Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 26 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Avatar: The Legend Continues [OoC]

Welcome, one and all, to our new game! If everyone could please, in your opening post, select a speech color for your character, it would be much appreciated.

Given that some people would like to keep their potential Avatar status a secret (the roll is below), you may either post a link to your character sheet in your post or PM a fresh link to me. Those snubbed by the fickle will of the dice, please advance your character to level 6.

To the (un)lucky Avatar, you may have one additional element after your starting one, the first level of which may have been taken at either level 4 or 5 (so for an Earth Kingdom Avatar, this means you could either be 5 EB, 5 EB / 1 FB, or 5 EB / 3 FB; a Fire Nation Avatar can be 5 FB, 5 FB / 1 AB, or 5 FB / 3 AB). If you do not want to know any element beyond your native yet, this is entirely acceptable, and I commend you for a willingness to start at a disadvantage.

Spoiler: THE ROLL
    Show
    (1d9)[5]

The IC thread is here, for your perusal and posting desires.
    Last edited by ZootSuit86; 2014-12-31 at 09:13 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar: The Legend Continues [OoC]

Here is Hushi Zhu and naturally, I will be nabbing Teal as his speech color.

I'm so excited for this game already. My last Korra Era one never got started after creation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elderand View Post
    "Awww, look at that mortal trying to use a scroll, isn't he adorable ? who's a good mortal ? You are, yes you are. Here have a fireball"

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Oh Light Fantastic yay! Huh. I should probably figure out where that expression comes from. Anyway, thank you for the grace period ZootSuit and I'm glad you liked Baochi! I'm going to need to sleep now because I've been awake for 24ish hours with a short nap before work but I'll claim this brown as colored text is a bit difficult to figure out on mobile and such unless anyone wants this particular shade or has swordsaged me. Then I'll probably pick some sort of green.

*edits the url in and hopes it worked on mobile*
    Last edited by Afool; 2014-12-28 at 05:20 AM.
    Thanks to Teutonic Knight for letting me adopt my Pikeman Avatar.
    A Tricking Website

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Lian Meng will speak in Dark Green. I'll be updating her sheet momentarily.

Spoiler: For my ease of reference
    Show
    Master of Negative Jing

You focus on the defensive aspects of earthbending, protecting yourself over going after the enemy. When caught flat-footed against a bender, you are considered automatically successful on the reflex save to attempt a Deflect maneuver, and are additionally not limited to only a single Deflect Attack attempt, instead being allowed a number equal to your iterative attacks. In addition, by taking a full round action you may perform a number of Deflect Attack attempts equal to your number of iterative attacks +1. You also receive the Disperse Attack feat for free. However, you do not receive the full bonus of Head-On Defense, as you do not charge into combat as most typical earthbenders do: Instead, you add half of your Constitution modifier (rounded down) to your reflex save, in addition to your Dexterity modifier.
    Last edited by Comissar; 2015-02-22 at 05:10 AM.

GLaDOS Avatar and Pokémon Sig. by me

Spoiler: Alternate Avatars
    Show

Leah and Saura, and Summer Rose by me

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Yay, the dice are in my favour!

Avatar Huran will speak in Saddle Brown, and I'll post his sheet up once I've made Avatar-related adjustments. Note that, although you will all know that I'm playing the Avatar, your characters likely won't find out straight away; I think Huran will be fairly quiet about his status, though at the same time he won't hesitate to play the Avatar card if he has to.

I can't imagine him being 16 and only knowing one element, so I'll start him off with a bit of Fire, but I also don't want to just jump to the most powerful option, so I'm going to roll like I did for starting element.

Level that Firebending was taken: (1d2+3)[5]

Okay, here's Huran's sheet. I'm pretty sure I included all of the Avatar-related stuff.
    Last edited by manwithaplan; 2014-12-28 at 05:38 AM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

Extra level of hp - (1D8)[7]

Show

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

Alright, so here's my big tweak to history that everybody would know about (anything that wouldn't be public knowledge, you will be informed of via PM).

