New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

View Poll Results: Should this creature be included in MitP?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default The Creeping of Flesh [Creature, MitP]

Epidermarra
    Size/Type: Medium Aberration (Shapechanger)
    Hit Dice: 4d8+12 (32 hp)
    Initiative: +5
    Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
    Armor Class: 17 (+1 Dex, +6 natural), touch 11, flatfooted 16
    Base Attack/Grapple: +3/+6
    Attack: Slam +6 melee (1d6+3)
    Full Attack: 2 Slams +6 melee (1d6+3)
    Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
    Special Attacks: –
    Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., shed skin, minor change shape
    Saves: Fort +1, Ref +1, Will +4
    Abilities: Str 16, Dex 12, Con 16, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 10
    Skills: Disguise +10, Hide +3, Intimidate +1, Listen +1, Move Silently +3, Spot +1
    Feats: Power Attack, Improved Initiative
    Environment: Any
    Organization: Solitary
    Challenge Rating: 4
    Treasure: Standard
    Alignment: Usually Neutral Evil
    Advancement: 5-13 HD (Medium), 14-20 HD (Large)
    Level Adjustment: +2

Epidermarras are bizarre creatures. Shapechangers, these beings infiltrate society by taking on the form of any humanoid creature. However, any resemblances between them and their prey are dispersed when an Epidermarra uses its most disturbing ability. An Epidermarra can shed its thick skin, which remains animate and at the aberration’s beck and call. The anatomy of a skinless Epidermarra is fully exposed. Their muscles are far different than those of a normal humanoid, and purple in color, while strange organs peek out from behind the muscle. A thin layer of transparent fat serves as a second skin for the Epidermarra, keeping its entrails from spilling out and providing the same amount of protection a normal human’s skin does.

Shed Skin (Ex)
    As a full-round action, an Epidermarra may shed its skin. Doing so deals 10 points of damage to the Epidermarra. This damage cannot be healed until the Epidermarra is reunited with its skin, at which point it is automatically healed. In addition, an Epidermarra that has shedded its skin loses its natural armor bonus to AC and loses its minor change shape ability. After being shed, the Epidermarra’s skin remains animate and under the control of the Epidermarra, as if it were dominated. The skin may rejoin the Epidermarra as a full-round action. Statistics for the Epidermarra’s shed skin are given below.

Minor Change Shape (Ex)
    A Epidermarra has complete control over the texture and color of its skin, giving it a +10 racial bonus on all Disguise checks.

Epidermarra Skin
    Size/Type: Medium Aberration
    Hit Dice: 1d8+2 (10 hp)
    Initiative: +0
    Speed: 20 ft. (4 squares)
    Armor Class: 16 (+6 natural), touch 16, flatfooted 10
    Base Attack/Grapple: +0/+6
    Attack: Slam +2 melee (1d4+2)
    Full Attack: 2 Slams +2 melee (1d4+2)
    Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
    Special Attacks: Improved grab, constrict
    Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft.
    Saves: Fort +2, Ref +0, Will +2
    Abilities: Str 14, Dex 10, Con 14, Int –, Wis 10, Cha 1
    Skills: –
    Feats: –

Improved Grab (Ex)
    To use this ability, an Epidermarra Skin must hit a Medium or smaller opponent with its slam attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. If it wins the grapple check, it establishes a hold and can constrict. Epidermarra Skin has a +4 racial bonus on grapple checks due to its ability to wrap itself around its opponent. This is already figured into the statistics block above.

Constrict (Ex)
    An Epidermarra Skin deals 1d6+2 points of damage with a successful grapple check. Constricting uses the whole body of the Epidermarra Skin, which prevents it from moving in a round in which it constricts.
    Last edited by The Demented One; 2007-04-05 at 05:01 PM.
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

Homebrew by The Demented One.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: The Creeping of Flesh [Creature, MitP]

Niiice, very disgusting and creepy, much like your Morgellian. I like it. I dunno about giving the skin 1d6 damage, I would assume it just punches like any other humanoid creature, so unless it is particularly proficient in hand to hand combat, like a monk, I'd lower it to whatever it normally is, I think a d4 but I'm not sure.

I like the idea of them infiltrating a society.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Twisted. I like it.

I agree with the lower damage, though.
    Getting slugged by an empty bag of skin doesn't sound outstandingly dangerous.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Good work. I think I would agree that the Damage Die ought to be reduced to 1D4.
    It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

– Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350), Tsurezure-Gusa (1340)

5. - Top - End - #5
    Banned

Third lowering the damage die to 1d4. Also,

Shed Skin (Ex)
    As a full-round action, an Epidermarra may shed its skin. Doing so deals 10 points of damage to the Epidermarra. This damage cannot be healed into the Epidermarra is reunited with its skin, at which point it is automatically healed.
    Should be "until".

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

IIRC, (yay I used an acronym!) there's an empty skin monster in the Libris Mortis, if you want to use that. Otherwise, very cool. Creepy.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rigel- "You have, like, eight threads open! You're like a binge-reader or something!"
    Me- "Ten. Shush, I Just found a cool thread!"
    Rigel- "Do you even ever post?"
    Me- "No. Ooh, 'Bad times to roll a natural 20'? Greatest Jedi ever poll? Cool!"
    Rigel- "Binge-lurker, I say!"