New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Apple WW

1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Apple WW

@Tanar: That's kinda a confusing thing to answer. On the one hand he's repeatedly accused me of not having a logical argument at all. On the other, earlier on he did make an argument that he feels we should believe the most likely explanation is that the wolves are trying to get us to lynch him. Though he didn't explain why that's more likely than anything else or address the problems with that plan if the wolves really had it. Which is odd since I had pointed out the flaws of such an idea before he responded. And as I mentioned, afterwards he repeatedly claimed I didn't have a logical argument at all. So..... *shrug*

@Braveheart: Yeah, no there's still a fair chance of either of us being absolutely anything. Also as far as I can tell there hasn't been a single coherent argument for why I'd be more likely to be a wolf than anyone else yet.

@Sprig: That level of paranoia about being lynched is just my default state these days. I just get lynched early and for not good reasons a lot and Aventine and FC have thrown around such stuff already and I wouldn't be surprised if that managed to go somewhere eventually. It's also not uncommon to get from "let's ignore Ramsus cuz X" to "let's kill Ramsus for some nonsense reason".
    Edit: It also seems a bit weird to me that you were one of the people advocating for people to ignore me and then expected people to have understood my arguments. Not like, completely backwards weird or anything. Just a bit odd.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2014-12-14 at 04:14 PM.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Sprig
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    Edit: It also seems a bit weird to me that you were one of the people advocating for people to ignore me and then expected people to have understood my arguments. Not like, completely backwards weird or anything. Just a bit odd.
    Both of you. Ignore both of you!

I only expect those agreeing with you to have understood your arguments.

- - - Updated - - -

Sprig’s (PHBASFOHOB) Summary of Accusations so far.

Spoiler: Accusations
    Show
    Ramsus:
    FC looked like a viable night one target for wolfs because a) he’s a good player & b) he ended up looking like a mason. Since FC did not die… FC is high possibility wolf.

FC:
    Claims Ramsus is gunning for FC just for meta reasons, also claims Ramsus was making up stuff about FC editing a post.

Sprig:
    Legato Endless is responsible for Ducks death. 3 votes on the first day with a no minimum lynch is usually enough to seal the deal.

Rain Dragon:
    Pressure vote on LE. Agrees with Sprigs reasoning.

Penguinator:
    Tanar Aerdoth for withholding his vote.

The Phantom:
    Tanar Aerdoth because he dislikes the other options.

FC because he votes to provoke people. Also to wants to lynch him to stop the argument that is derailing the thread. (Explanation taken from by Sprigs post just above his btw.)

firedaemon33:
    Edit: Doesn't trust FC and thinks FC's responses are even more suspecious. Whats to be on one of the bandwagons to add pressure.

Aventine:
    Suspect of Ramsus for playing on FC’s Reputation. Voteing for Legato as another pressure vote.

Vwulf DeMarcus:
    Legato to avoid Ramsus/FC debacle

Sphazre:
    Voting Legato. Not sure why.

braveheart
    Thinks one of FC or someone else must be wolf. Choosing FC.

Who have I missed?

(*Possibly horribly biased and slanted for his own benefit :P)
    Last edited by Sprig; 2014-12-14 at 06:14 PM.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

Wow. Just wow Sprig. That just made me trust you like 50% less. That thing about firedaemon, that was the biggest part... but just in general... wow.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sprig View Post
    firedaemon33:
    Tunnel Vision. Regardless of any explanation, this is probably a normal response for this person.
    Yeah, um, no. It's day 2, I day 1'd FC because I don't trust him and his responses made me even more suspicious, today he's one of two leading bandwagons and for the reasons outlined above by Penguinator, I don't want to vote for Legato.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Sprig
    Guest in the Playground

Yeah FD's is a comment on her vote rather a summary of why she is voting. I should fix that. Strangely enough I don't have an issue with her vote seeing as it fits in with her expected behavior. EDIT: I just her C&P response in there. See how useful this was. Already we have one vague accusation being refined.

@Ramsus Oh, sorry! Are your wades of text actually a deliberate attempt to drown out everything else? Do you object to me bringing light to the other other accusations being made?

If you are actually objecting to my summery of your accusation please feel free to provide it in no more than two sentences and I will cut&past it in there.
    Last edited by Sprig; 2014-12-14 at 06:14 PM.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

Uh... are you serious? I was objecting to the way you portrayed.... basically everyone. If you're not going to try and accurately represent everyone without a giant handful of your bias tilting it, you probably shouldn't do it at all. It makes you look really bad.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Sprig
    Guest in the Playground

I am aware of the risks. But I'm perfectly happy with my synthesizes.

My PHBASFOHOB is just a joke on the fact people can look at the same event and see two different things. I am recognizing that ad none of you should even take my summery as 100% Gospel. This is just my take on it. I fully expect if there was something on here that warranted further investigation you would go back and check it out.

Perhaps I should add Post numbers so people can find the related post easier?

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

Ok so one really serious question then Sprig.

Spoiler: Read at your own risk
    Show

Uh... what's PHBASFOHOB stand for?
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2014-12-14 at 07:12 PM.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Sprig
    Guest in the Playground

Quote or highlight my accusation summury post to find out :P
    Last edited by Sprig; 2014-12-14 at 07:56 PM.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGuy

Re. Summary of Accusations:
    Sphazre is voting for Legato for the same reasons as Sprig. Also because FC vs Ramsus just feels like a grudge match.
    Was hap_hazard. Hello.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

So I doubt there's a whole ton of day left. We're really lynching a guy who hasn't said anything in his defense at all?

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

So I doubt there's a whole ton of day left. We're really lynching a guy who hasn't said anything in his defense at all?
    There's roughly 30ish hours left before the in-game day ends; I'm sure they'll log on at some point.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #193
    Sprig
    Guest in the Playground

I feel ya. Could go Tanar... i suppose. AvatarVecna or Rain dragon (again) are other suitable options imo. But for those to work it would depend on who is online. The other obvious solution is FC and just make a move to end it.

There's roughly 30ish hours left before the in-game day ends; I'm sure they'll log on at some point.
    More like 2.5 hrs. I think.
    Last edited by Sprig; 2014-12-14 at 10:41 PM.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Pixie in the Playground

Day Phases over weekends, including this one, will be 72 hours for the duration of the game. I remember hearing a lot of people usually aren't here on weekends, and while I don't know if it still holds true I'm acting like it does.

- - - Updated - - -

So Day 2 will end tomorrow night.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZarethG View Post
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

(Sugar Shock avatar by Dirtytabs.)

15. - Top - End - #195
    Sprig
    Guest in the Playground

OH right - clearly there at 72 hrs... :( did not compute. But its nearly going on Tuesday for me so not weekend at all.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Internet Flea View Post
    Day Phases over weekends, including this one, will be 72 hours for the duration of the game. I remember hearing a lot of people usually aren't here on weekends, and while I don't know if it still holds true I'm acting like it does.

- - - Updated - - -

So Day 2 will end tomorrow night.
    Thank you. Although posting in response to days old replies leaves me feeling uncomfortably similar to a game we recently watched.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    I'm going to throw out there once again that Legato Endless hasn't actually said anything. Does anyone know if he has said anything about being absent?
    I was essentially inundated all weekend. Work, two social gatherings (one of which was a fairly tedious slog), some things I'm forgetting on this hazy morning. Anyway, my apologies to the town for this. However, I can really only guarantee not to miss multiple game days in a row. Things happen and whatnot. And while I have no issue with lynching me in general for such, I do have a specific concern.

He currently has more than 1/3 of the votes of the living players. I think that's enough for the time being. I will also point out that voting for Legato Endless "because he's not Ramsus or Fleeing Coward" is hardly valid reasoning.
    There's almost certainly at least one wolf hiding in my bandwagon.

