Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 322

Thread: Stonefast IC

  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Stonefast IC

    Stonefast was a dwarven stronghold on the fringes of human territory. It acted as a diplomatic center and as a trading outpost. During the Great Orc Wars, Stonefast fell under siege and was almost obliterated. The hold did not fall, however, yet only a small handful of dwarves remained. They sealed their stronghold and returned to their kingdom, leaving untold riches behind.

    Over the many years since then, Stonefast’s location has been lost and until recently has remained a mystery. Rumors have been circulating that a white dragon named Kamro has found the place, and has made it his lair. You all have your own reasons for adventuring to this long lost stronghold.

    After a few rough days of travel south into the top of the Barrier Peaks you finally see what looks like the entrance to Stonefast. The stone mountainside around you begins to close in as you draw closer to this entrance.

    To the south, you see two brass doors. The one on your right has been ripped from its hinges and thrown to the floor. There are deep gouges in the metal that look to be claw marks. The door to your left is intact, and covered in dwarven runes. Each door leads into its own separate chamber.

    Spoiler: Farhas, Alastair, Alvor, and Shaw
    Show
    The dwarven runes are clear to you saying "Welcome to Stonefast"


    Spoiler: To all
    Show
    Can I get a marching order. The mountain tunnel leading to the entrance is wide enough at the moment to allow two characters side by side.
    Last edited by Relkin; 2014-11-10 at 07:18 PM.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Stonefast IC

    "Welcome to Stonefast!" the half-elf says gaily, almost laughing. At least the dragon hadn't scratched that off, right? A nice little welcome before they stole all his gold and became heroes. Such was life.

    "Let's go you mangy mule," Alvor says, slapping his pony before striding towards the already opened gate. If nothing else, there would probably be less locked doors if they followed the same path as the dragon.

    "Hurry up Shaw! Last one in buys drinks when we're all done!" the half-elf shouts, knowing that Shaw, if no one else, would agree to that deal. He hardly knew the rest of the traveling group but, in all honesty, that probably wasn't a bad thing right now. While the half-elf might put off a confident facade, he knew fully well that there was a very real possibility that some of them might not make it out of here alive.

    Spoiler: Marching Order
    Show
    Alvor can take the front. I'd like Beeyore to be somewhere in the middle.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM


    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Dr.Samurai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    ICU, under a cherry tree.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Stonefast IC

    Alastair can feel the hair on his arms and neck rise with anticipation as the doors into the long lost mine finally come into view. Incredible, he whispers in admiration. The group approaches the doors, one seemingly torn off its hinges by a beast from the looks of things. Alastair walks up the scored wall and inspects the gouges with one hand, rubbing his chin in thought with the other. Hmm... perhaps the rumors of this dragon hold some weight. Then again, he says, turning his head to the side as another thought occurs to him, it may be that the sight of these claw marks started the rumor in the first place. He steps away from the wall, clapping the dust from his hands, Well, I suppose the only way to be sure is... to be sure, he says with a wink, gesturing into the mine.

    Alvor moves to take the lead. The half-elf struck Alastair as a reckless drunk when they first met, but that may have been a case of a bad first impression. Not that Alvor didn't enjoy his drink. He did. A lot. But something about the warrior gave Alastair the impression that there is more to Alvor than he lets on. That the wild nights, the drinking, and the boastful attitude hid something a little deeper. And seeing as Alvor is stepping up to lead the way into a long lost mine rumored to house a dragon, Alastair thinks his hunch may be right. He steps in beside Alvor, intent on taking any threats inside head on.

    Let's go you mangy mule.

    The half-orc takes a sidelong glance at Alvor's mule, Alvor, do you think there will be room for... Beeyore once we get deeper inside?

    Spoiler: Marching Order
    Show
    Alastair will take the lead beside Alvor.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Irish Musician's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    A Pub Near You
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Stonefast IC

    Finnan, Halfling Rogue Assassin
    Finnan sat, silently, riding effortlessly on the back of Beeyore. He didn't take much room and he always packed lite so it wasn't a big deal to share the pony's butt with Alvor. He also knew the paladin was more than happy to share. Finnan wasn't used to the type of kindness that he recieved from his party.....nor the type of sharing that they showed him. This used to put him off from people and he would immediately take advantage of them, but not anymore, not since......

    They reached the doors to the stronghold and while Finnan was quite jaded on seeing "marvelous things", the doors truly put him in awe. He, too, looked over the doors and followed the gashes with his fingers, seeing how deep they were. Finnan didn't speak much, but when he did it was to same something very important.....or to be a smartass. "It seems you are correct, my friend. There is indeed some merit to this dragon rumor. I not of many things that could do this to strong, dwarven made doors." Finnan pulls out his shortbow and knocks an arrow, "Well then....lets be sure." Finnan ended with his famous half-smirk. The Halfling rarely smiled, but he had this half smirk that made you want to love him and hate him at the same time. Usually people went with the former. And those that went with the latter didn't tend to see morning.

    Seeming to blend into the shadows, Finnan followed the Paladin on the inside, doing his best to stay close to him at the front, in case any traps there may have been left over were in view. "Well, Alastair....if anything else we could distract the dragon with a snack." A very quite chuckle came from Finnan and that smirk grew across his face again, which left Alvor thinking....he is kidding, right?

    Spoiler
    Show
    Alright, I'd like to stay near the front and keep my eye out for traps and the like, shortbow at the ready and sneaking int he shadows.

    Perception for traps (1d20+3)[8]
    Stealth (1d20+6)[26]
    My Extended Signature, Check it out!

    DMing:
    The Godkiller - OOC - Map

    Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

    My own 5e Bard Subclass
    Made by the awesome Wartex1!

    LGBTA+ Ally

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Stormageddon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Stonefast IC

    Farhas

    The journey had been a long one for Farhas. She however had gained much knowledge about the surrounding area and town folks that would be valuable.

    Uh "Welcome to Stonefast... Kinda anticlimactic.

    Farhas pops down on a nearby rock and pulls out her books, and starts to scribe every detail about what the entrance looks like and the surrounding area.

    Spoiler: Marching orders
    Show
    Farhas will be towards the back!
    "On another note, good job, Stormageddon; planting the seeds of doubt and mistrust now will go a long way towards culturing an atmosphere of paranoia and neuroticism, perfect for any evil masterminding which your devious plans might require; it hearkens backs to the hoary days when E.G. Gygax himself strode among us." - White Drake Under The Red Sky Campaign

    Under the Red Sky Pathfinder e6

    My homebrew:

    Stormageddon's Pathfinder/E6... P6 Compendium

    (PF) Mistborn, Allomancer

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2014

    Default Re: Stonefast IC

    Danny can feel goosebumps as the party nears the entrance of the ancient mystery, he thinks about how much stake he put into the delving of the ruin.

    Whelp... here we go, boys.

    Preparing for the adventure ahead he sticks to the middle and lets Beeyore lead Sherry as he takes the travel time to try and forage for some last minute provisions to bring in with the group. He tries to keep an eye out, but the task at hand takes most of his attention.

    Spoiler: Survival Check
    Show
    Survival Check: (1d20+4)[8]
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    2nd Worst Town in the UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Stonefast IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll take a spot at the back.


    'With the amount of ale on poor Beeyore here, I doubt there is any all left within 50 miles for me to make good on that bet, you drunken half-human.'

    He gazes around at the claw marks, wondering about the dragon. Still, he knew about this dragon long before he met his companions, so he had steeled himself for this. He had been open with his compatriots, and had told them his own reasons for looking for Stonefast. It wasn't like he was hoping she was still alive, and he wasn't really one to live for revenge. But still, this was something he had to do.

    He readies his own bow, and takes up his spot at the back. 'I tell you what friends. Whoever slays Kamro, I shall personally act out their part in a play written about this.' He winks at Farhas. 'Don't worry, I've had plenty of experience acting in drag if you kill it.'
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Stonefast IC

    "Like you could ever hold a candle to me," Alvor says, shrugging his shield off his back. It couldn't hurt to be prepared.

    "Leave Beeyore out in the cold, dark outside world that's probably full of wolves?" Alvor says in mock shock to Alastair, doing his best to sound offended. "He'll be fine. Nobody's going to lay a finger on my donkey, especially when he has the celebration kegs!" the half-elf says, continuing down the tunnel without a care in the world.

    "And no feeding my donkey to a dragon unless you want to walk out of here half-pint," Alvor states, grinning slightly. He could use a pint, although he'd much prefer a full one.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM


    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Stormageddon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Stonefast IC

    Farhas

    Farhas hand keeps moving taking notes of everything as she speaks.

    Fasinating! Have you any experience with protraiting halflings? It seems as you might be a little bit too tall to pull it off. I doubt however with all these big warriors about you'll have to worry about it. Farhas smiles as her hand keeps moving.
    "On another note, good job, Stormageddon; planting the seeds of doubt and mistrust now will go a long way towards culturing an atmosphere of paranoia and neuroticism, perfect for any evil masterminding which your devious plans might require; it hearkens backs to the hoary days when E.G. Gygax himself strode among us." - White Drake Under The Red Sky Campaign

    Under the Red Sky Pathfinder e6

    My homebrew:

    Stormageddon's Pathfinder/E6... P6 Compendium

    (PF) Mistborn, Allomancer

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Stonefast IC

    As the party exams the broken door and the surrounding area almost all are keen to certain observations that could pose alarming.

    Spoiler: Everyone except Shaw
    Show
    You notice that there has been evidence of orcs and goblins in the area recently.
    (DC 10 perception)


    As you continue forward through the threshold of the broken doorway you enter into a relatively large stone room. The room is lit only by what little light is entering in through the doorway. There are tapestries on the east and west walls, each depicting a dwarf that appears to have been an important figure. Both have been shredded by large claws. The door to the south has been busted down, pieces of wood scattered across the floor are all that’s left of it. Some of the larger pieces have noticeable claw marks on them. Beyond that none can be seen by the humans and halflings. Alastair and Alvor are accustomed to the dark and can see in just beyond the door in a black and white tint. Alvor notices that beyond the doorway extends 15 feet forward and stops at what looks like a wall.

    Main Map and Room Map
    Last edited by Relkin; 2014-11-12 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Typos

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2014

    Default Re: Stonefast IC

    Oi, lads. Do-ya think the dragon got rid of rutting greenskins, or did they come after? Danny looks for any further insights in the area he can see. Do we light the torches and hope for the best or rely on big Al and bigger Al over here?

    Looking a bit more he adds And where do we leave the animals? I'm sure we'll hit banjaxed cobble or stairs soon 'nuf, but this is pure dodgy hi.

    Spoiler: Perception
    Show
    (1d20+4)[5]
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Stonefast IC

    "I thought the dragon took it from dwarves?" Alvor almost states as much as he asks, slowly drawing his rapier. "I'm going to guess they're an after-effect of having a big nasty dragon here, personally. Yo, Shaw, can orcs see in the dark?" the half-elf says a bit above a whisper. "If they can, may as well light it up. If not, just rely on the Du-Als," the half-elf says, stretching the word to sound like "dual."

    "If it gets too dodgy we'll light up for the animals. Otherwise the dark helps us," the half-elf says, scanning the dark with his superior eyes. "Looks like a dead end up ahead anyways. I'll go check it out though," the half-elf mutters, creeping closer to the apparent wall.

    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Perception: (1d20+3)[23]
    Stealth: (1d20+3)[23]
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM


    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    2nd Worst Town in the UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Stonefast IC

    The ever confident Shaw stumbles a little. 'Well, halflings? Umm, not exactly. I've seen something where people put shoes on their knees, but that might be a little tasteless. I'm not sure, is that racist or not?'

    Shaw turns to look at the others, confused. 'Greenskins? Where? I don't know if they can see in the dark or not, but I sure as hell can't, so I'm all for lighting up. Traps are as likely to get us as enemies, and light helps with that. Mind if I pinch one of your torches from Beeyore?' Since Shaw was less skilled in a fight, it'd make sense to have the more experienced battlers keep their weapon hands free.

    Spoiler: Worst Perception in the group, but might as well roll
    Show
    (1d20-1)[5]
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Dr.Samurai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    ICU, under a cherry tree.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Stonefast IC

    Alastair's eyes narrow at the sight of orc and goblin detritus. This looks rather recent Patrick. If a dragon has claimed this place, it may have amassed a hoard and be slumbering. Its presence may keep most people away, which will make it a suitable base of operations for whatever nefarious plots these orcs and goblins no doubt have. And yes Mr. Orani, they can see in the dark.

    Alastair turns to the mule and grabs one of the torches Shaw had mentioned, lighting it. That said, most of us cannot see in the dark. And those of us that can see better still in bright light. So, he said, handing the torch to the human troubadour, keep this about. After handing the torch over, Alastair draws his greatsword and peeks around the corner, Now Alvor, what do you see?

    Spoiler
    Show
    Arcran, lets say you rolled that perception check *after* the torch was lit, because I believe with darkvision you can see in the dark but it is still considered dim lighting and we get disadvantage on perception checks. I'm not sure, but I think that is how it works. With the torch it would be a regular perception check.

    Perception (1d20+2)[12]

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Stormageddon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Stonefast IC

    Farhas

    Farhas chuckles lightly at the bards discomfort as her steady hand continues to note the surround signs of Orc and Goblin activity some what detached.

    Racist? I wouldn't think so.... I mean it's not as if Halflings don't know they are short, but it sure does look silly.
    "On another note, good job, Stormageddon; planting the seeds of doubt and mistrust now will go a long way towards culturing an atmosphere of paranoia and neuroticism, perfect for any evil masterminding which your devious plans might require; it hearkens backs to the hoary days when E.G. Gygax himself strode among us." - White Drake Under The Red Sky Campaign

    Under the Red Sky Pathfinder e6

    My homebrew:

    Stormageddon's Pathfinder/E6... P6 Compendium

    (PF) Mistborn, Allomancer

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2014

    Default Re: Stonefast IC

    Danny, gob****e. Only name I know. squinting a little when the torches are lit after staring at the dark for a time Any'un got that fecking light magic for arrows? It'd be grand if we could light our way past our noses, spot dem yokes or orcs early.

    Danny shifts through his goods. I got 60 between me 'n Sherry, but maybe one-na yer arrows be more suited - mine are me best defense.
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Irish Musician's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    A Pub Near You
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Stonefast IC

    Finnan, Halfling Rogue Assassin
    Finnan chuckled at the paladin's comback and crept through the shadows with the others. Stopping while they talked, he kept a keen eye out for any movement, but mostly relied on his sense of hearing in case any enemy should be around. Finnan couldn't help but roll his eyes at the talk of halflings, "We do, indeed, know we are short," he whispers from the shadows in his raspy voice, "But that makes us excellent thieves.....and killers. You don't even know we are there until it is too late." He gives a low chuckle and continues on his way, thankful there is a light ahead, and dropping back a bit from the front to keep out of the light. "I will stay a little farther back in the shadows," he further whispers, "my bow is as deadly as my rapier, and better shot from the dark."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Finnan is going to drop back to the middle of the pack in the shadows, as to keep out of the light as much as possible. If he is needed to trap disarming, he will gladly do it.
    Last edited by Irish Musician; 2014-11-13 at 04:44 PM.
    My Extended Signature, Check it out!

    DMing:
    The Godkiller - OOC - Map

    Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

    My own 5e Bard Subclass
    Made by the awesome Wartex1!

    LGBTA+ Ally

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Stonefast IC

    Alastair turns and lights a torch just before Alvor disappears into the darkness ahead. With the extra light from the torches going up from the room the party is in, Alvor is able to see a bit clearer as to what his surroundings are. It's only until Alastair steps out with a torch to join Alvor that he is able to see how far this hallways goes. On either side of Alvor the hallways extends as far as he can see. Looking to the right it looks as if there is almost an end in sight. To the right Alvor also notices a door on the left hand side of the hallways. Looking to the left he notices the wall of the hallway continues uninhibited except for a 10 foot opening on the right hand side of the hallway as well as what looks like a door on the left hand side. After seeing that the coast is clear Alvor calls the rest out to share his findings. The party is now faced with a crossroads. Where shall they be led next?

    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    The party has two torches lit currently. Alastair in the front and Shaw in the back. The torch light allows the party to see in either direction for 20 feet from a torch holder as normal. Beyond that is considered Dim light and puts anyone rolling perceptions checks at a disadvantage. So keep that in mind. I wasn't sure how you guys want to arrange on the map based on this new information so I left it blank. You can make comments on it when viewing the sheet or in the OOC or spoiler tag IC. Also if someone would like to roll a Survival check I can start identifying with North South East West which may make it a bit easier. But currently you guys aren't aware of which direction you are facing.


    Main Map
    Last edited by Relkin; 2014-11-15 at 02:46 PM.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Stormageddon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Stonefast IC

    Farhas

    I've always favored right turns. It's like reading a book always start on the right.
    "On another note, good job, Stormageddon; planting the seeds of doubt and mistrust now will go a long way towards culturing an atmosphere of paranoia and neuroticism, perfect for any evil masterminding which your devious plans might require; it hearkens backs to the hoary days when E.G. Gygax himself strode among us." - White Drake Under The Red Sky Campaign

    Under the Red Sky Pathfinder e6

    My homebrew:

    Stormageddon's Pathfinder/E6... P6 Compendium

    (PF) Mistborn, Allomancer

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Stonefast IC

    "Right's as good as any other direction," Alvor says jovially, moving to take the lead as he's the one with the best chance of not getting stabbed. "Just keep going right until we reach a big 'ole dragon seems like a plan to me."
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM


    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    2nd Worst Town in the UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Stonefast IC

    'As always, I've got your back Al.' Shaw stows his bow and takes out his rapier. 'I'll take rear guard.'
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2014

    Default Re: Stonefast IC

    That's the standard maze strategy, yeah? Follow a wall and you never get lost? Danny takes his position in the middle of the pack with an arrow ready for the front or rear of the party.
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Irish Musician's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    A Pub Near You
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Stonefast IC

    Finnan, Halfling Rogue Assassin
    Finnan shrugs, not that anyone can see it, and follows the others keeping to the middle. He stays quiet not wanting to alert non-friendly things to his presence, but the group knows he is still there for he tends to keep quiet once they get in the thick of it. He keeps his bow slightly drawn, making sure to keep an open eye for any orcs or goblins about.
    My Extended Signature, Check it out!

    DMing:
    The Godkiller - OOC - Map

    Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

    My own 5e Bard Subclass
    Made by the awesome Wartex1!

    LGBTA+ Ally

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Dr.Samurai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    ICU, under a cherry tree.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Stonefast IC

    Alastair closes his eyes momentarily and frowns, pinching the bridge of his nose in mild irritation. It is the custom among the Sharakim to always use a person's proper name. Nicknames and insults were considered disrespectful. He often forgets that Danny feels the opposite way, not liking to be called Patrick. Of course, Alastair does not like being called Big Al, or the Du-Als with Alvor, or gobshyte. He sighs, practicing restraint and letting the minor worry leave him.

    In the torchlight, he can see the colors of the tapestry, and decides to inspect them quickly before leaving the chamber. A pity the beast could not refrain from this wanton destruction, he says, looking at the rips torn into the fabric, If he scored every wall in his path he may lead us right to him. Well, I'm sure they were quite lovely intact.

    Spoiler: Investigation
    Show
    (1d20+2)[22]


    He takes his position beside Alvor again and looks back at the way they came in, Hmm... we approached the site south by southwest...

    Spoiler: Survival
    Show
    (1d20)[10]

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Stonefast IC

    Alastair pauses a moment to look at tapestries before continuing forward. He hands the torch to Shaw and takes hit place out into the hallways on the left hand side. The rest of the party shuffles out into the hallways once the coast is clear. With Alastairs knowledge of the surroundings he alerts the group that heading to the right will be West. Upon taking the rear Shaw and Farhas are able to see a bit south and that it leads to another hallway with the torch that Shaw is holding. This reveals two doorways on either side of the hallway. They can also see behind them to the east and that leads to two other doorways and a wall at the end of hallway with two openings. on either end.

    Facing West the party can either walk forward or inspect closer the door that is on the lest of Alastair.

    Spoiler: Alastair Tapestries info
    Show
    The investigation didn't factor but I rolled the History for you and gave you a +2 bonus from your succesful investigation roll
    (1d20+6)[18]
    Alastair learns that the dwarves on the tapestry are identified as the two founders of Stonefast. A most fascinating discovery.


    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    So I placed you guys on the map and identified what is revealed. In dim lighting perception checks have disadvantage, so a heads up on that if anyone wants to roll on for anything that is in the dim lighting area. Alvor and Alastair do have darkvision so they can actually see past the dim lighting and see it as bright light but for the sake of the party I kept the dimly light areas as is. In the future when we enter into rooms or move in the hallways and etc please give me your grid point on the map so I can adjust accordingly. And if you have a pony please list that location as well.


    Main Map
    Last edited by Relkin; 2014-11-15 at 03:49 PM.

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Dr.Samurai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    ICU, under a cherry tree.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Stonefast IC

    Alastair muses on the tapestries as he gets his bearings on his surroundings in the corridor, Farhas, you may find it interesting to know that the tapestries depict the dwarven patriarchs that founded Stonefast. Though I hope the state of the wall hangings does not prove to foreshadow the fate of the new founders of the stronghold. He looks up and down the hall, One of these rooms may serve to shelter the mules.

    Spoiler: Perception
    Show
    (1d20+2)[7]

    This is to check the door in J-25 for traps or any other details.
    Last edited by Dr.Samurai; 2014-11-15 at 04:07 PM.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Stonefast IC

    Alastair exams the door to his left to discern if there are any dangerous attachments in opening it. None are found by him.

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Dr.Samurai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    ICU, under a cherry tree.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Stonefast IC

    Seeing nothing amiss on the door, Alastair opens it to view what is on the other side.

    Spoiler: Movement and Action
    Show
    Open door and step into doorway at J-25. Cross fingers that my crappy perception check didn't overlook a deadly trap .

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Irish Musician's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    A Pub Near You
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Stonefast IC

    Finnan, Halfling Rogue Assassin
    Finnan sees Alastair start to go through the door, but he rushes in front of him and stops him, "Whoa there big guy....let me take a look at that door as well." Finnan takes a moment to look over the door and make sure there are no traps on the door before Alastair goes inside.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception (1d20+3)[5]


    Satisfied that he doesn't see anything, Finnan backs up from the door, "Alright, doesn't look like there is anything there to me. Have at it."
    Last edited by Irish Musician; 2014-11-15 at 04:37 PM.
    My Extended Signature, Check it out!

    DMing:
    The Godkiller - OOC - Map

    Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

    My own 5e Bard Subclass
    Made by the awesome Wartex1!

    LGBTA+ Ally

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Stonefast IC

    Finnan runs and stops Alastair so that he can check the door first. Again revealing nothing of out of the norm. Before opening the door Alastair notes that the door looks to be made of a strong oak and reinforced well with dwarven steel. The door looks in good repair. When opening the door he notices that it seals well and due to it and the thick walls he probably couldn't hear anything that was on the other side of it.

    Entering into the room Alastair sees A large, sturdy oak table dominates the center of this room, roughly five feet wide and fifteen feet long. It is surrounded by broken chairs. There are tapestries hung on the wall, but age and who knows what else have damaged them beyond recognition. He sees that the room has a door on each side and that it spans 15 by 25. There are regularly placed wall sconces but none have torches. Other than that the room nothing else seems to jump out at him at first glance.

    How would you like to proceed?

    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    So currently only Alastair and Alvor can see into the room, with their darkvision. Anyone else would only see darkness until Shaw came over with a torch or another is lit. The hallway also has regularly placed wall sconces. The table and chairs surrounding it are difficult terrain (as noted on the map). Time is 12:35 PM, Torch lit at 12:30 PM


    Map
    Last edited by Relkin; 2014-11-15 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Time change

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •