New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Let's Explore a dungeon (Sortof)!

So this is a dungeon (sort-of) exploration game for you playground-ers. We won't be using a specialized system, I have the dungeon area and everything since it is based on a module (sort-of), we can play. I have made some changes to this module, but you can buy the module yourself and play it, its really fun.

What you are here for is to provide the following:

Gender (this will be important)
    Actions (Where should we explore/do/die horribly?)
    Amusing commentary

What I am providing:

Character details (Information about ourselves)
    A map of our dungeon and its extended features (That I found online somewhere)
    General entertainment (hopefully we can make this very funny)
    Snarkiness plus a running Journal based on what is happening.

Our person has been dubbed Ronin (If you can come up with a more fun sounding name, I may change it)

Ronin
    Information:
    Spoiler
    Show

Traits: None
    Skills: None
    Inventory: None
    Special Abilities: None

Now, to start:

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

We start in the circle looking room in the upper left corner of the map. This is a room constructed out of metal and it has a 5 cylindrical tubes filled with liquid each holding a body. One of bodies starts moving and we end up outside the tube on the floor where a bunch of displays start lighting up. We woke up from hearing some creepy woman's voice in our head telling us to wake up.

So we are vulnerable and have no idea where we are or what is going on.

What shall we do next, Playground-ers?
    Blog Read and Comment! I use green for joking and Blue for sarcasm.
    Published two Kindle Books on Amazon, both are 99 cents. Ask Me about them!

My First Let's Play -- Temporary Haitus (I plan to get back to it eventually)
    (Yes, I happen to despise Game of Thrones, and the Book Series it is based on. I am Team Wight/Other. Kill all those humans!)

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Let's Explore a dungeon (Sortof)!

I'd love to join, but first a few things:

-I think the map should be bigger.

-Maybe this ought to be in the Message Board Games subforum?

Now that that's out of the way:

Ronin, investigate the screens.
    Creator of the LA-assignment thread.

Come join the new Junkyard Wars and build with SLAs and a breath weapon!

Interested in judging a build competition on the 3.5 forums but not sure where to begin? Check out the judging handbook!

Extended signature!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

If you want gender, I'll give a gender identity that is full of comedic possibility!

Gender = confused.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I am not sure how to increase the map's size. As for moving this thread, I will leave that up to the mods. Gender will or may affect our interactions with others, so it would help.

Back to exploration,

The screens appear to display details about our health and status. We are a healthy human (Male/Female) and are around 30-ish in age. We are also dressed in underwear only and are wearing some shoes.

Beyond the entrance to this room lies what appears to be two more rooms, with one on each side of the hallway. The one on the right says "Morgue" on the door, with the one of the left side, saying "Medical Bay" on its door.

Ronin
    Information:
    Spoiler
    Show

Traits: Healthy

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

(Yes, I happen to despise Game of Thrones, and the Book Series it is based on. I am Team Wight/Other. Kill all those humans!)

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Ronin, why don't we search the morgue? That's where they put the all-dead people, after all. And if they're all dead, the only thing they're good for is going through their pockets for loose change.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

It appears that the Morgue is locked, however we can open the door to the Medical Bay. Inside is a door along with a terminal and a container of sorts.

Ronin
    Information:
    Spoiler
    Show

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Bumping this and wondering if people are still interested. If not, then I will discontinue it.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Ronin will look through the containers making sure to be sneaky and quiet so nobody hears him/her.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The container has a couple of Med-pacs (healing items) and some vials (5) of blue liquid. We can use a Lab station to make objects with the vials like more medpacs and if we find some components then we can make grenades. (Yes, its weird, but its in the source material.

Ronin
    Information:
    Spoiler
    Show

Inventory: 2 Medpacs, 5 vials of blue liquid

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ronin searches the room for parts to make grenades, and the last room if none are found.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Ronin also looks for anything that may be used to gain entrance into the Morgue, such as (things that could be made into) lockpicks or blunt weapons to crash the door with.

Do we know anything about the time before we awoke here?
    Last edited by LokiRagnarok; 2015-01-03 at 10:30 AM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

We access the terminal:

Option 1) Access medical logs

Option 2) Open doors-to Morgue and a medical storage room

Option 3) Look at camera views, not helpful

Taking Option 2, that allows access to places we need to go.

Checking out the medical logs, so we figure out what's going on. 3 videos of a woman speaking...

