New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Default Swift Wing Adaptation

Not regarding the adaptation in the book, but my own that I'd like opinions on. See, I like arcanists, sorcerers in particular, and flying, and the idea of making my wings appear and disappear on command. I also am in the habit of tweaking anything I see to my tastes.

So, the question is: what would I have to change to make the Swift Wing an arcane class? So far I've got:

Change requirement from divine spells to arcane spells.
    Remove Turn Undead requirement.

Weapon Proficiency: take it or leave it, I don't really care. Probably drop it, as I don't care much about the divine.
    Breath of Life: I'd change it to gaining Draconic Breath as a bonus feat, but I could see making it usable on it's own cha bonus times per day.

Drop HD to d6's, drop BAB to 1/2.

So, aside from the fact that I mutilated the fluff, mechanics-wise would it be balanced?
    Last edited by Fizban; 2007-03-30 at 01:48 AM.
    Fizban's Tweaks and Brew: Google Drive (PDF), Thread
    A collection of over 200 pages of individually small bans, tweaks, brews, and rule changes, usable piecemeal or nearly altogether, and even some convenient lists. Everything I've done that I'd call done enough to use in one place (plus a number of things I'm working on that aren't quite done, of course).
    Quote Originally Posted by Violet Octopus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fizban View Post
    sheer awesomeness

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Swift Wing Adaptation

Generally dragon breath weapons are constitution based, I don't have access to the feat described, but if it's a class feature most of them have been con-based.
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2007-03-30 at 01:54 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Default Re: Swift Wing Adaptation

Draconic Breath is one of the Draconic Heratige feats. It allows one to sacrifice a spell slot to produce a breath weapon dealing 2d6 per level of the slot sacrificed, of a set damage type, with a DC based on the level of the slot. It's weaker than most blasting spells, but has the advantage of being a supernatural ability instead of a spell.
    Fizban's Tweaks and Brew: Google Drive (PDF), Thread
    A collection of over 200 pages of individually small bans, tweaks, brews, and rule changes, usable piecemeal or nearly altogether, and even some convenient lists. Everything I've done that I'd call done enough to use in one place (plus a number of things I'm working on that aren't quite done, of course).
    Quote Originally Posted by Violet Octopus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fizban View Post
    sheer awesomeness