As far as I can tell, the last activity from Legato Endless came at 13:46 EST yesterday. At this time, he had a single vote from Sprig. Under that circumstance, I could understand not rushing to defend himself.
    Actually, I had a sneaking suspicion I'd be a top candidate today, though the break away vote was a bit of a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    Yeah, um, no. It's day 2, I day 1'd FC because I don't trust him and his responses made me even more suspicious, today he's one of two leading bandwagons and for the reasons outlined above by Penguinator, I don't want to vote for Legato.
    Hmm. Not sure what I think of this.

Quote Originally Posted by braveheart View Post
    Sorry I have not posted for a while, I es unavailable at all yesterday, and had to read a number of massive walls of text to get caught up, now that I am I believe that the FC Ramsus argument shows one of then to be a wolf, however I cannot be sure of which, that Beeing said, it seems that legato is doomed unless he defends himself. Seeing a 50/50 shot is probably better odds than finding the bad apples in the rest though so I will vote for FC because out if the two my gut says it him
    Couldn't we both be town?

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    Am I really the only one that thinks Ramsus making up stories about me editing my posts to be significantly different than what he replied to be a wolf making a stupid mistake trying to frame me?
    If it were anything else, I'd be inclined to agree. But the ongoing war makes it really hard to get much of a read for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    The wolfiest thing I see from day one is that Tanar and Legato Endless posted together twice. Now, sure, maybe they just happen to log on at the same time, but that seems unlikely. The first posts were at 1:25 and 1:37 EST, and the second were at 16:55 and 17:07 EST. If both of these times were, y'know, roughly the same time of day, that may make a little more sense. But these events were at a difference of more than twelve hours. Also, I don't know about anyone else, but I don't generally make an effort to post exactly twelve minutes apart from anybody else here. That happened twice.
    I don't make an effort to post in prolixity to anyone in particular, regardless of alignment. That's a lot of precision to what precise end? Particularly day 1. Sometimes this just happens.

Okay. Of the wagon on me, I think the following:

Sprig- Something about Sprig is pinging me, but I'm not what precisely. Moderate Finger of suspicion.

Rain Dragon was a mistake on my part yesterday. I should have switched off of Duck when it became apparent he didn't look particularly great a target. But I was distracted, and the feud sort of distracted me. Part of this is Sprig simply pulling off Rain Dragon for the non action of defending himself with a vote from lynch. There's also the convenience of removing him from the kill list on day 1. Granted, Sprig could very well be town, but I normally expect to see more activity from Rain Dragon. He's not normally one to put up a single vote and vanish.

Sphazre and Vwulf haven't really been active enough for me to form an opinion on yet, and I have don't any significant suspicions on Aventine currently.

As I don't really see much reason for lynching Fleeing Coward currently, I'm not going to support that bandwagon. He's essentially neutral to me currently, although I lean townish. But I don't trust early leans on FC in general, which is partially why I dislike lynching him early on in general.
    Last edited by Legato Endless; 2014-12-15 at 12:57 PM.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Orc in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Legato you seem to misunderstand my post, I was simply saying that you looked to be in a very bad spot if you failed to speak up. my 50/50 opinion is Ramsus and FC, not you and FC.
    The first rule of gaming, before you have even chosen the game is and always should be

HAVE FUN

(FUN being defined as it is in dwarf fortress)

18. - Top - End - #198
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ok, Legato is town. I'm pretty confident of that. I don't want to lynch FC. Not today at least. Neither do I want Ramsus. I really don't have any strong suspicions anywhere, but I'll join Legato in voting Rain Dragon.
    Last edited by Tris; 2014-12-16 at 12:12 AM.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

Legato, since you're basically saying you can't be assed to read any of my posts but are willing to consider putting blind faith in FC making a ridiculous accusation at me for making a mistake I already explained how was made, you should read my post on the previous page which has "compared to everyone else" in about the center. It's a clear explanation of why I think we should lynch him. Also I believe some of the people trying to encourage others to offhandedly dismiss anything I say are also some of the people on your wagon. Food for thought no?

Also it occurs to me how odd it is that Aventine never said anything in response to my response to his absurd accusation at me.

Edit: @Sprig: You see how people keep throwing my name around as if it's even reasonable for me to be considered as a viable lynch candidate? Yeah, that is why I'm wary of being lynched despite a lack of wagon. Even if it's not today, the wolves are totally going to push that wagon at some point and town is going to go along without bothering to analyze to reasons for doing so.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2014-12-15 at 02:35 PM.

20. - Top - End - #200

Legato, since you're basically saying you can't be assed to read any of my posts but are willing to consider putting blind faith in FC making a ridiculous accusation at me for making a mistake I already explained how was made,
    I'll let Legato respond to this, but I'm confused on where you're getting this.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

The combination of him not responding to anything I said and what he chose to respond to of what FC (a completely random accusation he was repeating) and what his response to it was. It was pretty telling that he didn't even notice that I questioned why he was our leading wagon.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2014-12-15 at 03:13 PM.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

Legato, since you're basically saying you can't be assed to read any of my posts but are willing to consider putting blind faith in FC making a ridiculous accusation at me for making a mistake I already explained how was made, you should read my post on the previous page which has "compared to everyone else" in about the center. It's a clear explanation of why I think we should lynch him.
    Ah, sorry. That wasn't really my intention at all.

)
    So to restate for the... uh.... again: My logical reason for voting for FC is based on the fact that Duck, a mason died to a measly three (I think) votes defending FC instead of defending himself. That's pretty weird as Duck should have prioritized defending himself first and other masons should have helped even if that risked eventual exposure earlyish on like say day 4, because that's a lot better than a dead mason day 1.
    I don't think Duck was really hardcore defending FC though. He just didn't agree with the overall thrust and voiced his discontent. That's not very risky as a mason. Duck should have claimed yes, but that's irrelevant to FC's status.

You said that he is such a good player that it is not worth the chance he is on our side, and could help us win. That is a horrible reason. I'd keep him alive until we had more evidence because he is useful on our side.
    This isn't really a smoking barrel to me. It's three sentences of disagreement. Masons can still argue for the perceived innocence of other players. It's not like he got super invested in the outcome.

He could be a non-mason power role but... what are the chances a mason would randomly protect him without having any way of knowing that and the wolves would also randomly decide not to kill him? That's pretty small. It still exists, but then I have to wonder why FC hasn't made even a soft role claim to save his bacon rather than throw really silly accusations my way or just tried to force the Legato wagon to gain more steam which would be way easier. There's also the chance that the wolves decided it was ok to leave FC alone, even figuring he had a good chance of being a mason, and that we'd lynch him today.
    See, I don't find this occurrence particularly unlikely. Leaving vanilla FC alive as a wolf can pay off well in the short. I know, because I did it in my first wolf game. Despite FC solving the game, the town was too paranoid to completely listen to him. Leaving him alive kept them doubting him, kept them looking at him. Looking there, as opposed to all the places they should have been looking. They expended a nontrivial amount of energy trying to figure out why he was alive so long. Even ignoring that which was a bit more involved, leaving FC alive is a decent move because the town hive mind will often do your work for you. People get too distracted by his reputation.

Now granted, I don't really have a hard opinion here. FC might well be a wolf. But I don't see the current evidence to add up to much here, and so I'm inclined to pursue other avenues.

The combination of him not responding to anything I said and what he chose to respond to of what FC (a completely random accusation he was repeating) and what his response to it was. It was pretty telling that he didn't even notice that I questioned why he was our leading wagon.
    I noticed, but I'm not sure if that's you realizing the current situation, or capitalizing on it later when I flip town. I responded to FC partially because I have more experience with him as a player, whereas I haven't played quite as much with you, and not recently. So while I come out mostly neutral for both, I have some existing meta to draw on towards him. Also, this issue is partially me being annoyed with repetitive annoyances. Count being killed night 1 yet again irked me considerably.

