New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 37 123456789101126 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 1084
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Trans-Atlantic Savage Tides IC

    The Savage Tides Campaign, Adventure #1 - There is No Honor


    Over the course of the day yesterday all of the PCs are met by a wizened old halfling woman who introduces herself as "Kora" and works for a well-known noble family, the Vanderborens. After greeting them all respectfully she hands each a letter:

    Spoiler: The letter
    Show

    If asked for more details she explains that her mistress, Miss Lavinia Vanderboren, does not disclose details of her business to her maidservants, and that she really must go. The old woman leaves, bowing her head as she does and disappearing into the masses of the city of Sasserine.

    Spoiler: Knowledge (Nobility) DC 10
    Show
    You know the Vanderborens are a wealthy noble family heavily involved in sea-going trade.
    Spoiler: Same roll, DC 15
    Show
    Lavinia is the eldest child of the family. She has a younger brother and no sisters.

    Spoiler: Knowledge (Local) DC 15
    Show
    A tragic ship fire a month ago claimed the lives of Verik and Larissa Vanderboren. They were survived by their two children, Lavinia and Vanthus.

    The Vanderboren manor is located in the eastern section of the Merchant District. As the PCs arrive they see a seven-foot high stone wall surrounding the estate with a towering, gothic, three-story house dominating the grounds inside. Leering gargoyles and capering nypmhs festoon the eaves of the manor's roof, and several trees give the manor grounds a nice buffer from the bustle of the city. The front gates are open, though no one greets the PCs till they reach the front door and knock. Kora answers the door, thanking them for coming and leading them to the atrium. "Lady Vanderboren will be with you shortly. Please wait here." The room is growing dark as night falls, though several sets of candles provide enough light to see the many flowers and decorative plants in it.

    Spoiler: Out of Character
    Show
    Please post something about your arrival and feel free to interact with the other PCs. When everyone has posted I will move forward with events.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Farmerbink's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Texas, again!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Trans-Atlantic Savage Tides IC

    Spoiler: rolls
    Show
    [roll]1d20+11[/roll local
    (1d20+4)[20] nobility

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Farmerbink's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Texas, again!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Trans-Atlantic Savage Tides IC

    Spoiler: local fix't
    Show
    (1d20+11)[25] and stuff. Technically, I should have added 1d6 to that roll. Inspiration on a knowledge skill with a rank, and all that.


    Firi'sar approaches the house early in the evening. I wonder what this is all about... Nice place, though. VERY nice place. Hmmm... Well, she's the new lady of the estate, and there's only one way to find out what she wants. Still, this could be awfully lucrative. Smiling, he boldly strides to the door and knocks, greeting Kora politely. After being left in the waiting room, he very slowly scans the room, noting in particular the available exits and potential obstructions. He shrugs, fairly pleased with his findings, and settles comfortably into a chair to away the leisure of his hostess.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Trans-Atlantic Savage Tides IC

    Garrett shakes his head as he watches the elf stride through the gates. No telling what this lady wants, but if Fix is in the mix, it can't be good. Still, he'll need someone to pull his fat out of the fire. Casting a furtive glance around the street, the lean man stands from his crouching position in the shade of an opposing building and walks briskly up the walk.

    Upon being shown to the waiting room, Garrett makes no response to Firi'Sar's presence until the maidservant leaves.

    You get a letter, too? he whispers at the elf. What kind of mischief are we up in here?
    Lehasti Gesmeha and Azkin for Mummy's Mask
    Morevek for Wrath of the Righteous
    Janstina Silentall for Age of Worms

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2013

    Default Re: Trans-Atlantic Savage Tides IC

    Spoiler: Knowledge: Local
    Show
    (1d20+4)[13]

    Simon's ragged dockside garb, scarred arms, and faint odor of fish clash dramatically with the delicate architecture and fine surroundings as he saunters into the manor's atrium. Bloody rich folks... He stops suddenly at the sight of Firi'sar and Garrett sitting there before him. He loses interest in the funny-haired elf almost immediately, but he gives Garrett a long, appraising look before he finishes crossing the room and leaning against the far wall. "Nobody said anything about this being a group job..." he mutters. "Hey pretty boy!" he calls, looking up at Firi'sar. "Don't think I've seen you around before. You got a name?"
    Last edited by MuffinMan; 2014-12-05 at 04:41 PM.
    Spoiler: Active characters
    Show
    Waylan, Kestros and Auspice (Wrath of the Righteous)


    Lydia (Age of Worms - loot tracking)

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Trans-Atlantic Savage Tides IC

    Garrett eyes the scarred man with apparent disinterest, saying nothing.
    Lehasti Gesmeha and Azkin for Mummy's Mask
    Morevek for Wrath of the Righteous
    Janstina Silentall for Age of Worms

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Farmerbink's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Texas, again!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Trans-Atlantic Savage Tides IC

    Quote Originally Posted by JWallyR View Post
    You get a letter, too? he whispers at the elf. What kind of mischief are we up in here?
    Firi'sar grins at the man from his seat. Well, we'll find out for sure in a few minutes. Knowing the family, there's bound to be money involved, and lots of it!

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Farmerbink's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Texas, again!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Trans-Atlantic Savage Tides IC

    Quote Originally Posted by MuffinMan View Post
    "Hey pretty boy!" he calls, looking up at Firi'sar. "Don't think I've seen you around before. You got a name?"
    Firi'sar makes a show of looking about the room. What, you mean me? Well, that's not something I've been called often, before. He stands, places a hand on the pommel of his rapier and bows flamboyantly. My name, good sir, is Firi'sar Throshana. I am, above all else, an entrepreneur, and as you may or may not be aware, group jobs, without fail, pay better. He grins widely, bowing slightly at the young man, before retaking his seat. I am quite sure your skills will come in handy later, but for now I find myself at the disadvantage. You know my name, but I know not yours.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2013

    Default Re: Trans-Atlantic Savage Tides IC

    Lily takes a breath before hurriedly knocking on the door. One hand on her greatsword, she grips it tighter as the door opens and she sees Kora.

    "Lead the way..." she says, with a shake in her voice. Her head swivels every direction as she is lead to the atrium. She freezes at the sight of the three men. Squinting slightly, she stops at Simon before her eyes grow wide with fear.

    "SIMON! I knew it was a setup! They were trying to find me and used you to pull me out of hiding!" looking around the room she pauses at Firi'sar. "YOU! I REMEMBER YOU TOO!"

    She backs up and pulls out her greatsword (which is about has long as she is). "It all makes sense now. It was a setup from the beginning. You!" Pointing at Firi'sar. "You did this to me! I don't know what you did, but I know you did it! Everything was fine until that night..." tears begin to appear in her eyes.

    Backing up slowly, Lily's foot catches something on the floor. WOAWOAWOA!! she yells as she falls backwards and hits the ground.
    Last edited by Untarr; 2014-12-05 at 05:22 PM.
    Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Farmerbink's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Texas, again!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Trans-Atlantic Savage Tides IC

    Firi'sar rises slowly from his seat. Well, she certainly knows how to make an entrance, doesn't she? He heads towards the girl, and retrieves the huge blade from where it fell. With visible effort, he attempts to lift it for a few moments before leaving it there. Gods alive, woman. How do you lift this thing? Hell, I'll let you pick that thing up. Here. He extends a hand to help her from the ground.

    I don't know that I could possibly have caused all your troubles, but I will gladly apologize for those I have. Speaking of that night, how is your friend? I know he was alive, last I saw, but that's hardly something to be proud of...

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2013

    Default Re: Trans-Atlantic Savage Tides IC

    Eyes squinted, Lily stares up at Firi'sar. After a few moments of thought she shakes her head and grabs his hand.

    "Umm...heh...uhh sorry." she rubs the back of her head.

    "Let's just say its been a rough couple of days."

    Grabbing the sword from Firi'sar. I guess you aren't trying to kill me if you're giving this back to me. Swinging it to her back, sheathes the sword.

    Pardon me. I am Lily Kraan. Most people call me "Runt." she says with a curtsy.
    Last edited by Untarr; 2014-12-05 at 05:38 PM.
    Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Trans-Atlantic Savage Tides IC

    Raising an eyebow, Garrett watches the tiny woman's confusion with quiet alertness, allowing the ghost of a smile to play at the edges of his mouth as she tumbles to the rear.
    Lehasti Gesmeha and Azkin for Mummy's Mask
    Morevek for Wrath of the Righteous
    Janstina Silentall for Age of Worms

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2013

    Default Re: Trans-Atlantic Savage Tides IC

    Spoiler: Knowledge: Nobility
    Show
    (1d20)[4]


    "A little jumpy to be trusting yourself to a group job tonight, aren't we?" Edgar's voice drifts from the rooms entrance. As he and Horace amble in, the various small spears in his quiver rattle gently. "Edgar and Horace Waveseeker. A pleasure to meet you Runt, Firi'sar," He gives a small bow and looks to the others in the room. A small smile touches his eyes as he sees Garrett there. "Garrett! Nice to see you again. Heel Horace; We're meeting a client." The wolf stop sniffing the ranger's legs and quickly pads back to Edgar's side, sitting with a stoic look on his face. "And umm....Simon, right? Lord Fists McGoon himself, and saver of of my bacon." He walks over and gives the big man a firm handshake before taking a seat and resting a hand on Horace's neck. "I'm glad we're on the same job for this one,"a grin splits his clean-shaven face. "Anyone know what exactly the job is about yet?"
    Edgar Waveseeker and Horace the wolf, of the Savage Tide

    Steven

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2013

    Default Re: Trans-Atlantic Savage Tides IC

    Simon's reply to Firi'Sar is interrupted by Lily's entrace. "I'm- oh, it's you?? Hey, kid -"

    Quote Originally Posted by Untarr View Post
    "SIMON! I knew it was a setup! They were trying to find me and used you to pull me out of hiding!"
    Backing up slowly, Lily's foot catches something on the floor. WOAWOAWOA!! she yells as she falls backwards and hits the ground.
    Simon arches an eyebrow in puzzlement, but doesn't otherwise react or move from his relaxed position against the wall. He chuckles at Lily's stumble, allows Firi'Sar to help her up, and then addresses himself to the pair of them again. "Relax, you're jumpier than a fish in a bucket. The only setup around here is this." he waves the parchment bearing the letter they all received. "Now to answer your question, elf, I'm - "

    Quote Originally Posted by 12StoryCondo View Post
    "A little jumpy to be trusting yourself to a group job tonight, aren't we?" Edgar's voice drifts from the rooms entrance. As he and Horace amble in, the various small spears in his quiver rattle gently.
    ...
    He walks over and gives the big man a firm handshake before taking a seat and resting a hand on Horace's neck. "I'm glad we're on the same job for this one,"a grin splits his clean-shaven face. "Anyone know what exactly the job is about yet?"
    So the quiet one's name is 'Garrett'... Simon notes. Better keep an eye on that one. He nods at Edgar as he shakes his hand, giving a wary glance at the large wolf at his side. "Edgar. A pleasure, as always. Who's your friend? No, nobody's said anything about the job yet, although with this lot..." Simon turns his head, scanning the motley array assembled in the atrium, "I'm guessing circus attraction. Can he do tricks?" pointing at Horace.
    Last edited by MuffinMan; 2014-12-05 at 08:57 PM.
    Spoiler: Active characters
    Show
    Waylan, Kestros and Auspice (Wrath of the Righteous)


    Lydia (Age of Worms - loot tracking)

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Farmerbink's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Texas, again!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Trans-Atlantic Savage Tides IC

    Quote Originally Posted by MuffinMan View Post
    Simon arches an eyebrow in puzzlement, but doesn't otherwise react or move from his relaxed position against the wall. He chuckles at Lily's stumble, allows Firi'Sar to help her up, and then addresses himself to the pair of them again. "Relax, you're jumpier than a fish in a bucket. The only setup around here is this." he waves the parchment bearing the letter they all received. "Now to answer your question, elf, I'm - "
    Firi'sar sighs as entrance after entrance interrupt the man's introduction. After the proverbial dust settles, he supplies "Simon. Yes, so I gather.. Looking around the motley crew, he addresses them. Odd, this appears to be rather the elaborate get up our hostess has set for us. And... rather the interesting crew, to say the least. After a few moments apprising the group, and some slow nods of his head, he returns to his seat, puts up his legs, and pulls a small ivory pipe from a pocket in his vest. He stuffs it, lights it, and begins to puff contentedly. Ahhh... this will be a good night, I can feel it!

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2013

    Default Re: Trans-Atlantic Savage Tides IC

    I'm guessing circus attraction. Can he do tricks?" pointing at Horace.
    Oh yes! Can he? He's cute. Lily says with a sudden genuine smile. She squats down in front of Horace. Pausing with her hand outstretched, she looks over at Edgar.

    May I?
    Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Trans-Atlantic Savage Tides IC

    As the PCs are greeting each other four figures emerge from the hall and begin walking towards them. Kora races behind these figures, rushing to get to the front door first.

    The figures include a jaunty male half-elf dressed in lether armor and armed with a half-dozen daggers of different shapes, a dark-skinned dwarf with a sour expression dressed in green and brown robes and clutching a curved spear, an attractive but haughty-looking woman dressed in dark purple robes with a tattoo of a crescent moon on one cheek, and lastly a tall and handsome man dressed in polished breastplate carrying a bastard sword.

    Spoiler: Knowledge (Local) DC 15
    Show
    These are the Jade Ravens, a mercenary company that has been in the Vanderboren family's employ for several years. The leader is the man in the breastplate, an outdoorsman named Tolin Kientai. The others include Zan Oldavin, the half-elf, Kaskus Kiel, the dwarf, and Liamae Teslikaria, the woman.

    The man with the bastard sword walks up, eyeing the PCs pleasantly before saying, "Hmmm. You must be the help Lavinia's bringing in to do the chores. Best of luck to ya!" before leading his companions towards the front door.

    Spoiler: Out of Character
    Show
    If you would like to interact with these NPCs you may, though at this time they do not have any significant role to play. You will interact with them more in a future adventure - anything you do/say now will have minimal effect on the immediate adventure since they have a different assignment.

    Spoiler: If you don't want to interact with these NPCs
    Show
    Please un-spoiler the following and post it as a quote at the top of your next post:

    Moments after the quartet leaves the manor an attractive young woman opens the door to the private dining hall, greets the PCs, and ushers them into the room for dinner.

    Spoiler: Lavinia Vanderboren
    Show

    The dining hall is a comfortable and cozy room, softly lit by wall-mounted lanterns. A window overlooks the manor's central courtyard and the carpet is thick and soft. A large portrait hangs on the wall, a fine young man with a short beard. Wearing a long, flowing blue dress, Lavinia Vanderboren smiles as the PCs enter and introduces herself.

    "As you may have heard, I recently inherited my parent's estate. Along with this fine house, unfortunately, came a fine amount of debt owed the Dawn Council, the harbormaster, and quite a few guildhalls. It seems my parents, for all their success as adventurers, were not as skilled at finance as one might expect. If I'm to get these taxes paid, I'll need access to my family's vault under Castle Teraknian.

    And that's the problem, you see. The vault is magically locked - keyed to special signet rings. Both of my parents had these rings, at least, until recently. My mother lost hers a few months ago. She arranged for a replacement, but it won't be done for another month or so, too late for me. Which leaves my father's ring. He never wore it - he had a thing about men wearing jewelry. Instead he kept it hidden on his ship, the Blue Nixie. The problem there is that the harbormaster's seized the ship until someone pays for the last four months of mooring. I've paid the fines to the man the harbormaster's put in charge of my ship, a brute named Soller Vark. Yet when I went to claim my ship, Vark's men wouldn't let me board, claiming that I hadn't yet paid the fines. I spoke to Vark again and he denied ever receiving my payment. My complaints to the harbormaster have fallen on deaf ears - he's a doddering old fool who trusts his man and won't relent.

    Vark and his men are up to something on my ship, I know it. What I need is to find out exactly what they're up to. Unfortunately, Vark's not the type to react well to diplomacy or logic. I need someone who speaks his language...which is where you come in. If you can find out what he's using my ship for, or even better, recover the money I paid him, I'll pay each of you 200 gold crowns in return once I've access to my vault.
    "

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2013

    Default Re: Trans-Atlantic Savage Tides IC

    Standing up from Horace, Lily's smile turns to a pout as the group leaves. "Chores?I hate chores! Ohhhh I hope not..." she says with a worried look.

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkOne7141981 View Post
    Moments after the quartet leaves the manor an attractive young woman opens the door to the private dining hall, greets the PCs, and ushers them into the room for dinner.

    Spoiler: Lavinia Vanderboren
    Show

    The dining hall is a comfortable and cozy room, softly lit by wall-mounted lanterns. A window overlooks the manor's central courtyard and the carpet is thick and soft. A large portrait hangs on the wall, a fine young man with a short beard. Wearing a long, flowing blue dress, Lavinia Vanderboren smiles as the PCs enter and introduces herself.

    "As you may have heard, I recently inherited my parent's estate. Along with this fine house, unfortunately, came a fine amount of debt owed the Dawn Council, the harbormaster, and quite a few guildhalls. It seems my parents, for all their success as adventurers, were not as skilled at finance as one might expect. If I'm to get these taxes paid, I'll need access to my family's vault under Castle Teraknian.

    And that's the problem, you see. The vault is magically locked - keyed to special signet rings. Both of my parents had these rings, at least, until recently. My mother lost hers a few months ago. She arranged for a replacement, but it won't be done for another month or so, too late for me. Which leaves my father's ring. He never wore it - he had a thing about men wearing jewelry. Instead he kept it hidden on his ship, the Blue Nixie. The problem there is that the harbormaster's seized the ship until someone pays for the last four months of mooring. I've paid the fines to the man the harbormaster's put in charge of my ship, a brute named Soller Vark. Yet when I went to claim my ship, Vark's men wouldn't let me board, claiming that I hadn't yet paid the fines. I spoke to Vark again and he denied ever receiving my payment. My complaints to the harbormaster have fallen on deaf ears - he's a doddering old fool who trusts his man and won't relent.

    Vark and his men are up to something on my ship, I know it. What I need is to find out exactly what they're up to. Unfortunately, Vark's not the type to react well to diplomacy or logic. I need someone who speaks his language...which is where you come in. If you can find out what he's using my ship for, or even better, recover the money I paid him, I'll pay each of you 200 gold crowns in return once I've access to my vault.
    "
    Bowing to Lavinia, Lily listens intently. Her eyebrows furl in and her jaw sets as Vivian shares her story. At the end of it Lily immediately moves towards her and grabs her hand.

    Spoiler: Diplomacy, Sense Motive
    Show

    (1d20+7)[21] Diplomacy (to make her like us more and get more information than she's telling)
    (1d20-1)[4] Sense Motive


    "I. Am. So. Sorry." she says with a reassuring squeeze. "This Soller Vark guy sounds horrible mean awful nasty. And coming after the loss of your parents! How horrible! We'll get your boat back for you, don't you worry!" Spinning around, her long braid nearly misses Lavinia. "Right!?" she says with a hopeful look towards the rest of the gathered people. Turning once more, she addresses Lavinia

    "I wonder if Vark has connections to any criminal activity? He sure sounds like one! Has the ship every actually left the harbor? Have you or any of your people seen anyone else coming or going? What would happen if we just...you know" Lily makes a throat cutting motion with her thumb while doing a poor imitation of a cutting noise "Vark and his men?"
    Last edited by Untarr; 2014-12-06 at 07:55 AM.
    Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Farmerbink's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Texas, again!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Trans-Atlantic Savage Tides IC

    Spoiler: local
    Show
    (1d20+8)[26] + (1d6)[2] for knowledge (local)


    Firi'sar's brows furrow in through as the quartet passes through the atrium. As the door shuts behind them, he lets out a low whistle. If you all are unaware, that was a small local mercenary group named "The Jade Ravens." They have been employed by the Vanderboren family for some time; I had wondered if there was a falling out, necessitating this little menagerie, but perhaps this is a more serious situation than I had first surmised... His mouth falls into a smirk as he adds: this just keeps getting more interesting...

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Farmerbink's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Texas, again!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Trans-Atlantic Savage Tides IC

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkOne7141981 View Post
    I need someone who speaks his language...which is where you come in. If you can find out what he's using my ship for, or even better, recover the money I paid him, I'll pay each of you 200 gold crowns in return once I've access to my vault."
    Firi'sar nods along with the young woman's explanation, listening eagerly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Untarr View Post
    "I wonder if Vark has connections to any criminal activity? He sure sounds like one! Has the ship every actually left the harbor? Have you or any of your people seen anyone else coming or going? What would happen if we just...you know" Lily makes a throat cutting motion with her thumb while doing a poor imitation of a cutting noise "Vark and his men?"
    Firi'sar smiles pleasantly as Lily veritably explodes into animation. He places a reassuring hand an her shoulder and addresses both Lily and Lavinia. I mean no offense, Miss Vanderboren, and I hope you will forgive me, but why can we trust you any more than this Vark character? Please don't misunderstand, I know quite well exactly how... savory the harbormaster and his men can be, but to be blunt, you don't live as long as I have by taking everyone at their word when they offer you a job.

    I am inclined to believe you, but would appreciate something more concrete on which to base our decision.


    Spoiler: sense motive
    Show
    this'll be SOOOO much better next level....
    (1d20+4)[23] sense motive
    (1d20+4)[7] diplomacy (to show sincerity and hopefully not worsen her attitude)

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2013

    Default Re: Trans-Atlantic Savage Tides IC

    Quote Originally Posted by Untarr View Post
    May I?
    Edgar and Horace share a brief glance as a mixture of nervous apprehension and desire for scritches flows between the two. "Perhaps w-"(mercenary entrance)

    Quote Originally Posted by Untarr View Post
    Standing up from Horace, Lily's smile turns to a pout as the group leaves.
    Horace's ears fall just a bit at the loss. His tongue lolls out of his mouth as Edgar quickly rubs his head, pleased that he continues to be well-behaved.

    Quote Originally Posted by Untarr View Post
    "I wonder if Vark has connections to any criminal activity? He sure sounds like one! Has the ship every actually left the harbor? Have you or any of your people seen anyone else coming or going? What would happen if we just...you know" Lily makes a throat cutting motion with her thumb while doing a poor imitation of a cutting noise "Vark and his men?"
    "No need to go that far yet. I think if we appeal to the harbormaster and have him pull rank on Vark, that will be our best bet to not immediately put a target on our backs. We can always beat the tar out of him as plan B. ...C." To Lady Vanderboren, "I suppose it's outlandish to think there's a receipt for your payment to Vark that we can use as leverage?"
    Edgar Waveseeker and Horace the wolf, of the Savage Tide

    Steven

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Farmerbink's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Texas, again!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Trans-Atlantic Savage Tides IC

    Quote Originally Posted by 12StoryCondo View Post
    "I suppose it's outlandish to think there's a receipt for your payment to Vark that we can use as leverage?"
    Firi'sar nods emphatically at the suggestion, before deflating at his pitiful attempt at diplomacy. Yes, yes! That is exactly what I meant to ask. Does such a document exist?

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2013

    Default Re: Trans-Atlantic Savage Tides IC

    Simon tenses almost imperceptibly as the mercenary party crosses the atrium: a foot braced more firmly against a wall, a hand disappearing beneath his vest. He meets the dwarf's stare levelly until the other company has exited, whereupon he resumes slouching in earnest.

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkOne7141981 View Post
    Moments after the quartet leaves the manor an attractive young woman opens the door to the private dining hall, greets the PCs, and ushers them into the room for dinner.
    Simon saunters into the dining room and turns a chair around to sit reversed, leaning forward onto the backrest. He grabs a hunk of bread from a nearby serving platter and idly begins tearing off chunks as Lavinia explains her purpose with them.

    Soller Vark, huh? Any child could've told her not to let that oaf near her ship... poor sot probably went with the first bidder, no questions asked. Rick folks... He grins at the mention of "speaking their language" but appears to lose interest when the others start enquiring about receipts.
    Last edited by MuffinMan; 2014-12-06 at 12:26 PM.
    Spoiler: Active characters
    Show
    Waylan, Kestros and Auspice (Wrath of the Righteous)


    Lydia (Age of Worms - loot tracking)

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2013

    Default Re: Trans-Atlantic Savage Tides IC

    Spoiler: Fixed Knowledge: local
    Show
    (1d20+4)[17] and filler characters
    Spoiler: Active characters
    Show
    Waylan, Kestros and Auspice (Wrath of the Righteous)


    Lydia (Age of Worms - loot tracking)

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Trans-Atlantic Savage Tides IC

    Eyes narrowing as Edgar enters the room, nonetheless Garrett nods almost imperceptibly at Edgar's greeting.

    Quote Originally Posted by MuffinMan View Post
    "I'm guessing circus attraction. Can he do tricks?" pointing at Horace.
    Garrett smirks at the "circus attraction" comment, but at the mention of "tricks" his face darkens before slipping back into studied disinterest.

    As the four obvious adventurers enter the hallway, Garrett seems to tense in his chair, one hand sliding to rest near the pommel of his longsword, but otherwise he simply watches them pass.

    Spoiler: Sense Motive
    Show
    To determine Lavinia's sincerity, etc.: (1d20+2)[6], not counting the +2 from favored enemy


    Quote Originally Posted by DarkOne7141981 View Post
    "If you can find out what he's using my ship for, or even better, recover the money I paid him, I'll pay each of you 200 gold crowns in return once I've access to my vault."
    Garret's eyebrows rise sharply. He looks furtively at Firi'Sar, but holds his peace.
    Last edited by JWallyR; 2014-12-06 at 12:33 PM.
    Lehasti Gesmeha and Azkin for Mummy's Mask
    Morevek for Wrath of the Righteous
    Janstina Silentall for Age of Worms

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Trans-Atlantic Savage Tides IC

    Lavinia takes in everyone's questions and suggestions before answering, "Hold one moment - I am hiring all of you because you speak the language of the roughs down along the waterline, not to kill any of those roughs. If things go that poorly, do what you must, but don't make the first move, please.

    My people have already attempted diplomacy through the harbormaster and I should have had witnesses or something for when I paid Vark, but I did not.

    As for trusting me, I have no idea how to respond...Perhaps that sort of question is of concern in this line of work, but I am unprepared to offer you more in the way of reassurance than my word. If that will not be enough I do not even know how to do more.
    "

    The young noblewoman looks composed but a bit out of her element in such discussions. She is being open and doing her best to answer your questions.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Farmerbink's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Texas, again!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Trans-Atlantic Savage Tides IC

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkOne7141981 View Post
    Lavinia takes in everyone's questions and suggestions before answering, "Hold one moment - I am hiring all of you because you speak the language of the roughs down along the waterline, not to kill any of those roughs. If things go that poorly, do what you must, but don't make the first move, please.

    My people have already attempted diplomacy through the harbormaster and I should have had witnesses or something for when I paid Vark, but I did not.

    As for trusting me, I have no idea how to respond...Perhaps that sort of question is of concern in this line of work, but I am unprepared to offer you more in the way of reassurance than my word. If that will not be enough I do not even know how to do more.
    "

    The young noblewoman looks composed but a bit out of her element in such discussions. She is being open and doing her best to answer your questions.
    Firi'sar watches her keenly while she speaks, nodding at intervals. Yes... I see. After several long seconds he nods once more, with finality somehow. Very well. I accept. I cannot speak for my... um... companions? That is, I cannot answer for those others present. He falls silent for a moment: Who brings a WOLF into a manor, anyway?... Sorry, yes. I will accept your offer. And I will, somewhat hesitantly, offer my services to the rest of you gathered here, since it appears this is to be a 5-person job. Err... does the wolf make it 6? He retakes his seat, and resumes puffing away at the pipe. So, when do we start?

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    the italics are mostly for thought, during periods of perhaps slightly awkward silence.

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Trans-Atlantic Savage Tides IC

    Noting Firi'Sar's eye movements toward the wolf, Garrett tries to catch his glance to make a noncommittal shrug.

    Noting Firi'Sar's answer, Garrett simply says, I'll bite, me too. before watching for responses from the others present.
    Lehasti Gesmeha and Azkin for Mummy's Mask
    Morevek for Wrath of the Righteous
    Janstina Silentall for Age of Worms

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2013

    Default Re: Trans-Atlantic Savage Tides IC

    Simon ticks off on his fingers. "Recover the money, find out what Vark's up to, and no rough stuff unless they start it. That about right?" He stands up and stretches, gazing out at the night sky. "The Blue Nixie, eh? I know where she'll be, or at least how to find out quick. Ought to have yer ship back to ya safe and sound in... a day? Tops? Assuming this lot don't slow me down."
    Spoiler: Active characters
    Show
    Waylan, Kestros and Auspice (Wrath of the Righteous)


    Lydia (Age of Worms - loot tracking)

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Trans-Atlantic Savage Tides IC

    Quote Originally Posted by MuffinMan View Post
    "...Assuming this lot don't slow me down."
    Garrett suddenly scoffs, muttering under his breath, Ha. Why hire 5 when one man and his loud mouth can do it?
    Lehasti Gesmeha and Azkin for Mummy's Mask
    Morevek for Wrath of the Righteous
    Janstina Silentall for Age of Worms

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •