New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 48 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach D20

1. - Top - End - #541
    Halfling in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default Re: Bleach D20

How about emulating the bankai's "vital pierce"? After all, it takes a lot of feats to get senka. Sneak attack is actually not a prereq, and maybe it would not have to be since the target is wide open and any fighter of a level capable of using senka would know where to hit. I think sneak attack should be given eventually, like level 12, maybe.

2. - Top - End - #542
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NightmareToilet View Post
    How about emulating the bankai's "vital pierce"? After all, it takes a lot of feats to get senka. Sneak attack is actually not a prereq, and maybe it would not have to be since the target is wide open and any fighter of a level capable of using senka would know where to hit. I think sneak attack should be given eventually, like level 12, maybe.
    No, it will not emulate Vital Pierce, that's way too powerful.

I may drop down the feat requirement a bit, and require sneak attack for it, I've yet to decide. Catching someone flat-footed has other benefits, they lose their AC bonus from several sources, like their zanpakutou bonus. It's a potent ability.

Incredibly GAR avatar by Ninja_Chocobo.

3. - Top - End - #543

NecromancerGirl

Thats' true, but uncanny dodge can fix some of that unless uncanny dodge is negated. You could have senka disable 1 level of uncanny dodge and have it do a lesser version of what the bankai does? It depends how powerful you envision it. I mean, Byakuya does it well, but he is so powerful already. Someone else would not do it as well.

4. - Top - End - #544
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by zadcap View Post
    Superior officer in the special forces/police thing, I thought, as Yourichi has never been referd to as a captain even when they said Soi Fon took her position... as head of something, not a captain.
    If I remember correctly,
    Spoiler
    Show
    when Yami and Ulquoirra came to the human world, Yoruichi and Urahara inervened, Ulquoirra tells Yami that he could not take them on because they were ex-captains Urahara and Yoruichi.

I pretty sure this happend. If so, this is proof that Yoruichi is a captain.

5. - Top - End - #545

Quote Originally Posted by NightmareToilet View Post
    Thats' true, but uncanny dodge can fix some of that unless uncanny dodge is negated. You could have senka disable 1 level of uncanny dodge and have it do a lesser version of what the bankai does? It depends how powerful you envision it. I mean, Byakuya does it well, but he is so powerful already. Someone else would not do it as well.
    The only time Byakuya's Senka has been effective is when Ichigo was still crappy. It doesn't deserve to be that powerful, it's not THAT good. Uncanny Dodge could indeed negate it, which Renji and Ichigo both illustrated.

6. - Top - End - #546

NecromancerGirl

Oh, I rememer that, ok. Yeah, I hate him using that move anyway, its like cowardsly for a powerfully trainined guy to do that.

Having summons able to do shunpo is good though. But would they have to be taking away from the shunpo of the shinigami? I think maybe they should start with the same amount of shunpo the user has left. I'm thinking, share abilities + shunpo feats, btw. It makes sense for them to be able to do that, right? So I could put shunpo stuff into bankai base, along with summoning some faeries or whatever and they could tap into the shunpo to spring attack and stuff.

7. - Top - End - #547

NecromancerGirl

Hi, I have not checked recently but,

How about including some rules for parrying? Some weapons have effects that would use this, such as making enemy weapons heavier or releasing shocking blasts.

Would it be good to first see if you avoided the attack and then to roll an opposing attack roll to see if you parried? Expertise and any parrying bonuses, such as from a certain type of weapon, could then be added to this parry roll, also to see if it was a parry that caused you to avoid the attack.

I see some systems use a parrying skill, but that is kind of strange I think for D&D type systems, since parrying is of course part of combat.

Also, I think having a second weapon should of course give a parry bonus to anyone trained in fighting, which is a whole-body training, not a limb by limb training! 2 weapon defense should be just as natural as having a shield to someone who has done style training with 2 weapons. I never really bought the whole D&D thing about it being so much more difficult that it should give big penalties and not automatically let you parry, but then I have not tried it, myself.

8. - Top - End - #548

Is anyone planning on running a bleach game anytime soon? I'd really like to try these rules out.
    My Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #549

Hollow Abilities

Vizard gain access to Hollow abilities while their mask is manifested. Vizard may select any hollow ability from the list that does not physically alter their body in a noticeable way (i.e. Increased Size, Extra Limb, and Increased Hit Die). Vizards may begin taking Adjucha-level abilities when their Vizard level reaches 12.
    Vizards only can reach level 10 in the PrC. I'm going to assume that you ment when your character level reaches 12.