Avatar Aang died almost two decades earlier than he did canonically, the time spent in dormancy catching up to him a bit sooner. The White Lotus came out of hiding much more quietly, with the mandate to locate new Avatars and inform them of their status at age twelve. The Avatar would be brought to live in a private compound in their homeland, trained in their native art, and then sent to the primary compound in Republic City at sixteen, where he or she would be presented to the world by the Council of Nations and educated in the remaining three styles of bending and their associated cultures. Aang's successor was from the Northern Water Tribe, his name was Somak.

Avatar Somak was tragically lost at sea at the age of nineteen, not yet a fully-realized Avatar.

Republic City is waiting with giddy anticipation at the prospect of a new Avatar, as anyone with a rudimentary mind for arithmetic can determine that Kyoshi's successor as the Earth Kingdom Avatar will be introduced to the world before the year is out. There are rumblings about a sentiment to push for equality between benders and non-benders, but any movement (if there is one, at all) is in its infancy and lacks any kind of figurehead or symbol to rally behind.
    Last edited by ZootSuit86; 2014-12-28 at 06:35 AM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

So, not to be impatient, but when are we getting started with an IC thread?

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

Good thing we didn't go with another Airbender Avatar, would've lost three Avatar's in a row

Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

When everybody has made any necessary updates and finalized seeds, feats, and possessions.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

Mechanical stuff is all updated for me, barring any obvious errors.

Show

12. - Top - End - #12

Woo! Alright, Mei Shuon will use dark orange, befitting her element. I think her sheet is done, unless someone wants to point something out to me.

Now, Xunthrae. We had talked about Mei and Hushi knowing each other. So, do you think they should be just acquaintances from being in the same industry? Be friendly? Be rivals? Be friendly rivals?
    Last edited by Jukashi; 2014-12-28 at 10:20 AM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Uma's sheet.

While the obvious trend is to give the characters a color associated with their bending, it seems like we're going to have three firebenders- and both our other firebenders would seem to have far better claim to the warm red and yellow spectrum than Uma. So for Uma I think I will go with Royal Blue.

Speaking of three firebenders (not even including our firebending avatar), Uma is going to feel a little outnumbered when it comes to her unusual take on things...

So hey, it was mentioned in the recruiting thread that there might be an option for a semi-gestalt for the non-avatar characters. I don't see that it was brought up yet- I'd like to hear what you were thinking on that front.
    (That, and I could really go for some more skills and feats, so if I could do something like throw martial rogue levels on Uma I'd be very happy ).

Oh, and one more thing, more pointed towards everyone. I notice that Vano is the only person who has his living situation on his sheet. Uma has a lot of gold left over, and I've been debating between two options for her- the first is giving her a rather small, well kept but spartan apartment, while the second would basically involve me blowing all the rest of her money on someplace big and fancy. Something big and fancy that we could use as a good gathering point (maybe a home away from home even), more specifically. Would people be interested in that?
    Last edited by AmberVael; 2014-12-28 at 10:29 AM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

Lian's currently living in fairly low quality accomodation with her family, so she'd be more than happy to take up an offer for free housing in a nicer part of the city

Show

15. - Top - End - #15

That would be me needing to take care of mechanical stuff sorry. My computer is a little- broken right now (issue at the moment is a jammed start button keeping it in an infinite turn on and off thing) but that will be resolved today or sometime within a week, but I will be able to keep up with posting and mechanics in any case. Really just need to spend money at this point and I'll just make some big purchases to make things simple. And for that I'll put a spoiler box because there are some questions and I'm taking up some space already.
    Spoiler: Equipment Questions
    Show

Alright so first off the back, I'm going to guess that the ownership of Legendary Skill items is a bit unlikely due to rarity, reguardless of affordablity. +10 for- 270ish gold is a bit cheap perhaps. Don't want to be taking advantage of the system TOO much. But if they AREN'T limited I would love to know for sure.

Would one item be able to provide more than one skill bonus? Like if I paid for Hiding of Fame and Move Silently of Fame and let's say an extra 50% of the cheaper to use the pricing from the MIC as a guide and threw them on a combat robe of some sort.

Following, with it being a regularly accepted house rule and there being an official ruling for this I believe, would a set of robes or equivalent item be able to gain masterwork bonuses or just masterworkness to qualify for armor enhancements?

And I think that's all the questions I have right now. Well not ALL of them, but the important ones that matter right now anyway. Though I really should look into what the general roof systems of Republic City looks like for transportation reasons. Gotta take advantage of that Jump and Tumble some how!

Amber, that sounds like an excellent idea and thank you for the reminder on housing situations but I think Baochi would decline the offer of the home away from home for several reasons. He'd be good for meeting up there for planning and as a more secure storage location though. I think he might ask if you could take in some friends of his though, a family or two trying to get away from the triads. They'd probably be more than happy to help around the place in their spare time.

+1 on the semi-gestalt, feat Rogue would be a WELCOME addition to Baochi, might actually be able to work on that Chi Disruption line. Though the uneven level aquiring of feats if my memory is right might not synch up as well with the general even number BAB requirements that most of the things have, so Fighter might work better, reguardless the lack of additional class abilities. But that's getting ahead of myself some.
    A Tricking Website

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

Just keep in mind that working at a power plant doesn't pay exceptionally well, so holding on to such a place might be harder than you expect. That, and since Uma isn't very social to begin with, renting a huge place to accommodate a bunch of people might not make the most sense.

Speaking of three firebenders (not even including our firebending avatar), Uma is going to feel a little outnumbered when it comes to her unusual take on things...
    It's almost like I chose a party that would promote character development in its members just by coexisting. What GM would ever do something like that?

So hey, it was mentioned in the recruiting thread that there might be an option for a semi-gestalt for the non-avatar characters. I don't see that it was brought up yet- I'd like to hear what you were thinking on that front.
    Well, I did end up with a plus-sized party, and manwithaplan has very considerately limited his Avatar's power level, having only the slightest advantage over a dedicated bender of the same level right now. Since you all have a level on him (Afool has two), I'm going to keep a lid on that idea for now. If things start to get a little too off kilter (because, let's be honest, everybody knew going into this that a time will come when the Avatar will be able to overwhelm any other member of the party 1v1, and maybe even a few at once), then I'll revisit the feature.

However, I think the level discrepancy will help. In this system, Aang is a hefty four levels lower than Toph, Katara, and Zuko by the endgame, as many as six below Azula (whose level is not specified), and at least seven or eight below Ozai (who is so badass that he can quicken Coldblooded Fire), but by then, everybody had their own stories to pursue and the final battle was so expansive that everyone had something major to deal with and was relevant to the outcome, and I think that's something I'll be able to echo.

This actually reminds me of a houserule that I like, but didn't want to commit to until I had a final group to weigh in on it. See, I'm not really fond of the traditional XP system, so I like to use one with smaller numbers that rewards good character development and story involvement as much as kicking ass in combat. Is that something folks would be comfortable with? I can still use the traditional method if everyone wants me to, but I won't lie that I kinda prefer a party where everyone improves at their own speed, and failing in a cataclysmic way can be as statistically beneficial as saving the day.

EDIT: In answer to Afool's equipment questions: The system actually handles this! You guys are only levels 4-7, meaning you can't make use of benefits that exceed a masterwork level of 2 (it's on the Item Enhancement page). So technically, buy all of them you want: They're useless until you're a high enough level to benefit, basically just pre-spending money for an item upgrade.

No, a masterwork tool may only apply to a single skill.

Meaning could you get a cloak that's fire retardant, or robes that bolster damage reduction? Boxing tape that confers a damage enhancement? Yes. Ask me exactly what it is you want so I can try to make the fluff work, but yes. For my examples, the cloak is easy (it's fire retardant material, done!), the tape isn't too hard (the material or weave is inherently tougher and better at absorbing impact force, so you can punch harder without fear of breaking the bones in your hand or dislocating something), and the robes are the hardest to fluff (a combination of tougher material and careful weight distribution, so that it catches the air and flows in ways that mess with an attacker's spatial awareness, resulting in glancing blows becoming more common), all of which work with the Vitality & Wounds variant rules.
    Last edited by ZootSuit86; 2014-12-28 at 11:32 AM.

17. - Top - End - #17

That (waiting til the discrepancies are relevant to work on them) makes sense and it's definitely something we can worry about later.

The houseruled XP sounds like an interesting idea and I had meant to ask how XP was going to be handled considering the level differences. Would you be able to go into a bit more detail about how it works? Would every X achievement give a feat or bundle of skill pointsl? Would every Y achievement provide an attribute point or level?

Also I'm quite for party interactions amd mutual growing (and was more than a small amount of pleased when I read Mei was having some issues with the triads. Yay interconnectiveness!).

Also I noticed a thing called Worldiness while reading through the sheets and am kicking myself for completely missing that being mentioned before as that (or a SLIGHTLY lesser version of that) would be VERY nice to add to Baochi (and would take care if gold quite a bit faster).
    A Tricking Website

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ZootSuit86 View Post
    Just keep in mind that working at a power plant doesn't pay exceptionally well, so holding on to such a place might be harder than you expect. That, and since Uma isn't very social to begin with, renting a huge place to accommodate a bunch of people might not make the most sense.
    Well, her profession is pretty high... I figure she could have a decent position at least? How much should we be expecting to earn with our checks, anyway? I looked at the basic D&D rules, but under those rules we wouldn't earn enough to meet any of the rents you listed.

As for why she'd have a big place, I was thinking that she wasn't so much looking for a place for lots of people so much as she found a place she really liked that also happened to work for a lot of people. At the moment, I was considering the idea that she found a large, perhaps unused or abandoned monastic or temple type structure, perhaps a short distance outside the city proper. I could see her springing for something like that, even if it was expensive and far larger than she'd ever need for herself. It would make for a unique location to use, too.

This actually reminds me of a houserule that I like, but didn't want to commit to until I had a final group to weigh in on it. See, I'm not really fond of the traditional XP system, so I like to use one with smaller numbers that rewards good character development and story involvement as much as kicking ass in combat. Is that something folks would be comfortable with? I can still use the traditional method if everyone wants me to, but I won't lie that I kinda prefer a party where everyone improves at their own speed, and failing in a cataclysmic way can be as statistically beneficial as saving the day.
    As someone who generally does away with xp entirely, I'm fine with this. I will say that giving more... lets say uneven rewards kinda puts pressure and stress on me though. Makes me always question if I'm doing enough or if I'm doing something wrong if I don't get as much xp, and that's not very fun.

Come to think of it, your system sounds rather like a Fate system. I'm always cool with more Fate-like stuff.
    Last edited by AmberVael; 2014-12-28 at 11:49 AM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

Augments like Worldliness are discussed case-by-case, to account for the fact that wealth doesn't suit certain character concepts.

As to the modified XP, the numbers are smaller (you need 9+(Your Previous Level + Your Current Level) in XP to level up). How they're awarded also varies a fair bit. You get 1 point for engaging in a combat where victory isn't a sure thing, and defeat would carry genuine consequences (so punching homeless people doesn't cut it, nor does sparring with friends; most encounters as part of a story will fit this bill and provide 1 point). You get 2 if the odds are really stacked against you or the stakes are really extreme (but only if it's avoidable, like choosing to pick a fight with a bunch of Triads that you don't have to fight, without any backup, knowing that winning means safety for a neighborhood and losing means you might die or the people you're trying to protect would be even more screwed; this type will mostly have to be player-initiated, but I'll still set them up). 3 if you have no hope of victory without a deus ex machina (that I have no intention of providing in that particular case) and/or the stakes could steer every ongoing plotline in a completely new direction (assassinating Lightning Bolt Zolt while the Triads are featuring big, for instance; this type of thing will be exclusively player initiated, me acting as the facilitator).

Then there's the character building and roleplaying rewards. Missing out on a considerable benefit (be it extra XP, money, influence, etc.) because "it's what my character would do" will usually get you a point. Putting yourself (or the entire party) in a bad situation in the name of staying true to your character will also get you a point, more if the stakes are high or it also screws you out of something really swanky (these moments must and will be more complicated than "kick the puppy for a million dollars, don't kick the puppy and we kill you," usually something more in the vein of not being able to sacrifice your integrity even though everyone else is down for getting bribed, or turning yourself in after committing a crime due to guilt, or turning a party member in for a crime!). Making progress in your character's personal arc will also typically yield one or more points, but this is something that I have to determine on a case-by-case basis and can't really give examples for.

You'll also get XP just for accomplishing stuff, in the same vein as getting it as a quest reward. This will also be pretty case-by-case, but rest assured that the bigger the stakes and the challenge, the more you can expect to receive.

Overall, I think this system encourages people to take risks and think like their character would think. You know that going up against Baron von Baddy will give you XP, even if you lose, and you know that if your character is too terrified to take him on (probably from fear of death) then you'll also get XP for staying true to your character, and that overcoming that fear can also yield some XP for staying dynamic, and that even joining the Baron against your fellow PCs could get you some XP, while your friends not being able to raise a hand to you and getting captured or worse would earn them XP, but so would trying to kill your traitorous ass, and everyone deciding to sacrifice Beloved Peasant Village so they can live to fight another day would also be worth something (but so would running back in alone, knowing the Baron will stomp you into putty-- Do you see where I'm going with this?).

I rambled a lot up there, but I hope I painted a picture here. It's basically a variant on "GM says when we level" that can actually be tracked and that I can be called out on, and the method is simple: Stay true to your character, don't be afraid to stick your neck out in pursuit of that goal, profit!

EDIT: Pay depends on the circumstances of the job, represented in the form of modifiers and multipliers. For instance, let's say you work as an assistant: If you work for an insignificant bureaucrat and nothing out of the ordinary is demanded of you, you'll get a small multiplier to your roll output; if it's a high-ranking bureaucrat, the multiplier will be larger. If you work for someone more demanding, like a struggling inventor, than the added difficulty would give a modifier to your roll AFTER the small multiplier of working for a small fish has been applied, basically hazard pay. If you're one of many assistants or aren't particularly valuable, you'll receive another small multiplier that goes on after your extra modifier. If your boss is very reliant on you or there aren't many people with your skillset, the secondary multiplier will be bigger. Zhu Li's modifier and multipliers, if folks are wondering, would be gargantuan, because her job is very demanding and she's indispensable to a very powerful person. That's basically how it breaks down: You get a multiplier based on the relevance of your job, followed by a modifier for the demands it places on you, and then a second multiplier for how easily the position could be filled if you vacated it.

In Uma's case, she's doing blue collar work (small multiplier), that nobody really wants to do and that takes a lot out of her (goodly modifier), and she's one of an army's worth of people doing it (small multiplier). You can't exactly freelance as an assistant, and nobody at the plant actually needs one, so you're pretty much making an untrained Wisdom check to get a paycheck from there (which is fine, since it's not trained work).

