enn veit ravnen om eg fell~

Når du ved helgrindi står~
    og når laus deg må rive~
    skal eg fylgje deg~
    yver gjallarbrui med min song~

Du blir laust frå banda som bind deg~
    Du er løyst frå banda som batt deg~

"Deyr fé, ~
    deyja frændr,~
    deyr sjalfr it sama,~
    en orðstírr ~
    deyr aldregi,~
    hveim er sér góðan getr.~

Deyr fé, ~
    deyja frændr,~
    deyr sjalfr it sama,~
    ek veit einn, ~
    at aldrei deyr: ~
    dómr um dauðan hvern.""

As I sang I heard the children and some elders follow to listen as we made are way to the market. I also had to wipe a few tears our of my eyes as well.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z0PvZGVPiJU
    if you guys want to listen to it.

Translation
    "/ Who shall sing me
    In(to) death-sleep sling me
    When I walk the way of Hel
    And the tracks I tread are cold, so cold

I sought the songs
    I sent the songs
    When the deepest well
    Gave me drops so harsh
    From Valfaders pledge

All know I Odin, where you (your) eye hid

Early or in the days end, still knows the raven if I fall

When you stand at the gate of Hel
    And when you have to tear free
    I will/shall follow you
    Across Gjallarbru with my song / Past the bridge of Gjöll with my song

You become free from the bonds that binds you!
    You are free from the bonds that bound you!"

"Cattle die, kinsmen die,
    you yourself soon must die;
    but there is one thing that never dies,
    the fair fame that one has earned.

"Cattle die, kinsmen die,
    you yourself soon must die;
    but there is one thing that never dies,
    the doom on each one dead."

26. - Top - End - #26
    Pixie in the Playground

What makes you think I would work with you? How would it benefit me? Who knows what would happen if I used my powers to further your agenda.

Spoiler: Sense Motive
    Show
    (1d20+3) Roll: 15 + 3 = 18 (What is he planning on doing? that is what Kelesef is thinking as he studies his target.)
    Last edited by Cylyx; 2016-04-16 at 11:52 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

I force myself to keep eye contact with him. The urge to look away from him is great. I don't know why—some people think I'm daunted by the wisdom or the experience their eyes.

Horse****. A man lives his whole life with biases, from boyhood to the deathbed. The longer you've lived, the more foolish you become.

Elders worry me, but don't scare me.

My eyes just like to wander is all.

I give the dragonborn and the priest queer looks. Why are they here?

"What do you want me to do?" I ask the elder.
    As I said..... Humble and to the point. The local Nobility has called for warriors to fulfill a task. He says it might bebtobour benifit to send one of ours....it not exactly Fiend-smiting. But it'll be enough to get you the reason you neef to leave here and do good."

He hands off to you a parchment with directions as well as a description of the task at hand. The two thers speak in celestial to their dieties, putting forth to ask for them to help you on your journey.

"now pack and leave. You must be on your way now. Talk tobthe stable master. Hell lend you a horse." he sends you off.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Orc in the Playground

I give a nod to the elder to indicate my gratitude, then leave the Pavilion without another word. I make my way to the stables and quickly find the stablemaster. My years spent as a farmhand show their worth sometimes.

"Sir, I need a horse. The Elder of the Silver Scepters has sent me on a quest and bids you to lend me a horse." I say, handing him the letter.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

What makes you think I would work with you? How would it benefit me? Who knows what would happen if I used my powers to further your agenda.

Spoiler: Sense Motive
    Show
    (1d20+3) Roll: 15 + 3 = 18 (What is he planning on doing? that is what Kelesef is thinking as he studies his target.)
    he laughs, leaning his head back. "Agenda!? Are you serious? That requires planning.... And that's a talent the mad don't bother with. You could tell..Right!? Oh, yes I'm mad...."

He pushes himself against the bars. As to makes a point.

"...but I'm the good mad. The self realizing madman has power only few can comprehend. The understanding that one is insane, yet can see past the trivial nonsense of they not mad, to find the valuable things. After all... Genius and madness are often similar"

He sits back on the bed. "beside all that.... It would be to no benefit to get you to help my scheming even if I had one....I seek something to do! So far this cell amused me because...well food, quiet, and I'd say the guards are not unsightly at times...no but now you come and I'm already a quiver for what's to come!"
    Last edited by hand ax ranger; 2016-04-17 at 12:17 AM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

I walk up to a man hanging meat to put up for sale. In a friendly tone.I ask, "Excuse me sir I was wondering if you know where I might find the Prison in this town? I had gotten word that a dear friend of mine got in a bit of trouble. So if you would be so kind into pointing me in the right direction?" She pays little mind to the children.
    Last edited by Notnagel Blade; 2016-04-17 at 10:54 AM.