10. - Top - End - #550
    Pixie in the Playground

or they're in epic levels
    Last edited by merashin; 2008-01-14 at 08:29 PM.

11. - Top - End - #551
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by merashin View Post
    i really like the new system... when will a character sheet be made available for this system, i already saw someone else posted one, but i get an error everytime I try to open it.
    did you all just overlook this, or didn't feel like responding

12. - Top - End - #552

NecromancerGirl

I thought it said Vizards can go on forever, no cap, but maybe character level 12 would make more sense, something equal to the kind of reiatsu an Adjucha would have. Otherwise it would take quite a while, you could be level 30 before you finally get what a lowly Adjucha can get!

13. - Top - End - #553

NecromancerGirl

How about a good save, medium save, bad save, as in +2,+1,+0? I think this is better, not such a drastic difference. Or even +3, +2, +1. Or 5 pts to distribute towards saves (none higher than 3), and they progress from there.

14. - Top - End - #554
    Pixie in the Playground

Beholder

Hey I found this Bleach D20 and i must say i like it a lot, but i had a few comments and questions
    1. I feel that the defense bonus system doesn't work right for this, it seems too low, i ran a game and my players at lvl 1 could hit lvl 10 characters with out to much trouble
    2. this is a newb question: I see that your premade characters you released all have weapons with enhancement bonuses like +1 - +8, i was wondering how they got them
    3. Also Ichigo seems to have a bankai ability i cant find called "Time stands still" what is it and/ or where is it?

thx and good job on the game

15. - Top - End - #555

NecromancerGirl

Looking again at Ichigo in your file,

I think from the show he should have brawl and iron will, maybe a feat to use will for fortitude or the reverse?

He has incredible willpower!!

Maybe 2 levels human?

He has track?

Where can I find a description of "enhancement: parrying"
    I don't see it on the srd website http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/magicWeapons.htm

Actually, I don't see mettle there either. http://www.d20srd.org/indexes/feats.htm
    Last edited by NightmareToilet; 2008-01-15 at 11:43 AM.

16. - Top - End - #556

Quote Originally Posted by the moo View Post
    Hey I found this Bleach D20 and i must say i like it a lot, but i had a few comments and questions
    1. I feel that the defense bonus system doesn't work right for this, it seems too low, i ran a game and my players at lvl 1 could hit lvl 10 characters with out to much trouble
    2. this is a newb question: I see that your premade characters you released all have weapons with enhancement bonuses like +1 - +8, i was wondering how they got them
    3. Also Ichigo seems to have a bankai ability i cant find called "Time stands still" what is it and/ or where is it?

thx and good job on the game
    Time Stands Still was renamed to "Furious Blade", the enhancements are I believe accidental carry-overs from older parts of the system where numeric bankai values were doubled, all zanpakutou enhancements also grant an equivalent bonus to AC.

did you all just overlook this, or didn't feel like responding
    I am not terribly skilled with making character sheets, so I have no idea when I'll be able to get one up so we'll have to see with that.

Vizards only can reach level 10 in the PrC. I'm going to assume that you ment when your character level reaches 12.
    The Vizard class does not cap at 10, once it normalizes at level 6, the progression stays that way potentially infinitely. Same goes for Arrancar.

How about a good save, medium save, bad save, as in +2,+1,+0? I think this is better, not such a drastic difference. Or even +3, +2, +1. Or 5 pts to distribute towards saves (none higher than 3), and they progress from there.
    I'm not fond of using Medium saves since they don't show up in the normal D&D and it's another mechanic people have to learn when there's a lot of other stuff they need to learn already.

Looking again at Ichigo in your file,

I think from the show he should have brawl and iron will, maybe a feat to use will for fortitude or the reverse?

He has incredible willpower!!

Maybe 2 levels human?

He has track?

Where can I find a description of "enhancement: parrying"
    I don't see it on the srd website http://www.d20srd.org/indexes/feats.htm
    Actually, I don't see mettle there either.
    Brawl's not a bad suggestion, I'll look into getting that swapped in. Human levels get converted into shinigami/spiritually awakened humans. Giving him the good will progression feat is also an option.

He most certainly does have Track. He used it to find where a hollow was early in the series (the white cord materialization, Ishida has it too).

Parrying and Mettle are things that were added non-core, I can't provide any appropriate links unfortunately.

17. - Top - End - #557

NecromancerGirl

Can anyone tell me where to find parrying and mettle? Thanks.

edit:

Ok, check out parrying here:
    http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/items/weapons.htm

Zanpakuto and psionic weapons = : )

found this: Parrying (+1 insight), Weapon Enhancement, +2. MIC, p. 40

Also, how about these and other feats: http://www.d20srd.org/indexes/psionicFeats.htm
    http://www.d20srd.org/indexes/divineAbilitiesFeats.htm

edit:
    http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/po...nDefensive.htm
    Considering that, maybe the insight could go up by +1 per 3 levels due to increased reiatsu?
    Last edited by NightmareToilet; 2008-01-15 at 01:21 PM.

18. - Top - End - #558

I just say a class online that gave mettle and this is what it is. I hope this is what it is.
    Mettle (Ex)
    If you succeed at a Fortitude Partial or Willpower Partial save, you take no effect as if he had immunity.
    Last edited by Dante & Vergil; 2008-01-15 at 06:17 PM.

19. - Top - End - #559

NecromancerGirl

If that is what you want it to be I think you should put it in the file along with parrying, so that people don't have to try to hunt it down.

Also, I was thinking, should getting parrying mean I have to have a weapon type? It does not change the appearance and is actually sort of a barrier ability, along with defender and some other things. I am surprised you have armor in there. How about putting the ac benefitting stuff also in barrier?

20. - Top - End - #560
    Troll in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

It's strange. He was able to track that Hollow easily at the beginning, but has been fairly inept at repeating success with that kind of skill.

21. - Top - End - #561
    Orc in the Playground

Hey there. This is my first post in this thread.

First of all, I'd like to complement you on taking on such a large task, and continuing it so long after what was likely your spring break. You've got a large amount of material here, potentially enough to sell as a derivative work at game conventions if US copyright law hadn't gotten so out of hand.

Secondly, I'd like to note that a group I'm looking at joining on another board is investigating making an RP using the rules linked to on the front page, which is how I got exposed to them.

I'd like to make a few recommendations for changes. I'm afraid that for some of these, if you were to take them, would require a fair amount of work.

First of all, if you are going to link a profession or social class to a D20 class, you should have a single class, and possibly some prestige classes. Example: A single balanced base class for shinigami to represent basic training, followed by specializing prestige classes to allow specialization in one or more aspects of the class.

If you don't want a single class for the social class or profession then people not in that social class or profession should be able to take that class and access the vast majority (if not all) of it's abilities, with only the appearance and in character name of the ability being different.

For example, Orehime's abilities fall in the 3 areas of protection, healing, and weapon strikes. This could be represented using the rules you already use for zanpakto. The abilities of Chad's arm(s) revolve around protection, and additional damage. Even the Quincy are a specialized kind of augment who would take several of the ranged weapon abilities.

One of the augment classes matches up fairly well against the shinigami warrior class, while another matches up well against the shinigami expert class. For all we know, there may be some spell casters among the augmented humans that just didn't show up in the series.

This would also allow you to combine several of the ability lists, and make the character creation for shinigami and augments even more flexible.

Further, it would greatly help enhance class balance if members of similar classes had access to similar progressions and abilities.

You could then simply call the classes "Warrior" "expert" and "Spellcaster" instead of requiring someone to be a member of a certain group to access the abilities in a class.

You might also want to alter the damage progression so that at certain intervals in the given classes, the damage (from whatever weapon is used) increases by 1 size type. This would have a few different advantages.

First, it would allow very powerful individuals to have normally sized zanpakto that do more damage than the zanpakto of those below them, but for individuals (like ichigo) who have much larger weapons, it would still give them a boost to damage from having that larger weapon at any point in the progression.

Second, it would make it easier to understand what happens when people multi-class, so that if someone wanted to balance their character between raw damage, and expertise in skill might be able to do so (say, by multi-classing between warrior and expert), and make it clear when they gain increases to their weapon damage.

Third, epic monks gain more bonus feats which they can use on increasing their fist damage if they so choose, rather than having a continuing damage progression... so it's not clear when you get greater epic damage when progressing through epic levels, where-as with this system you would know when you will get those damage bonuses.

There are already guidelines for how to use the class defense bonus when multi-classing.
    Last edited by Josh the Aspie; 2008-01-20 at 05:27 AM.

22. - Top - End - #562
    Orc in the Playground

Oh, and as for armor Nightmare:

There are examples of people gaining armor with a release of their weapon in the series. Rengi, for example, when he gains banki. This is most evident due to the tuft. Ichigo as well gets some sort of protective covering. When he releases his special bow Ishida also gets new protective gear.

The butterfly wings Yoroichi gains might be considered armor as well.

23. - Top - End - #563
    Troll in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Josh the Aspie View Post
    Oh, and as for armor Nightmare:

There are examples of people gaining armor with a release of their weapon in the series. Rengi, for example, when he gains banki. This is most evident due to the tuft. Ichigo as well gets some sort of protective covering. When he releases his special bow Ishida also gets new protective gear.

The butterfly wings Yoroichi gains might be considered armor as well.
    Except Ichigo's new clothing isn't armor at all. It's just new clothing that, incidentally, more or less matches the clothing Zangetsu wears.

With Renji, it's not clear that it actually serves any defensive purpose but is more likely another example of matching the Zanpakuto.

Yoruichi's main attribute is speed. So it would stand to reason that armor may slow her down. In addition the wings look more like just an overflow of energy, and they're also part of her Flash Cry attack.

You've probably got something with Ishida and his Final Form, though.

24. - Top - End - #564
    Pixie in the Playground

Or perhaps it has something to do with Reiatsu increase received upon gaining Bankai.
    Spoiler
    Show
    As Kenpachi said in his first fight with Ichigo, when two spiritual objects meet, the stronger one pushes harder. Bankai gives a huge spike in reiatsu, and if you decide to concentrate it twords yourself instead of your weapon, your skin turns into platemail.

25. - Top - End - #565

NecromancerGirl

wow, this forum is always down, maybe there is a better place to have this bleach stuff?

The butterfly spots are from Soifon's attacks I thought.

Ichigo uses his reitsu as armor, as do some others. I think this was even commented on. a feat maybe.

The new clothing is for art, basically, and to help them look different and to show them taking an aspect from the appearance or the zanpakuto spirit, like Zangetsu's cloak manifests a little. Some other shows do this, give the character a new wardrobe when they power up. Kind of silly sometimes. I wouldn't assume it does anything special.

Here is something I made for parrying z, and a barrier ability:

Parrying Zanpakuto:
    -------------------
    precognitive intuition: insight +1 to ac and saves

Increase by +1 per 3 levels, due to increased natural reiatsu focused in the blade (Req: Barrier type zanpakuto for this increase).

For fighters with more than one parrying zanpakuto, the wielder intuitively understands which weapon and movement is best for each parry and save. This effect makes two-weapon fighting easier and more productive: It counters -2/-2 of the attack penalty.

Having more than one parrying weapon stacks their bonuses, for they each channel more reiatsu into the manifesting precognition.

Barrier: Enhanced Expertise: (fixed this)
    --------------------------------------
    req: expertise, zanpakuto (barrier type)

Your Zanpakuto takes hold with you and enhances your expertise, making it twice as effective. Whatever bonuses you switch from offense to defense are doubled on the defense, so 1 becomes 2, 2 becomes 4, etc, 5 becomes +10.

It may thus exceed your base attack bonus, since it is not just you doing it.

This is a full body dodge effect, not per weapon, so 2 weapons do not double it.

--
    If you want to include these, you can go ahead, or whatever.

26. - Top - End - #566
    Orc in the Playground

And using one's increased reitsu as armor, by turning it toward's one's self, rather than one's Zanpakto could very well be represented by a zanpakto ability... as it currently listed under barrier abilities.

As for ichigo's clothes: that looks a lot like a leather trench coat to me, which could easily be represented by D&D's leather armor. In modern era d20 systems, etc, there is often a form of armor that can represent a leather jacket or leather trenchcoat.

27. - Top - End - #567

NecromancerGirl

Oh its fine to have armor in barrier, I was wondering why it was listed in weapon type also, but I guess it could work....

edit: and maybe you can't even cut someone more than a level higher? due to the reiatsu affect? How would that work, though? You only fight those equal to you or else one guy simply can't cut the other?
    Last edited by NightmareToilet; 2008-01-20 at 03:37 PM.

28. - Top - End - #568

NecromancerGirl

I'm thinking how Inuyasha's sword is a lot like a zanpakuto. It would be nice to have a backlash wave that could return an enemy's reitsu on itself and add yours to it.

Here is something I was thinking up that has some similarity to that:

Barrier: Karmic Parry: (fixed this to not be so powerful)
    --------------------
    Barrier: Rejection: Karmic Parry: If parried, the attacker's reiatsu and killer intent is instantly, unavaoidably, rebounded upon him. The opponent must take damage from their own reiatsu equal to what they would have dealt, by killer intention. They cannot take more or less. Also, since this works by their intent, it has nothing to do with damage reduction (or other such things), and this rebound carries any ill effects with it from zanpakuto abilities. The reason it does not kill outright is that their intent was not strong enough to kill outright, even if they thought it was (an excuse for it not being overpowered, or perhaps this is just “mercy”).

Also, this surprise result of taking karmic damage ends the opponent’s attack action and opens them to an attack of opportunity unless they are at least 4 levs higher.

Note: Karmic Parry can only function from blades, not from armor.
    Last edited by NightmareToilet; 2008-01-26 at 11:57 AM.

29. - Top - End - #569
    Orc in the Playground

Oh, and by the way, the butterfly wings I was referring to were the ones that sprouted from Yoroichi's back.

30. - Top - End - #570

Quote Originally Posted by Josh the Aspie View Post
    Hey there. This is my first post in this thread.

First of all, I'd like to complement you on taking on such a large task, and continuing it so long after what was likely your spring break. You've got a large amount of material here, potentially enough to sell as a derivative work at game conventions if US copyright law hadn't gotten so out of hand.

Secondly, I'd like to note that a group I'm looking at joining on another board is investigating making an RP using the rules linked to on the front page, which is how I got exposed to them.

I'd like to make a few recommendations for changes. I'm afraid that for some of these, if you were to take them, would require a fair amount of work.

First of all, if you are going to link a profession or social class to a D20 class, you should have a single class, and possibly some prestige classes. Example: A single balanced base class for shinigami to represent basic training, followed by specializing prestige classes to allow specialization in one or more aspects of the class.

If you don't want a single class for the social class or profession then people not in that social class or profession should be able to take that class and access the vast majority (if not all) of it's abilities, with only the appearance and in character name of the ability being different.

For example, Orehime's abilities fall in the 3 areas of protection, healing, and weapon strikes. This could be represented using the rules you already use for zanpakto. The abilities of Chad's arm(s) revolve around protection, and additional damage. Even the Quincy are a specialized kind of augment who would take several of the ranged weapon abilities.

One of the augment classes matches up fairly well against the shinigami warrior class, while another matches up well against the shinigami expert class. For all we know, there may be some spell casters among the augmented humans that just didn't show up in the series.

This would also allow you to combine several of the ability lists, and make the character creation for shinigami and augments even more flexible.

Further, it would greatly help enhance class balance if members of similar classes had access to similar progressions and abilities.

You could then simply call the classes "Warrior" "expert" and "Spellcaster" instead of requiring someone to be a member of a certain group to access the abilities in a class.

You might also want to alter the damage progression so that at certain intervals in the given classes, the damage (from whatever weapon is used) increases by 1 size type. This would have a few different advantages.

First, it would allow very powerful individuals to have normally sized zanpakto that do more damage than the zanpakto of those below them, but for individuals (like ichigo) who have much larger weapons, it would still give them a boost to damage from having that larger weapon at any point in the progression.

Second, it would make it easier to understand what happens when people multi-class, so that if someone wanted to balance their character between raw damage, and expertise in skill might be able to do so (say, by multi-classing between warrior and expert), and make it clear when they gain increases to their weapon damage.

Third, epic monks gain more bonus feats which they can use on increasing their fist damage if they so choose, rather than having a continuing damage progression... so it's not clear when you get greater epic damage when progressing through epic levels, where-as with this system you would know when you will get those damage bonuses.

There are already guidelines for how to use the class defense bonus when multi-classing.
    A shinigami social-based class would work fine as an expert.

I was actually originally intending to make all classes mirrors of each other, just with different ability sets to represent them. However, Zebedee came up with his Quincy, which used entirely different mechanics, so I decided to try for a somewhat different system for the other human-based classes. If it becomes too challenging to balance, I'll likely just go back to the original intent.

I'm REALLY trying to avoid multi-classing outside of prestige classing if at all possible. That's the reason I based it off the generic classes, so things like that wouldn't happen. I have an idea of how multiclassing MIGHT be handled, which I may include as an optional rule, but as it stands I'm really trying to avoid that.

I don't have rules for epic damage scaling as of yet, but I'll likely just keep the system the same for those purposes. Epic Monks don't normally get it, yes, but I always felt the Epic Monk was uninteresting and lackluster anyway, so I don't mind adding the increase to damage and the like.