I'm often tempted to go with "GM says when you level," and I will if people are cool with that! This is a method I use mostly to appease people that want the GM to stay accountable for progression, and keep it from being too arbitrary.
    Last edited by ZootSuit86; 2014-12-28 at 12:41 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

EDIT: Pay depends on the circumstances of the job, represented in the form of modifiers and multipliers. For instance, let's say you work as an assistant: If you work for an insignificant bureaucrat and nothing out of the ordinary is demanded of you, you'll get a small multiplier to your roll output; if it's a high-ranking bureaucrat, the multiplier will be larger. If you work for someone more demanding, like a struggling inventor, than the added difficulty would give a modifier to your roll AFTER the small multiplier of working for a small fish has been applied, basically hazard pay. If you're one of many assistants or aren't particularly valuable, you'll receive another small multiplier that goes on after your extra modifier. If your boss is very reliant on you or there aren't many people with your skillset, the secondary multiplier will be bigger. Zhu Li's modifier and multipliers, if folks are wondering, would be gargantuan, because her job is very demanding and she's indispensable to a very powerful person. That's basically how it breaks down: You get a multiplier based on the relevance of your job, followed by a modifier for the demands it places on you, and then a second multiplier for how easily the position could be filled if you vacated it.

In Uma's case, she's doing blue collar work (small multiplier), that nobody really wants to do and that takes a lot out of her (goodly modifier), and she's one of an army's worth of people doing it (small multiplier).

I'm often tempted to go with "GM says when you level," and I will if people are cool with that! This is a method I use mostly to appease people that want the GM to stay accountable for progression, and keep it from being too arbitrary.
    Ah, I was intending for Ume to be a bit more white collar at the moment since we determined she isn't skilled enough with lightning bending to be part of the plant directly. I was picturing in her previous job she started off pretty low, but got a bit better and handled some of the more minor secretarial duties and smaller personal duties for Xun. I imagine at the plant she'd actually be working as some kind of administrative assistant- perhaps overseeing the benders who come and go? Handling benders who want to take shifts, making sure the schedule didn't overtax anyone, taking applications, that sort of thing along with probably a ton of other menial tasks. She'd be doing a bit more skilled work that less people would/could do, though it would be a lot less taxing of a task. Still, I imagine it would earn her more, and she does have the skills assigned to do it.

In such a position she'd also still have a good chance to interact with the benders and see real lightning bending in action, and while she wouldn't perform it herself at work she might be able to pick up tricks and tips that she could practice on her own.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

I tossed in an additional edit about it being unlikely that anyone at the plant would need an actual assistant. Administrative duties would be a perfectly sensible application of that profession field, but she simply would not have worked there long enough to be doing that sort of thing. She has one reference, a fellow national, that she parted with on bad terms (at least in her mind, so I assumed she won't ask Xun for a letter of recommendation). She's only 19, probably hasn't worked as anything but Xun's assistant, and (again, I'm assuming) isn't going to rely on him to get a new job, so she might as well be applying with a blank resume.

However, she probably could use her bending, now that I think about it. The lightningbenders would provide the bulk of the city's power when they were in good supply, but normal firebenders could use their bending to keep boilers going. It makes more sense to me that lightning is a supplement rather than the primary power source, since it's apparently something that firebenders can walk in and do. What do you do when nobody shows up for a day? Turn off neighborhoods? No. You have actual employees that can shovel fuel or use bending to keep the water boiling. Shooting lightning into the machines would certainly pay more, since it would have a higher output, but it's too rare of a skill to rely on.

EDIT: And as one more addendum to how you get income rolling Profession, you get your full check amount, with multipliers and modifiers, but it isn't per week, it's per DAY. You still only roll once for the week (or take 10), but you get that amount for every day that you worked.

Attempting to do something adventure-y on the same day as having gone to work will result in your character being fatigued, or getting into a bunch of fights the night before could result in reduced pay for the following day.
    Last edited by ZootSuit86; 2014-12-28 at 01:16 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22

I don't mind 'GM says when you level', so I don't mind the other system either. I might even add that it may be more thematically appropriate! Character advancement in Avatar is generally linked to character growth. Unlocking your chakras, finding the right mindset for a type of bending, realizing that fire is life, et cetera. Though, for that matter, character growth is also generally linked to training; throughout the show, the characters are either shown or implied to be training their skills in the background. So I wonder if that would be a thing. Like, instead of just being told 'ok you level up', we get told ICly that 'ok, Sifu Bendermann shows his gratefulness by showing you some new techniques', and OOCly that translates to a level up. Or something like that. It's also the case in Avatar that, sometimes, characters spontaneously develop new abilities in the middle of a crisis, like Toph metalbending, Bolin lavabending, Katara bloodbending, or Avatars during season finales. There's generally there's some sort of buildup to it, though, and it would be hard to implement regardless.

The traditional d20 method is not the most appropriate in this case, is what I'm trying to get at.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yeah, that sort of middle-of-a-crisis thing is actually something I think this alternate system can represent. Like how Bolin jumped into certain death on the insignificant chance that he could help others, because that's just the man he is: I would give a player doing that a buttload of points, enough to level up on the spot (and thereby take whatever feature gave Bolin lavabending). Toph trying to get out of her situation by working through it sensibly and defying expectations is clearly a part of her characterization, and would be worth at least a few points from me, giving a spontaneous level to take the relevant template.

That said, I'm down for off-screen (and on-screen) training and the development of skills to symbolize level advancement. That sort of justification will probably affect Huran more than anyone else (since he's starting out lower), levels being represented by dedicated training with his current master(s).

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

I really like the idea of Uma having a larger place, a especially as a way to provide us with a central meeting place, which I think would be helpful for the game and group in general and would be a nice way to spend the notable amount of money she has left over. I would also very much like to put Uma's profession skill to use, since I invested a large number of skill points into it. I've tried making suggestions, but you don't seem to find them compelling. Is there any scenario you see where I could actually do these things?

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AmberVael View Post
    I really like the idea of Uma having a larger place, a especially as a way to provide us with a central meeting place, which I think would be helpful for the game and group in general and would be a nice way to spend the notable amount of money she has left over. I would also very much like to put Uma's profession skill to use, since I invested a large number of skill points into it. I've tried making suggestions, but you don't seem to find them compelling. Is there any scenario you see where I could actually do these things?
    The larger place to live, that's fine. I just wanted there to be a reason that didn't involve the party, since she hadn't met them yet, and you provided one. Profession (Assistant) will come in to play in a job that's got a more secretarial or administrative bent, but the power plant is described as being grueling work that doesn't pay much. A kid isn't going to get any sort of administrative position there, not without doing the equivalent of starting in the mail room, unless she uses the ambassador as a reference.
    Last edited by ZootSuit86; 2014-12-28 at 01:45 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26

i have no idea what to buy. I know I'm going to have a +2 Dance belt, a Waterskin for bending to carry around for emergencies, and money put aside for housing, but other than that i am lost.
    "Awww, look at that mortal trying to use a scroll, isn't he adorable ? who's a good mortal ? You are, yes you are. Here have a fireball"

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

Deciding what to buy is always challenging, especially in games like this

Show

28. - Top - End - #28

Quote Originally Posted by Comissar View Post
    Deciding what to buy is always challenging, especially in games like this
    I'm now just buying clothes, heh. Maybe I should buy a large drum of water for his place so he has a way to practice/defend himself if he ever gets attacked there. He does live in a sketchy neighborhood.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xunthrae View Post
    I'm now just buying clothes, heh. Maybe I should buy a large drum of water for his place so he has a way to practice/defend himself if he ever gets attacked there. He does live in a sketchy neighborhood.
    This is not a bad idea.

*limply suggests Satomobiles again, the thing that nobody seems to want*

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

This is not a bad idea.

*limply suggests Satomobiles again, the thing that nobody seems to want*
    Who needs a Satomobile when you have an Ostritch-Horse?

*Tickles Ushi's chin*
    Last edited by Comissar; 2014-12-28 at 01:59 PM.

Show