Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: /PF GitP Regulars as Vestiges!

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    I think that's the base skeleton right there, yeah. I'd probably add in the ability to use Knowledge skills, or at least Knowledge: The Planes, while Raging. Maybe some kind of AoE, language-based effect relating to a Knowledge: The Planes skill check and I think we've got the base skeleton down. Either a set effect and the skill check is the save or have a few effects determined by the result of the Knowledge: The Planes check?

I suppose there's also Dark Knowledge or Knowledge Devotion angles as well. hmm...
    Like this perhaps?
    Instinctive Knowledge: While raging, you may make a knowledge check of the type appropriate to each creature present, a successful check grants you a bonus to attack and damage, as Knowledge Devotion. You may make this check only once per creature type per rage. This is an exception to the rule that you cannot normally use Int based skills while raging.
    Last edited by Seclora; 2015-01-01 at 03:59 PM.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Colossus in the Playground

Giving permission if anyone likes my stuff enough to stat me up.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

On Afro:
    Maybe he should only bind to people with ranks in Knowledge (the planes)?
    Or something bad happens to the binder if they fail a check with said skill?

Other people who we should get permission to make vestiges of:
    Every mod!
    CyberThread

Oh, and I grant permission to make one of me, though I not much of a regular nowadays...
    Jon Snow and Ghost avatar (not currently in use) by Gurgleflep 15370262 328.
    How to play a monster.

I am currently Very Busy, and having limited D&D activity, so I am currently inactive.
    I got a long signature!
    DFTBA! Smilies!

4. - Top - End - #184

Nono, Afro mostly helps people with very few ranks. However.

"Go look it up on Wiki, that's too basic": A stunning ranged attack that deals charisma damage.

"No more on this subject": When an opponent uses a language-based attack on you, all other language based attacks from that opponent have a 25% failure chance for the rest of the encounter.

Plus, probably an ability to teach. Shareable knowledge devotion with the party?
    "Après la vie - le mort, après le mort, la vie de noveau.
    Après le monde - le gris; après le gris - le monde de nouveau.
    "

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

I have Vestiges drawn up for Emperor Tippy and The_Giant, but not going to post them until and unless they come here and grant permission.

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire
    Optimization stops being practical and starts being theoretical when your DPR is measured in Tarrasques instead of hit points
    My Guides:
    PsyBomb's Guides to the Akashic Mysteries (Now with all three classes!)
    Fear Itself: the Dread

Extended Signature HERE

6. - Top - End - #186

Quote Originally Posted by Zweisteine View Post
    Other people who we should get permission to make vestiges of:
    Every mod!
    CyberThread
    I got really excited just now, only to be crushingly disappointed after a more thorough read.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

I think I have one for Afro; anyone mind if I take a shot at it?
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

Got one for UrPriest - what do you think?

Spoiler: UrPriest, the Monster Within
    Show
    UrPriest, the Monster Within
    Vestige Level: 8th
    Binding DC: 32
    Legend: Eons ago, an immensely powerful mage made a startling discovery: the sentient races, far from being distinct from the monstrous beasts they hunted, were in fact monsters just like their prey. Reeling from this revelation, the mage forsook all of the gods (in whose names the mortals had placed themselves over the “monsters”) and led a revolt against the Powers. In response to this blasphemy, he was stripped of his name, to be known forever afterwards only as “UrPriest.”
    Special Requirement: UrPriest will not answer your call if you have used any deity-based Divine magic in the last 24 hours.
    Manifestation: UrPriest fades into existence in the exact same visual display as a “Summon Monster” spell. His first appearance is in much the same form as he did while walking the earth: that of a bald, goateed human wearing a stylish red cloak. He carries a red book emblazoned with two stylized M’s and the alchemical symbol of the all-seeing eye. A shining blue mark of anathema is present on his forehead. The form lasts only a short time, as he changes appearance to various creatures; each of these still have the blue mark of anathema on their forehead (or somewhere else on the body, if the form does not have a head).
    Sign: Your chin suddenly sprouts a goatee (regardless of your gender) and your hair falls out. If you are already bearded, the beard disappears, leaving only the goatee. A very faint smell of brimstone follows you.
    Influence: UrPriest’s influence makes a character fascinated by any unusual monstrous race they encounter, and hostile to Divine magic users. UrPriest will not allow you to initiate an attack against a creature whose Type is different than yours (though you may defend yourself normally), nor can you perform a coup de grace on such a creature. While under UrPriest’s influence, you may not voluntarily accept any Divine magic; Divine Magical healing or other beneficial spells cast on you must overcome your Will save (as though you were Undead) and Spell resistance, if applicable.
    Granted Abilities: UrPriest gives you an innate understanding of monsters, and an ability to resist divine magic.
    UrPriest’s Knowledge: Whenever you use a Knowledge skill to identify a monster or determine its strengths and weaknesses, the check is treated as trained (even if you don’t have any ranks in the skill). You gain a bonus equal to your Binder level on the Knowledge check. Additionally, you are considered “familiar” with all creatures for the purposes of Summoning spells, the Polymorph school, and other similar spells and effects.
    Crisis of Faith: You can shake the faith of a Divine Magic user by uttering a dark secret about that character’s deity. As a standard action, select a target and make an opposed Charisma roll. If you succeed, the character’s connection to his deity is severed for 1d4 rounds. The character cannot cast any spells granted by a deity until the effect expires. (Existing effects are not dispelled). If the target fails the save, you can cause another Crisis of Faith, gaining a cumulative +2 bonus on the opposed roll for each of the target’s failed saves. If the target makes a save, the connection is immediately restored, and the target is immune to the ability for 1 week.
    Divine Shield: You gain Spell Resistance to all Divine Magic, equal to your Binder level plus twice your Charisma modifier (if positive).
    Last edited by Telonius; 2015-01-02 at 01:05 PM.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

Despite my forum ranking I don't think I am that well known, most posts going to the pbp forum, but if anyone wants to write one go for it. Probably get a totem bonus for binding Ssalarn, gnorman, or Rizban given the feedback I've had in their playtest/home brew threads.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ettin in the Playground

I feel as if lurkers in general should get a vestige somehow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oko and Qailee View Post
    Man, I like this tiefling.
    For all of your completely and utterly honest needs. Zaydos made, Tiefling approved.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    Despite my forum ranking I don't think I am that well known, most posts going to the pbp forum, but if anyone wants to write one go for it. Probably get a totem bonus for binding Ssalarn, gnorman, or Rizban given the feedback I've had in their playtest/home brew threads.
    I'll give it a bit in case someone else wants to write you up since I've already done Lord_Gareth, ErrantX, and Psybomb, but if no one else gets you, I've got a few ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    I feel as if lurkers in general should get a vestige somehow.

Ooh, I like the idea of a Lurker vestige, something to represent everyone who's part of the community but who maybe isn't known well enough for someone to put together an entire unique vestige. Something that helps you bounce back from negative conditions and grants random insight bonuses maybe?

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ssalarn View Post
    I'll give it a bit in case someone else wants to write you up since I've already done Lord_Gareth, ErrantX, and Psybomb, but if no one else gets you, I've got a few ideas
    Mostly involving overpowered abilities and iffy wording/formatting?

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    Mostly involving overpowered abilities and iffy wording/formatting?
    I figured if anyone was going to get a vestige with vaguely worded mechanics that are potentially really powerful depending on how you read them, it would be Snowbluff

14. - Top - End - #194

The lurker should be able to get into an untouchable scouting shape of some kind, I feel.
    "Après la vie - le mort, après le mort, la vie de noveau.
    Après le monde - le gris; après le gris - le monde de nouveau.
    "

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

Ohh Ohh Pick me!

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

I figured if anyone was going to get a vestige with vaguely worded mechanics that are potentially really powerful depending on how you read them, it would be Snowbluff
    True.

Haven't seen Bhaakon around much, he would probably have the best insight on th pbp angle, having dm'ed for each other in countless dead games.

17. - Top - End - #197

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    I think I have one for Afro; anyone mind if I take a shot at it?
    I'd say go for it, there's already been 5-or-so abiliities proposed, but the rest of the Afro vestige hasn't seemed to start taking shape yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

Well, nobody has objected, so here goes Afroakuma. I did it in 3.5 style, so Afro, if you prefer PF, let me know, and I'll try to convert it across.

Spoiler: Afroakuma, the Chart of the Planes
    Show
    Afroakuma, the Chart of the Planes

There are some heretical binders who contend that the vestige known as Afroakuma was once bald, even-tempered, and quite sane. While the validity of such statements may be debated, it is well-known among binders that none of these are remotely true anymore. The wrathful vestige, wise though he may be, fills those who enter into a pact with him with an all-consuming, blind fury. Yet even in that fury, there is a curious and profound insight. Many who pact with Afroakuma are compelled to seek this insight further, through repeated pacts. It is believed that this obsession, which has resulted in many rabidly-enraged binders, has contributed to the general hostility towards practitioners of pact magic.

Vestige Level: 3rd
    Binding DC: 20

Special Requirement: Afroakuma will not manifest himself before any who have entered into a pact with Otiax, the Key to the Gate, or Zceryll, the Star Spawn, within the past 24 hours, or are currently bound to either vestige. He feels a particular enmity towards these vestiges, which he asserts results from "crappy fluff" and "a stupid interpretation of the Far Realm."

Manifestation: When Afroakuma manifests, a low crimson flame sparks about the seal. The flame soon rises, crackling and roaring, to the size of a bonfire. The crackling soon resolves itself into the sound of a voice, alternating between angry ranting and poetic descriptions of the Planes; while the specific words cannot be distinguished, their general gist can somehow be understood. The fire itself soon becomes solid, reforming into a massive crimson hairdo, which rises, revealing a towering humanoid figure facing away from the binder. The figure looks over his shoulder, revealing one of a pair of black, empty, soulless eyes which seem to stare right through the binder. He seems impatient, as if awaiting questions.

Sign: When bound to Afroakuma, your hair, if any, appears massive. That's not to say that it actually increases in size, but rather that others readily perceive it to be so.

Influence: Afroakuma loves questions, but hates stupid questions. While under Afroakuma's influence, you feel a compulsion to respond to any questions which touch on your knowledge. If you believe them beneath you, you feel a compulsion to berate the questioner for his inability to look up such "simple" matters himself. Despite this compulsion to answer, your replies are generally terse and concise.

Granted Abilities:

Planar Adaptation: While Afroakuma is bound to you, you enjoy the benefits of the Endure Elements spell, are protected from all alignment effects of any plane, and are protected from the positive-dominant and negative-dominant traits of any plane, as if you were using a Greater Crystal of Adaptation (see Magic Item Compendium).

I Know This Place: While Afroakuma is bound to you, you always know true North. Any teleportation effect used to transport you between planes does so without error, if it is capable of succeeding. (Ordinary teleportation within a plane, despite its use of planar mechanics, does not enjoy this benefit.) Further, you enjoy a +5 bonus to all Knowledge (the Planes) checks, and may take 10 on such checks, even in situations in which you otherwise could not. You may also perform these checks untrained. When not on your home plane, you gain +5 to Survival checks to locate food, if any exists, or to keep from getting lost or avoid natural hazards.

Furious Sage: As a swift action, you may enter a rage, similar to a Barbarian rage. You gain a temporary +4 bonus to Strength and a +2 morale bonus on Will saves, but take a -2 penalty to Armor Class. While raging, a you cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except for Balance, Escape Artist, Intimidate, and Ride), the Concentration skill, or any abilities that require patience or concentration, nor can he cast spells or activate magic items that require a command word, a spell trigger (such as a wand), or spell completion (such as a scroll) to function. As an exception to this rule, however, you may use Knowledge skills. You can use any feat you have except Combat Expertise, item creation feats, and metamagic feats. This rage lasts for a single round. Unlike with Barbarian rage, you do not become fatigued after using this ability. After this ability is used, it may not be used again for 5 rounds. At binder level 11, the Strength bonus increases to +6, and the Will save bonus increases to +3. At binder level 20, the Strength bonus increases to +8, and the Will save bonus increases to +4.

Imposing Master: While Afroakuma is bound to you, you gain a +2 bonus to Diplomacy, Bluff, and Sense Motive checks, and a +4 bonus to Intimidate checks. These bonuses are doubled against Outsiders. You cannot use this ability if you do not show Afroakuma's sign.

Spoiler: Explanation
    Show
    I tried to convey Afro's extensive knowledge and work on the Planes, but it's admittedly hard to communicate what amounts to a metric crap-tonne of accumulated wisdom and writing. So I gave him a +5 bonus on Knowledge (Planes) checks, and the ability to perform them untrained and to take 10 on them, because Afro's words are basically a crash course on everything planar. I included the effects of a Greater Planar Adaptation crystal, the bonus to Survival checks, and the ability to plane shift without error and know true North, to reflect Afro's absolute knowledge of the planes - basically, his binder will be able to navigate them safely.

I included the thing about Otiax and Zceryll, because Afro's Far Realm is best Far Realm, and all other Far Realms are just imitating.

The rest is rage. I included a swift-action reusable rage to reflect that aspect of Afro's person that we all know and love (when it's not directed at us). I scaled it, as Barbarian rage scales, because otherwise it's kind of wasted. I added the bonus to social skills, because Afro is known for his forceful personality, and I'm willing to bet there are Outsiders who soil themselves when they hear the name. I tied the social skills to the hair, because how else do you know it's Afro?
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

This is getting to be an awesome list. I'll put together a by-level one soon to see if a Playgrounder Occultist would be viable.

EDIT: The List So Far:

1st:
    -Eggynack, the Educator (possible)
    -Abd al-Azrad
    -Elricaltovilla, Author of Power
    -The Errant Warlord

2nd:
    -Tarlek Flamehai- Celebrant of the Form
    -Keledrath, Knower of Rudisplork

3rd:
    -Jormengand, the Scalene Mind
    -Red Fel, the Friendly Fiend
    -Ssalarn, Akashic Spark
    -Afroakuma, the Chart of the Planes
    -Coffee, Maker of Webcomics

4th:
    -Ssalarn, the Writer of Reality
    -Snowbluff, Perfection of the Flaw
    -Keledrath Unleashed: The Great Rudisplorkian
    -The Sigless Quartet

5th:
    -Atemu1234, The Studious Mage
    -Psybomb, the Empowerer
    -Gareth, Prince of Broken Shadows
    -Coffee, Included

6th:
    -Keledrath Transcendent, Lord of Rudisplork
    -Amphetryon, The Gourmet Lord

7th:
    -Grod The Giant, Feller of the Tree
    -Coffee, Art Incarnate

8th:
    -UrPriest, the Monster Within
    -The Tesseract of Whitespace

9th: None yet made, theorized Emperor Tippy and The_Giant to be here.

EPIC:
    -Ur, Scion of Truth

EDIT: Updated as of 4 January 2015
    Last edited by PsyBomb; 2015-01-05 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire
    Optimization stops being practical and starts being theoretical when your DPR is measured in Tarrasques instead of hit points
    My Guides:
    PsyBomb's Guides to the Akashic Mysteries (Now with all three classes!)
    Fear Itself: the Dread

Extended Signature HERE

20. - Top - End - #200
    Banned

Spoiler: Keledrath *3
    Show
    Keledrath, Knower of Rudisplork
    Vestige level: 2nd
    Binding DC: 16
    Special: You must be wearing at least light armour to bind Keledrath. If you take it off, you lose all effects of binding him.
    Legend: Keledrath is, in this stage of his development, some poor person who stumbled across the power of Orcus while trying to draw his sword. He now knows Rudisplork.
    Manifestation: Your skin glow a strange shade of cyan. Wings, if you have them, glow purple.
    Sign: Your skin and, if you have them, wings retain their new colours but without glowing.
    Influence: You act as though constantly busy. You must decline any offer to play games on any day of rest (such as a Sabbath day).

Granted Abilities:

Know Rudisplork: You know how to Rudisplork with great efficiency. Whenever you use any ability whose power is increased by another ability you, or someone else, has, you gain +5 on your next knowledge check. For example, if you utter Temporal Twist on a rogue, who uses his extra attack to make a sneak attack, you gain a +5 bonus on the next knowledge check you make. This effect stacks up to +15.

You gain no benefit for rudisplorking if the two abilities are designed to be used together. For example, metamagic is designed to be applied to spells, so you usually don't get a bonus for casting a metamagic spell. However, Fell Drain Spell isn't designed to be added to Locate City, so if you use Fell Drain spell on Locate City and successfully inflict a negative level, you count as having rudisplorked.

Song of the Dwarves: If you're not a dwarf, you can move at your normal speed in heavy armour the same way as a dwarf. If you are a dwarf, your base speed can be increased by ten feet. To do this requires you to sing loudly about a dwarf, but there is no requirement that you to sing well, so no perform roll is needed.

Forge of Battle: You gain some of the benefits of being a construct. If a construct would be immune to an effect, you gain +4 on any saving throw you must make against it.

Keledrath Unleashed: The Great Rudisplorkian
    Vestige Level: 4th
    Binding DC: 22
    Special: You must be wearing at least medium armour to bind Keledrath Unleashed. If you take it off, you lose all effects of binding him.
    Legend: Keledrath learned of the power of rudisplork through using it extensively. He now uses it even more extensively, having realised its power.
    Manifestation: As Keledrath, but you actually gain wings if you didn't have them.
    Influence: As Keledrath.
    Sign: As Keledrath, but you actually gain wings if you didn't have them. These wings only allow you to fly at the speed of 40 feet, with poor maneuverability.

Granted Abilities

Great Rudisplork: When you rudisplork (see Know Rudisplork) you increase the effects of your rudisplorkery by one half - sneak attacks do more damage, metamagic's effects are doubled, durations are increased by one half, and so forth.

Jade Appreciator: Any armour you wear turns to Jade for as long as you are binding Keledrath Unleashed. Due to the many types of near-but-not-quite-identical Jade, the armour retains its special qualities. Because you love Jade so much, it's more comfortable to move around in. Your armour offers no armour check penalty, and you can move at full speed in it. If you're a dwarf, you love Jade even more, and it inspires you to move as fast as a human.

Forge of War: You are treated as a construct while binding Keledrath Unleashed.

Keledrath Transcendent, Lord of Rudisplork
    Vestige Level: 6th
    Binding DC: 28
    Special: You must be wearing heavy armour to bind Keledrath Unleashed. If you take it off, you lose all effects of binding him.
    Legend: All fall before the rudisplorkery of Keledrath Transcendent.
    Manifestation: As Keledrath Unleashed
    Sign: As Keledrath Unleashed, but the wings allow you to fly at the speed of 60 feet, with average maneuverability.
    Influence: As Keledrath.

Granted Abilities

Rudisplork of the Ages: When you rudisplork (See Know Rudisplork) the effects are doubled!

Engine of Nalin: You become one with your armour. The armour becomes Jade (See Jade Appreciator), and you become a construct which incorporates your armour. Due to the immense awesomeness of your armour, you count as being one size category larger when it would benefit you, though you don't actually take up any more space. You gain four Awesome Points, which each give you a +1 bonus (which stacks with other bonuses from awesome points) to strength. You can expend an Awesome Point to get a +8 bonus on any strength-based check, attack roll, damage roll, or combat maneuver (trip, bull rush, grapple, etc.)

Potential Horse: You form a contract with the Old Spice Man. You gain a potential horse, which acts like any other horse except that because it's a potential horse, it can't actually be killed, and shrugs off negative effects like an Iron Heart Surge on steroids. The potential horse is combat trained, and its attacks all count as being made with heavy flails (the horse is treated as proficient in heavy flails).

It holds particular disdain for Kinetic Horses.
    Last edited by Jormengand; 2015-01-02 at 07:45 PM.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

That was so beautiful.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Kelon by nijashe

Extended Sig

22. - Top - End - #202
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Keledrath View Post
    That was so beautiful.
    I feel like most people of any consequence need at least three vestiges to do them justice.

That said, some people I don't know enough about to give them more than half each:

Spoiler: Sayt, Renen, DeltaEmil, Ashtagon
    Show
    The Sigless Quartet
    Vestige Level: 4th
    Binding DC: 16
    Legend: Nobody actually quite sure who any of these people are. Their achievements are obscured by their lack of a signature.
    Manifestation: A lady in black armour, a brown metallic construct, and a dwarven cleric appear, and then shrink down to microcosm.
    Sign: The three orbit about your head, allowing space for a seemingly-invisible fourth. Even the most powerful magic will not, however, reveal the appearance of the fourth, only that (and where) it is present.
    Influence: You may not tell anyone anything about yourself.

Granted Abilities:

Irregularity of Sayt: You're not sure, but you don't think you qualify as regular. You get a +2 bonus on saving throws, and if any spell grants a bonus on the save under certain circumstances (such as Unnatural Lust) you always get this bonus.

Impatience of Renen: You just can't wait to have stats! You get a +4 bonus on initiative rolls.

Armour of Delta: Your body takes on a fraction of the resilience of Emil's own armour. You gain a +6 armour bonus to AC.

Turn to Ash: By wielding a tiny part of Ashtagon's power, you turn part of a target's body to ash. This only affects their outer skin, but it causes a -2 penalty on all physical activity for 1d6 rounds. This ability has a range of 100 feet.

The Tesseract of Whitespace
    Legend: We're still not sure who these people are, but they're powerful!
    Manifestation: As the Sigless Quartet.
    Sign: As the Sigless Quartet, but the black-clad lady moves left and right behind you, the armour moves up and down to your left, and the dwarf moves back and forth above you.
    Influence: As the Sigless Quartet.

Sayt's Otherworldliness: You are no longer even a thing of this world. You get a +8 bonus on all saves, as well as claiming any bonus the spell could grant you.

Renen's Restlessness: You're so excited about this vestige! You get a +8 bonus on initiative checks.

Fort Delta: Your skin becomes as powerful armour. You get a +12 armour bonus to armour class, and you are treated as having Heavy Fortification.

Storm of Ash: You can use the Turn to Ash ability (See the Sigless Quartet) on every creature within a 30 foot radius.
    Last edited by Jormengand; 2015-01-02 at 08:32 PM.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    Got one for UrPriest - what do you think?

Spoiler: UrPriest, the Monster Within
    Show
    UrPriest, the Monster Within
    Legend: Eons ago, an immensely powerful mage made a startling discovery: the sentient races, far from being distinct from the monstrous beasts they hunted, were in fact monsters just like their prey. Reeling from this revelation, the mage forsook all of the gods (in whose names the mortals had placed themselves over the “monsters”) and led a revolt against the Powers. In response to this blasphemy, he was stripped of his name, to be known forever afterwards only as “UrPriest.”
    Special Requirement: UrPriest will not answer your call if you have used any deity-based Divine magic in the last 24 hours.
    Manifestation: UrPriest fades into existence in the exact same visual display as a “Summon Monster” spell. His first appearance is in much the same form as he did while walking the earth: that of a bald, goateed human wearing a stylish red cloak. He carries a red book emblazoned with two stylized M’s and the alchemical symbol of the all-seeing eye. A shining blue mark of anathema is present on his forehead. The form lasts only a short time, as he changes appearance to various creatures; each of these still have the blue mark of anathema on their forehead (or somewhere else on the body, if the form does not have a head).
    Sign: Your chin suddenly sprouts a goatee (regardless of your gender) and your hair falls out. If you are already bearded, the beard disappears, leaving only the goatee. A very faint smell of brimstone follows you.
    Influence: UrPriest’s influence makes a character fascinated by any unusual monstrous race they encounter, and hostile to Divine magic users. UrPriest will not allow you to initiate an attack against a creature whose Type is different than yours (though you may defend yourself normally), nor can you perform a coup de grace on such a creature. While under UrPriest’s influence, you may not voluntarily accept any Divine magic; Divine Magical healing or other beneficial spells cast on you must overcome your Will save (as though you were Undead) and Spell resistance, if applicable.
    Granted Abilities: UrPriest gives you an innate understanding of monsters, and an ability to resist divine magic.
    UrPriest’s Knowledge: Whenever you use a Knowledge skill to identify a monster or determine its strengths and weaknesses, the check is treated as trained (even if you don’t have any ranks in the skill). You gain a bonus equal to your Binder level on the Knowledge check. Additionally, you are considered “familiar” with all creatures for the purposes of Summoning spells, the Polymorph school, and other similar spells and effects.
    Crisis of Faith: You can shake the faith of a Divine Magic user by uttering a dark secret about that character’s deity. As a standard action, select a target and make an opposed Charisma roll. If you succeed, the character’s connection to his deity is severed for 1d4 rounds. The character cannot cast any spells granted by a deity until the effect expires. (Existing effects are not dispelled). If the target fails the save, you can cause another Crisis of Faith, gaining a cumulative +2 bonus on the opposed roll for each of the target’s failed saves. If the target makes a save, the connection is immediately restored, and the target is immune to the ability for 1 week.
    Divine Shield: You gain Spell Resistance to all Divine Magic, equal to your Binder level plus twice your Charisma modifier (if positive).
    This meets the Blasphemy seal of approval.

Although, I do have to critique the mechanics a little, being, well, me. Crisis of Faith seems to be based on both an opposed Cha check and saves, but doesn't say when those saves are made or why, or whether it takes an action to cause another Crisis of Faith. Also seems like a pretty dramatic Sign/Influence, but that may be par for 8th level Vestiges.
    Lord Raziere herd I like Blasphemy, so Urpriest Exalted as a Malefactor

Meet My Monstrous Guide to Monsters. Everything you absolutely need to know about Monsters and never thought you needed to ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    One of the unwritten rules of Giantitp is that Urpriest is always right.
    Trophy!
    Spoiler
    Show

original Urpriest (by Andraste)

24. - Top - End - #204
    Banned

Spoiler: CoffeeIncluded
    Show
    Coffee, Maker of Webcomics
    Vestige Level: 3rd
    Binding DC: 18
    Legend: Coffee gained her powers by making her webcomic, Murphy's Law, allowing the characters the ability to manifest through her skill at drawing and force of will.
    Manifestation: The three original main characters of Murphy's Law - Lloyd Zephyr, the Paladin, Janine the Cleric, and Radic the Druid - step forth, and then shrink down to be able to fly about your head.
    Sign: They fly around your head.
    Influence: You must drink coffee whenever it is available to you.

Granted Abilities

You can combine the effects of these abilities. When you expend the third sigil and the effect runs out, Coffee leaves you.

Tiger Form: You may take the form of a Tiger by expending Radic's sigil. The transformation works just like a druid's wild shape, but lasts 2d6 rounds. You must re-bind Coffee to take advantage of Radic's Sigil again.

Astrid's Might: By expending Lloyd's sigil, you may gain a +4 bonus to Strength, Constitution, Wisdom and Charisma for 2d6 rounds.

Love Potion: By expending Janine's sigil, you can emulate the effects of the spell Unnatural Lust on everyone who can see you, towards you. The love potion only affects a creature once per use, but each use affects any creature to look upon any part of you within 2d6 rounds of expending the sigil.

Coffee, Included.
    Vestige Level: 5th
    Binding DC: 24
    Legend: Coffee has included some more characters, and has decided to show them off.
    Manifestation, Sign: As Coffee, Maker of Webcomics only the characters are Matthew Silver the Rogue, Tinder the Green Dragon Sorcerer, and Serrin, the Half-elf Wizard.
    Influence: As Coffee, Maker of Webcomics.

Granted Abilities

You can combine the effects of these abilities. When you expend the third sigil and the effect runs out, Coffee leaves you.

Sneak Attack!: By expending Matt's sigil, you grant yourself the Sneak Attack class feature as a rogue of your level for 2d6 rounds.

FYIAD: By expending Tinder's sigil, you may take the form of a young adult green dragon for 2d6 rounds.

Blowing-up machine: By expending Serrin's sigil, you acquire a jetpack allowing you to fly at 120 feet with clumsy maneuverability for 2d6 rounds. At the end of the duration, the jetpack explodes, much as a CL 10 fireball, centred on the jetpack.

You can detach the jetpack as a standard action, in which case you fall immediately if in midair. The jetpack keeps going at the same speed as it was before (minimum 30 feet/round) but also starts arcing downwards, falling 50 feet/round. On impact, the jetpack explodes even if the time isn't up.

Coffee, Art Incarnate
    Vestige Level: 7th
    Binding DC: 28
    Legend: All tremble before the might of Coffee.
    Manifestation, Sign: As Coffee, Maker of Webcomics only all six characters are present. Finally, an image of Coffee herself appears above your head.
    Influence: As Coffee, Maker of Webcomics.

Granted Abilities

Murphy's Law: Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong. You have six things which can go wrong. Therefore, you gain all six characters' abilities.

Killer of Heroes: You have the ability to come up with some evil things if you put your mind to it. When you hit with a weapon attack, by expending the sigil of Coffee you may apply Bane of Heroes to the weapon. If you do, the creature thereby struck takes a fortitude save. Failure causes the target's strength, constitution and dexterity to be reduced to 1, and even success deals 2d6 damage to each (to a minimum of 1).
    Last edited by Jormengand; 2015-01-04 at 06:29 PM.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground

I don't think anyone else is interested, so go for it.

Thinking about my own vestige gave me an idea for a veil, ice bear's pelt.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

Oh gosh, I've missed quite a bit.

May someone be a dear and arrange the links so that I may add them to the OP, please? I've been a bit busy with work and life. <3
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Urpriest View Post
    This meets the Blasphemy seal of approval.

Although, I do have to critique the mechanics a little, being, well, me. Crisis of Faith seems to be based on both an opposed Cha check and saves, but doesn't say when those saves are made or why, or whether it takes an action to cause another Crisis of Faith. Also seems like a pretty dramatic Sign/Influence, but that may be par for 8th level Vestiges.
    The meaning of "deity-based divine magic" could also possibly use some clarification. Its intent is pretty clear, but as written it's a little wonky. After all, Ur-Priest casting is itself deity-based in a certain sense, and a lot of non-Cleric divine casters are in a sort of grey area in that regard depending on setting and character backstory.

While I'm at it, I'll have a go at another vestige.

Spoiler
    Show
    Amphetryon, The Gourmet Lord

Vestige Level: 6th
    Binding DC: 23

Legend: Amphetryon was in his day a great dwarven king. His skill in battle was legendary, and his appetite even more so. After many victories in war, he reigned his mountain kingdom for many long years of peace and prosperity. But over the course of his reign, the king's tastes became more and more eccentric, and he began to demand increasingly exotic ingredients in what his royal chef's served him, until, ultimately, Amphetryon descended into madness. This sickness of the mind culminated when a wandering ascetic begging food died upon reaching his castle gates. Servants went outside to remove and bury the body, but Amphetryon bade that it should be brought to the kitchens and cooked into a meal. His chefs balked at the idea, and begged the king to reconsider, even if for no other reason than that the ascetic's flesh was stringy and unappetizing. Amphetryon cursed the chefs and attempted to drive them to do his bidding at sword point. Perhaps the years of peace and feasting had dulled the king's reactions, or perhaps it was mere luck, but Amphetryon was slain by a kitchen cleaver in the ensuing chaos before he could taste the new dish. So consuming was the king's appetite for unusual experiences that he escaped both the fury of the upper planes at his transgression, and the pull of the lower planes, becoming a vestige.

Manifestation: A table with a platter upon it appears upon the seal. A dwarf in regal attire walks up to the table and begins to eat while he speaks to you.

Sign: You grow a beard. When you eat, food inevitably gets stuck in it.

Influence: You must try any exotic dish offered to you which you cannot clearly determine to be poisonous.

Granted Abilities: Amphetryon grants you the power to curse enemies and the benefits of his ravenous appetite.

Amphetryon's Curse: As a free action, you may use the Hexblade's Curse ability, using your effective binder level in place of a hexblade level. Once you have used this ability, you cannot do so again for 5 rounds.

Amphetryon's Hunger: You gain a bite attack which deals 1d8 damage (if you are medium).

Improved Grab: When you hit an opponent with your bite attack you may start a grapple as a free action without provoking attacks of opportunity.

Swallow Whole: If you start your turn with a creature of up to one size category larger than you held in your mouth, you can swallow the creature whole with a successful grapple check (see the swallow whole special attack). There is no limit to the number of creatures that you can hold in your stomach using swallow whole.

Savor the Flavor: When you successfully swallow a creature whole, you may gain the use of one of its extraordinary abilities for one minute. You can only gain one ability in this way at a time.

Explanation: I tried something based around your time as chairman of Iron Chef and the infamous choosing of Initiate of Pistis Sophia as a SI as a rough basis for a legend. I also added some Dwarf Hexblade flavor on account of your avatar.

Iron Chef Medals
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sir Driscoll Conia - Silver - IC L

Nick Snarespan - Gold - IC LIII

Lucy "Legs" Silvertail - Bronze - IC LXVIII

Bolfarg of Knoss - Gold - IC LXXVII

Ivarr Deathborn - Bronze - IC LXXVII

Ahmtel - Silver - IC LXXVIII

Tocke of Nessus - Gold - IC LXXIX

The Blessed Third - Silver - IC LXXXI

Galahad Galapagos - Gold - IC LXXXIV

Sai-don, Knight of the Tide - Bronze - IC LXXXIV

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

Someone should do a vestige for 3.5 edition, seeing as it is bound constantly here. Even better, use the PF format for it.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Troll in the Playground

Made after one of my favorite GiantITP forum goers. As others have said, one of the unwritten rules in the playground is that he is never wrong.

No idea for how balanced this is. Blame it on Epic Levels and my current caffeine rush.

Edit: Didn't realize this was for PF Vestiges, as I had no idea PF had Vestiges.

Spoiler: Ur, Scion of Stolen Truth
    Show

Bind Ur, Scion of Stolen Truth [Epic Vestige]
    Prerequisites: Ability to bind 8th-level vestiges; Knowledge (arcane), Knowledge (divine), Knowledge (history) or Knowledge (nobility and royalty) 24 ranks.
    Benefit: You can bind Ur, Scion of Stolen Truth.
    Legend: Ur-Priests in modern times are known to be thieves of the Divine. Rather than gaining power through a belief in a higher power, rather than upholding an ideal and gaining power from the belief in it, they believe in only one thing: themselves. With a spite towards the Gods, or maybe something far grander than hate can define, they have learned the ways to steal the energy given to Divine servants for themselves. It can turn the sturdiest of warriors into the mightiest of spellwielders. The quietest thief into the most feared unseen Assassin. The most clever or knowledgeable spellcaster into something far, far more devastating. But no matter who it is, the point remains. Anyone can become an Ur-Priest. And anyone can learn to take the power of the Gods.

But the divine irony is that, they are in the image of the first. Of Ur.

Once, there was a man of humble birth, who learned for himself the ways of the Divine, without offering service, lip or truthful, to them. In solace and secret he learned, so as not to tip the world to his workings. Or maybe it was a noble, learning from afar as his people paid homage to a god he could not trust. Or maybe it was a cultist, dissatisfied with the workings of the secret god he once loved. No one can really say for sure who it was. No one can recall the man that would become Ur. But everyone who studies the divine would soon know of his work.

Of a deed so cosmically wrong, it was deemed heresy by all.

Special Requirement: You cannot bind Ur if you are under the effect of any Divine spell you have cast upon yourself, whether from a class or from a magical item, if not gained from Power Of The Gods. You cannot bind Ur if you possess any existing Divine spellcasting. If you have such an ability, you lose it for the duration that Ur is bound, and any divine spells currently affecting you from you immediately end.

Manifestation: When Ur manifests, a gold bladed disc appears in your vision, blocking out the brightest source of light in the room. A man appears, slowly, from nothing, garbed in black and red armored robes. Around his neck is a string of holy and unholy symbols, all of them marked or defaced. The man himself appears middle-aged, and looks like he has not slept for eons, with dark bags appearing under his eyes. He smiles, and begins talking to you of any wrong you have committed for a good deed, or any good deed you have done for selfish reasons. He praises you for your hard work, commends you for your secrecy and guile, before his face melts away, replaced with yours.

Screaming.

Sign: You take on a haggard look: sunken eyes, paler skin, irritability. While Ur is bound, you lose the ability to sleep, but gain the ability to trance as an Elf.

Influence: You cannot stand the power of the Divine, and as such, refuse any divine spells cast upon you, even if beneficial. You work and do what you must to remove any outside Divine spell currently affecting you, and unless you know and trust an individual, must work to undermine the doings of any Divine spellcaster you know. In combat, you must seek to kill or subdue any Divine spellcaster you currently work to undermine.

Granted Abilities: While bound to Ur, you gain dominion over Divine power, truth and lies.

Against The Gods: You gain Spell Resistance equal to 15+Binder Level, and +5 Ur bonus to Saves and AC, against Divine Spells. If a Divine Spell cast upon you fails to overcome your Spell Resistance, you gain a number of hit points equal to the Spell Level times 5. Any Divine Spellcaster within 50 ft. of you must make a Concentration check each round in order maintain or cast any spells, DC 10 + Your Charisma Modifier + Binder Level. Additionally, any action made against a Divine Spellcaster gains +5 bonus to hit and +7 damage and/or a +2 bonus to its DC, when applicable. Spells that allow multiple attacks (Arcane Fusion, Magic Missle, etc. etc.) can only gain the bonus to hit or damage once.

Knowledge Of The Gods: You have a constant +20 Ur bonus to any Knowledge check made. You can make Knowledge checks untrained as if you were trained.

Power Of The Gods: As a standard action, you can cast one of the following spells: Reaving Dispel, Chain Dispel Magic or Greater Dispel Magic. Additionally, any time you dispel a spell or effect, you may cast it once. You cannot use this to craft items, use for counterspelling or place in Contingency. You may consume the spell to heal yourself as described in Against The Gods. If you dispel multiple spells or effects with one Dispel, you may gain up to two spells. The DC for all dispels is equal to 10 + Dispel Level + Charisma Modifier. The DC for all dispels is equal to 10 + Dispel Level + Charisma Modifier, or the original DC of the spell when cast by its original owner, whichever is higher. Once you have used a Dispel from this ability, you cannot do so again for 5 rounds. Once you have cast a spell from this ability, you cannot do so again for 5 rounds. These are tracked separately.

Lie To The Gods: You gain a floating pool of points equal to your twice your Binder level. Whenever you make a Bluff, Hide, Move Silently or Sleight of Hand check, you may add any amount of your points to the check. If using the skill trick Mosquito Bite, you may spend ten points to re-use it again. Additionally, you may cast Nondetection on yourself by permanently sacrificing fifteen points from your available pool. You may gain the benefits of the Darkstalker feat by permanently sacrificing ten points from your available pool. You regain points at a rate of 1 per 20 points of damage made against an enemy, or 1 per 10 points of damage if the enemy is a Divine Spellcaster. You may also regain points for dispels and spells you cast successfully affecting an enemy, gaining a number of points equal to the Dispel or Spell level.
    Last edited by Cardea; 2015-01-05 at 12:20 PM.
    I currently do not check the playground forums. If you would like to reach me, you can find me on twitter as HTTPaladin.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, I think I have all of them tabbed. Now to move them into the OP.
    Aw, shucks.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.