A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default (OOC) United North...west!

This is a Thread for the game Empire!

Nothing to see here unless you're an invited nation to this conference!

That would be at present -

Ashenia
    Niskovia
    Bordeux
    Hurosha
    Guilder
    Raaneka
    Fera

Thank you.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: (OOC) United North...west!

Guilder present and accounted for. Worried about if the Concordat pulls some moves and makes things go early.
    James/TheDoge Avatar by Ceika!

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by TravelLog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SamBurke View Post
    *snip* ...Hands down the funniest class critique ever... *snip*
    I cannot tell you the number of times I laughed while reading this.

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

First Place Pathfinder Grab Bags:
    XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'm here too. I don't have much to say; however, I do suggest that we invite C'nor into our alliance as well. I'm on good terms with her. I can't say for certain, but as far as I know she has little to no ties with the Imperium or Concordant. Besides that, she has spoken of making an alliance with the Free States against Imperium aggression.
    Amazing Jaune Arc avatar made by the talented artist Comissar. Thanks a lot!

Playing as the Kingdom of Gleiss in Empire! 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    A ravenous, numberless horde of immortal, undying goats cursed with unceasing hunger would actually be a very disturbing apocalypse.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

The thing is they are currently helping her win her area back, aren't they?

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic

5. - Top - End - #5

Hurosha Reporting.....

Got lots of troops ready to go, but I have a couple of requests in regards to my battlefield.

In character, Hurosha is not on too good terms with Ashenia, so I want to fight on a different battlefield if possible, to prevent IC issues. With Bordeux I haven't got any problems though, we just didnt get in eachother's way anymore.
    A swordmaster never backs off, I'll cut you to ribbons with my almighty sabre! CHAOS DANCE!!

Nyllana OotS Avatar by Lord FullBladder, Master of Goblins!

Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing to see here
    My Extended Homebrew Sig!

Currently writing a fantasy novel: The Dawn of Life!
    People willing to provide feedback are appreciated

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Raaneka is alive and our partying units are ready for deployment

I'm a little concerned over the Imperium making nasty noises in my direction, but if we can get treaties with the West signed this round I would be...much much happier.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    The thing is they are currently helping her win her area back, aren't they?
    No, that's Niskovia and Bordeux with Sycia adding like a single unit of crusaders from half way across the planet. I have some pretty good OOC relations with C'nor, assuming that things haven't changed, so I'll see about poking her if you'd like.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuintonBeck View Post
    Many thanks to Snowfire for collating all these. He's a madman, but he's a helpful madman.
    Spoiler: Things
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    Damn you Snowfire. I cried.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon777 View Post
    T_T I swear, you just made me cry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Well, here's another for your sig, Snowfire.

<struck dumb>

7. - Top - End - #7

Quote Originally Posted by Aedilred
    I don't know if Morph's been in contact with you - he said he would be but doesn't always act as quickly as he might - but since things are escalating quickly and I'm about to go afk for much of the rest of the round I figured I might as well say hello myself. Obviously we haven't had a lot of contact and aren't anywhere near each other really but inasmuch as the Imperium is all one family what happens out west is still my business.

Anyway, it's probably not escaped your notice that there's a big war on the horizon. I have no idea what's actually going to kick it off but Snow is certainly spoiling for one, Blade is disinclined to apply the brakes, and the Imperium's got tangled up in the middle, especially since Sam is very keen to fight us for some reason.

I know the Imperium and Bordeux have not been on good terms for a while - possibly not ever, really - and that has always seemed to me to be a shame since we'd work better if we weren't constantly at each other's throats and I've made a point of trying to establish good relations with pretty much everyone else out west. What Morph was supposed to be doing was discussing with you some kind of mutually acceptable settlement in the west that can put an end to the constant friction. I'm not empowered to make any such deal but I do know that we're not planning on any significant more expansion to the west - it's basically just a GK for Logic, which means in all likelihood one more region, and that's it. I don't know what Bordeux is after in that part of the world - presumably Dong Nam back or some sort of equivalent exchange (not that that's anything to do with us, but we've been holding off doing anything with it ourselves in case you were intending to retake it) but if we know what you're after we can do our best to assist or at least not get in the way.

Obviously any such deal would be made a lot harder if we end up fighting in the near future, though. None of us really want to fight Bordeux, either over territory in the west or in some kind of EoD-Concordat proxy war, so I figured it was worth extending the hand now in case Morph hadn't already, in the hope we could work something out and not come to blows again.
    So... Yeah. Advice? Go for the double cross or flat-out refuse? I'm included for the latter, but whatever the consensus is works for me.
    Amazing Jaune Arc avatar made by the talented artist Comissar. Thanks a lot!

Playing as the Kingdom of Gleiss in Empire! 3.

A ravenous, numberless horde of immortal, undying goats cursed with unceasing hunger would actually be a very disturbing apocalypse.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground

Niskovia is present!

Odd that I have not heard from Aedilred about this...

I will say that if the Imperium gets involved things get very complicated. My vassal (Fera) has a treaty of non-interference with the Imperium and as a the Haljans are a pacifist people so they will not be committing their troops to a war of the other side of the world.

Personally I would like for my people to take a stance of neutrality in this possible war, however recent negotiations will be giving my people stronger ties with the Empire of Dawn than we've had previously and so, if the Empire of Dawn is not the aggressor in this possible conflict I will commit my troops to its defence only, hopefully on fronts with no Imperium presence if they get involved.
    I believe when looking at a southern region, all you need to do is flip a coin. On heads - it belongs to the Salterri Imperium. On tails - it will SOON belong to the Imperium.

31 regions...sheesh.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Burch View Post
    So... Yeah. Advice? Go for the double cross or flat-out refuse? I'm included for the latter, but whatever the consensus is works for me.
    I wanna point out that what Aed is saying in that quote is incorrect; I'm eager NOT to go to war. Don't know that I'll have the chance, so I'm pleased to get to know you folks, a little more immediately than otherwise I might.

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

Ashenia is also present.

Hmm... This is a tricky situation. I've managed to end up with good relations with most of the Imperium plus Glazfell is a trading partner of mine. However, Ashenia will as always stand with Bordeux and I certainly have no wish for either the Imperium or the Concordat to grow more powerful. So you've got my support.

Anyways, just echoing Waylander here. It would be best for Huroshan and Ashenite troops to be deployed separately if possible. In addition, I'd rather avoid fighting the forces of Imperium if I can. Which means I get to fight the Sympol and Tzaltec fire throwers. Oh boy!

And on the topic of Aedilred, I too have received a message exhorting my neutrality and suggesting I use this as an opportunity to make gains against Hurosha. Don't worry Waylander, I may want some of your land, but I'm not about to go stealing it. I believe Aedilred is just trying to gauge our intentions from our responses. If there is going to be a war after all, it's going to be a big one and he's not stupid enough to go into it without first looking over the playing field.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

Does anyone have any complaints about inviting the rest of the Triumvirate as well? They will be assisting in all likelyhood as well, so we can further be on the same page. I'll invite C'nor now.

World Building Projects:
    Magic

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

Welcome all! Thank you for all being here, and I ask that you at least keep anyone elses involvment but yours a secret. That means if someone asks you if you know who else is assisting the Empire of Dawn in any way, just say where you are in it if you'd like. You don't even have to do that, but at this point people have been getting bits of information through grapevines and they're running with it. Even if what they think is happening isn't what actually is.

We can see this with Guilder for instance: The Imperium was told by the Concordat that Guilder wants to attack them. Was it once an idea that the Salterri needed to be cut back, because of the Seabourn Confederation and Celero joining? I don't think any of us didn't think about it at some point. They're big. They're threatening, and it was an idea at some point. But to take an OOC comment and turn it into the Guilderene expanse wants war with the Imperium? The Concordat also told me a few rounds agor that Guilder threatened to go to war with the Concordat in the past repeatedly, which isn't true.

So they're spreading half truths, or exagerating small things, or outright spreading rumors.

I'm working on seeing if I can get the Salterri to stay out of the conflict in general, and diplomize with them, but we shall see what happens. They've asked me to do the same in the past (keep out of their war) but that was a civil war, so we shall see what comes of it. We've busted our butts trying to make Guilder have a better image in deeds and in words, but the Salterri see it as biding time until they do it again. Heck some of you might think that...and perhaps we can disuade some of that here. Anyway, given that they're asking each of you about it now means this is all going down next round, I think, and that they are likely to be involved.

If they DO join, they'll either work in support of the Concordat's forces, or outright invade Requiem and Triumph. If they win either of those, my great kingdom and empire will collapse, and I'll be back to square one. I know Faedas has been eyeing Domhan Abhaile for some time now as well, so that's another potential target.