Log 1) "...still examining the survivors of the damaged freighter - looks like it goes by the name of the Ebon Hawk." "Only one survivor, placed in the kolto tank for recovery. The carbon scoring on the vessel suggests it was in a battle, but no indication of who fired on it..." "Aside from the lone survivor, we recovered an old woman, no life signs. There was also a protocol droid and a utility droid on board - sent them both down to maintenance while security sorts through the other items on the ship."

Log 2) "...could be a Jedi, but we won't know for sure until we get the transmission back from the Republic. If the survivor is a Jedi, that would account for the recovery rate..."

Log 3) "There was a detonation in another of the fuel vents the droids were working in - we deactivated several of them and moved them down to maintenance, but we're still treating the plasma burns..." "WARNING: There has been a fuel detonation in the mining tunnels. Emergency Lockdown commencing. All personnel report to quarters and prepare for emergency venting countermeasures." "...no, if the ventilation systems are malfunctioning... Evacuate the medical bay! Everyone, evac-" [Holorecord ends in static.]

Also checked treatments, learning we had been heavily sedated. Unable to identify from where that request/instruction came.

We grab more goodies from the medical storage room, netting some extra medipacs and more chemicals. We can burn our chemicals at a lab station to make more medipacs. That's useful.

Dead bodies in the morgue, checking them out. One has a plasma torch. No response from the other, until a bit later when the body gets up and says something to us...

Dead body: "Find what you are looking for amongst the dead?"

Ronin
    Information:
    Spoiler
    Show

Inventory: 5 Medpacs, Plasma Torch

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #13
    Bugbear in the Playground

Obviously zombie. Remove its head with the plasma cutter.
    Last edited by The Grue; 2015-01-09 at 11:26 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

This person appears to be talking to us and appears to be a woman. I don't think it would be polite to treat her like a zombie.

Ronin
    Information:
    Spoiler
    Show

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15
    Colossus in the Playground

Ronin: Ignore the woman and attempt to determine own gender. If pressed for conversation, simply respond with "I know what you did," in the creepiest, most knowledgable voice possible and go back to former actions.

16. - Top - End - #16

Quote Originally Posted by russdm View Post
    This person appears to be talking to us and appears to be a woman. I don't think it would be polite to treat her like a zombie.
    You just said she was dead, and now suddenly she's sitting up and talking to us. Corpses don't just wake up and start a conversation.

I stand by my earlier suggestion. Talking corpses are pretty high on the "kill it with fire" list. Am I right, Playgrounders?
    Last edited by The Grue; 2015-01-19 at 01:55 AM.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase blog/campaign journal

17. - Top - End - #17

Maybe he meant metaphorically dead-like she considered herself to have died a long time ago, probably because she did something horrible, and her body still lives on anyway. Ronin here is just so Sensitive that xe could pick up on it at a glance.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    Maybe he meant metaphorically dead-like she considered herself to have died a long time ago, probably because she did something horrible, and her body still lives on anyway. Ronin here is just so Sensitive that xe could pick up on it at a glance.
    The individual was pretty clearly labelled "dead body" in the OP's earlier post. Said dead body sat up and started talking - nothing about that is normal, or acceptable, especially in what is looking like a survival-horror sort of dungeon-adventure.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase blog/campaign journal

19. - Top - End - #19

Actually, he probably should've responded by now. It's been a few days, and it's not like he's run out of story or action in the "module" this is based on.

Show
    Show

Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The Grue View Post
    The individual was pretty clearly labelled "dead body" in the OP's earlier post. Said dead body sat up and started talking - nothing about that is normal, or acceptable, especially in what is looking like a survival-horror sort of dungeon-adventure.
    Hey, its how the game (this is all actually from a game, which I am tweaking) treats her. She is one of the bodies in the morgue and she doesn't do anything until you pick up the plasma torch and then she gets up and talks to you. To be honest, it is pretty creepy.

But, to be fun, we have our conversation as follows)

Us: "I thought you were dead."

Not-so-dead body (Referred to as Kreia for ease): "Close to death, yes. Closer than I'd like. You have the smell of the kolto tank about you...how do you feel?"

Us: "The kolto tank left me a little drained...who are you?"

Kreia: "I am Kreia, and I am your rescuer - as you are mine. Tell me - do you recall what happened?"

Us: "Last I remember, I was on board a Republic ship, the Harbinger...what happened to it?"

Kreia: "Your ship was attacked, and it is no more. You were the only survivor...a result of your Jedi training, no doubt."

Us: "I am no longer a member of the Jedi Order."

Kreia: "Your stance, your walk tells me you are a Jedi. Your walk is heavy, you carry something that weighs you down."

Us: "The Jedi Order and I have a... troubled history."

Kreia: "So it would seem. Keep your past - and let us focus on the now."

Us: "What is this place? How did we get here?"

Kreia: "The ship we arrived in must still be in this place. We should recover it and leave. We were attacked once, and I fear our attackers will not give up the hunt so easily - without transport, weapons, and information, they will find us easy prey indeed."

Us: "We'll see. There's got to be someone left alive around here."

Kreia: "You may wish to extend your search to some clothes...if only for proper first impressions."

Us: "I will return soon to make sure you alright."

Ronin
    Information:
    Spoiler
    Show

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by russdm; 2015-01-19 at 04:43 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21

Why don't you tell us? SInce you just discarded audience input to make your own decisions, it seems like you really don't need the Playground to decide anything.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

You are upset because I didn't kill the woman? Does anybody else want me to remove interaction with her/kill her or remove the option to speak with her? Would that be better?

23. - Top - End - #23

She is kind of amoral at best, and has a lot of blood on her hands. Besides, if I want to play KOTOR II, I'll play KOTOR II. If I want to mess around in new and fun ways in the KOTOR II setting, I'll come here. Or at least I should be able to.

In other words...

Off with her head!

Show
    Show

Show

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah! Rosin will chop off the woman's head with the plasma cutter.
    Last edited by YossarianLives; 2015-01-26 at 06:26 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Can the woman still speak when her head's severed?

'Why did you do this to me?'
    'OH GOD A TALKING HEAD!'
    'Please give me a little bit of time to deliver my story dammit! I'm only mostly dead!'
    'How about this- tell me where to go next, before I tape your mouth up?'
    Last edited by goto124; 2015-01-26 at 07:16 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

So Ronin listens to the weird voices in Hir (no gender picked yet) head and cuts the woman's head off. Then ties it her waist, somehow. Then onward to exploration!

Meanwhile, Kreia is chewing Ronin out, but hey whatever.

We leave the medical bay by attacking a door with our plasma torch and find a body from whom we pick up a vibroblade. Then we set about being attacked by mining droids, bloody droids!

After clearing a path through, we make it a room with a terminal and some lockers. Before that though, we can feel something presence of something, an heightened awareness that helps dodge a droid attack.

Kreia calls it "The Force" and we sense it. We can use it and we need to figure out how.

What path should we pursue?

A) Path of a Jedi Guardian, wielding a lightsaber/weapons and the Force with a focus on combat?

B) Path of a Jedi Sentinel, wielding a lightsaber/weapons and the Force with a focus on stealthy strikes and sneaky behavior?

C) Path of a Jedi Consuler, wielding a lightsaber/weapons, but using the power of the Force to crush our enemies?

D) Use the Force for our own amusement while trying to either torment everyone we meet or be somewhat decent but more self interested?

Choose, as this will change further gameplay...

(Also, gender still undetermined)

Ronin
    Information:
    Spoiler
    Show

Traits: Healthy, Semi-Insane Voices (Only Semi because nobody has suggested anything really out there)
    Skills: Force Ability
    Inventory: 5 Medpacs, Vibroblade, Plasma Torch, A talking Severed head

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27

Ronin: Determine how to become a Force-Microkineticist, using the Force to operate on a scale of atoms and molecules with absolute precision. Also, say out loud how crazy the talking head is and how xe seems quite sane in comparison.

Show
    Show

Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

If Jedi means paladin, it's most likely a bad idea for a thread like this. With strangers jumping in to the game, and we probably don't want to argue with Russ and everyone else over having to follow some moral code. Evidence: Every 'what should my Paladin do' thread.

D please! I guess poster above me counts as D.
    Last edited by goto124; 2015-01-26 at 08:52 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by goto124 View Post
    If Jedi means paladin, it's most likely a bad idea for a thread like this. With strangers jumping in to the game, and we probably don't want to argue with Russ and everyone else over having to follow some moral code. Evidence: Every 'what should my Paladin do' thread.

D please! I guess poster above me counts as D.
    Any code will based around a few ideas at most and me being me, we may end up doing some things pragmatically but not exactly jedi like, like perhaps murder. My Jedi characters frequently turn into helping Knight Templer well intentioned extremist types for some reason.

So two votes for D, though the paths are more where we will focus our force power training and use, not morals. Morals will be pretty open aside from once or twice where it matters. Beyond that, we can be rather jerkish and still work.

30. - Top - End - #30

Goto, you got any issues with focusing on microkinesis? It's well within the bounds of D and canon.

Show
    Show

Show