Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
Results 181 to 205 of 205
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Orc in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2014

    Default Re: Dark Heresy: Shadows of Retribution [IC]

    Zaddian, when he realizes no other entry ways are in the facility; begins searching the bodies at the sisters recommendation. His lack of doing last rites might seem weird to the others, but he knows very little of cults as a whole.

    Search Check (T: 35) - (1d100)[49]

  2. - Top - End - #182
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: Dark Heresy: Shadows of Retribution [IC]

    "His soul is with the Emperor now," Augustus replies to Eveline, the rhythmic sounds of the passages having calmed his mind enough to consider the mission - so long as he didn't look too far aside. "Anything that happens due to the exigencies of service to Him is appropriate." Augustus rises to his feet and rests his hand on his sword hilt, looking down at the dead man...

  3. - Top - End - #183
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dark Heresy: Shadows of Retribution [IC]

    While the others check the corpses, Eli read through the data slate, and fills the others in once they're done.

    We should take Markovhs gear to return it to the armory, so it can continue to serve.
    Fallen London: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Acliabides

    Quote Originally Posted by Fibinachi View Post
    Raxtel would like to quick-draw his grapnel and line gun and try to reel in Sarge like some particularly authoritive fish before we lose him in the middle of the rebel infested, colder-than-space tundra.
    Only War Jungle of Sin: Darrien Holt

  4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dark Heresy: Shadows of Retribution [IC]

    "Agreed, along with any other equipment that may prove useful during our mission. I put forward that everything we cannot carry or deem worthless should be destroyed, if only to prevent enemy forces from reclaiming those resources. Unfortunately, I doubt there is a protein reclamation facility nearby to dispose of the Acolytes' bodies. A shame their corpses will not be able to continue to serve." Eveline says, shaking her head.

  5. - Top - End - #185
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Mtnoma's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dark Heresy: Shadows of Retribution [IC]

    At Rufus' words Alexi cracks a weak smile, it's obvious the acolyte is finally accepting the embrace of death. He nods once, but as his head nods down his eyes blaze with focus and he struggles to look the acolytes in the eyes.
    "W-wait"
    He sputters
    "T-there were... others.. not.... H-holt... and"
    Unfortunately what little strength Alexi has slips away from him, and he slumps over. Sighing one last, exhausted breath.

    Zaddian and Rufus search the acolyte bodies they find a few items and weapons on each. The hooded man with his head missing has his bronze las-pistol, a small chain with an Inquisitorial =][= in gold, and a small pouch, which jingles with the sound of thrones within it. Aside from him there is another robed man (though these robes are red) who seems to have been a Mechanicus agent, he cradles an intricate and finely engraved autogun that seems to have taken multiple bullets for it's master, as the frame is dented and buckled, making it almost useless. The mechanicus acolyte also has a heavy chain with a symbol of the omnisiah, a mono-knife, and two vials filled with some sort of gel that holds two small ovals in them.
    The third and final corpse is a man dressed similarly to Alexi in a long brown trench coat. He cradles an old, wooden stocked long-las in his hands, though there seems to be some warping in the barrel and clip holder from intense heat. Aside from the las he carries a small autopistol, two clips for a lasweapon and a small baton-like items that you cannot identify.

    As Eli and Eveline scan over the dataslate, an immediate problem arises. The datapad has taken a bullet at some point during the fighting, and is barely flickering with life. Though the pair can still read the script being displayed it seems like the device only contains enough power to access one or two of the files on it before it will flat-line for good. There are four files flickering before the acolytes, though as they try to discern what to do a noise catches all the acolytes attention.

    A clanging sound rings out from the streets outside, as if a trash dispensary had just been knocked over. A moment later you can all hear foot steps clomping close by, it sounds like a group of people moving quickly, and coming from all around. It seems that the last ambush was not the only one this manufactorum would see tonight.

    ((OOC: You have a turn/ 1 round to prepare for the assault, but please also give me an Initiative test in the OOC thread))
    Game's I'm currently GMing.
    Dark Heresy: Shadows of Retribution

    Game's I'm currently playing in.
    Shadowrun: A Fistfull of Credsticks

  6. - Top - End - #186
    Orc in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2014

    Default Re: Dark Heresy: Shadows of Retribution [IC]

    With the knowledge that the front door is the only way inside the facility, Zaddian scurries to what passes for cover (probably some kind of machinery). He then whispers into his com-bead "Someone hit the lights and find cover".

  7. - Top - End - #187
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: Dark Heresy: Shadows of Retribution [IC]

    "Their service may not be over quite yet," Augustus says grimly in response to Eveline's last words. He takes one of the battered corpses from the perimeter of the room and props it against a piece of machinery, then situates himself next to it, willing himself to look like another of the earlier attack's victims...

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Going for a spot away from the others to catch intruders in a crossfire.

  8. - Top - End - #188
    Orc in the Playground
     
    GraaEminense's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2009

    Default Re: Dark Heresy: Shadows of Retribution [IC]

    At Zaddian's words, a revolver appears in Rufus' hand and he starts running for the light switch near the entrance. As he moves, his muttering changes and then fades as he does. "TheEmperorshieldsmefrommyenemybythegraceoftheThro nehehidesme..." He hits the switch then dives for the nearest solid cover while wondering just how much of an advantage he will have from not being able to see the ambushers.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I am hoping there is time to run to the switch, flip it and then hide-preferably behind something solid, and close to the wall if possible. If not, Rufus may be caught in the open but I'm counting on Distort Vision and darkness to make him close to invisible.

  9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dark Heresy: Shadows of Retribution [IC]

    "Unless someone has photo-contacts, leave the damn lights and worry about getting to cover. It could be the rest of the senior acolytes," Eveline hisses into her comm-bead as she stows the dataslate and begins moving to cover.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Half action to stow the dataslate (including turning it off to save what little battery there is), Half action movement towards nearest hard cover (3 meters movement).

  10. - Top - End - #190
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Mtnoma's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dark Heresy: Shadows of Retribution [IC]

    As the acolytes scatter for cover Rufus slams the light switch and hurls himself towards one of the machines, though he only makes it partially into cover the room seems to dip in temperature by a degree or two and the darkness around Rufus shifts and swirls, as if reaching up to hide the acolyte from view.

    As the group readies itself the footsteps reach a crescendo, and a moment later one of the doors is kicked open with brutal force, causing it to swing open and slam against the wall with a strained noise. From your positions you can see the silhouette of a man, holding a rifle at the hip. You only get a second to view this before the figure lets loose a burst of gunfire into the room, which patters off the back wall harmlessly. A moment later you hear a voice hiss.

    "Ready up maggots, someone turned the lights off in here"
    A few more shapes move into the manufactorum. Though it's hard to tell in the gloom it seems like three or so figures have entered the manufactorum, you can tell from the moving blurs the approximate location of your enemies, though it's hard to aim for specific parts. As you try and find your targets one of the figures murmurs.

    "Oi, what's that?"
    Though it's hard to tell what the figure is talking about the voice seems directed at Zaddian, as if someone is looking in his direction...

    What do you do?
    Game's I'm currently GMing.
    Dark Heresy: Shadows of Retribution

    Game's I'm currently playing in.
    Shadowrun: A Fistfull of Credsticks

  11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dark Heresy: Shadows of Retribution [IC]

    Eveline quietly draws her pistol and waits to see if one of the newcomers becomes illuminated.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Half action ready pistol, Half action delay. If the lights come on standard attack on the nearest "ganger" if they aren't actually acolytes, otherwise, standard attack on whichever ganger becomes visible.
    Potential attack: (1d100)[5] TN 35/45 (35+ 10 Short range? not sure on distances here)
    Damage: (1d10+4)[6]

  12. - Top - End - #192
    Orc in the Playground
     
    GraaEminense's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2009

    Default Re: Dark Heresy: Shadows of Retribution [IC]

    Rufus leans hard against the cold metal, willing himself to be invisible. He rests the revolver on the machine and waits for a target, his nervous mutters almost silent now.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Free action to use Distort Vision (TN 8): (1d10)[2]+4
    Half action to Aim if allowed, if not he'll just use it to position himself better behind cover.
    Half action to Delay, ready to shoot the first available target. If the lights come on he'll shoot the nearest attacker. If someone near the door becomes visible through muzzle flash or other means first, he'll take a pop at them.
    Standard attack (BS 32, +/- whatever modifiers) (1d100)[20]
    Damage: (1d10)[2]+3

  13. - Top - End - #193
    Orc in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2014

    Default Re: Dark Heresy: Shadows of Retribution [IC]

    Zaddian, with his combat instincts kicking in, guesses that the one who spoke can see him. Knowing that the enemies only have sound to locate him he readies his gun pointing at the second one who spoke and fires a shot at them, trying to remain in cover as he did so.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Half action to aim and a half action to fire a single shot.

    +10 (if within 45m), +10 (aim action) + 38 (BS) = 58?

    (1d100)[52] : Target 58?