Anyway, now to go to you folks -

Borduex - Welcome and thank you for your support. I'd rather you not pretend to be a double agent in this case, and since that's your preference as well, I'd go with your gut. I recomend not divulging much in the way of usable information, other than what you'd like to give. Such as who else is at this meeting.

Guilder - If they attack this round, well then we're good, because everyones here, and we're getting on the same page. I know you don't want the war. Our image is about to change. The Concordat has proved to us over and over that there's not going to be a peaceful solution. They want to war with us, and have been itching for it. The only thing we can do now is defend ourselves, and try and survive.

Hurosha & Ashenia- Since you two are not on great terms, I think that would be wise. Perhaps when this passes, we can try and come up with some sort of "Mason Dixon" line, west of which is Ashenia, east of which is Hurosha, and go from there. I don't know how either of you will feel about it, but I see no reason why we can't later use this oncoming war as a way to unite our peoples a bit better, without joining kingdoms. The more we quarrel amongst ourselves, the more we let our enemies overtake us.

Ashenia - I appreciate and respect your faithfulness to Bordeux, and certainly appreciate your support. I apologize that it puts you in a tricky situation. Should I be attacked by the Concordat, I'm planning on raising a blockade so that trade doesn't assist our enemies, so is there anything I can do to keep you from suffering from the loss of Glazfell's trades during the war? I can add them to my actions during the games if you like? If you'd prefer I not do that, we'll have to talk, because I'm loathe to allow my enemies get the resources they need to better attack us.

Hurosha - Welcome! If you could, don't tell Faedas about what's going on in this thread. I know you both talk, and apparently she's been feeding the information to the Concordat even though you asked her not to. Seems to me that she's trying to play for both teams to side with the winner...

Raaneka - Thank you for your assistance and efforts to try and not have this war happen, and seeing as people are saying, oh, you're acting opposed to what you're saying, you can always respond with - sometimes a cigar is a cigar. I've tried for peace, but I have to make sure my people and my empire are able to be protected, and we were just warned that "War is Coming". Seeing that the Concordat are mass raising troops, and you know they've threatened war in the past, you're just raising defences. Its not like your newest technology is warlike, which it could have been. You got this. We got your back.

Niskovia - If I can keep you out of this war, I will, but if it gets to be a dog pile, you might want to be prepared to come in. I'm seeing a lot of troops being raised... I appreciate you defending me, and I hope things can go well enough.

I want to say that all of you volenteering assistance shall not be forgotten. Some of you are working out treaties with me and mine to better ally ourselves, so you can post those here if you need to. Way, I know we've already got a thread for that, so you don't have to do that.

As I mentioned to Ashenia, I'm planning on creating a blockade of the Concordat should they attack. This will likely result in some of you not getting your trades from the Concordat, and I'd like to allieviate any hardships that may cause. Let me know your concerns and we can go from there.

World Building Projects:
    Magic

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

So... I'm wondering what Celero's actions mean? They're clearly expecting an assault, and I'm wondering if that's related to our combat or something I've missed?

@Wombat: Definitely they're using misinformation. The most important thing here is to be open and explain things, to make sure that we don't fold over ourselves and start having in-fighting. The Ashenia/Hurosha solution is awesome, for example.

As to there being a war, I'm fine with it. Question, though: do you think the war will be dangerous enough that it will warrant MECKs coming out? Vizini would, again, hate that, but if it was a world-war, he'd pull them out.

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

So... I'm wondering what Celero's actions mean? They're clearly expecting an assault, and I'm wondering if that's related to our combat or something I've missed?

@Wombat: Definitely they're using misinformation. The most important thing here is to be open and explain things, to make sure that we don't fold over ourselves and start having in-fighting. The Ashenia/Hurosha solution is awesome, for example.

As to there being a war, I'm fine with it. Question, though: do you think the war will be dangerous enough that it will warrant MECKs coming out? Vizini would, again, hate that, but if it was a world-war, he'd pull them out.
    Instead of having MECK's come out, I'd destroy the tech. We don't want people using secret actions to steal them, and we aren't able to use them, and its partially a reason for the war to happen. If you destroy it, people can't use it, and since half the resources are in the Concordat, its no great loss for you. Better than it falling in enemy hands, after all.

As for Celero, I spoke with Logic and he sees the increase in troops with his neighbors as an inclimate attack. He's told me that he's not going to reneg on our non aggression pact, so theres that. I'm having him reach out to Burch to get more info.

World Building Projects:
    Magic

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

Instead of having MECK's come out, I'd destroy the tech. We don't want people using secret actions to steal them, and we aren't able to use them, and its partially a reason for the war to happen. If you destroy it, people can't use it, and since half the resources are in the Concordat, its no great loss for you. Better than it falling in enemy hands, after all.

As for Celero, I spoke with Logic and he sees the increase in troops with his neighbors as an inclimate attack. He's told me that he's not going to reneg on our non aggression pact, so theres that. I'm having him reach out to Burch to get more info.
    But I view the destruction of technology as one of the worst possible crimes one could could commit... Is it necessary, d'you think?

Sounds fair.

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

But I view the destruction of technology as one of the worst possible crimes one could could commit... Is it necessary, d'you think?

Sounds fair.
    Worse than war? Than murder? Than having that technology used against you? I know you're loathe to do it. I just don't want something to bite us that we can't even use to bite back without justifying their grievances.

World Building Projects:
    Magic

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatofDoom
    So they're spreading half truths, or exagerating small things, or outright spreading rumors.
    I'm honestly not surprised. This war is shaping up to be big and decide the course of history for who knows how long into the future. The Concordat, and the Imperium also, are simply trying to sway the opinions of the unaligned states.

On Faedas: True, they might see this as an opportunity. They have been trying to increase their holdings on the central continent so they may take advantage while everyone's troops are elsewhere. Alternatively, they may be more sensible and wait to see how the conflict is going before choosing sides.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatofDoom
    Hurosha & Ashenia- Since you two are not on great terms, I think that would be wise. Perhaps when this passes, we can try and come up with some sort of "Mason Dixon" line, west of which is Ashenia, east of which is Hurosha, and go from there. I don't know how either of you will feel about it, but I see no reason why we can't later use this oncoming war as a way to unite our peoples a bit better, without joining kingdoms. The more we quarrel amongst ourselves, the more we let our enemies overtake us.

Ashenia - I appreciate and respect your faithfulness to Bordeux, and certainly appreciate your support. I apologize that it puts you in a tricky situation. Should I be attacked by the Concordat, I'm planning on raising a blockade so that trade doesn't assist our enemies, so is there anything I can do to keep you from suffering from the loss of Glazfell's trades during the war? I can add them to my actions during the games if you like? If you'd prefer I not do that, we'll have to talk, because I'm loathe to allow my enemies get the resources they need to better attack us.
    I'd be fine with such a line. I recommend that a simple agreement wherein Hurosha agrees not to expand into the polar regions further West than Tletica. It's basically a confirmation of the status quo situation in that part of the world.

I can weather the interruption in trade, I have the diplomacy score to keep my regions stable should they rebel because the import of certain goods has been blocked. I'm more worried about the aftermath and whether or not I'll be able to restore previous trades. But that bridge will be crossed when I get to it, there are more important concerns for now.

On MECK technology, I have a possible solution, but I don't know if it'd be rules legal. Use a secret action to lock away some MECKs and the plans and all in a hidden vault, preferably in some remote region where discovery is unlikely, then destroy the technology. If things go right and this is legal according to the rules, you needn't fear the tech being stolen and it's still there should you need it again in the future.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Hi everybody. I'll be speaking on behalf of the triumvirate for now. The church will come to the defense of the faithful as they have in the past. We're working through political upheaval right now though and soon we will be two separate but still united kingdoms.

Imp is willing to commit the guild assassins and troops as necessary. I don't know how everyone feels about assassins IC, but the Triumvirate justifies it as taking one life to spare thousands. If anyone would object heavily this is a good place to bring it up. If anyone would like to sponsor an assassination IC shoot Imp a message to work out terms. (largely fluff since we're working together)

On the Imperium, I'm wondering if this war will fracture them. Morph and I had plans to work together in the near future, and Aed and Durk have nearly left the Imperium before. So I imagine either Morph will side with Aed to try to hold the Imperium together, or he might take a hard stance against it and force the split. Either is possible. I don't see murgen or Logic siding against us which reinforces the chance of them becoming effectively the Northern Salterri in my mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by lt_murgen View Post
    Exploratory expeditions expeditiously expediting exploration would be epicurially equipped.
    Avatar Designed by EmersonTung, Recreated by Gengy

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

On MECK technology, I have a possible solution, but I don't know if it'd be rules legal. Use a secret action to lock away some MECKs and the plans and all in a hidden vault, preferably in some remote region where discovery is unlikely, then destroy the technology. If things go right and this is legal according to the rules, you needn't fear the tech being stolen and it's still there should you need it again in the future.
    The problem is that that would still allow a possibility of recovery... To be honest, I'm just going to shut them down, for now.

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

20. - Top - End - #20

I wasn't planning on continuing any farther west to begin with. Not worth the trouble. We can set up a treaty after the war (Is Ashmarism legal in Ashenia btw? :P).

In other news, I spoke to the Imperium and Aed agreed to stay out of it if Hurosha stayed out of it. With a bit of luck we can contain this a little bit. I'll proclaim myself agressive neutral, hedging out all EoD hostile troops. Aka I would still let Bordeux and Ashenia pass for example. In addition, I'll provide support in the form of trade blocking and secret actions.

And if it's really needed, I'll support openly with troops. However, if I do that, it might escalate again.

Long story short, I think I can keep other parties out if I do not attack directly. But I still have your back.

Thoughts?
    A swordmaster never backs off, I'll cut you to ribbons with my almighty sabre! CHAOS DANCE!!

Nyllana OotS Avatar by Lord FullBladder, Master of Goblins!

Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing to see here
    My Extended Homebrew Sig!

Currently writing a fantasy novel: The Dawn of Life!
    People willing to provide feedback are appreciated

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WaylanderX View Post
    I wasn't planning on continuing any farther west to begin with. Not worth the trouble. We can set up a treaty after the war (Is Ashmarism legal in Ashenia btw? :P).
    Ashmarism has been legal since around the time of Rove (or whoever it was who succeeded Nyllana) ascended to the throne of the Huroshan Empire. It was originally outlawed on incomplete theological knowledge as to the perspective of Ashenia at the time it was considered a subset of the Doctrine of Flame.
    The then King of Ashenia, whose name escapes me, delivered the news personally as a coronation present.

Quote Originally Posted by WaylanderX View Post
    In other news, I spoke to the Imperium and Aed agreed to stay out of it if Hurosha stayed out of it. With a bit of luck we can contain this a little bit. I'll proclaim myself agressive neutral, hedging out all EoD hostile troops. Aka I would still let Bordeux and Ashenia pass for example. In addition, I'll provide support in the form of trade blocking and secret actions.

And if it's really needed, I'll support openly with troops. However, if I do that, it might escalate again.

Long story short, I think I can keep other parties out if I do not attack directly. But I still have your back.

Thoughts?
    That may be difficult for them to accept. But we'll try it anyway. After all, someone's got to keep the Stormvermin from outflanking Lyradis and running rampant across the Central Continent and reserves are always handy.

Dragons!

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

Alright, so I just want to see what the conditions are for each person entering this war.

Silver Moon and Ashenia are basically doing the same thing, but I'm not sure if it means they will come in aid of the EoD if attacked by the Concordat, or if the Imperium needs to join in for them to enter. Ashenia would like to keep out of fighting in the same area as Hurosha. Not sure also if they would aid if a counter attack was implemented, or if they are willing to harry in other locations to draw Concordat troops from the battle. Also, we need a plan for if the Salterri block Silver Moon ships from entering the canal, which has been the general historical actions they've taken...

Niskovia is supporting defense if I am attacked, but only will commit to defensive measures and no counter attacks, and would like to remain neutral if at all possible. They'll be our "surprise" reserves if things blow up, and things.

Hurosha is at first doing a neutrality thing to try and keep the Salterri from fully committing troops to the cause. I'm not sure why that keeps them out, in character, but whatever. He's going to help with fortifications, block trade for enemy nations, and do secret actions (not sure what those would be). If the Salterri end up involving themselves anyway, they'll break neutrality in our favor, and come in as reserves or on a harrying front.

Guilder and Raaneka obviuously are all in.

World Building Projects:
    Magic

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground

Silver Moon and Ashenia are basically doing the same thing, but I'm not sure if it means they will come in aid of the EoD if attacked by the Concordat, or if the Imperium needs to join in for them to enter. Ashenia would like to keep out of fighting in the same area as Hurosha. Not sure also if they would aid if a counter attack was implemented, or if they are willing to harry in other locations to draw Concordat troops from the battle. Also, we need a plan for if the Salterri block Silver Moon ships from entering the canal, which has been the general historical actions they've taken...
    We're planning to backstab the lot of you and divide the Central Continent between ourselves and our Concordat allies. We're with you. Unless of course more of those statues should show up in Sulvan's Fury at which point I might need my troops.
    As for the Salterri attempting to block Bordeusi ships, they'll only be able to do that if they decide to create a naval blockade, which would immediately signify their coming into the war against us. If they do end up neutral, we'll hold them to freedom on the high seas. My armies of course will travel overland so no issues for me.
    And yes, Huroshans and Ashenites on different battlefields to avoid incidents. However, if the need arises, I am fine with my troops riding to the defence of Hurosha or vice versa.

Dragons!

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

Elemental, I love your round post so much. My kingdom for the ability to upvote <3

I've made a few changes to my round post, significantly noping out any ability for the Imperium to declare war on me by returning all of the stuff the Fellows found in Farridon and I may drop my aquatic unit construction for something more useful. I'm also going to take some time today to ensure that all of my required resources are covered by people who can't be blocked from trading with me. I'm pretty sure I'm all good though.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuintonBeck View Post
    Many thanks to Snowfire for collating all these. He's a madman, but he's a helpful madman.
    Spoiler: Things
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    Damn you Snowfire. I cried.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon777 View Post
    T_T I swear, you just made me cry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Well, here's another for your sig, Snowfire.

<struck dumb>

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

ALL HANDS ON THE DECK!

The Concordat is drafting a declaration of war against me, and will be sending it sometime soon. Your friendship is greatly appreciated, and I look forward to starting this with you wonderful folks.

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

Now that we have an IC declaration, is there any points in the declaration that you folks would care to bring up for us to address?

World Building Projects:
    Magic

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

Now that we have an IC declaration, is there any points in the declaration that you folks would care to bring up for us to address?
    So far we have an attack on three fronts -

Ayava is being attacked.

Clanships is being attacked.

Maos is being attacked.

I've put up my action for a Blockade, Hurosha should do the same.

World Building Projects:
    Magic

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

How is Ayava under attack? It's an under region that only connects to Raaneka proper. They'd have to invade Raaneka to get to it.

The main issue I will raise when I get a chance to write up my reasons for joining the war is that Guilder, as a vassal state of the Empire of Dawn did not have the authority to enter into any agreement with the Concordat. While that does not free them from responsibility for their actions, it does mean that the Concordat must seek any repayment through the head of the Empire.

Basically saying that their declaration of war is illegal by your definitions. There's no international law, so whoever wins the war gets to be right
    Quote Originally Posted by lt_murgen View Post
    Exploratory expeditions expeditiously expediting exploration would be epicurially equipped.
    Avatar Designed by EmersonTung, Recreated by Gengy

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by zabbarot View Post
    How is Ayava under attack? It's an under region that only connects to Raaneka proper. They'd have to invade Raaneka to get to it.

The main issue I will raise when I get a chance to write up my reasons for joining the war is that Guilder, as a vassal state of the Empire of Dawn did not have the authority to enter into any agreement with the Concordat. While that does not free them from responsibility for their actions, it does mean that the Concordat must seek any repayment through the head of the Empire.

Basically saying that their declaration of war is illegal by your definitions. There's no international law, so whoever wins the war gets to be right
    From Eyrecradia. They share an underground border with Ayava.

Which means that Faedas is taking advantage of the situation. I expect its trying to force my hand. She's been hinting that if I bribed her with Domhan, she'd go neutral and not get involved in the war. By attacking Ayava, she's trying to make that a more tantalizing thing. Of course, all that's going to do is close my hand around it. It'd be one thing if she was aiding in the Concordat war. This is just a unjustified attack to harry our forces or to get a reaction out of me. All it will get is less tollerance in allowing them to be my neighbors.

And you raise some good points. They already got recompense by gaining EoD centric technologies, and distributed it.

World Building Projects:
    Magic

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

Snowfire: I'm going to send my army to Avaya to help you out. By my count I've got sixteen thousand men with the following techs: Advanced Horse Riding, Blackpowder, Plate Armour, Mithril, and if it stacks, Adamantium as well as a Military 8 leader.
    I think I technically have the higher bonus stack, but I'd rather a decisive victory than a technical one.

Dragons!