New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 318192021222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Firbolg in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Mummy's Mask (OOC)

Sounds good - I think we are on similar pages if not the same one.

Regarding loot - Vershab will be spending 1,285 GP of our group loot to scribe spells and buy a new spellbook (first one is at 99/100 pages). I would edit the loot table, but can we just sell off some stuff to make this work? Vershab hasn't been collecting baubles and coins to hold onto personally...

If allowed, he would sell the remaining Cultist spellbook that he had been holding (for Create Pit) and no longer needs.

This particular encounter has resulted in a sizable amount of loot in Vershab's possession, but I think the spells now available will be well used by the party. The wands and scrolls will be worthwhile too. If anyone thinks these resources are being poorly handled, let me know and I can cut back somewhat.

It will be nice to see what is available now that the plague is over and vendors will be reopening their shops...hint hint...

2. - Top - End - #812
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I approve of the selling of gems and other such non-combat-relevant valuables. I will need to review the loot table to get an idea of Lehasti's share of loot to invest in appropriate upgrades for Lehasti. Her weapon is pretty solid, but armor and other defensive items would seem appropriate, though I'm open to suggestion from any of the more experienced players.

Still pending character updates for Lehasti and Azkin. Been that kind of a week.
    Lehasti Gesmeha and Azkin for Mummy's Mask
    Morevek for Wrath of the Righteous
    Janstina Silentall for Age of Worms

3. - Top - End - #813

To DarkOne's question about shopping: In Wati, you can find any item with a value of 5200gp or less with a 75% chance. Since you have time to wait, you can commission items to be crafted, or imported from somewhere else. So, I'll wave the 75% thing - you can have anything up to 5200gp within a couple of months.

In addition, the various sages, mages and scholars of the city have the following for sale:

scroll of Commune with Birds
    oil of Bless Weapon
    potion of Horn of Pursuit
    small wood shield +1
    wand of Whispering Wind
    halberd +1
    scroll of Command
    potion of Youthful Appearance
    potion of Anticipate Peril
    scroll of Shillelagh
    scroll of Air Step
    staff of rigor
    wand of Tongues
    scroll of Reckless Infatuation
    potion of Blessing of Courage and Life
    cloak of resistance +4
    wand of Sky Steed
    breastplate, impervious +4
    wand of Paragon Surge
    vibrant purple prism ioun stone
    staff of illusion

4. - Top - End - #814

NecromancerGuy

Wow, that is quite the eclectic mix of items for sale...Vershab would like the staff of rigor, wand of Tongues, cloak of resistance +4, vibrant purple prism ioun stone, and the staff of illusion. However, I don't think any of those is really the right thing to purchase for the price at this time...

I am strongly debating purchasing a Headband of Intellect, but the Mask of the Forgotten Pharoah does cover that slot...does anyone else think they should wear it? Should I have Vershab wear it?

We should sell a ton of stuff. I have taken some time and looked at the Google Document for our loot. Items highlighted in Red have already been used or sold and should be removed from the document (IMO). Items highlighted yellow should be sold, IMO. There should be a sizable bit of cash from such an exchange - can this be confirmed by Gwynfrid please?

As for items not listed, Vershab would like to go ahead and purchase/commission the following items:

- Cracked Dusty Rose Prism Ioun Stone (500 GP, +1 Competence bonus to Initiative)
    - Traveler’s Any-Tool (250 GP)
    - Sleeves of Many Garments (200 GP)
    - Quick Runner's Shirt (1,000 GP)
    - Efficient Quiver (1,800 GP)
    - Eyes of the Eagle (+5 Perception, 2,500 GP)
    - Ring of Sustenance (2,500 GP)
    - Lesser Metamagic Rod (Silent Spell) (3,000 GP)

If there are funds remaining, Vershab could always use more Pearls of Power (1,000 GP).

The party should invest in additional Wands of Cure Light Wounds and a set of First Aid Gloves (4,500 GP) as party-loot, IMO.

5. - Top - End - #815

Quote Originally Posted by DarkOne7141981 View Post
    Wow, that is quite the eclectic mix of items for sale...
    I went by the book and rolled for random items as per the rules. Kind of a test for me, since I never do that usually. The result looks, suitably, all over the place....

We should sell a ton of stuff. I have taken some time and looked at the Google Document for our loot. Items highlighted in Red have already been used or sold and should be removed from the document (IMO). Items highlighted yellow should be sold, IMO. There should be a sizable bit of cash from such an exchange - can this be confirmed by Gwynfrid please?
    You don't have a problem selling the items at the usual 50 % discount. Exceptions are:
    - Poisons and drugs like mumia. You have to go against the law to sell those.
    - Items that qualify as antiques. Through Minnhotep, you might be able to command a higher price than for a regular magical trinket.

6. - Top - End - #816
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynfrid View Post
    You don't have a problem selling the items at the usual 50 % discount. Exceptions are:
    - Poisons and drugs like mumia. You have to go against the law to sell those.
    I'm seriously considering having Turi use poisons. I know they suck, but they could have useful effects. He's not concerned about the legality.

Are the drugs able to be applied via injury? If not, we should probably leave them with the authorities to dispose of. I don't have a solution for any of that.

7. - Top - End - #817

NecromancerGuy

I know you don't have much time of late, but there are some guides on poison out there. They never get good against undead, though...something to think about.

8. - Top - End - #818

Quote Originally Posted by Farmerbink View Post
    I'm seriously considering having Turi use poisons. I know they suck, but they could have useful effects. He's not concerned about the legality.
    It's easier to use them in a dungeon than sell them in a downtown shop, certainly.

Are the drugs able to be applied via injury? If not, we should probably leave them with the authorities to dispose of. I don't have a solution for any of that.
    You could apply them via injury but it would serve no combat purpose, because, in contrast to poisons, drugs take a long time to do serious harm. Short term, some of them would actually have a buff effect.

9. - Top - End - #819
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

For a variety of reasons, I am leaning toward having Azkin be a "plain old" cleric of Sarenrae. I hope to be able to finalize his setup this evening, and will be posting an RP post in any case.

10. - Top - End - #820

Let me know when I can review the level 7 character sheets?

11. - Top - End - #821
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Yeah... I don't know if I'm the worst offender here, but Lehasti should be review-ready. I should be "working from home" on the road tomorrow, so I might be able to grind through getting Azkin ready. We're driving up to see some friends this weekend, so I don't know if I'll be super responsive after tomorrow, though.

12. - Top - End - #822

Took a look at Lehasti's sheet. Remarks:
    - caster level 4
    - total attack bonus on falchion is +13, other weapons increase by +1 too
    - channel energy, 4d6 (as cleric; it scales on odd levels, while LoH does on even levels). Also: DC16.
    - I would pick a level 2 spell to prep in the morning.

13. - Top - End - #823

Turi:
    - he can't be flatfooted anymore, so this is mostly moot, but I think when flatfooted he has AC 16 and CMD 15.
    - need a level 7 feat
    - need a choice for Rogue's Edge
    - need a level 6 talent.

14. - Top - End - #824
    Titan in the Playground

I think one of us is missing something on the AC. I believe that armor, natural armor, and deflection would all apply to your flat-footed AC (5, 1, and 1 for Turi), and am not 100% sure what does and doesn't apply to CMD. Mind double-checking those numbers?

I've chosen unbalancing trick for my rogue 6 talent, and greater trip for my 7th-level feat, and escape artist for my rogue's edge (move action to escape from grapple ftw)

15. - Top - End - #825

NecromancerGuy

I will update this post when done, but I am planning to purge our spreadsheet of the "junk" we will want to sell to turn it into cash. 50% for all mundane loot and Magical Items, 100% for cash, 58% (as rolled in the Google Hangouts thread) for antiques.

Once a total is determined I will split the cash 4.5 ways (a half-portion for Azkin) to be divided between the PCs as desired by the players.

Edit: Our grand total (so far) is 29,300 GP, 7 SP, and 2 CP. Split as described each of us receive:

All PCs - 6,511 GP, 2 SP, and 7 CP.

Azkin (half-portion) - 3,255 GP, 6 SP, and 5 CP.

All players need to check our the Google Spreadsheet and note the remaining items in the "Loot to claim or sell" tab. If you want them, claim them. In particular there are lots of basic items that JWallyR should grab for Azkin and ranged weaponry that CleverDragon should grab for Calathon. Claim them and then let me know so I can update the spreadsheet while we all have time.

16. - Top - End - #826

NecromancerGuy

Sorry for the double post, but I am going to go ahead and take from my previous list and spend my cash as follows:

- Cracked Dusty Rose Prism Ioun Stone (500 GP, +1 Competence bonus to Initiative)
    - Traveler’s Any-Tool (250 GP)
    - Sleeves of Many Garments (200 GP)
    - Quick Runner's Shirt (1,000 GP)
    - Efficient Quiver (1,800 GP)
    - Eyes of the Eagle (+5 Perception, 2,500 GP)

Just in case no one decided to look into it...the party should invest in additional Wands of Cure Light Wounds and a set of First Aid Gloves (4,500 GP) as party-loot, IMO. We could sell more of the stuff that Grekka/Menedes had to fund these items.

17. - Top - End - #827
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

So I'm looking through loot, and if Calathon doesn't want the Seeking Composite Shortbow +1, it would probably make a great ranged back-up weapon for Lehasti (as opposed to her current option of a Sling). On the other hand, having it count against her WBL for a very much back-up option is questionable.

Ultimately, though, Calathon has dibs. If he wants it, he can have it; otherwise, Lehasti may claim it.

Edit: The Adaptive Longbow looks like an even better option for Lehasti's backup weapon, adding significantly more strength bonus to the damage. Dunno if Calathon is as interested as I am.
    Last edited by JWallyR; 2018-03-21 at 02:29 PM.

18. - Top - End - #828
    Titan in the Playground

I will check the sheet tonight. I have editing privileges, and will make time after dinner, damnit.

Can I get a simple yes/no as to whether it would be appropriate to "import" onto Turi things from Grekka that he would find useful? (The cloak of resistance is good, the magical bardiche not so much)

19. - Top - End - #829

NecromancerGuy

Vershab gives his approval.

20. - Top - End - #830
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

No argument from Lehasti or Azkin.

Semi-related: Do we have a firm total on shares of party loot? Do I need to total up Lehasti's existing wealth to figure out how much of her share is in free coin for purchase of magic items? There are of course several entry-level magic items which would be very helpful.

21. - Top - End - #831

NecromancerGuy

Bro, read my post five up from yours. It's the best I have seen and relies upon the rest of the players checking the spreadsheet. If you have done that, it is as accurate as anyone can manage.

22. - Top - End - #832

OK, I have been way behind in looking at what you guys were doing. Over this week-end (a long week-end in Canada) I have a bit more time to check it out.

I see you have reorganized the spreadsheet a bit:
    - The "party loot" tab lists the loot that's been claimed
    - The "loot to sell or claim" tab lists the things that are under discussion. This one has items claimed by Grekka or Menedes, which are now available to others. (Although it would behoove the group, especially the Lawful members, to think of their comrades' families).
    - The "sold loot" tab lists the stuff that can unequivocally be sold.
    - I renamed the final tab to "individual equipment". As I requested a couple of times, I would appreciate it if you could all list all your items in that tab, except those worth less than 200gp. This will allow me to assess the group's position relative to WBL and the PCs vs each other.

Turi is the only one reporting his equipment in this table. It shows a bit under 15000gp total. If we add the 6500 split of the cash from sold loot, that will leave him at 21500, a bit under expected WBL (23500 at level 7).

I'd like to see where the others stand on that scale. So, my requests are:
    - Please pick your choices in the "loot to sell or claim" tab. Can we agree that anything not claimed by, say, 1 week from now will be considered sold?
    - Consider purchases with the newly acquired cash, should you so wish.
    - Please list the full result under "individual equipment", including stuff you had prior to this loot sharing exercise.

Does the above make sense? Too much bookkeeping? Let me know. We could simplify things if that's the group consensus. I also wonder how much difference in character wealth consider OK. In my IRL group, there are people who are really attentive to that, and others who don't care. I tend to fall in the camp of keeping an eye on wealth balance, but if you want to shrug it off it's not a problem for me.

23. - Top - End - #833
    Barbarian in the Playground

Cal's HP roll: (I think I'm doing this right)
    (1d4+4)[6]
    Carrion Crown: Dice | IC-2 | Doc
    Ruins of Azlant: OOC | IC | Doc
    ~~~~~
    Calathon - Mummy's Mask

24. - Top - End - #834

Notes on character sheets below.

Calathon:
    - Bomb within 30' damage: 4d6+5
    - I think you should have (4 class +4 Int)*7 lvl +2 FCB = 58 skills ranks

Otherwise I think you're fine.

Turi:
    I think one of us is missing something on the AC. I believe that armor, natural armor, and deflection would all apply to your flat-footed AC (5, 1, and 1 for Turi), and am not 100% sure what does and doesn't apply to CMD. Mind double-checking those numbers?

I've chosen unbalancing trick for my rogue 6 talent, and greater trip for my 7th-level feat, and escape artist for my rogue's edge (move action to escape from grapple ftw)
    Sorry about the very slow answer on this one. I got it wrong, because I counted from your AC and CMD down, simply subtracting 5 for Dex. The good news is, it's your AC and CMD that are wrong, they should be 1 higher: The Dex bonus is wrongly counted as 4 instead of 5.

Another thing: It took me a while to retrace your trip combo, very nifty! Even more than you made it look, because I think you're shortchanging it a little bit. Your trip bonus should be +5 BAB +5 Dex (W. Finesse) + 2 Improved Trip +2 Greater Trip +1 kukri +1 Weapon Focus = +16.

Now for the bad news, I think your skill rank count is off. You should have 2*1 fighter + 8*6 rogue + 2 FCB + 0 Int = 52. You swapped Skilled for Heart of the Slums so you don't get a racial bonus.

Vershab:

Other than you haven't prepared all spells, I think I have no comment.

Lehasti:
    The sheet is fine. How about Azkin?

25. - Top - End - #835
    Titan in the Playground

Now for the bad news, I think your skill rank count is off. You should have 2*1 fighter + 8*6 rogue + 2 FCB + 0 Int = 52. You swapped Skilled for Heart of the Slums so you don't get a racial bonus.
    Aren't we using background skills?

That said, I still think I did something funky, and I'm not at all sure where. I've only got 8 background skill ranks that I see, rather than the 14 there should be.... I'll fix that, pending an answer to the first question.

26. - Top - End - #836

Aren't we using background skills?
    No. At least, none of the other characters (including Grekka) are. Background skills aren't mentioned in the 16, and I'm pretty sure I wasn't aware they existed back when we launched the AP.

That said, if a majority of players think this is a rule they would like to play, I don't mind adding it retroactively.

27. - Top - End - #837
    Titan in the Playground

Got it. I wonder how I got that so wrong. I must have built Turi with it when it wasn’t appropriate.

I’d be happy to include it, as I think skills are stupid broken and this seems to be a minor improvement to me. Still, I won’t press the issue.

28. - Top - End - #838
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

1) Azkin (Full Cleric) should be mechanically complete: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1542576

2) I'm 100% down with background skills. The default system seems to have basically 2 tiers of skill-users:
    Skill-monkey classes (rogues, rangers) and high-Int classes (wizards, etc.)

everybody else

Anything that allows the "everybody else" characters to not be 100% useless in any but 1 or 2 key skills, even if those end up being non-hyper-important combat skills is 100% ok in my book.

3) I find the DM proposals for loot to be satisfactory. That leaves me with the following to-do:
    Make purchases for Azkin and Lehasti
    Itemize existing loot + purchased loot

29. - Top - End - #839
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Ok, I made the following purchases with the provided loot values:

Lehasti - Belt of Giant's Strength +2 (4000 GP) and Amulet of Natural Armor +1 (2000)
    Azkin - Amulet of Natural Armor +1 (2000)

Their loot, including all items above 200 GP price (and a "Currency" category) are reflected on the loot tracker. I think I'm caught up (?!?), but feedback is welcome!

30. - Top - End - #840

NecromancerGuy

- I renamed the final tab to "individual equipment". As I requested a couple of times, I would appreciate it if you could all list all your items in that tab, except those worth less than 200gp. This will allow me to assess the group's position relative to WBL and the PCs vs each other.
    I will try to get to this sometime tonight or tomorrow. Work is crazy with deployment so soon and once home I am either exhausted or having to work on things in the new house (or both). My four-year old is also keeping me busy...

It should be done before the end of the week...I hope.