New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Swords & Spandex - how to introduce superhero culture into a fantasy setting

Quote Originally Posted by Nargrakhan View Post
    Nevermind the fact that Adam was insanely ripped for an inept wimp, ...
    Agreed. That's why one of my personal Evil Overlord rules is:

17. Any tall, ruggedly handsome man who is too mild-mannered or effete to carry a sword or gun will be put to death. Real wimps look like wimps.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Swords & Spandex - how to introduce superhero culture into a fantasy setting

Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    Agreed. That's why one of my personal Evil Overlord rules is:

17. Any tall, ruggedly handsome man who is too mild-mannered or effete to carry a sword or gun will be put to death. Real wimps look like wimps.
    lol... tis true. Though seriously, why did Skeletor need the most powerful divination magic in the universe to decipher He-man's identity?

Adam walks around with a giant green talking tiger. He-man walks around with a giant green talking tiger.

Adam has a hot blonde haired twin sister with nice legs. He-man has a hot blonde haired twin sister with nice legs.

Etc, etc, etc.

I guess we just sweep it all under, "It was the 80's," excuse rug.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

lol... tis true. Though seriously, why did Skeletor need the most powerful divination magic in the universe to decipher He-man's identity?
    Disguises that shouldn't work but do have a rich, noble literary heritage, including Shakespeare, Commedia del' Arte, and Plautus.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    Disguises that shouldn't work but do have a rich, noble literary heritage, including Shakespeare, Commedia del' Arte, and Plautus.
    My Groucho Marx glasses are a foolproof disguise!

5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    My Groucho Marx glasses are a foolproof disguise!
    The really weird part? They occasionally worked for Groucho Marx himself. I've read bits where he commented that he occasionally ran into people who didn't believe he was... well, him... because they didn't recognize him without the glasses and the heavy (greasepaint) mousteache and eyebrows...

6. - Top - End - #36
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TeChameleon View Post
    The really weird part? They occasionally worked for Groucho Marx himself. I've read bits where he commented that he occasionally ran into people who didn't believe he was... well, him... because they didn't recognize him without the glasses and the heavy (greasepaint) mousteache and eyebrows...
    It's quite common:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ClarkKenting

(real-life section).
    Marut-2 Avatar by Serpentine
    New Marut Avatar by Linkele

7. - Top - End - #37
    Bugbear in the Playground

Then again, Skeletor was never the brightest villain of the 80's.
    This is likely why he's gone into early retirement and is now working at a Honda dealership.