If you want to potentially improve my read on you, give me a read on someone who isn't FC or Aventine. I'd love to bounce off ideas.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Sprig
    Guest in the Playground

Even if it's not today, the wolves are totally going to push that wagon at some point and town is going to go along without bothering to analyze to reasons for doing so.
    I have given you my thoughts on that matter before which I won't spell out here least I assist the wolves in considering their options.

- - - Updated - - -

Unvoting Legato and putting a place holder on Tanar Aerdoth while I consider who's best option.

Its probably going to be him or Rain Dragon...

I think the Tally is now :

LE: 4
    FC: 3
    TA: 3
    RD: 2
    Last edited by Sprig; 2014-12-15 at 04:04 PM.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

Legato, I don't see the need for me to spend energy on "improving your read on me". I have yet to see a reason that makes any sense for my being a wolf and I can't see based on what you just said how I would convince you of anything anyhow. Odd as it is, now that you've said anything you actually seem way more likely to be a wolf to me than you were before. Your entire attitude in that last post strikes me as incredibly off. Like you have a way too put together defense for FC and all the reasons seem more like excuses than a normal logical argument, almost as if you've been working on it for a while, possibly with some help. And deciding that I can't have a read on Aventine either even though he's been joining FC in trying to paint me as a wolf for things that make no sense and I still haven't said he's reading more off to me than anyone else also strikes me as an oddly pre-meditated action that sounds like a discussion was involved and concluded that would be a good pre-counter to if I decided to go that direction later. Which would be a good move for the wolves since nobody else is looking at his behavior at all as far as I've seen.

So I think I'll turn this around on you and ask for an explanation on why you think Aventine isn't worth examining. And please, don't just say you were saying it just because there's antipathy between the him and I, that's not an answer to what I'm asking and is just about the most obvious excuse you could come up with. (Could also be the truth, but I don't care as what I'm looking for is more reads on you.)

25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground

Um, Ramsus, the point of "improving people's read on you" is to convince them that you're trustworthy. To hyperbolize a bit, you're not likely to survive a Werewolf game by claiming you don't need to prove that you're not a wolf. Even if you're not a wolf (which I'm not saying your are or aren't), it's likely to get you lynched; you're not getting lynched because you've done something to make yourself look like a wolf, but because you've done nothing to make yourself not look like a wolf. Improving other people's opinions of you is how you survive the game, villager or wolf. Also, I think they've made a good point: Duck's defense of FC is pretty limited, and Legato has actually made a good argument for why an innocent FC would still be alive. Of course, the fact that he's quoting that reason from a game where he was wolf is more than a tad suspicious, at least to me, but it could also be a coincidence. Just out of curiosity though...Hey Legato, who else was a wolf in that game you mentioned? If they're playing this one, too, they might be wolves in this one as well.

As for Aventine...

Well, my first thought was that, from what I've observed, Aventine tends to be on during the wee hours of the morning (at least, in my time zone), so I thought that maybe they haven't responded due to sleeping...but no, they would've responded last night if that was the case; also, while I've noticed they tend to be online at those early hours, they rarely respond. Inactive wolf, bored townsperson, sneaky mason, or something more convoluted? I'm not sure. If they're a wolf, they've probably shut up to avoid drawing suspicion, which is in and of itself a suspicious behavior. If, instead, they're a townsperson, then I would think they've stopped responding because they're tired of arguing with someone when they feel like the argument isn't convincing the other person of anything. They've claimed not to be a mason, but FC made a good case for why no intelligent mason would ever claim unless they had to, so while I'm not saying they're necessarily a mason, I'm not going to rule it out just on their say-so.

TBH, though, I'm not entirely sure what "logic" they've claimed to be using; from what I've seen, their last really lengthly post (which was days ago) seemed to relate more to the color war and the conversation between FC and firedaemon than it related to your arguments; it only really mentioned your comment as a sidenote near the end. A few comments between the two of you lead to a circular logic discussion that somehow resulted in you saying that they said something that was actually the opposite of what they said...maybe. I'm having trouble following their thought process. And considering they haven't spoken up once in over 30 hours, I'm not sure what to expect.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

Legato, I don't see the need for me to spend energy on "improving your read on me". I have yet to see a reason that makes any sense for my being a wolf and I can't see based on what you just said how I would convince you of anything anyhow.
    Well, it's not all about me. That was somewhat euphemistic. My point was more, if you ignored FC and , and gave some general ideas about some of the rest of the players, it tends to give other people a clearer idea of things.

Also, because I'm going to flip town Ramsus. And that might affect players reads later depending on this interaction.

Odd as it is, now that you've said anything you actually seem way more likely to be a wolf to me than you were before.
    That's not odd. It's not right this time, but that's just the nature of the game.

Your entire attitude in that last post strikes me as incredibly off. Like you have a way too put together defense for FC and all the reasons seem more like excuses than a normal logical argument, almost as if you've been working on it for a while, possibly with some help.
    Heh. Naw, I didn't have help. It's not something I grabbed out of the ether though either, as it's based off an ongoing frustration. The issue here is, I'm not really arguing for a defense of FC, more that, the general approach towards FC regardless is flawed. If FC does something that looks scummy, I've nothing against lynching him. But right now it's too circumstantial for my liking. I don't have a gut feeling to verify that, so I'm inclined to look elsewhere.

And deciding that I can't have a read on Aventine either even though he's been joining FC in trying to paint me as a wolf for things that make no sense and I still haven't said he's reading more off to me than anyone else also strikes me as an oddly pre-meditated action that sounds like a discussion was involved and concluded that would be a good pre-counter to if I decided to go that direction later. Which would be a good move for the wolves since nobody else is looking at his behavior at all as far as I've seen.
    I'm not deciding you can't have a read on anything. I just want to hear about someone else. Until more info comes into the equation, I'll remain vaguely neutral toward them. FC based off perhaps foolishly off past history, Aventine simply by a dearth of evidence. Look at it this way. Focusing continually on FC, even if you're simultaneously dealing with other issues, still gives him a pretty grand excuse to focus back on you. If you let the matter breathe for a while, you can establish town credit elsewhere, force FC to talk about something else, and then later you might have more evidence to support your argument. Otherwise there's always the risk you burn out the town's attention span on a particular player and they ignore you even when a flaming brand appears.

So I think I'll turn this around on you and ask for an explanation on why you think Aventine isn't worth examining. And please, don't just say you were saying it just because there's antipathy between the him and I, that's not an answer to what I'm asking and is just about the most obvious excuse you could come up with. (Could also be the truth, but I don't care as what I'm looking for is more reads on you.)
    Again, less that I don't think it's worth pursuing, but because I'm prioritizing other avenues currently. And also because I would prefer to put some pressure on the non posters. There's a decent chance there's a wolf idling around in the less committed postings. Aventine tends to be one of the more intense players. I know he'll engage when someone puts something up he doesn't agree with, or wants to manipulate.

Edit:

Hey Legato, who else was a wolf in that game you mentioned? If they're playing this one, too, they might be wolves in this one as well.
    @Avatar Vecna: Sprig and Tanar. However, that's not why I pointed at Sprig. It's also possible I'm just not used to playing V/V with Sprig, since I think this is the first time (dying the first night in Space doesn't count). It wasn't a particularly revolutionary strategy, I just took it further than most. I feel vaguely better about Tanar, for all of a day 2 assessment is worth.
    Last edited by Legato Endless; 2014-12-15 at 05:22 PM.

27. - Top - End - #207

If Sprig's tally is correct, I would rather not lynch any of the top 3 players. If it comes down to it I'll go for FC, but I'd rather lynch someone else.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Bugbear in the Playground

Just making a quick post from my phone noting that I'm here. I'll change my vote off Ramsus later when I have time. Willing to let that drop for now until I have more evidence to back up my belief he's wolf.

Was busy yesterday morning then got distracted by the hostage situation and stuff later so I have abit of catching up to do.
    Last edited by Fleeing Coward; 2014-12-15 at 05:37 PM.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

@AvatarVecna: I'm not gonna go into a long response cuz I don't have a ton to say about what you said. Though I will say that 1) I don't know why you went and answered a question I poised to someone else when I expressly stated the purpose was to see how they responded to it. (Fortunately for us and them they ignored you doing so.) 2) I'm glad you're in this game, even if some of what you say is kinda weird, it's nice to have someone adding a new perspective to things we're not used to.

@Legato: I think we're going to get into one of those situations where it's going to be really difficult get FC lynched later on if he is a wolf and even if he isn't we're going to waste a lot of energy on him. It's not like we can just drop the issue either since.... ignoring leads on people being wolves because they're who they are is suicidal.

And despite your request, I can't really answer it as I have no other strong leads. Yeah, I've gotten suspicious whiffs off AvatarVecna, you, Sprig, and Aventine. But that means next to nothing when I don't even consider any of those at FoS level suspicious, which makes them barely above the quiet people. Who in turn are barely above whoever is left between those things. Which means after FC I'm nearly as suspicious of everyone almost equally. I also either missed something, failed to understand something, or there really isn't a good reason for why people are suggesting Tanar or Rain Dragon.

So yeah, unless I get a really good reason for someone else, I'm gonna stay on FC since he's who I think is most likely out of anyone to be a wolf, he's been pretty rude and doing a lot to damage my ability to enjoy the game even though I've repeatedly asked him to be at least minimally civil, and it would be a lot better for town if FC isn't a constant distraction from other important things too (and at this point I don't see how that's ever going to happen unless he dies or is confirmed by narrator in some manner as town).

30. - Top - End - #210
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Also it occurs to me how odd it is that Aventine never said anything in response to my response to his absurd accusation at me.
    Yeah, I stopped really responding to you a while back. I was tired of arguing pointlessly with you, and I rather suspected everyone else was tired of listening to my and FC's arguments with you. If you really, really need me to answer some things then collect them and restate them and I will take a look. (Maybe stick them in a spoiler so people can skip over them if they are as tired of this argument as I am?)

@AvatarVecna: If I understand you right, you are asking what my logic was that made me conclude FC is a bad lycnch, right? So here:

Firstly, my counter-argument to what firedaemon said day 1. Namely, that FC is statistically likely to be town (simply based on the random distribution of roles). Agreeing with firedaemon's argument that FC is dangerous to his enemies I concluded that it is to our advantage to keep him alive for now until we can be sure he is our enemy.

Secondly, the mason stuff. I am not in the habit of lynching someone I think has a decent chance of being a mason.

Thirdly, the wolves left him alive. This is difficult, because it very well could mean he is one of them. But it also could simply be that they wanted us to lynch him. It's like Legato said, leave him alive and let people's paranoia mess with them. Decent plan for wolves.

Underlying all this is my opinion that the conflict between good and bad is more pressing and important than the color war. At least for the foreseeable future.

So I see no conclusive (or even particularly strong) reasons to think he is a wolf. I see some (arguably weak) reasons to think he may be town. I think keeping him alive, but also keeping an eye on him, benefits town because we have the potential to greatly benefit from him if he is town, and can kill him as soon as we have good evidence if he is a wolf.

My vote count (sees slightly different from Sprig's, not sure who made a mistake)

FC: 4 (Ramsus, AvatarVecna, firedaemon, braveheart)
    Legato: 3 (Rain Dragon, sphazre, Vwulf)
    Tanar: 3 (Penguinator, Phantom, Sprig)
    Rain Dragon: 2 (Legato, Tanar)
    Ramsus: 1 (FC)
    No vote: 1 (myself for the moment)

I am not happy about FC being in the lead, but I didn't want to keep voting for Legato. I am holding my vote for the moment to decide what to do.