New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

Default General Crowdfunding Thread

The Mod Wonder:

This is the crowdfunding thread for Mad Science and Grumpy Technology. In it, you will find discussion and promotion of crowd-funded projects related to various techno-toys that don't necessarily relate to gaming, or crowdfunded science projects. Crowd funding projects for art and jewelry will be found in Arts and Crafts, while those for games can be found in General Role-playing or Gaming (Other).

As a semi-permanent and structured thread, there are two rules that need to be addressed.

Rule 1. All other board rules apply. Do not flame, do not double post, do not troll. If a crowd-funding project breaks any of the board rules (e.g. explicit materials, political or religious in nature), it will be deleted, and the person posting it will receive the appropriate warning or infraction.

Rule 2.Posting crowd-funding plugs. You may post one initial link to your crowd-funding drive, explaining the project; for our purposes, you "own" any project you post the initial link to, whether you're the creator or not. When the project is at a week or less remaining, you may post another reminder of it. You may, of course, join in any discussion of it, though we encourage that to move to the crowd funding site, itself. Do not spam the thread with reminders; if people talk about it, they talk about it.
    Last edited by LibraryOgre; 2015-06-27 at 07:54 AM.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: General Kickstarter Thread

Thank you Mark Hall for creating this thread.
    a relative of mine, together with a bunch of crafty friends, has engineered a new thermostat which comes with all sorts of nifty solutions and added features, most of which manageable remotely, which means that the concept of home automation suddenly becomes a whole lot more affordable and easy to manage.
    Since they're a bunch of technically minded people, their indiegogo page is rather heavy on the technical data and less.. commercially inclined, but the idea is sound and I'm trying to help out on their promotion efforts. If you know of any other place where promoting such an item would garner support, do feel free to share.
    thank you.

and here's the link to the WebTher
    Last edited by dehro; 2014-11-11 at 04:28 AM.
    All hail Smutmulch for crafting my avatar!
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    Cursed zombies are more realistic.
    Spoiler: siggatar and previous avatars.
    Show

the Badass Monkby Avi. Aktarus by Chd. Dehro by Wojiz

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

I found this about a week ago: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...st-9-computer/

It sounds really cool, but I am rather ignorant about hardware, and I was wondering how some of you would perceive it. I can see something that small having enough memory and computing power, but can something that small be durable, long-lived, etc.?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

I just stumbled upon this. A mountable electric drive that fits on any skateboard.
    I'm actually tempted to pitch in for one of the drives. Awfully expensive though.
    And I should actually learn to skate before that.

"Children grow up to be people? All the children I knew grew up to be machines."
    ~Augustus von Fabelrath~
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Somebody should have that sigged.
    Member of Peelee's Church of Sudden Skylight

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: General Crowdfunding Thread

Thanks Mark!

So, here is my own small pitch: I and some colleagues at our community college campus are attempting crowdfunding as a new way to fund small, focused student scholarships. We have had some success, and would like to see more. Here's the link:

https://www.gofundme.com/ivytechwarsaw

The page has a description of what we are trying to do, and a video we produced. We're very grateful for any help, as are our students. Thank you, OOTS!