New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Apple WW

1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Apple WW

No that's fine. That's a good enough explanation for me. Believe it or not, I'm almost certainly more tired of that kind of thing than you are.

So, if I'm understanding you correctly, we should not ever lynch FC if we don't have proof (or at least an incredibly high chance) he's a wolf. But we should not extend that privilege to everyone else... why exactly? And if we did, are you then proposing we don't lynch anyone at all until we're basically having a seer claim telling us someone is a wolf or such? Or what? Like, what's the plan here that doesn't involve FC getting inexplicable special not getting lynched privileges for no reason or town committing suicide by never lynching anyone without more prove than we will have 90% of the time?

(In case the emoticon doesn't clarify my feelings for you, I'm not attempting to pick a fight with you. Your logic just doesn't make sense to me.)

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    I normally expect to see more activity from Rain Dragon. He's not normally one to put up a single vote and vanish.
    This is certainly true. I have been feeling unable to join in on most of the Day 2 discussion. I can't figure anything out from the back and forth and found reading it to be rather draining for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanar Aerdoth View Post
    If Sprig's tally is correct, I would rather not lynch any of the top 3 players. If it comes down to it I'll go for FC, but I'd rather lynch someone else.
    I feel more or less the same. I don't think my continued vote for Legato is well placed, but I am having a hard time with this game. For now, in case I do not get back I am going with a no vote.

But I should be around for the end of day if my calculations are correct though there are only a few hours.

Please excuse any typos as I am currently on a mobile device.

EDIT - Misphrasing
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2014-12-15 at 11:22 PM.
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

3. - Top - End - #213
    Bugbear in the Playground

Tanar. Don't believe Legato is a wolf based on his responses. I'd much rather lynch Ramsus but that isn't going to happen so pure survival vote here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Sprig
    Guest in the Playground

Right now I had a chance to think about it… The reason I am switching off Legato is
    a) he now is active and putting in meaningful contributions. Wolf or not this is actually beneficial for the village. As it is much, much harder to be wolf and active contributor.
    And
    b) my initial accusation on him wasn't that solid. Maybe which is possibly why it wasn't even defended by Legato. EDIT:I take that back he did address it. Would want some explanation from him in regards to his relationship with Tanar though.

So lets looks at other options.

Tanar :
    Mirrors Legato in that they both switched off their initial vote onto duck at roughly the same time. Both now voting for the same person, so close enough that you could use Tanar as a read on Legato. As I mentioned above, Legato now has contributions in his favour where as Tanar does not. In fact, while Tanar has definitely been following along and posting, it did take some time before he committed himself to vote even after being called on it. That kind of hesitation can be a wolf tell.

Rain Dragon:
    Not much to say about him first day. His vote for Duck was effectively forced on him. So it would be foolish to read too much into it other than it is highly unlikely that he is a mason. Was the main lynch contender with Duck though...
    Early to vote this day, following me onto Legato with no explanation. When called on it, used my accusation as the reasoning. Said he had no read from FC/Ramsus.
    Edit: I see Rain Dragon has cross post with this. I was going to mention the same thing as Legato in that we hadn’t seen any activity from him since.

Fleeing Coward:
    Without agreeing with Ramsus, something feels off here. This is meta but in my experience quite common for people with highly rated Mafia abilities to be quiet for the first few days since its common for them to be targeted with kills and lynches. I believe he even mentioned something similar to this in another game we played when I queried him on activity. So to see him so involved raises my eyebrows a bit.
    Last edited by Sprig; 2014-12-15 at 11:01 PM.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

So, if I'm understanding you correctly, we should not ever lynch FC if we don't have proof (or at least an incredibly high chance) he's a wolf. But we should not extend that privilege to everyone else... why exactly? And if we did, are you then proposing we don't lynch anyone at all until we're basically having a seer claim telling us someone is a wolf or such? Or what? Like, what's the plan here that doesn't involve FC getting inexplicable special not getting lynched privileges for no reason or town committing suicide by never lynching anyone without more prove than we will have 90% of the time? )
    Not proof, evidence. I disagreed with the early argument that we should lynch FC over other people who were just as likely to be wolves. Now I feel that FC is less likely to be a wolf than most others. If there was solid reason to be suspicious of him that would change things, but I don't see any such reason right now. So it isn't a matter of not ever lynching FC so much as not lynching someone I think is town, and that privilege certainly does extend to everyone else.

6. - Top - End - #216

Quote Originally Posted by Sprig View Post
    Fleeing Coward:
    Without agreeing with Ramsus, something feels off here. This is meta but in my experience quite common for people with highly rated Mafia abilities to be quiet for the first few days since its common for them to be targeted with kills and lynches. I believe he even mentioned something similar to this in another game we played when I queried him on activity. So to see him so involved raises my eyebrows a bit.
    I stay quiet when I can early to avoid what's happening now but that isn't possible when there's someone with a personal vendetta against me actively trying to lynch me for reasons that ain't related to this game.
    Spoiler
    Show
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm going to agree with Rain Dragon and Aventine here and say no vote/lynch. Lynching any of the top three doesn't actually seem that appealing to me, but should we find out that any of said three are wolves we should look at Rain Dragon and Aventine as well.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Oh, I'm not actively voting no lynch so much as waiting to decide how to vote. And since I am still interested in keeping FC alive, and by my count there is a tie and he will be lynched, I am going to vote for Tanar to break the tie. Not my first choice, but better than FC I think.

9. - Top - End - #219

Just pointing out that anyone voting for no lynch this close to the end of the day is basically indirectly voting to lynch me while trying to appear that they'd rather not lynch anyone since I reached 4 votes first.

Edit: ninja'd by Aventine
    Last edited by Fleeing Coward; 2014-12-15 at 11:13 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #220
    Sprig
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vwulf DeMarcus View Post
    I'm going to agree with Rain Dragon and Aventine here and say no vote/lynch. Lynching any of the top three doesn't actually seem that appealing to me, but should we find out that any of said three are wolves we should look at Rain Dragon and Aventine as well.
    As well as yourself you mean?

Not voting is being deliberately unhelpful...
    Last edited by Sprig; 2014-12-15 at 11:20 PM.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

Players, please don't no vote. If you absolutely must avoid the top wagons, try creating an alternative. Or at least putting a point toward your top candidate.

Edit: Ninja'd
    Last edited by Legato Endless; 2014-12-15 at 11:23 PM.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Sprig
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    Just pointing out that anyone voting for no lynch this close to the end of the day is basically indirectly voting to lynch me while trying to appear that they'd rather not lynch anyone since I reached 4 votes first.

Question about this.

If I now unvoted Tanar and voted Rain dragon. Who would be lynched? Would FC still be considered as reaching four votes first or would Tanar be considered since he is currently in the lead?

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I made it back and seem to have made a mistake again by placeholder no voting.
    This is cutting it really fine, but after reading through the thread I am more inclined to vote for Tanar Aerdoth out of the top three (who I do not think are three but rather two now?).

Just for the reasons pointed out by Penguinator. I also continue to not really be leaning either way for FC and Legato's posts give me good towny vibes.

EDIT - Misphrasing.
    Also, ninjad by Sprig. Good question; I have no idea.
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2014-12-15 at 11:32 PM.
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

Question about this.

If I now unvoted Tanar and voted Rain dragon. Who would be lynched? Would FC still be considered as reaching four votes first or would Tanar be considered since he is currently in the lead?
    I think it would go back to FC, since part of the effect of the tie resolution mechanic is to encourage commitment from players late in the day.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Pixie in the Playground

Question about this.

I only count votes at the end of the Day, and I only count the votes that aren't crossed out, so whoever gets the most current votes first, dies. If your vote on Tanar was before one on Fleeing Coward and you change it, then Fleeing Coward will likely reach four votes first.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZarethG View Post
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

(Sugar Shock avatar by Dirtytabs.)

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

I still don't get why anyone wants to keep FC alive. Unlike all the other candidates I don't think he's contributed anything in the entire game so far aside from personal attacks. How exactly is that a valuable asset to town?

Edit: And before anyone claims he was too occupied with defending himself, I'd point out that pretty much anyone else who's been talking has managed to talk about things aside from themselves/people who want to lynch them.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2014-12-15 at 11:58 PM.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Edit: Ninja'd
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dragon View Post
    Also, ninjad by Sprig
    Lot of ninjas hanging around right now.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

You should go count up the number of times FC ninja'd me. It was a lot.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Barbarian in the Playground

Oh, dear. Fleeing Coward.

So, the tie breaks towards me at the moment.

Sorry, about not being as active as I should have. If I get lynched, it's my fault.
    Last edited by Tris; 2014-12-16 at 12:23 AM.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGuy

Tanar Aerdoth, then.

Doesn't seem like much evidence either way, honestly. But Fleeing Coward's actions feel more like self-defence, while there's at least some odd actions on Tanar's side.
    Was hap_hazard. Hello.

21. - Top - End - #231

What has been odd?

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tanar Aerdoth View Post
    What has been odd?
    Ditto, in case sphazre thinks they can make a claim like that without providing some kind of evidence because the only person questioning it is the person it's aimed at.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2014-12-16 at 01:08 AM.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGuy

I'm going by what Penguinator pointed out, somewhere in Page 5. Which would be:
    1) Posting with Legato, twice
    2) Being on the Duck wagon

Like I said, not much evidence. Could also point to Legato with this. I'm sorry, Tanar, it's mainly that I think FC's town.

Edit:
    @Tanar Yeah, odd wasn't the best word to use.
    Last edited by sphazre; 2014-12-16 at 02:09 AM.
    Was hap_hazard. Hello.

24. - Top - End - #234

Quote Originally Posted by sphazre View Post
    I'm going by what Penguinator pointed out, somewhere in Page 5. Which would be:
    1) Posting with Legato, twice
    Ok, but why would I intentionally do that?
    2) Being on the Duck wagon
    I can see why someone would vote me for that, but that isn't odd.

- - - Updated - - -

Not because he's voting for me, but I'm starting to lean towards FC being a wolf beyond me having to vote for him for survival.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

Simply being on a mason wagon day 1 is kinda a bad reason to vote for Tanar since he didn't do anything weird to pivotally influence the results at the end of the day or such. All that tells us is that he's not a mason. Which isn't a good enough reason to lynch someone if we have any better reason to suspect anyone else since there's no way Tanar could have known Duck was a mason.

Edit: And if we're backing away from using that other reason to lynch Legato, it makes no sense if we don't do the same for Tanar. How could Legato and Tanar be wolf buddies if only Tanar is the wolf buddy?
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2014-12-16 at 01:56 AM.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Pixie in the Playground

Day has ended, narration to come.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

27. - Top - End - #237

Good luck village!

28. - Top - End - #238
    Pixie in the Playground

It's him, he's the one!
    You always say that!
    You always say that!
    I think it's him.
    It's not me!
    Why should we believe you?
    Because we all know that it's him!

Hey guys, what's going on?

Without warning, the apples fell upon the newcomer, lifting him up on their shoulders and carrying him to the edge of the bowl, to await the coming of the Maw. It wasn't long.

"What the... why is there a pineapple in here?" the Maw boomed, as the other apples looked away.

"You know, I think I'm in the mood for a pineapple, actually..."

Tanar Aerdoth was taken by the Maw. He was the Pineapple, and a Yellow Apple.

Night 2 begins now and ends in 24 hours.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

Wow. That really should not have happened. At this rate, if people don't actually make sure they're voting for someone for a decent reason we're apparently going to lynch a town power role every day.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground

I'm just wondering why they didn't claim. Sure, they'd just get killed later, but wouldn't that still have been a better situation for everyone than staying silent and letting themselves get lynched?

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew