Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Perminancy Question.

Am I correct that only those spells that specifically state in there spell discription, or are listed under the perminancy spell discription, can be made perminant by that means?

If so, is there another way to create perminant effects without "god-level" spellcasting (i.e. epic level, DM fiat, and the like)?
    Olethros
    From chaos expect everything.

I know not anger, I know not fear, I know not sleep...
    I am a Research Jedi.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Perminancy Question.

Anything other than those listed (or spells with a permanent duration) requires careful DM adjudication.

Magic items, grafts and runes are other possibilities for gaining near-permanent magic effects.
    All Yours Popcorn are belongs to me truly,
    LLS

3. - Top - End - #3
    Banned

persistant spell, granted it has to be cast more than once but it ends up good

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

You can always make magic items. It requires DM adjucation again for custom ones, though.

Warforged can turn parts of their own body into magic items, can't they? I vaguely recall that they can enchant their natural weapons or something, anyway.

A few spells last until discharged... those might help. Contingency is the most famous. Also Glyph of Warding and Greater Glyph of Warding, which can hold harmful spells until certain conditions are met... Energy Transformation Field, sorta, Spellstaff, Spell Phylactery...

There are lots of other permenant-duration spells, but those are the main ones that can store any spell from a given list.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

A friend of mine used permanancy to make a +5 weapon @ lvl 7 or so. He had it for a few adventures, then the DM sicced a wizzy with dispel magic on us. He was left with his regular shortsword.
    Permanency: fun
    dispel magic: fun killer
    If a cute girl with a red sash and overalls on slips you a note, ignore it, forget it, and sic the police on her.

You receive ten fail points. You may spend them as you see fit.