New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Alerian Chronicles: Illumination (Trying this again)

Walker

Walker just smiles to himself, and allows the pathetic things to leave.
    "Feelings and empathy are just devices to better help you see into the hearts and desires of your victims."

2. - Top - End - #32
    Banned

SolithKnightGuy

Cann of the Mist

Cann laughs at the vampire's foolish threats. He feels alive, his blood fired, ready for anything. It looks like things have gotten interesting.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Halfling in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Lupo walks into the building, pointing after the escaping vampires. "shouldn't someone go after them?" he asks "they'll probably head straight for the other members of their group. No better way to hunt down the hostages than that. If some others want to go, I'm a hunter, I should be able to follow them."

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by HealthKit View Post
    Friends don't let friends play gnomes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fax_Celestis View Post
    "Yo no hablo ingles. YO HABLO BURNINATION Y FIERY APOCALYPSE FROM THE SKY. BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAHAHAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"
    Quote Originally Posted by ExHunterEmerald View Post
    Well, I know from experience that molotov halflings do 2d6.

4. - Top - End - #34

PaladinGuy

Walker

Sliding his sword back into it's place Walker contemplates answering and decides not to.
    "Feelings and empathy are just devices to better help you see into the hearts and desires of your victims."

5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground

The elderly man clears his throat.

"Actually, I've sent an unseen servant out to locate where they are hiding out. I expect it back soon. In the mean time, does anyone have any questions? About what needs to be done or the...erm...rewards afterwards? We're willing to pay for services rendered."

6. - Top - End - #36
    Banned

SolithKnightGuy

Cann of the Mist

Cann walks up to the man who proclaimed himself a hunter. "I have already said that I would find those taken. I would be honoured if you would assist me." Looking back at the elderly man, Cann draws a deep breath and looks him right in the eyes. "I will accept no payment for doing what must be done. But you speak of an unseen servant. Are you a mage? Do you have anything that could aid us against these undead?"

7. - Top - End - #37

The man smiles.

"I am indeed a mage. I set up residence here many years ago looking for some peace and quiet, while bringing knowledge to those less learned than I. As far as help against the undead, there's not a whole lot I can do to aid you. My powers tend toward Divination and a little Evocation. I must stay here in case of another attack."

8. - Top - End - #38

PaladinGuy

Walker

Walker simply listens to the conversation, as he returns to he spot on the wall.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Banned

SolithKnightGuy

Cann of the Mist

"You speak of Divination? Then perhaps you can tell us the numbers and composition of the forces ranged against us?" Cann waits for an answer for a few seconds, but then suddenly turns and looks out the inn door at the townsfolk. "Even if you are a mage, you should not try and protect the town alone. Arm the townsfolk, and place a watch upon the rooftops at the edge of town. Have you alerted the Solarion High Command?" The mage looks a bit non-plussed at the authoritative tone of Cann, and takes a second or two to answer.

10. - Top - End - #40

((Rejakor, don't worry about how others may respond to your tone or actions, just focus on yourself, hehe))

The mage clears his throat.

"We haven't had the proper time to alert Solarion, although it is doubtful whether they would get here in time to do any good, which is why we are calling for help."

The mage closes his eyes and turns to his right and nods. There is a feeling that there is a presence there, although nothing can be seen.

"The girls have been taken to a run-down manor about a half-days ride North of here."

The fat innkeeper speaks up.

"That is my family's manor. It passed to me when my father died, but it hasn't been used in many, many years. Why would they take my daughters there?"

11. - Top - End - #41
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

OOC: Well Waha would have spent a turning on them.

Waha starts at the motion of the dead beings and stares after they've gone. "I don't speak for Solarion, but I am more than willing to assist. I go after them."
    Remember: It doesn't matter if you win or lose - as long as you look really cool doing it!

12. - Top - End - #42

((So we have two people going so far. How bout the rest of ya?))

13. - Top - End - #43

PaladinGuy

(You know Walker is going whether he says so or not, but...)

Walker quietly says, "Whenever you abandon a building it will more than likely become a nest for something. I will aid these two in their quest to save your daughters. Is there any secrets we should know of before going into the manor? You know, traps, secret rooms, and such?"

14. - Top - End - #44

The innkeeper furrows his brow as he thinks.

"I used to sneak in there with friends as a child. We never stayed around long because we were so spooked. We tried to see who could stay in the longest before getting scared. I don't recall anything secretive when I went in, no."

15. - Top - End - #45
    Banned

SolithKnightGuy

(Ok, the forum has eaten my post twice now. Am getting slightly pissed.)

Cann of the Mist

"Spooked? Did the manor have a reputation for being haunted? More often than not, in our dark times, such a reputation is well-earned." Cann gets a thoughtful look in his eyes. "How did the manor fall into ruin? The way those vampires acted makes me think they have a master, and it is my guess that it lurks in the manor." Suddenly, Cann grins. It is not a pleasant grin, despite his obvious light humour. "I came here to deliver a message. If I didn't know my own destiny so well, i'd find it astonishing that I could come across this. "To bring light to a dark world" indeed, father. Damn you." A ghost of some power flashes across Cann's face, something cruel and beautiful in the same moment. Turning to face the man in the green cloak waiting quietly in the corner, Cann smiles.

"You've been very quiet. Will you join us on our, dare I say it, quest?" The hint of wry mockery in Cann's eyes is completely at odds with his expression, yet undeniably there.
    Last edited by Rejakor; 2007-04-05 at 03:45 AM.

16. - Top - End - #46

PaladinGuy

Walker

The cloak hood still low on his face the figure responds, "As I said, I will help you save the girls. You are correct in the statement that there is a master. That many Vampires rarely work together. They will be traveling fast though and they now know of our numbers. If allowed time they will be able to prepare for our coming." The cloaked strangers voice is calm and steady.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Waha

"Then let us proceed now, rather than give them more time to prepare."
    Remember: It doesn't matter if you win or lose - as long as you look really cool doing it!

18. - Top - End - #48
    Banned

SolithKnightGuy

Cann of the Mist

"Well then, anyone who wants to join us, come with me." Cann strides out of the inn, filling his lungs with the fresh night air after the corpse smell pervading the interior of the inn. "Good townsfolk! We are leaving now to chase down those who did this. Stay in your homes and follow the directions of the mage." Walking through the crowd, Cann reaches Cloudfoot, who leans down and gives him a knowing look. "Oh, quiet, you" says Cann affectionately. "I'll fill you in as we ride. Hopefully this won't be like last time."

19. - Top - End - #49
    Halfling in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

"I'll be there, waiting for you all", Lupo says, and runs into the night. Once around a corner and reasonably sure that no one's looking at him, he'll shift back into wolf form, then take off at a hustle for the manor.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by HealthKit View Post
    Friends don't let friends play gnomes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fax_Celestis View Post
    "Yo no hablo ingles. YO HABLO BURNINATION Y FIERY APOCALYPSE FROM THE SKY. BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAHAHAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"
    Quote Originally Posted by ExHunterEmerald View Post
    Well, I know from experience that molotov halflings do 2d6.

20. - Top - End - #50

PaladinGuy

Walker

"Oh this could be fun!" Walker follows his unknown companion for a second, My friend are you looking for a race? I would be happy to accept.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

((The subscription was apparently fudged. Persis has been there all along... uh... under a table.))

Persis

The halfling watches the goings-on, rather wide-eyed. When it's mentioned that they will pay for services rendered, she waits for a break in the conversation and asks, "How much per person for their safe return? I'll help."

22. - Top - End - #52

The mage turns to the halfling.

"The group will be given 1,500 gold. You can split it up amongst yourselves however you wish."

23. - Top - End - #53
    Banned

SolithKnightGuy

Cann of the Mist

Riding through the ruins of the town, Cann spots the man who claimed to be a hunter stepping around a corner with purpose. Peering at the man, he continues riding through the ruins, and reins up at the edge of town, waiting for anyone who has taken him up on his offer.

Spoiler
    Show

Spot Check to Notice Lupo Shifting to Wolf Form.

Spot Check - (1d20+11)[12]
    Last edited by Rejakor; 2007-04-07 at 02:48 AM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Persis

"Well, split up however many ways with people who've never met before that's not going to be very much at all," Persis pouts. "Oh well, nothing else to do at the moment." She shrugs, leaves the building, unties Dorje, and follows everybody else at a brisk pace.

25. - Top - End - #55

((So, we all followin the group now or what?))

26. - Top - End - #56

PaladinGuy

Walker

(Well since my question hasn't been answered, I'll take it that I just missed him, soooo.....)

Walker returns to the front of the building and starts to walk out, as the halfling begins to ride out, "Oh, my apologizes, I am Walker, I suppose one of your new companions". (Walker offers a hand in greeting. It to is covered. Instead of a cloak hood it is covered with green and brown gloves.)
    Last edited by LightBringer; 2007-04-09 at 01:45 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Banned

SolithKnightGuy

Cann of the Mist

Cann waits patiently on the edge of town, for any who have taken up his offer.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

OOC: Alright, seems everyone is on different pages. Can we all assume we meet somewhere out of town?

29. - Top - End - #59

PaladinGuy

Walker is walking with Persis. I'm not sure how fast her mount goes, but we should be there shortly.

OOC: I think we should start a once a day posting rule. Anyone second that?

30. - Top - End - #60
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

((Oh, wait, he was talking to me? Totally went over my head, that. I don't like "posting rules". Gentle pokes to people who are lagging are fine.))

Persis

"Persis Datra," says the halfling from atop her pony, shaking the extended hand energetically. "Why are you called Walker? It seems like an odd thing for your parents to have called you, since no one starts walking immediately after having been born, which is when names are typically distributed. Did you make it up yourself?"