  14. - Top - End - #194
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: Dark Heresy: Shadows of Retribution [IC]

    Once the shooting starts, Augustus raises up his pistol and draws a bead on the closest target before pulling the trigger...

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Half: Aim
    Fire: BS 33 + 10 Aim + 10 Accurate = TN 53 (1d100)[50]
    Damage on hit: (1d10+3)[11], Pen 2, Impact

  15. - Top - End - #195
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Mtnoma's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dark Heresy: Shadows of Retribution [IC]

    As Eveline and Rufus wait the voice nearest to them calls out "Oi! Where the gakkin 'ell is that light?".
    After a pause there is a response from the voice nearest to Zaddian, "By the gakking door ya filthy snip!"

    A moment later the lights return with a blinding flash, one that the acolytes are prepared for. The light reveals two dirty men in scuffed, black gang leathers, both have battered autoguns and look surprised as they realize that they've just walked into an ambush. Everything happens rather quickly from there.

    Eveline and Rufus' immediate retaliation batters the first ganger, who yelps in pain as a bullet shears a piece off of his cheek and Eveline's las-bolt burns through his arm. As he staggers back and rebounds off the lightswitch he just used, his companion swings around, roaring in anger and lays down a suppressive barrage. However just a moment after he's started the barrage Augustus retaliates and blows the gangers head apart like a ripe melon, splattering the wall with what used to be the man's brain case.
    As the first ganger staggers up Zaddian's attack slams him back against the wall, bleeding heavily the ganger slides to the ground with a curse. Though he still looks to be alive he's obviously in quite a lot of pain.

    However it seems this is only the beginning of the fight, as three more gangers burst into the room. Two are armed with autoguns, but one hefts an old, double barrelled shotgun and swings it towards the acolytes.
    Last edited by Mtnoma; 2015-04-16 at 01:13 PM.
    Game's I'm currently GMing.
    Dark Heresy: Shadows of Retribution

    Game's I'm currently playing in.
    Shadowrun: A Fistfull of Credsticks

  16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dark Heresy: Shadows of Retribution [IC]

    Eveline lays down a fusillade of silent suppressing fire at the group of gangers. "I'll keep their heads down, you keep focusing fire! FOR THE EMPEROR!" she bellows, heartened by the current tide of the battle.

    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

    Suppressing Fire! I presume the gangers are all in a 45 Degree arc from Eveline? In which case they all take a -20 WP test or are pinned
    Rolling to see if she happens to hit one of them: (1d100)[3] TN 25 (35 +10 Short Range -20 Suppressing Fire!) Edit: Okay then. Two Hits assigned randomly to the gangers praise the Emperor ... Unless I misunderstood your last post and the lights are not on yet...

    If she should hit, it will be AT MOST twice: (1d10+4)[7] I Right Arm
    (1d10+4)[5] I Right Arm


    Spoiler: Status
    Show

    Wounds: 11/11
    Fate: 2/2
    Autopistol: 5/12
    Lasgun: 60/60
    2 spare standard round magazines
    1 Manhunter magazine
    2 spare Charge packs

  17. - Top - End - #197
    Orc in the Playground
     
    GraaEminense's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2009

    Default Re: Dark Heresy: Shadows of Retribution [IC]

    War cries draw attention, so Rufus keeps muttering half-audibly while lining up his shot from behind the dubious safety of his munition press. "By the Grace of the Throne I will be a hammer to the enemies of Man." He is very grateful to the Sister for making such a racket. The shotgunner seems the greatest threat. "I am a flaming spear in the Dark of the Void."

    Spoiler: OOC:
    Show
    Now trying to get the dice roller to work with bonuses:
    Free action to use Distort Vision (TN 8): (1d10+4)[10]
    Half action to Aim.
    Half action to attack the shotgunner if there is no penalty, easiest target otherwise. Standard attack (BS 32, +10 Aim, +10 short range, TN 52): (1d100)[38]
    Damage: (1d10+3)[5]

  18. - Top - End - #198
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: Dark Heresy: Shadows of Retribution [IC]

    Augustus levels his pistol at a second ganger, taking the time to fully align the sights before pulling the trigger...

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Half: Aim
    Fire: BS 33 + 10 Aim + 10 Accurate + 10 Short Range = TN 63 (1d100)[55]
    Damage on hit: (1d10+3)[10], Pen 2, Impact
    Last edited by Intro; 2015-04-18 at 01:44 AM.

  19. - Top - End - #199
    Orc in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2014

    Default Re: Dark Heresy: Shadows of Retribution [IC]

    Zaddian quickly aims towards the man with the shot gun, as he is the most immediate threat to the acolytes. He aims his shot and fires.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Same as before, target 58: (1d100)[67]

  20. - Top - End - #200
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Mtnoma's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dark Heresy: Shadows of Retribution [IC]

    The assault continues as Rufus and Eveline continue to lay down fire. The psyker's bullet sears across the scalp of the shotgun-wielding ganger, and he yelps in pain as he swings around to deliver retribution. However a moment later Eveline lays down her suppressing fire, and causes him to flinch back and dive behind the door the gangers came through. One of her bullets slams into the heavily wounded ganger and he keels over, dead. Another round slams rips into one of the rifle-toting gangers and he scampers behind the door to avoid further injury.

    The last ganger stands tall in the hail of bullets, and snaps off a shot at Eveline. The bullet richochet's off the machinery her and Rufus are using as cover and for a moment Eveline feels a hard crack as the round strikes home. However the duo of her cover and armour seem to have protected her and Eveline feels no pain from the wound.

    If the remaining ganger planned to do anything else it is cut short as once again Augustus strikes true and blows apart the man's head with his pistol. As the headless body topples to the ground there is a moment of silence, as if the fight might be over.
    Unfortunately it is cut short, a flat boom echoes through the street and the plastek sheets boarding the window just to the left of the door disintegrate in a shower of splinters. A moment later a small bottle sails through the hole and strikes the back wall of the manufactorum. As it does a plume of fire washes out, and though it is no where near the PC's location they feel the wash of heat flare over them, though the manufactorum is now devoid of enemies it appears shotguns and rifles aren't all their enemies have brought to bear.
    Last edited by Mtnoma; 2015-04-23 at 11:09 PM.
    Game's I'm currently GMing.
    Dark Heresy: Shadows of Retribution

    Game's I'm currently playing in.
    Shadowrun: A Fistfull of Credsticks

  21. - Top - End - #201
    Orc in the Playground
     
    GraaEminense's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2009

    Default Re: Dark Heresy: Shadows of Retribution [IC]

    Rufus leans back against the steel of the munition press, fumbling in his rags for spare rounds before pointing the muzzle back towards the door. He keeps on chanting under his breath, keeping an eye on what the rest are doing. "By the Emperor's Will my enemies shall flee before me."

    Spoiler: OOC:
    Show
    Free Action: Distort Vision (TN 8): (1d10+4)[8]
    Half action: load one bullet (the revolver has 6 rounds and takes 2 full actions to load, so I'm thinking I can pop in a single bullet with a half action?).
    Half action: Delay. If one of the others give sensible instructions, he'll follow those. If someone comes through the door first, he'll fire.
    If that happens: Standard attack, short range: BS 32 + 10 = TN 42: (1d100)[98]
    Damage: [roll]1d10+3[/roll](hmmm doesnotwork)
    Last edited by GraaEminense; 2015-04-24 at 09:41 AM.

  22. - Top - End - #202
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: Dark Heresy: Shadows of Retribution [IC]

    Augustus looks around the manufactorium in consternation. "Unfortunate that the first team neglected to choose a location without a rear exit," Augustus says. "But perhaps we can make our own."

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Are there windows away from the front door that could be used to escape? Perhaps after being "opened" by a few bursts from the conveniently-delivered autogun?

  23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dark Heresy: Shadows of Retribution [IC]

    "After we deal with these heretics, I put forth that we find enough explosives to provide a back door out of any building we end up in. For now, trust in the Emperor for he shall provide us the means to deal with our foes." Sister Eveline provides.

  24. - Top - End - #204
    Orc in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2014

    Default Re: Dark Heresy: Shadows of Retribution [IC]

    Zaddian takes note of the heat but remains fixated on the doorways. He sets up a kill zone and readies his sights for an Overwatch. ((Full Action)). If he sees one ganger, he would open fire.

    "So we hold tight then?" Zaddian whispered into his com-bead as the silence set in.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Feel free to roll for me if you want, if anyone comes through the kill zone.
    Last edited by shadowcaller9; 2015-04-29 at 02:56 AM.

  25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dark Heresy: Shadows of Retribution [IC]

    "No, it appears they plan to burn us out. We need to leave... Hopefully we can do so by some other means than the front door." Sister Eveline says as she swiftly reloads her pistol and prepares to move.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Half action Reload, Delay a half action move to cover in the direction of the nearest exit when it is found, or towards the front door barring another option.

    Spoiler: Status
    Show
    Magazine:12/12
    Spare magazines: 12/12, 5/12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •