1. - Top - End - #31
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Default Re: Apple WW

Duck, for no reasons

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

On the one hand, I have a long-standing tradition in real-life games of voting for myself. Something tells me I'm not allowed to do that, though, so...

Tanar Aerdoth, as determined by mathematical equations far too complex for mere mortal minds to comprehend!
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2014-12-11 at 11:29 PM.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Fleeing Coward

@AvatarVecna: I'm pretty sure you are allowed to vote for yourself. It's just a really really good way to wind up lynched here. As far as I can recall it always turns out badly for the person who did so.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    Fleeing Coward

@AvatarVecna: I'm pretty sure you are allowed to vote for yourself. It's just a really really good way to wind up lynched here. As far as I can recall it always turns out badly for the person who did so.
    Fair enough. My first day playing WW in RL, I did that 4 games in a row; I lived the first 3, and was lynched the 4th. Whether it's coincidence or not, that was the only game I was actually the WW; in point of fact, I was the random lynching of the first round. Bad luck, or something more? I've never known...or cared for that matter. It was fun. And the next game I played, someone patiently explained to me why voting for myself wasn't a good idea, no matter what side I was on. And although I follow their advice...voting for myself is kinda fun. Still, I stand by my current vote until my formulas tell me to do otherwise.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

5. - Top - End - #35
    Sprig
    Guest in the Playground

Rain Dragon, Rain and Apples don't mix. Except for the times that they do. Dragons don't like Apples; Red, green or Yellow.
    Last edited by Sprig; 2014-12-12 at 12:45 AM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

Truly flawless logic!

My Homebrew

7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

I wish to become a dragon slayer so I shall suggest Rain Dragon
    The first rule of gaming, before you have even chosen the game is and always should be

HAVE FUN

(FUN being defined as it is in dwarf fortress)

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

Fleeing Coward because I don't want him against me.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Aventine. Ghosts are scary.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey IF, is the a reference to the game we discussed in schoolhouse?

Braveheart jumped on a bandwagon!
    Last edited by Duck999; 2014-12-11 at 09:55 PM.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Barbarian in the Playground

Duck999 jumped on someone for jumping on a bandwagon!

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Duck for not jumping on a bandwagon.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Bugbear in the Playground

Firedaemon33 because that post made no sense.
    Last edited by Fleeing Coward; 2014-12-11 at 10:21 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

I have no guarantee you're on my team. And you're good enough that even if you are, I don't want to risk it. And it's an even better bet in this game because there are three teams of relatively equal size, all of which are opposed, not counting the wolves.

15. - Top - End - #45

So you're basically in Ramsus' "Lynch/Kill FC even if it sabotages your own chances of winning" camp. That's good to know I guess.
    Spoiler
    Show
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

A 2/3rds+ chance you're against me on day 1 with no other info does not a fanatic make. If you can provide proof you're with me, I won't lynch you. Same as if there's another viable candidate. That said, the fact that you're responding to logical points with Ad Hominem attacks makes me even more suspicious of you.

17. - Top - End - #47

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    I have no guarantee you're on my team. And you're good enough that even if you are, I don't want to risk it. And it's an even better bet in this game because there are three teams of relatively equal size, all of which are opposed, not counting the wolves.
    Bolded for emphasis. Your words not mine.
    If you hadn't said that, I would have had no problem with what you said.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

I have to admit Fleeing Coward, I'm new to playing on this forum, and I can see that people have a tendency not to trust you. Hell, you boast about it in your signature.

My Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #49
    Dwarf in the Playground

AvatarVecna because clearly wanting to vote for yourself means guilt, even if you didn't vote for yourself.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

Curses! You've unraveled my clever web of lies! Well, a pox! A pox on you!

My Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

A 2/3rds+ chance you're against me on day 1 with no other info does not a fanatic make. If you can provide proof you're with me, I won't lynch you. Same as if there's another viable candidate.
    Okay. Here's an issue. Constantly paranoia lynching the best players is just bad sportsmanship. It also diminishes the community since those people get frustrated and decide not to play. It's also just bad strategy. You're never going to get very good at the game if you don't actually interact with skilled players.

That said, the fact that you're responding to logical points with Ad Hominem attacks makes me even more suspicious of you.
    If FC is subtle enough and/or skill enough at manipulation to provoke day one lynching, one would assume this isn't a smoking gun in itself. Not saying FC is innocent, but dear Lord, I shouldn't be able to predict who's going to form day bandwagons this predictably in half the games I play here.

Actually...hmm. This might not be worthless after all. Anyone have an idea for faction estimates in this game?

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    Bolded for emphasis. Your words not mine.
    If you hadn't said that, I would have had no problem with what you said.
    Again, in a normal game, I'd think it was less of a good idea, to the extent that I would be very much against it. However, in this game that, assuming the teams are roughly equal, there is an around 66% chance that you are not a friendly. To me, that's pretty good odds, and gods know from Classic WW that if we keep you around until late game and you're not a friendly, there will be problems.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Sprig
    Guest in the Playground

Is there game where FD doesn't shoot herself in the foot day one? Since this seems to be a common occurrence I'm not jumping on this one.

24. - Top - End - #54

braveheart, for the first day

25. - Top - End - #55
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Again, in a normal game, I'd think it was less of a good idea, to the extent that I would be very much against it. However, in this game that, assuming the teams are roughly equal, there is an around 66% chance that you are not a friendly. To me, that's pretty good odds, and gods know from Classic WW that if we keep you around until late game and you're not a friendly, there will be problems.
    If we are going to talk percentages, then it is statistically unlikely that FC is a bad apple. The bad apples are the bigger concern at the moment. So if we have reason to think he is one of them, kill him, but until we have a reason to suspect him we might as well keep him around. By your very own logic that is the best course of action at the moment if you simply apply the logic to good v. bad rather than color based in-fighting.

Also, isn't the chances that people get paranoid and lynch him for being too potentially dangerous pretty high anyway? If he is town isn't the chance that the wolves are going to kill him for being too much of a potential threat pretty high as well? Why waste a lynch on him now?

Anyway, no reason to completely collapse into killing each other based on red v. green v. yellow just yet. There will be plenty of time for that later and jumping the gun only helps the wolves.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

I am definitely still busy, and I really need to update my own game. It's been night for far too long... >.>

But I've got time to pop in and make a random vote, so... [rolls d16->15] Count Dingdong, you are hereby under arrest for...

...forgetting to remove your own name from the randomization... Why oh why does this happen every time? Odds, ye fickle things...

You know, I was going to reroll, but I find this hilarious enough to keep it for now.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Count Dingdong View Post
    I am definitely still busy, and I really need to update my own game. It's been night for far too long... >.>

But I've got time to pop in and make a random vote, so... [rolls d16->15] Count Dingdong, you are hereby under arrest for...

...forgetting to remove your own name from the randomization... Why oh why does this happen every time? Odds, ye fickle things...

You know, I was going to reroll, but I find this hilarious enough to keep it for now.
    You know, if you and I can convince enough people to join us on Team "Vote for yourself", we can make sure that absolutely nothing ever gets accomplished! Waddaya say, are you with me?

My Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #58
    Orc in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

I believe that I shall respectfully decline your invitation to become a member of the "vote for yourself club" thank you for the invitation, however I do not believe that joining your club is in my best interests
    The first rule of gaming, before you have even chosen the game is and always should be

HAVE FUN

(FUN being defined as it is in dwarf fortress)

29. - Top - End - #59
    Sprig
    Guest in the Playground

How about the vote for Braveheart club? It is similar to the vote for yourself club but without the mushy complications.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
    If we are going to talk percentages, then it is statistically unlikely that FC is a bad apple. The bad apples are the bigger concern at the moment. So if we have reason to think he is one of them, kill him, but until we have a reason to suspect him we might as well keep him around. By your very own logic that is the best course of action at the moment if you simply apply the logic to good v. bad rather than color based in-fighting.

Also, isn't the chances that people get paranoid and lynch him for being too potentially dangerous pretty high anyway? If he is town isn't the chance that the wolves are going to kill him for being too much of a potential threat pretty high as well? Why waste a lynch on him now?

Anyway, no reason to completely collapse into killing each other based on red v. green v. yellow just yet. There will be plenty of time for that later and jumping the gun only helps the wolves.
    Aventine, you make a good point. And had he not attacked me personally and instead made these points, I probably would have dropped the argument. However, he immediately called me a fanatic for logically deciding that he could very well be a threat, one way or another, and the odds were acceptable that he would be a good lynch with no other information. Which, in my opinion, says more even than just the percentages: People attack their opponent's character when they have no other arguments.