Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 205
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dark Heresy: Shadows of Retribution [IC]

    "Is it common practice for you to utilize public transportation, or is there some alternative to one in your profession?" Eveline addresses Eli as she scans the crowd for anyone paying an inordinate amount of attention to their group.

    Spoiler: Awareness
    Show
    (1d100)[15] TN 26

  2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dark Heresy: Shadows of Retribution [IC]

    I could certainly call in and request transport. I'll get it most likely, but it may be less subtle than taking a cab. I'm up for either.

    Seeing Eveline glance around, Eli follows suit.

    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

    (1d100)[5] TN is 20
    Fallen London: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Acliabides

    Quote Originally Posted by Fibinachi View Post
    Raxtel would like to quick-draw his grapnel and line gun and try to reel in Sarge like some particularly authoritive fish before we lose him in the middle of the rebel infested, colder-than-space tundra.
    Only War Jungle of Sin: Darrien Holt

  3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dark Heresy: Shadows of Retribution [IC]

    "True, I was unsure if the use of civilian transportation was unremarkable for one such as yourself. Regardless, I agree that it may be best if some of our number were picked up at a nearby location rather than risk going through the bar. I foresee complications if I were to enter, even dressed as I am," Eveline says as she unconsciously twitches her robes slightly, recalling the comments of some of the ill-mannered guardsmen.

  4. - Top - End - #124
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Mtnoma's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dark Heresy: Shadows of Retribution [IC]

    As Eveline scans the crowd she doesn't notice anything out of the ordinary. A few people in the crowd shoot glances at the acolytes but this mainly seems to be from the fact that they are milling about and slowing/ redirecting the constant flow of pedestrian traffic. However as she looks around she spots a nearby grav-cab lazily drifting through the streets above her. As it approaches it sets down nearby and a few well dressed hivers pop out and make their way down the street.

    As Zaddian looks around something catches his eye. About twenty meters away from the acolytes Zaddian spots a man in a black overcoat, his face obscured behind a cowl. However it is clear to the Volgite that the man is looking directly at him, and as he looks at the man he can barely make out some kind of tatoo under the man's right eye. After a few beats the man seems to flash Zaddian a grin and then slips into a nearby alleyway, disappearing from view.
    Game's I'm currently GMing.
    Dark Heresy: Shadows of Retribution

    Game's I'm currently playing in.
    Shadowrun: A Fistfull of Credsticks

  5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dark Heresy: Shadows of Retribution [IC]

    "It seems the Emperor has sent the answer to our dilemma," Eveline says indicating the cab that just set down before beginning to approach it.

  6. - Top - End - #126
    Orc in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2014

    Default Re: Dark Heresy: Shadows of Retribution [IC]

    Zaddian watches the man closely as he fades out of view. "Perhaps two..." Zaddian adds bluntly without looking away from the alleyway. "A man was watching me just now, I'm sure of it. He ran down that alleyway." Zaddian told the others, tilting his head lightly towards the alley, hoping the others would have been looking at him as he spoke. "I'm going to go investigate, my microbead is on if you need me." Zaddian finished, walking towards the alley way (half action at 3 meters / turn) and staying alert (especially when.... if he makes it to the alleyway entrance).

    Awareness: (1d100)[46] : Target 35 without mods
    Last edited by shadowcaller9; 2015-02-11 at 02:19 AM.

  7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dark Heresy: Shadows of Retribution [IC]

    Eveline looks around at the teeming mass of humanity streaming by them and then at the cab that will be departing shortly. "It's either a trap or he's gone, and we have an appointment to keep," she begins trailing off as the mercenary wanders off on what she believes to be a fool's errand. "Jacobus, is there a hab block between an hour and two hours away from our destination?"
    Last edited by Caimheul; 2015-02-12 at 12:30 AM. Reason: Case of mistaken identity.

  8. - Top - End - #128
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    Feb 2014

    Default Re: Dark Heresy: Shadows of Retribution [IC]

    Jacobus observes his data-slate. He produces a low buzzing sound as he connects to it's internal interface. The Omnisiah will enlighten us in a couple of seconds sister, please stand by. Jacobes sifts through the data to figure out what kind of habitation is nearby.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    tech use if necessary: (1d100)[88] tn 47 or lower without modifiers. I doubt it will be required, but I am no dm.
    Awareness: (1d100)[70]TN 15


    In the meantime Jacobus checks his arsenal. One of his hands is already on the handle of his shotgun, while the other one is fiddling with the dataslate. Ah, sister. Should I interpret your current behaviour as you having spotted hostiles? Your pupils are larger, and you are looking around in a rather fast paced manner. He looked genuinly concerned. That wonderful microbead the arbitrator was wearing should not be harmed!
    Last edited by evangaline; 2015-02-11 at 01:56 PM.

  9. - Top - End - #129
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Mtnoma's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dark Heresy: Shadows of Retribution [IC]

    Moving fairly quickly Zaddian is able to make it through the crowded streets in just under a minute. His growing up amongst the crowded streets of Volg allowing him to pass through the mass of humanity with enough firm pressing and liberally applied elbows. However by the time he reaches the alleyway where he last spotted the hooded man he finds naught but an empty passageway, devoid of any life save for a few hive vermin and insects scuttling about, strangely the passageway looks like it proceeds for a good half mile or so, meaning that by all normal means his target should have still been in sight...

    As Eveline moves towards the grav-cab, Jacobus' attempts to access the mid-hive's western map is fairly successful. However in the process he also manages to download several shockingly lewd ads from the Joygirl club they are still outside, though if this actually does anything for the tech-adept is another matter entirely.
    From what the adept can tell there are a number of hab-blocks throughout the area, and quite a few within an hours reasonable travel. However many are civilian habs or warehouses for the various goods that store the goods that the marketplace uses. After sifting through many different files Jacobus comes across a few lodgings that seem more than suitable to him, and in particular one that is about 1.36 hours from their current position.
    Game's I'm currently GMing.
    Dark Heresy: Shadows of Retribution

    Game's I'm currently playing in.
    Shadowrun: A Fistfull of Credsticks

  10. - Top - End - #130
    Orc in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2014

    Default Re: Dark Heresy: Shadows of Retribution [IC]

    Zaddian gives a bit of a wonderous expression and shrugs, if he had knowledge on Psykers he may assume this fellow one of them but since he doesn't, he simply assumes that this guy can run very quickly, or scaled some kind of wall. Zaddian makes his way back to the group at the same pace, mentioning to them "The alleyway stretches for a good mile, either this guy is fast or he scaled a wall. We'll need to be careful."

  11. - Top - End - #131
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dark Heresy: Shadows of Retribution [IC]

    Eli starts to follow Zaddian, then turns back as he does.

    Probably for the best. Maybe it something, likely it's nothing. Lets grab the cab. Lucius, if you'd do the honors?
    Fallen London: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Acliabides

    Quote Originally Posted by Fibinachi View Post
    Raxtel would like to quick-draw his grapnel and line gun and try to reel in Sarge like some particularly authoritive fish before we lose him in the middle of the rebel infested, colder-than-space tundra.
    Only War Jungle of Sin: Darrien Holt

  12. - Top - End - #132
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Mtnoma's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dark Heresy: Shadows of Retribution [IC]

    ===// Warning: Minor ret-con Incoming //===

    The flight to the "abandoned" manufactorum is uneventful, if a bit cramped in the small grav-car. As you travel closer to the underhive the change in wealth becomes quite apparent as more and more of the buildings you pass look like they are abandoned or in dire states of disrepair. The degradation of the underhive also effects the light quality, and by the time you near your destination the hive seems to be in a state of smog-choked dusk.

    The grav-car touches down a few blocks from your destination, the driver refusing to fly any deeper into the underhive. The area around you seems to be one of the worst slums you've ever seen (though it still looks a little nicer than Volg), the buildings are all crumbling ferrocrete and rusting metals, and any windows you can see are shattered and boarded up with cheap, dirty plastek sheets. As the grav-cab revs it's engines and begins to pull away, you can see the form of the manufactorum a few blocks in the distance.

    [Everyone please give me an awareness test in the OOC]
    Game's I'm currently GMing.
    Dark Heresy: Shadows of Retribution

    Game's I'm currently playing in.
    Shadowrun: A Fistfull of Credsticks

  13. - Top - End - #133
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: Dark Heresy: Shadows of Retribution [IC]

    "What a... lovely borough the first team has seen fit to inhabit," Augustus says, looking around. "All the smells of a disused necessarium, but only half of the charm."
    Last edited by Intro; 2015-03-10 at 03:41 AM.

  14. - Top - End - #134
    Orc in the Playground
     
    GraaEminense's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2009

    Default Re: Dark Heresy: Shadows of Retribution [IC]

    The light is wrong and the air smells funny, but the towering ferrocrete structures and drifting smog banks are reassuringly familiar. "Though I may walk in the Emperor's Light, I shall not forget what hides in Darkness..." Rufus shifts his many layers of filthy, tattered cloth with a rustling sound, trying the impossible task of having his weapons hidden and easily available at the same time. "Yes, as you say. A filthy, dangerous place this. God-Emperor on his Holy Throne watch over us. We should be careful. This is ganger territory." He pulls his hood further forward to conceal his markings and slinks next to a supporting pillar, looking for ganger territory markers without getting too far away from the safety of the group.

  15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dark Heresy: Shadows of Retribution [IC]

    Sister Eveline double checks the seal on her respirator in the depths of her hood, before determining that the smell really is strong enough to overcome the filters. She then unslings her lasgun, discovering in the process that the charge pack had worked itself slightly loose. Furrowing her brow slightly, she reseats it properly, checking the magazine catch. "The Emperor's justice awaits those who dare interfere with our duly appointed tasks. Shall we, gentlemen?"

  16. - Top - End - #136
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: Dark Heresy: Shadows of Retribution [IC]

    "Indeed, we're something of a gang ourselves," Augustus replies to the nervous psyker, making sure his sword is loose in its scabbard. "An assortment of armed individuals, gathered for some dark purpose... though a nobler one. So they should be wary of us."
    Last edited by Intro; 2015-03-11 at 01:14 PM.

  17. - Top - End - #137
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dark Heresy: Shadows of Retribution [IC]

    Eli looks around at his companions for a second, then snorts with laughter.

    I suppose you're right. But I'm not getting any frakking tattoos.

    We're close now, lets be off.
    Fallen London: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Acliabides

    Quote Originally Posted by Fibinachi View Post
    Raxtel would like to quick-draw his grapnel and line gun and try to reel in Sarge like some particularly authoritive fish before we lose him in the middle of the rebel infested, colder-than-space tundra.
    Only War Jungle of Sin: Darrien Holt

  18. - Top - End - #138
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Mtnoma's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dark Heresy: Shadows of Retribution [IC]

    As the grav-cab zips back towards the mid-hive, the group steadily makes it's way towards the rendezvous point. As you approach you can make the manufactorum, The meeting point looks indistinguishable from the surrounding buildings and hab-blocks, though it seems to be slightly less destroyed than it's fellow buildings. Like the other's it is made from slate grey ferrocrete and most of it's windows are boarded up with thin plastek planks. Before the PC's are two large iron doors, each standing about ten feet high and engraved with the faded symbols of the administatum and the aquilla, though much of the building has been tagged and graffiti'd the aquilla lies dusty and untouched.

    However as you approach Eli notices something odd, there is no light coming from the building, as if the manufactorum is uninhabited. Rufus sees this and can also see that a few of the plastek sheets are pocked with bullet holes, and judging by the burn marks they're fresh...
    Game's I'm currently GMing.
    Dark Heresy: Shadows of Retribution

    Game's I'm currently playing in.
    Shadowrun: A Fistfull of Credsticks

  19. - Top - End - #139
    Orc in the Playground
     
    GraaEminense's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2009

    Default Re: Dark Heresy: Shadows of Retribution [IC]

    As the group advances, Rufus stops and lifts his hood slightly, carefully searching the graffiti for warning signs. "...I may be tempted, thy chains and rods they shepherd me..." Not seeing anything obviously threatening, he moves to follow the others. "Is not the Light of the Throne like prometheum unto the Heretic, the Xenos and the Traitor?"
    After a moment, he freezes mid-step, a heavy Bront "Sledgehammer" mkIII revolver appearing in his hand to be quickly concealed by rags. "Aren't those fresh? Don't you smell it? Shot-scorched plastek? Eternal Light of Terra shine on us! Are you sure we are alone out here?"

    Rufus scurries to catch up.

  20. - Top - End - #140
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: Dark Heresy: Shadows of Retribution [IC]

    "I hope we're not alone," Augustus replies. "We're here to meet the other group, so it would be something of a wasted trip if that were the case." He considers the door for a moment, then asks, "Did the slate have any protocol for making contact, or do we just knock on the door?"

  21. - Top - End - #141
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dark Heresy: Shadows of Retribution [IC]

    Hearing Rufus's warning, Eli brings his Armageddon Pattern autogun to low ready, and scans behind and around the group for contacts.

    Assume hostile contacts in the area. Cover the corners.
    Fallen London: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Acliabides

    Quote Originally Posted by Fibinachi View Post
    Raxtel would like to quick-draw his grapnel and line gun and try to reel in Sarge like some particularly authoritive fish before we lose him in the middle of the rebel infested, colder-than-space tundra.
    Only War Jungle of Sin: Darrien Holt

  22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dark Heresy: Shadows of Retribution [IC]

    Eveline keeps the barrel of her lasgun aimed towards the ground, finger outside the trigger guard. "I get the feeling that should basically be our standard stance on planet," she mutters to herself.

  23. - Top - End - #143
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: Dark Heresy: Shadows of Retribution [IC]

    "If you would just be more agreeable, I'm sure people would be happier to see us," Augustus replies, edging towards one of the uncovered windows and seeing what he can of the inside without silhouetting himself against the light.
    Last edited by Intro; 2015-03-14 at 02:33 AM.

  24. - Top - End - #144
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dark Heresy: Shadows of Retribution [IC]

    Eli mutters darkly as scans his sector of the street around them, waiting for an ambush.

    ....Schola brats and their perfect trigger discipline... ...Of course we got the nice priest, not the ones who take the bullets....

    Speaking up a bit, and clearly clearing his head, Any sign of what's inside? I'd like to be under some cover and make contact ASAP.
    Fallen London: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Acliabides

    Quote Originally Posted by Fibinachi View Post
    Raxtel would like to quick-draw his grapnel and line gun and try to reel in Sarge like some particularly authoritive fish before we lose him in the middle of the rebel infested, colder-than-space tundra.
    Only War Jungle of Sin: Darrien Holt

  25. - Top - End - #145
    Orc in the Playground
     
    GraaEminense's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2009

    Default Re: Dark Heresy: Shadows of Retribution [IC]

    Rufus crouches by the corner of the manufactorum, trying to be invisible while keeping an eye towards the rear of the building. "Fresh signs of combat. No sound or light from within. The soul of the weak is like a beacon unto the Enemy. Protocol is not important now. They are dead or gone. The chains of the Creed keep the weak from following. Maybe pursuing, maybe fleeing. We should get inside and find out. Love the chains that keep you from betrayal." He holds the revolver with both hands, still trying to keep it concealed in his rags. If this is an ambush, it is important not to look like a serious threat.

  26. - Top - End - #146
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Mtnoma's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dark Heresy: Shadows of Retribution [IC]

    As Augustus peers into the building all he can make out is the all-enveloping darkness within the manufactorum. After a few moments of letting his eyes adjust Augustus can make out blurry shapes, some are strage, fluid or curved shapes while others are large and angular, the latter seem to be workstations or machines for the manufactorum, though it is hard to tell for sure.

    The remaining acolytes notice little as they fan out and arm themselves. The streets are barren by the standards of the mid-hive, though a half dozen figures are still roaming the streets. A few notice Eli and Eveline's weapons and scurry away, though a few pause and seem to take interest in what the acolytes are doing.
    Game's I'm currently GMing.
    Dark Heresy: Shadows of Retribution

    Game's I'm currently playing in.
    Shadowrun: A Fistfull of Credsticks

  27. - Top - End - #147
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: Dark Heresy: Shadows of Retribution [IC]

    "I don't see anyone," Augustus shrugs. "But it's full of machinery and... other things," he adds, feeling uneasy at the lack of normal human sensibilities present in the strange, curved shapes. "Enough cover to hide a lot of anyones."

  28. - Top - End - #148
    Orc in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2014

    Default Re: Dark Heresy: Shadows of Retribution [IC]

    Zaddian kept close to the group with his autogun pointed down to the ground in his hands.

    "I'll remain on watch" Zaddian whispers into his microbead and begins to look around him.
    Last edited by shadowcaller9; 2015-03-17 at 02:35 AM.

  29. - Top - End - #149
    Orc in the Playground
     
    GraaEminense's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2009

    Default Re: Dark Heresy: Shadows of Retribution [IC]

    "They should have noticed us by now. If they are here and alive. Love those who administer your chains, for they do the Will of the Throne. Someone should cover the back." Rufus tries to peer carefully through the windows before turning to the Volgite. "I suggest myself and mr. Zaddian. Without your chains, would you not perish? If you don't mind, sir? Would you not follow the Enemy? We should attract less attention." He waits for signs of acknowledgement before moving, taking care to keep his revolver concealed.

  30. - Top - End - #150
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Mtnoma's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dark Heresy: Shadows of Retribution [IC]

    As Zaddian peers into the building he sees little that the others hadn't seen before, however something catches his eye. Squinting through one of the holes in the plastek he notices something gleaming inside the manufactorum, next to the main doors. After a few moments the Volgite identifies the object as a main switchlight for the building.

    At the very least if they open the doors it will not be very long before they are able to light up the rest of the building...
    Game's I'm currently GMing.
    Dark Heresy: Shadows of Retribution

    Game's I'm currently playing in.
    Shadowrun: A Fistfull of Credsticks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •