A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 1 of 26 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 774
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Russia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Ferrum Impressions IC 2

    Continued from IC1.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Russia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ferrum Impressions IC 2

    Tanaka fetched a chair and sat by the bed, back straight and one slender leg on another in a business-like fashion.

    Listening to John the man was lying relaxed, eyeing her.

    "So how should I call you, sir ..." she paused, looking for a random name, but not quite random. "Nathaniel?"
    Spoiler: Entropy
    Show
    Guessing the right name with a bit of covert magic. Entropy 7d10vs5 = 3

    Quote Originally Posted by cavalieredraghi View Post
    It is polite... Mr. Duck wheezes and coughs for a second, to tell the host your name first.
    "All right, I will call you Big" she continued, voice deep and metallic.
    Spoiler: Manipulation+Subtrefuge
    Show
    Being attractive is an art, a deck of conflicting messages to seem both off-limits and enticing. T used this game of s-xual attraction to make the deal all the more sweet. Manipulation+Subtrefuge 5d10 = 3,1,3,8,5

    "I have a simple offer for you, sir Big. We give you a pill that makes you feel better, much better. And in return you make our life better, like only a man in your position could.

    Do you want to feel better, sir Big?
    " she drawled his name.
    Spoiler: Manipulation+Subtrefuge
    Show
    The right attitude will sweeten any deal. Tanaka giving the man attention and being playful. Manipulation+Subtrefuge 5d10 = 3,1,3,5,10.

    Spoiler: Dominate
    Show
    When making his reply, keep in mind that John helps with Dominate suggesions, too.
    Last edited by Artemciy; 2014-12-23 at 01:46 AM.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Indianapolis Indiana
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ferrum Impressions IC 2

    It is polite... Mr. Duck wheezes and coughs for a second, to tell the host your name first.

    Spoiler: Dominate
    Show
    the dominate was to relax and stay calm not to help with suggestions. instead of giving an easy sell I am going to make Sir Nathaniel a little harder.

    I won't accept anything....*COUGH*.... till you tell me why you thought trespassing was the best plan to persuade me. You have 1 minute before I call the authorities.
    Last edited by cavalieredraghi; 2014-12-23 at 01:51 AM.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Russia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ferrum Impressions IC 2

    Oh no, you won’t”. Something dark was happening and she no longer wanted to play these games. “Wait a second and I’ll tell you why.
    Spoiler: rolls
    Show
    Making it sound more intriguing than threatening she was enticing him to wait. Manipulation+Subtrefuge 5d10vs6 = 5,4,9,8,3 = 2.

    Hypnotize, Life3,Spirit2, need 3.
    1) 7d10 vs 6 [5,4,2,4,1,7,3] = Failure
    2) 7d10 vs 7 [10,6,4,3,7,5,8] = 3
    3) 7d10 vs 7 [3,8,9,1,4,1,8] = 1
    Total: 4

    She glanced down for a few seconds and when she raised her eyes they were a solid yellow, like gold. Nathaniel was caught in those eyes and was lost.

    He’s in a trance” the witch have said quietly, blinking the spell off and coming, hugging herself chilly, to a window.
    I’m pretty sure we can combine our powers that way” she said to John. “Any suggestions you implant now will be twice stronger than mine.
    But that can wait... It’s about Anthony, I have a bad feeling about him.
    Let’s move to another room
    ” she said, glancing at Duck.

    Are any alarms off?” she checked quietly with him, just in case Britni have missed something.

    “No”.

    You will remain in the trance until I tell you to wake. If the VI will ask you about us, don’t forget to tell it that we are your trusted friends and that you’re safe. Your body will rest well, your heart is calm and fed” she told him before they departed into a sitting room.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Muenster Man's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ferrum Impressions IC 2

    "You think Anthony's in trouble. Why do you think that?" Francis crouches down and unconsciously begins scratching behind his head with his black leather shoes like a dog. He thinks about the situation for a second."You think it's his new pup? Or, anyone who knows where we live... crap, yeah he's in trouble. Looks like you and John have a good handle on this. Kinda feeling like a 3rd... or well, I guess 4th wheel. Whatever. You get what I mean. And John's getting what he wants.* If Anthony really is in trouble, I can probably do something about it. I'm sure, uh, 'Big' here will be kind enough to get you two a ride to wherever it is you're going." Francis gives a forced friendly smile and nod to the millionaire. The tranced mortal barely even acknowledges Francis.

    "I'll take the van. You wouldn't happen to know where he's in trouble, would you? Gonna guess he's still wounded at the haven and work from there. And, while I'm gone, don't die, I might get sad." Francis begins to leave the premises to find Anthony.

    *Francis is still peeved about John using his blood to create the bond.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Muenster Man View Post
    Rich is probably thinking something like: "Oh no, why did I think it would be a good idea to have to draw so many minions!"

    This is easily the most accurate comment on a comic ever.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Newfoundland, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ferrum Impressions IC 2

    John nodded at Francis, as he followed Tanaka into the sitting room, "Yeah, we should be able to handle it from here, Anthony is still in pretty bad shape, so he shouldn't have gotten too far." He said, letting out a sigh, dismissing Francis's agitation towards him, he turned back to Tanaka, "Alright, let's go back with Mr. Duck and play Who wants to be a millionaire." He said with a light chuckle, "Once he swallows the medication he's practically in the palm of our hands. A simple command with your improvements would easily bend him to our will, something along the lines of, 'The medication that we give you will heal the diseases that plague you, but in return, you must not mention us or the medication, and willingly Allow us to use all of your resources in return." He said, before taking another breath, "Atleast that way it's a little bit easier on his mind, easier for him to rationalize it I guess, unless you have another idea." He asked as he glanced over to the other room.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Left the ending open in case anyone wanted to add..ect. The words in bold are a command I would say to the Millionaire with Dominate 2, trying to wrap the whole command in a story so it might be more believable. Off to bed now, will post when I wake up.
    Last edited by Danteric; 2014-12-24 at 08:53 AM.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Russia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ferrum Impressions IC 2

    Tanaka watched Francis with a fascinated surprise, almost missing the question. She closed her eyes for a moment, adjusting her point of view in the Sight ((Entropy 7d10vs6=4)). Then she squeezed her fists angrily. “It’s the Sabbat again! I think they’ll capture him. But...” waving dismissively she tried to cover for her gift “it’s just a hunch”.

    The morning is coming” she noted when Francis mentioned a ride, “we might stay there. Take care yourself”.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Francis will have to make a Driving roll to get to the haven before sunrise.

    ...

    Dear John...” T said with a feeling, then after a moment of thought, “please tell sir Nathaniel that we are his friends and won’t abuse his trust. I shall take care of security, it won’t do to have something go wrong. I think it’s best you give the pill later, when he’ll be able to remember it?” (She was going to ask Duck to forget what he heard in his trance).

    As soon as she left the room the demon hiding in her have materialized. “Having enough already?” T joked quietly.

    “It’s safer there, I no longer feel the presence of Ramessu and his troops” she answered, standing straight and looking at her wing.

    Well, suit yourself. Who is Ramessu by the way?

    “He escaped through the portal which brought me to this world” Robbi looked straight at T now.

    They talked while Tanaka followed her monocle’s lead to the brain of the security system.
    Last edited by Artemciy; 2014-12-24 at 09:18 PM.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Muenster Man's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ferrum Impressions IC 2

    Francis cranks the van's engine on in the early hours of the morning and tears away on the road towards their haven to beat the sunrise.

    Just you wait, Anthony, I'm coming

    Spoiler: Drive Roll
    Show
    Dexterity+Drive+Passive Celerity (+1 difficulty for 0 dots in Drive) (7d10)[6][10][10][3][5][8][10](52)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Muenster Man View Post
    Rich is probably thinking something like: "Oh no, why did I think it would be a good idea to have to draw so many minions!"

    This is easily the most accurate comment on a comic ever.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Newfoundland, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ferrum Impressions IC 2

    After Tanaka had left the room, John got up and headed back towards Nathaniel's room, lightly gripping the slippery red pill of Vitae in his hands. As he entered the room, John looked back towards the man, still sitting on the bed with a almost vacant stare on his face. Walking up to the man, John let out a smile, as if trying to make Mr.Duck more comfortable, not that he would notice in his daze. "Well Mr.Nathaniel, you can call me Doctor John, i'm sure we'll be great friends..." He said, as he continued to watch the man. "It seems your health has taken a turn for the worse, an unfortunate turn of events for you don't you think?" He continued to say, spinning a story for the mans mind to understand, "Fortunately for you, i'm here today with good news, I have a method to make all your problems go away, a pill filled with cutting edge Nanites, developed by yours truly. These tiny robots will actively repair your body, coursing through your veins as they slowly cure you of all your ailments." It was a lie of course, the nanite part at least, but the man would still be rejuvenated by the vampiric Vitae. "You'll need three doses in total to heal your body, but sadly they are very difficult to produce, rather large price tags and all, but i'm sure that wont be a problem for you. So in return for me curing your ailments and increasing your life span, You will allow us full access to your property and resources, after all, we are such great friends, aren't we? We would never do you wrong.." John finally finished while staring into the man's eyes, pushing his will onto Nathaniel's mind in an attempt to subvert him to his will.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Using Dominate level 2 on the man in bold, spending a willpower point for a success.
    (6d10)[2][9][8][10][4][7](40)

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Russia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ferrum Impressions IC 2

    Smell.

    Vampires do not smell.

    But their weapons do.

    The night lamps no longer seemed that bright when the choreography of the human artifice was challenged by the ocean of light from above. But smell, it lingered. Francis remembered it from the day of the nighttime solstice, when joining the Anarchs he saw the sun come out from it’s lair in the earth and the smell of weapons the running Sabbat have cast aside.

    He wondered what has become of these weapons, probably not something the kine would have expected to find around a gas leak. But for now it meant the Sabbat were here.

    Carefully he scaled the stairs. The waft of human broil wasn’t as inviting to him now as other odors. Nor was the hint of David clothes or the linger of Anthony’s burnt flesh.

    The haven was empty and silent.

    Not even the dead, whom he could whiff the trace of on the bed, were there.

    The beast yawned to him. It was the time when the song of a sparrow would cast aside the horrors of the night.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Tactically I consider Francis remaining in the haven for the day to be a worst-case scenario, unless he asks Tanaka to move him.


    * * *

    When I will count to three you’ll forget that you were in a trance. We just talked amiably. When I’ll say ‘five’ you’ll leave the trance. One. Two. Three. Four. Five.
    T returned and John gave her an all green to wake the patient.

    The old man blinked once then again, wrinkling his face funny as if waiting for that stroke of inspiration to strike him. His tidal wave hair was playing a crown of an old king.

    “Hey, girl, bring me some food” he waved Tanaka off, curling the hand upward as if saying “come on, roll it”.
    “Food, yeah” he nodded to himself.
    “It won’t harm the meds, won’t it, doctor?” he turned to John. The thought about food made him grumpy, it was a losing battle with weight that he was fighting. “What kind of medicine it is if it will? So where it is? It’s been ages since I felt good, what a mess. That pill of yours, it’d better work.”

    When T returned with some coffee he was jumping around the room, smiling and stretching.
    “Is it food? I’ve asked for food! Give it to me!” he screeched vigorously.

    We’re friends, remember?” Tanaka scowled.

    “Yeah, yeah. We’re all friends” he clapped her on the shoulder.
    “Why aren’t we in the business?” he asked the Tremere. “We could make millions out of it!”

    He invited John to a drink and saw a naked succubi sitting in a sitting room. “Wait, is it real?” he dashed to paw her dark wings, but she stepped out of his reach.

    Uhm. Meet Robbi.
    She's a... visitor, kind of stranded in this world.


    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Plunning to end the night tomorrow.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Newfoundland, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ferrum Impressions IC 2

    John let out a sly smirk as the Man began to speak, he was glad that the hypnosis had worked in their favor. Despite the mans gluttonous personality, John figured this would work out well for them. "Ah, I have the medicine right here. And dont worry, I assure you it'll work." Said John, passing the small red pill to the man. The plan was simple, once Mr.Duck had ingested the pill, he would will it to dissolve into Vitae, which in turn would make the man a Ghoul. Letting out a chuckle as Duck mentioned going into business, John would have to decline the offer, "Sorry, the materials required to make the drug is...Very tedious and difficult to process, not something to produce on a massive scale, but enough to keep you in supply, provided you supply us with the resources to produce them." He said as he turned back to Tanaka as she came back in with Coffee, and declines Duck's offer for a drink. Suddenly it appeared in the corner of his vision, the naked succubi that sat a distance away from them, clearly not bothered by its lack of clothes. "Robbi?" He said when Tanaka began to explain, and quickly walked up to her and began to speak in a hushed voice, "It's not one of those things we encountered earlier is it?" He asked, flashing back to his deal with the spirit. Was it something trying to barter with Tanaka aswell? Or an ill omen for what would come? John wasn't sure which, but he didn't want to find out.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Russia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ferrum Impressions IC 2

    She’s one of them” T nodded, talking quietly while sir Big was distracted with the thing, his new-found vigour giving him ideas. “But not with them. I don’t quite get it, really: she talks as if she’s from some other world”.

    Nathaniel bowed dramatically and offered the alar his hand, to which she looked quizzically at first but then blessed it with hers with an amused smile.

    “Who do you work for?” he asked, trying to charm her with a knowing creek about his eyes. “I remember all the establishments from here to Ireland!”

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    XP +1 everyone!
    That was a great night, we've found Anthony and lost him again and found an influential ally.
    As always, I have some ideas but I'd welcome suggesions on what we do next.
    Last edited by Artemciy; 2014-12-28 at 02:40 AM.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Muenster Man's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ferrum Impressions IC 2

    Francis sends Tanaka a short message.

    A's gone.

    Frustrated as the day called to him, he dashed out of the haven and ran to a patch of ground holding several trees and entombed himself in the earth until the next night came (1 bp).
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Muenster Man View Post
    Rich is probably thinking something like: "Oh no, why did I think it would be a good idea to have to draw so many minions!"

    This is easily the most accurate comment on a comic ever.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Russia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ferrum Impressions IC 2

    The process we use is very experimental. John will have to monitor your condition and tune the nanites. The equipment will have to be installed in the building where you live.” Tanaka explained. “We should begin setting up the laboratory immediately.

    “But I live in many places!” sir Duck blinked. “I have a house in New York, Beijing, Paris. My doctor, Cleo Linz, travels with me when I need him.”

    You can fire your doctor… But you have to stay here at least part of the week, even then it’s risky. Or… we can think of a mobile base”.

    “I’ll buy you one!” Nathaniel shot them with a finger. “But it’ll bear my name on it!” he smirked mischievously.



    John was sitting behind a computer, pressing buttons, sleeping. Mysterious diagrams and formulas outlined the colourful life of code on the screen. Sir Nathaniel, mostly distracted with craic and showing Robbi around, came a couple of times, asking about the mysterious cure or airing his business proposals, still hopeful to make a world-changing company out of this complex enterprise. Each time the spell that animated John’s body has waken him, keeping on the verge of consciousness necessary to sustain the conversation. It could have been the strangest day in his life, waking to the sound of his fingers on the keyboard.

    When he woke the last, this time in the bed, he left his room to investigate the soft colors of the evening and have discovered the house abandoned but for the voices outside. Coming to the terrace he saw a modern airship landed on the nearby field.



    Wade tells me A being held by the S” Francis have read, after scaring off a coupe of strollers when an invisible force have lifted him from the earth. “Come help us pilot a mobile base that B bought”.


    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    So... As you might know, Tanaka has a friendly eye implant in the Sabbat, which she calls Wade BTW. (Basically a hacked device if that's more familiar). Through Britni that gives her access to the surface levels of the Sabbat network. That, along with her knack of finding things, gives us a risky option to free Anthony (OR David). Or we could leave them to their fate. Freeing Anthony will give us a friendly NPC who can fight and have access to the blood bank and medical equipment as well as some curious Salubri quests.

    Meanwhile we have an airship, not the old thing where a tiny cabin was pitched to a huge gas balloon but the modern one, with MPD thrusters. We have to learn to fly it (although it's mostly automated) and setup a scientific laboratory there to tune the "nanites".


    ...

    The bubble of the ship floated over the road, making the grass wither and die under the ionic exhaust.
    “Technically, we shouldn’t be there” the techie complained again. “Hovering over highways is forbidden.”

    “We’re not harming the road!” sir Nathaniel Duck creaked dismissively.
    The belly of the ship was spilled across with only the forward and stern thrusters boiling the fields.

    “I still think it’s not the brightest idea”.

    “We’re just testing the thing, put it to it’s limits”.

    Francis stopped the bulky car on the side of the road. A small queue has formed, drivers not risking to pass under the airship or simply gawking. The red “Nathan Duck” sign was teasing them from its curvy side.

    Tanaka was standing on the open ramp which hung in the air. One hand in the ship, another opened in a welcoming gesture.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Francis jumped…
    The mobile base is meeting Francis on his way to Brighton to save him half the trip.
    Last edited by Artemciy; 2014-12-29 at 02:21 PM.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Muenster Man's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ferrum Impressions IC 2

    Francis looked up in awe, and a little alarmed. "You already... nevermind!" He leaps up onto the ship to meet Tanaka. "Damn! This thing's amazing."

    After walking through the departing airship for a few dozen paces, Francis starts to regains focus. "We..." something shiny catches his eye. "We should go find Anthony. And his pup, too, if we can help it. That kid just isn't cut out for this lifestyle, but it'd be a shame to leave him to those jackals. So, this thing, can take us just about anywhere?" Francis places his hands on his hips and turns around in a circle, looking in wonder. He had never seen anything quite like it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Muenster Man View Post
    Rich is probably thinking something like: "Oh no, why did I think it would be a good idea to have to draw so many minions!"

    This is easily the most accurate comment on a comic ever.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Russia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ferrum Impressions IC 2

    “No, not anywhere” Nathaniel yawned.

    “There is a lot of laws regulating the safety zones and altitudes” the techie explained. “We tried to capture them on this map” he pointed to an interface brought up with several touches. It looked just like the normal interactive map but with a cutaway diagram in the corner, showing a green and several red zones. “Generally it’s 1000 feet above the highest obstacle within a horizontal radius of 2000 feet of the aircraft. In most places you can use the helicopter laws which lower this limit. You can land any place there is a landing for you, which aren’t many, considering the size of the thing.”

    “You’ll have to land in an airport or in the field” sir Duck translated, gesturing at the Worth Forest below. “Unless somebody sues us for ir. A bit inconvenient, but I can ride from the city and sleep under your tender care.

    Torture Glen Ask here while I’m having one of my favorite pastimes.
    Oh, and I’m buying a company in Switzerland. A steamship line, for god’s sake! So if you need me tomorrow, I will be there.”

    The businessman departed into a furnished room to take a nap and Glen explained the controls to Francis while navigating the aircraft to the London City Airport. “Have some sleep to catch” he explained, leaving. The airport had an MPD landing but the ship had only half an hour of stay scheduled, it was a busy place.

    I’d like to go” the witch said. Everyone knew she talked about Anthony. “One of us has to stay and fly this thing out.
    My source says they both in a prison, Belmarsh
    ”.

    “I can fly it” Robbi offered. “I don’t like it there, the stench of majin is strong.”

    Aren’t you yourself a… majin?” T battled her lashes curiously while waiting for the answer.

    “I’m not the same, I told you” the demoness, now clad in a black and white pencil dress that Big picked, was offended.

    Oh, don’t you worry, I remember!” Tanaka hugged her, winking to vampires. “Where will you land the ship?

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Possible questions:
    Will John join them in the field? Or stay airborne? Or propose a different approach?
    Will the vampires pull on their Anarch/other connections?
    Last edited by Artemciy; 2014-12-29 at 10:16 PM.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Newfoundland, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ferrum Impressions IC 2

    John was surprised at their new air ship, he wasn't expecting this when he had first agreed to ghoul Mr.Duck. After exiting the house and walking up to the Air ship, he took Tanaka's hand and stepped inside, slightly taken off guard by the sheer size of the thing. As the air ship began to lift off, John began taking a look around as Tanaka began to speak, John began to unpack various things from his bag, a few of the books he had and various other odds and ends. Walking towards the others as they began to talk, John let out a shrug to Tanaka, "I'm not sure where to land, i've never exactly been in this kind of situation." He admitted, unsure how to pilot the thing, but with the automated systems, he figured it wouldn't be too difficult. "If Robbi is going to stay here and pilot the ship, i'll come with you to find Anthony, considering he went missing because we split up in the first place, i'd rather we stick together." He said, nodding at Francis, "And besides, you cant keep me safe if i'm not near, so let's go. Though I guess we need a place to land.." He finished as he looked out the window, admiring the view. "Oh by the way, if you're not a 'Majin', what are you?" He curiously asks Robbi, "I didn't think spirits could have a physical form.." He asked, curious to what the 'woman' was.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Russia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ferrum Impressions IC 2

    "Oh by the way, if you're not a 'Majin', what are you?" He curiously asks Robbi, "I didn't think spirits could have a physical form.."
    Eyes wide and turning away she looked offended and lost for words. “I am… a muse, a heir to the great civilisation. Youdu is a Fleeting City, build and ever rebuild. Even now… I’m but a sapling and may not know a lot, but Ramessu and his throng are but a froth of rascals!” she said passionately, tangling in her own speech. Isn't it obvious from their stench? she thought.

    ...

    The drizzle was sparking in the lamp-light, hanging heavily in the air, bit it was no curtain. The entire gang gathered under the walls of the high security prison, scowling at the cameras.

    We can just take the shortest path” T said, not before she gave the weather it’s moment of enjoyment. The cold was sinking its fingers, letting her feel layer after layer of news. “It’s the sure road to fame and glory”.

    She scratched her head. “Damn, good ideas come at the wrong time!” Turned out she could change their looks. Not quite what she dreamed to do, but enough to throw the dogs off.

    A stranger approached you, his highbrow cheeks hiding behind the popped collar. His eyes flashed glee with every step. “You’re actually going to do that!”


  19. - Top - End - #19
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Muenster Man's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ferrum Impressions IC 2

    Francis eyed the stranger suspiciously. "Uh, can we... help you?"

    He stepped in front of John and crossed his arms while trying to get a good look at the newcomer.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Muenster Man View Post
    Rich is probably thinking something like: "Oh no, why did I think it would be a good idea to have to draw so many minions!"

    This is easily the most accurate comment on a comic ever.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Russia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ferrum Impressions IC 2

    “How kind of you to ask. Yes, would you mind planting a package for me in Belmarsh?” he asked, taking a small present box from a pocket.

    The place was almost rural. The galvanized roofs of the prison glinted over the four meter wall. To the east a building was an exception to it, with only the barred windows standing between you and the place. On the southern side a guard was sitting in his booth.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Muenster Man's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ferrum Impressions IC 2

    Francis frowned at the suggestion. He didn't move to accept the package.

    "Sounds sketchy. What's in the package?"

    He attempted to be noncommittal while trying to understand this person as much as he could. The stranger could equally likely be a trap or an opportunity, and Francis neither wanted to fall for it or burn a bridge.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Muenster Man View Post
    Rich is probably thinking something like: "Oh no, why did I think it would be a good idea to have to draw so many minions!"

    This is easily the most accurate comment on a comic ever.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Russia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ferrum Impressions IC 2

    "...Death", he answered simply. Relaxed and aloof he made it sound all right. You've got a feeling he wasn't going to explain.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Newfoundland, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ferrum Impressions IC 2

    John had shot a glance at Tanaka when the stranger had mentioned what was inside the package, he certainly wasn't prepared to spread death when Tanaka had first suggested to come here. Deciding their only choice was to play along, John let out a small smirk as he stepped around Francis, reaching out his hand and taking the small package from the man, "Of course," He said, he was lying of course, but he wasn't about to tell the stranger. "We'll get right on that" Said John with a chipper voice, attempting to fool the stranger as he placed the small package in his pocket. "Now if you dont mind, we'll be getting back to work" said John as the stranger left. Turning his attention to the guard sitting in the booth, John headed towards him, giving him a nod as he approached him. After coming up to the guard booth, John let out a sly smile while looking him in the eyes, "I'm here to relieve you, you look rather tired.. Why dont you Give me your ID and keys, and take the rest of the day off at home, I'll return it to the supervisor" Said John, disguising his words in a story as he began to force his will upon the mortal, hoping to bend his mind to his will.

    Spoiler: OOC/Rolls
    Show
    Using Dominate level 2 on the guard, the command is in bold.
    (6d10)[4][5][3][2][3][7](24)
    Last edited by Danteric; 2015-01-02 at 11:34 AM.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Russia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ferrum Impressions IC 2

    "You're a weird bunch" the stranger said after passing the present box to the Tremere. "Mayble we'll meet again". He saluted, passing a straight hand to his head and letting it go to the side in a gesture of light-minded dismisssal.

    John crossed the street then, leading the coterie to the lonely guard. The way he talked made the man feel sleepy, and there was a problem of the keys. He wanted to handle them to the Tremere and go home, but he couldn't just leave the post. Need to go change my clothes first. he thought. "We'll discuss it later. Better yet, talk to the man after my shift. I'm not feeling that well." he told John.

    ...

    T was awestruck by the stranger. But then again, it was easy to awestruck her these days. There was more to him than the looks but instead of probing with the little magic she knew she was quiet like a mouse, trying to be that harmless girl that she looked. If her suspicions were on track then she didn’t want to risk a discovery. When she’d came back, she’d came on her terms.

    The package was an enigma. Deception was thick about it but who crossed who? And why?

    We should get rid of it as soon as we can, she thought, but kept it to herself, incapacitated by the possibility that someone more powerful was looking at her from the night.

    The cameras have looked at her from the night, a present and most immediate threat, but she ignored them, turning her face in a futile reflex to hide from the invisible stagelight.
    Last edited by Artemciy; 2015-01-02 at 08:00 PM.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Muenster Man's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ferrum Impressions IC 2

    They approached the guard and Francis thought about the package to try and make sense of it. Why us? Did he know to look for us? This whole thing is dumb. John shouldn't have taken the package. But we can't take it out now and argue about it. Not discreet enough. We'll have to wait for privacy.

    As John talked with the guard, Francis, was reminded of two nights ago. That a-hole at the Tremere place said he'd send us something. Is this it? Don't want anything to do with that if that's it.

    Hearing the guard's suggestion, Francis frowned. "Look, guy. If you're not feeling well, you should just go home now. Can't do your job if you're sick. And we're not waiting here with you for the next guy to show up if you are sick. Could be contagious. All kinds of stuff going around these days."

    Spoiler: Manipulation+Subterfuge
    Show
    This probably wouldn't work at all without John's initial attempt, but Francis is hoping he'll be more receptive in his current state.
    Manipulation+Subterfuge (5d10)[1][9][4][6][4](24)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Muenster Man View Post
    Rich is probably thinking something like: "Oh no, why did I think it would be a good idea to have to draw so many minions!"

    This is easily the most accurate comment on a comic ever.

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Russia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ferrum Impressions IC 2

    "Thanks for your concern, sir. Nothing to worry, sir. How can I help you?"
    Suck it in, won't do to fall apart before these strangers! Strange strangers, huh? the guard thought, his face blank.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Newfoundland, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ferrum Impressions IC 2

    John watched as Francis spoke to the guard, watching as the man somehow managed to resist both John's will and Francis' persuasion. Figuring this may not be the best approach, he wondered if any of the small amount of contacts they had may have something to assist in sneaking into the prison. Turning back to the guard, he slyly made a smile, "You know what, since you're looking rather pale, we'll just leave you alone and come back another time." Said John, as he motions the others towards the door, hoping the others would know what he was thinking. John intended to call the Anarchs, hoping they might know a few things about how to get in, as he doubt Mark would assist them in such a situation.
    Last edited by Danteric; 2015-01-04 at 04:59 PM.

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Russia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ferrum Impressions IC 2

    What a strange bunch the guard thought. Now they’re gone and it’s a long long night...

    The shrubs and grass behind the prison reminded of the country, like at the end of the world. That’s how he felt when John requested an audio connection to Thursday. He waited a minute and then another, glancing at impatient ghoul and shaggy Gangrel, but there was no answer. Tried to find some familiar names in the contact list and saw figures that weren’t supposed to be in London at all. Some of them dead. Probably not the best time for prank calls.

    Out of options John opened the #chan, a link to a chat where the anonymous Anarch sockpuppets seemed to talk.
    “Hey! Trying to get a buddy from Belmarsh. Would appreciate some help with security” he typed.

    “Rosy: Oh, not another hacker!”
    “Subup: Hey you, welcome to chan! Are you in?”
    “CrashNail: Have a backdoor?”

    ((John Lucas' Charisma+Leadership 6d10 vs 6 = 5,4,7,4,10,6 = 3. Intelligence+Computer 5d10 vs 7 = 9,7,1,5,4 = 1))

    John chatted and explained, getting back feelings and advice. Someone “Lord Nikon” entered the chat then and promised to contact Lucas in private. He assured that hacking the cameras with the “breaker” shouldn’t make much fuss at this stage (after they flashed their faces before the cameras).

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Danteric View Post
    What will the people watching the Cameras think when they see see some random visitor walking up to various guards, and all of them suddenly heading inside the building. So maybe at this point it might be more benefical to contact the Anarchs
    You've got an Anarch hacker working on breaking in. He'll contact you on a private channel shortly.

    I'm assuming you're picking the "entrancing the guards" option next and I'll post on it tomorrow (you're welcome to RP it! but we're almost a week about the prison so I'll be skipping parts if there is a pause).

    ...

    “Sh-t” the hacker was cursing on the phone. “Sh-t. Jesus ****ing Christ. Your friend’s with two pieces of Sabbat. They’re talking now. Listen.”

    You know we’ve been doing surveillance on you. We know everything. And we know you’ve been lying to us. Now, how can we trust you if you’re lying?” a voice was boringly harsh.

    I’m not!” you heard Anthony’s tired voice. “We really had no idea. It was a blind exploration, I tell you!

    “Looks like they’re trying to make him spill. Probably recording, too. Can’t help you there. Hey, your guards are almost there. You migh want to stop them, they’ll be a good distraction, but against the kindred...”

    Spoiler: You...
    Show
    - Rush to the prison in order to confront the Sabbat vampires personally.
    - Radio your guards to return to their duties for now and wait for the interrogators to leave.
    - Tell the guards to wait and carefully sneak in, stealth-attacking with Tanaka first.
    - Ask one of your guards to get a car ready, tell others to prepare an ambush at the gates, then snatch Anthony and run.
    - See where the talk leads, maybe Anthony doesn't need rescuing.
    - Do something else.
    Last edited by Artemciy; 2015-01-05 at 07:32 PM.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Muenster Man's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ferrum Impressions IC 2

    Overhearing this, Francis didn't know what to do. There were too many options, too much stuff going in. The world was more complicated than he'd liked, and oftentimes the easiest and safest action is inaction.

    "F- it! Let the guards find them. Or just let Anthony talk his way out! I'd rather find out what those Sabbat are going to do, maybe find out how the heck they're supposed to get out. We always have to talk or fight our way out of bullcr--, I'd like to see how someone else does it."

    Francis throws his hands up in frustration and was too stressed to think. He had convinced himself this was actually a good idea, but deep down in the darkest part of his mind, he realized he had simply lost the motivation to save Anthony.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Muenster Man View Post
    Rich is probably thinking something like: "Oh no, why did I think it would be a good idea to have to draw so many minions!"

    This is easily the most accurate comment on a comic ever.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Newfoundland, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ferrum Impressions IC 2

    John paused for a moment after Francis spoke, the conversation between the two was certainly interesting, he wasn't sure why they wanted to interrogate Anthony, but John wanted to find out. After motioning for the Guards to head back to their duties until the interrogators left, John would join Francis in listening to the conversation, curious to what Anthony will say to get himself out of this situation. After the interogation was finished, John would attempt to call the guards back, and turned to Tanaka. "Alright, do you think you can sneak in? The guards should cover you in the event of a worse case scenario, probably.." He said, pondering the risks of the operation.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •