New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 24 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 719
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Farmerbink's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Texas, again!
    Gender
    Male

    Default The Isolation of the Others- IC


    The Isolation of the Others

    Having grown up in Falcon's Hollow, Flynn, Lucas, and Lorelei are all privy to the state of the local economy. Money flows in and around Falcon's Hollow, along with fingers and toes from the lumbering accidents; occasionally arms, legs, and heads join in, from the lumbering "accidents." Alaniel, from Carpenden, has less experience with such accidents, but more experience with the "opportunity" of law- namely the opportunity to abuse others in the name of it. The only thing more common during his upbringing than "paying time for the crime" is simply "paying for the crime." With the right greased palms, you can literally get away with murder.

    As you all know quite well, Andoran is known as a land of opportunity, though you have perhaps come to know better. Opportunity exists, to be sure, though not without its own risks and compromises.

    The nation of Isger (to the north) is in a state of unrest. As Eli can attest, recent famines have left the country crippled and it’s army all-but disbanded. Petty feudal lords with the ability to support their fiefdoms have claimed dominion, and the neutered royalty is powerless to rein them in. Worse yet, the kingdom of Molthune has noticed its neighbor’s weakness, and are hungry. The powers that be in Andoran and Druma are ill content to watch from the sideline as the Imperial Governor Markwin Teldas scoops up more territory, and find themselves drawn into the defense of their weak and poor neighbor, Isger.

    Molthune, little more than a fantasty in your minds, is said to be a land of militaristic opportunity. Where one has power, Molthune has money and pleasures aplenty. With military service comes land ownership and the potential of a life of luxury! They border Isger far to the north, with many miles of possibly perilous road in between.

    Druma is a land of a different kind of opportunity. The gem and precious metal mines located within it’s borders are famous across the known world. Where Molthune values military, Druma militarizes their money. The only thing more famous than “the drum” (a common name for the platinum piece, though the currency itself remains uncommon), is the Druman adherence to the “Kalistocracy.” The widely popular religion of the area involves several voluntary and personal prohibitions, including many sexual and dietary behaviors and any physical contact with those outside the cult. Their close proximity and easy access to the many Dwarven clans of the Five Kings Mountains has only built upon their natural resources.


  2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Isolation of the Others- IC

    "Well, I think we should head north towards Druma, first, then see if we can find a good buyer for these vegetables along the border with Isger. Eventually getting all the way to Molthune would be nice - I have heard good things about that country," Flynn says as he directs the wagon along the northwest road. "We can go around Darkwood Vale - I am not eager to see it again anytime soon - and follow the river much of the way. What do all of you say?"

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2013

    Default Re: The Isolation of the Others- IC

    Quote Originally Posted by Albinobrow View Post
    And Lucas, the art of fighting without weapons is the preferred way of Irori. If you wish to learn more about it, I would be happy to teach you.
    Lucas' attention pricks up at Eli's offer. "Thanks, Eli - maybe I'll take you up on that. Merek was showing me a thing or two before... I hope this business with the soldiers doesn't cause trouble for him or the monastery.."
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkOne7141981 View Post
    "Well, I think we should head north towards Druma, first, then see if we can find a good buyer for these vegetables along the border with Isger... What do all of you say?"
    Lucas nods at his friends' suggestion. "Those soldiers were from Almas, so going north sounds like a good idea. And I've heard the situation in Isger is pretty bad... not someplace we want to go if we can help it. So Druma it is! How about it, we can get you a real Druman firestone necklace - as long as you promise not to run off and join the Kalistocracy!" he teases Megan.

    After thinking a minute longer, though, he frowns. "That's what they'd probably expect, though. If they're looking for us they'll be watching the Droskar Pass, and they know what most of us look like. How can we get through without getting caught?"
    Spoiler: Active characters
    Show
    Waylan, Kestros and Auspice (Wrath of the Righteous)


    Lydia (Age of Worms - loot tracking)

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2015

    Default Re: The Isolation of the Others- IC

    "Expecting us or not, they'll be stretched thin to count the refugees from Isger. If the foothills aren't terribly rugged, we could try along that mountain range to the west. I'm concerned that that path will cost us the wagon, and our cover, however. Once we're clear, Eli and I can double back into Droskar for supplies. Another alternative could be to hide out until a merchant caravan comes along. There may be a strong market for foodstuffs in Isger, and definitely a strong bandit presence."
    My Characters

    Alaniel (Retired) Bob "O-Matic" Kern (Fallout) Hanzi Ivarisky (Giantslayer)

    Games I'm running
    Runelords


  5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Isolation of the Others- IC

    Somewhat relaxed by the increasing distance between the party and Falcon's Hollow, Lorelei looks up from her spellbook. I think we ought to be able to hold our own against a party of brigands... but I for one don't know how to repair a broken wagon.
    Lehasti Gesmeha and Azkin for Mummy's Mask
    Morevek for Wrath of the Righteous
    Janstina Silentall for Age of Worms

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Farmerbink's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Texas, again!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Isolation of the Others- IC

    The party takes to the northwestern road, and quickly leaves Falcon's Hollow behind into an ever-dwindling dark smudge on the horizon. The horses are well-rested to match their riders, and you all make good time. For a while.

    Within a few miles, it becomes apparent that there is little foot traffic between Isger and Andoran. Within about 3 miles, the road, previously brick and cobbles, dwindles to little more than a pair of dusty ruts plodding westward across the plains. For the time being, you continue to make effective progress- slow but steady, with your cart laden with root vegetables.

    The sun rises at your back, the road still following the meandering River Foam. In the distance, northward, you can see the fringes of the forest of Darkmoon Vale, and across the river to the south, miles of grassland, as far as the eye can see.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2014

    Default Re: The Isolation of the Others- IC

    Quote Originally Posted by MuffinMan View Post
    Lucas' attention pricks up at Eli's offer. "Thanks, Eli - maybe I'll take you up on that. Merek was showing me a thing or two before... I hope this business with the soldiers doesn't cause trouble for him or the monastery.."

    Lucas nods at his friends' suggestion. "Those soldiers were from Almas, so going north sounds like a good idea. And I've heard the situation in Isger is pretty bad... not someplace we want to go if we can help it."
    Eli nods at Lucas' potential acceptance of his offer. Then says The situation in Isger is very bad Lucas. Very bad indeed.


    Quote Originally Posted by JWallyR View Post
    I think we ought to be able to hold our own against a party of brigands... but I for one don't know how to repair a broken wagon.
    Nor do I. I agree with wanting to go to Druma, but if I may make a suggestion, we could avoid the mountains altogether and more than likely save the cart by making our way to Druma through Isger. It is not a happy place these days, but the road should be easier to travel.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Isolation of the Others- IC

    "Well good, then. For now we are in agreement - we travel northwards aiming at Druma by-way-of Isger. If you all want to stay in Druma, that is fine, but I think my goal will be Molthune, eventually," Flynn says as he leans back and gets comfortable in the seat of the cart. "We should keep traveling as long as we can stand it tonight and take turns sleeping if you cannot stay awake. Tomorrow night we can make camp with hopefully a full day's lead on anyone that might pursue us. Any arguments with that plan?"

    As the party discusses things Flynn takes out the parchment given to him by the sheriff and unrolls it curiously.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Farmerbink's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Texas, again!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Isolation of the Others- IC

    As Flynn unrolls the parchment, he is surprised when two other sheets of parchment fall into his lap. He quickly scoops them up and begins to scan them.

    Spoiler: Parchments from the sheriff
    Show
    The first sheet is exactly what the sheriff said it would be: a detailed list of the bags of vegetables, listing them as marketable goods in accordance with the laws of Andoran. The space where a buyer and seller would be listed are blank, as well as the destination.

    The second parchment appears to be a personal note, hastily scribbled by the sheriff.
    Spoiler: common info Re: Sheriff
    Show
    Deldrid Baleson was once married to Annalise Baleson, also a half-elf. When their child was born, common knowledge has it that both Annalise and the infant, Edrict died due to complications during the birthing. He lives across the street from the jail at Falcon’s Hollow, and is known to regularly ride his jet-black stallion, Moonshade. He claims the nightly rides help to calm his nerves.
    Please, when you fix the world, tell my story:
    "When my son was born, they said he had "the spark." He was a strong boy, and healthy. They tell me that he died in the night. I am convinced my wife did not die due to complications in childbirth; she was poisoned. She had already begun to recover from the ordeal when she took sick, and I could do nothing but watch her waste away. I work against them where I can, but there is only so much one man can do. Never forget that my son, Edrict, and my wife Annalise were murdered under the guise of 'protection.' It cannot be allowed, and most are blind to it, or powerless to stop it. Tell them all my story. Look for the sign. The Others will help you."


    The third and final parchment is a palm-sized scrap- almost overlooked as it fell from the bundle. It bears no words, only the symbol:
    Spoiler: parchment symbol
    Show

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2015

    Default Re: The Isolation of the Others- IC

    Alaniel notices he hasn't seen many refugees pass by. "Odd. I was expecting more people headed east away from Droskar. Crossing the border may be more difficult than we think." Alaniel does what he can to make the ride go smoother, checking spots ahead of the wagon for ditches and watching for animals and humanoids that may become aware of their passing.

    Spoiler: Skills
    Show
    I can roll dice if you wish, but was going to list my take-10s to speed things up. Perception: 18, Survival: 20, Ride: 18, Knowledge Nature: 14. Not attempting stealth due to the obviousness of the wagon.
    My Characters

    Alaniel (Retired) Bob "O-Matic" Kern (Fallout) Hanzi Ivarisky (Giantslayer)

    Games I'm running
    Runelords


  11. - Top - End - #11
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Isolation of the Others- IC

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Assuming we are still in our first night of traveling, I won't respond to Alaniel's comment yet. We won't see travelers in the middle of the night, most likely, but if they are absent in the day it would be noteworthy.

    After scanning the parchment letters Flynn passes them around and asks, "Does any of this mean something to anyone? 'The Others' or this symbol clearly refer to something or someone..."

    Spoiler: Knowledge Checks
    Show
    Knowledge (?) (1d20+2)[3] to recognize either the symbol or reference
    (Dungeoneering, Engineering, Planes, or Religion) are unchanged from the above result
    Everything else is +6 (non-Arcana) or +9 (Arcana)

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Isolation of the Others- IC

    As Lorelei reads the parchment, her expression shifts from a sympathetic sadness to stunned anger! Without a word, she passes the parchment on to the rest of the party.
    Lehasti Gesmeha and Azkin for Mummy's Mask
    Morevek for Wrath of the Righteous
    Janstina Silentall for Age of Worms

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2015

    Default Re: The Isolation of the Others- IC

    After reading the parchment, Alaniel is angered and saddened by the revelation. "How could someone do that to a child and his mother?" He then regards the symbol for a few moments, but does not reveal if he has ever seen it. He then passes the parchments to another.

    Spoiler: Knowledge checks
    Show
    (1d20)[17] Add 4 if related to Geography or Nature. Alaniel suspects it may be religious or nobility, but has no experience with such matters outside his own religion.
    My Characters

    Alaniel (Retired) Bob "O-Matic" Kern (Fallout) Hanzi Ivarisky (Giantslayer)

    Games I'm running
    Runelords


  14. - Top - End - #14
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2014

    Default Re: The Isolation of the Others- IC

    As Eli reads the parchment his only reaction is a slight furrowing of his brow. It seems there is a lot more to your friend the Sheriff than meets the eye. I'm sorry but I do not know what this symbol is, nor have I heard of The Others. He glances once more at the parchment before saying, I am guessing though that "the spark" his wife possessed may have something to do with magic. She might have been adept as you two are.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Farmerbink's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Texas, again!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Isolation of the Others- IC

    The dawn breaks, and the sun begins to rise at the back of the motley party. They tread onward, further from Falcon's Hollow, and the trees creep ever closer on their right flank as the river bends gently northward. The cart bounces in the ruts and divots of the unkempt road, the ride unpleasant for the driver. An hour after sunrise, Megan falls asleep outright- and slumps into Lucas' back.

    By midday, everyone is beginning to feel the wear of their long journey. Megan dozes in the cart, and the party has yet to lay eyes on another living soul. The miles plod wearily by, and the excitement of last night quickly evaporates in the warmth of the early spring sun.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Do you all plan to eat in the saddle, or make a brief break to take care of food and water? Does anyone have waterskins? Rations? If not, someone will have to make a survival check to forage or we'll talk about fishing in the river.

    Also, none of you recognize the sign. Obviously it is important, so you memorize the image, but for the time being, it doesn't ring any bells.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2015

    Default Re: The Isolation of the Others- IC

    While Alaniel has enough rations and water to last him a week, he didn't count on travelling with Megan or being on the run. Thus he wants to extend his rationed supplies a bit farther. The river's waters look like they might hold a source of food, that might even be able to be smoked and preserved, but he seriously doubts any makeshift smoker would we appropriate storage on the wagon while in use (fire hazard/terrain puts out smoker). While riding along the river he seems lost in thought, but is actively watching the river for signs of fish, trying to determine what type and if they would be edible.

    Spoiler: checks
    Show
    Ride while distracted: (1d20+8)[25]
    Take 20 on perception (multiple times observing for the same thing that has no negative consequence for "failing") 28
    Knowledge Nature to see if we can eat said fish species (or multiple species) Taking 10. 14
    Knowledge Nature to see if appropriate bait is nearby and easy to acquire Taking 10. 14

    Based on these checks, you can say "Alaniel says "We won't have enough supplies to make it past Droskar if we don't stop there. The river has X and X type of fish in it, and the bait for that or those fish is Y and Y. We should stop before we pass the river, gather some bait and catch some, at least for this dinner." Or if you feel like he hasn't succeeded in remembering details, let me know either here or in g-chat.
    My Characters

    Alaniel (Retired) Bob "O-Matic" Kern (Fallout) Hanzi Ivarisky (Giantslayer)

    Games I'm running
    Runelords


  17. - Top - End - #17
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Isolation of the Others- IC

    While they travel Flynn does his best to entertain everyone with stories, focusing on uplifting ones of heroes overcoming great odds as they travel and see amazing things. Around noon he says, "We should take a break, water and feed the horses, and have something to eat ourselves. Let's find a good spot to rest, but not for too long - maybe an hour at most." He then looks for a good spot to stop, preferring somewhere the party can see approaching travelers while having good access to the river and fresh water.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Isolation of the Others- IC

    As the wagons come to a stop, the mention of food causes Lorelei to notice the sudden rumbling of hunger in her stomach. After a moment's thought, she says to nobody in particular, I don't suppose anybody is going to mind if we dip into the vegetable stores along the way... although some fish or wild fowl might be nice. She looks around the area before pulling out her crossbow and leveling it at nothing in particular.
    Lehasti Gesmeha and Azkin for Mummy's Mask
    Morevek for Wrath of the Righteous
    Janstina Silentall for Age of Worms

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2013

    Default Re: The Isolation of the Others- IC

    Lucas hops out of the wagon as it pulls to a halt and retrieves his javelins. "If you want to try the river, Alaniel, I'll see if I can turn up any game or edible fruits. Lorelei, will you get a small fire going in case we catch anything? I'll be right back." Kissing Megan goodbye, he stalks off into the countryside, looking for animal tracks and signs of edible plants the way Lee and the Watch taught him.
    Spoiler: Skill checks
    Show
    Survival (1d20+5)[21]
    Hopefully these aren't needed, but just in case
    Perception (1d20+5)[7]
    Stealth (1d20+8)[23]
    Spoiler: Active characters
    Show
    Waylan, Kestros and Auspice (Wrath of the Righteous)


    Lydia (Age of Worms - loot tracking)

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Farmerbink's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Texas, again!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Isolation of the Others- IC

    As Lucas prowls into the surrounding grasslands, Alaniel looks at the stream, curiously. He retrieves a few sticks nearby, a nail from the cart, and some twine- previously used to tie a bag shut. While he works by the riverbank, Lorelei takes a few potatoes from the now opened bag, and slices them into discs. Flynn and Megan scrape an area by the road clear, and assemble enough dry branches to get a small fire going. Before too long, Alaniel as succeeded at fishing up a pair of small river trout, which he cleans and places on a small flat stone in the center of the fire.

    It takes Lucas more than the aforementioned hour before he returns, but when he returns, he brings with him 3 quail, caught and butchered. He lays them on the flat stone as the party finishes their trout, and within another handful of minutes, the meager fat has rendered from the quail, and the party eats a hearty meal. A significant portion of the quail remains after the group has eaten their fill.

    All in all, two hours later and somewhat rejuvenated, the group douses the fire, wraps the remaining quail in a strip of burlap, saddles up, and heads onward. The horses seem somewhat rested, though before long you're able to tell that the two drawing the cart, in particular, are a little sluggish.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Isolation of the Others- IC

    Flynn, noticing the horses' fatigue, encourages them as best he can and says, "Tomorrow morning we must remember to switch the horses drawing the cart. We can stop again as dusk approaches and probably light a fire as well - unless we see signs of pursuit I think we can be confident that we are safe enough." He then looks around for either some carrots or apples to share a treat with the horses to help motivate the animals.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2015

    Default Re: The Isolation of the Others- IC

    Alaniel notices that the women don't seem to find any trail rations when we stop, and decides that he will need to fish tonight as well "I suggest that when we stop for the night, we pull the wagon well out of sight of the road and closer to the river if possible, and that we do not pass the mouth of the river today. I'll take first watch when we stop, if there are no objections, and fish then. Hopefully with more time, I can improve our stores." Alaniel then gets in the cart to get some sleep before they leave. At sundown or the next time they stop, he will do some fishing (for a lot longer than this brief stop) and hopefully have a bit more luck, and try to set up a smoker to smoke the fish for the rest of the night. He has almost gotten comfortable when he bolts upright and motions Flynn over.

    Spoiler: Whispers to Flynn
    Show
    "I don't want to alarm anyone, but we've been the only people on this road. We're the only group making tracks on this road. Meaning someone with sufficient skill could follow us. We should slow down tomorrow so I can try to wipe out the tracks behind us...or add more in other and confusing directions."


    Spoiler: Survival And 1st watch stuff
    Show
    Attempt to conceal tracks from the wagon pulling off the road. Survival +10: (1d20+10)[21]

    Perception + 8 checks for the watch (I'll create a bank so you can pick which you use and what happens when) 1. (1d20+8)[15] 2. (1d20+8)[14] 3. (1d20+8)[16] 4. (1d20+8)[19] 5. (1d20+8)[15] 6. (1d20+8)[11] 7. (1d20+8)[28] 8. (1d20+8)[11] 9. (1d20+8)[25] 10. (1d20+8)[20]

    Survival +10 for fishing: (1d20+10)[12]

    Last edited by Shadowsend; 2015-01-25 at 12:48 AM.
    My Characters

    Alaniel (Retired) Bob "O-Matic" Kern (Fallout) Hanzi Ivarisky (Giantslayer)

    Games I'm running
    Runelords


  23. - Top - End - #23
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Isolation of the Others- IC

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsend View Post
    Spoiler: Whispers to Flynn
    Show
    "I don't want to alarm anyone, but we've been the only people on this road. We're the only group making tracks on this road. Meaning someone with sufficient skill could follow us. We should slow down tomorrow so I can try to wipe out the tracks behind us...or add more in other and confusing directions."
    "We have enough people to set two people on each watch. I will stand this one with you, Alaniel - that way if one falls asleep the other can wake him," Flynn says, stepping away from the rest of the party to respond to Alaniel's whisper.

    Spoiler: Not Whispered, but Not Deliberately Loudly
    Show
    "I don't feel like hiding the truth from our allies - this trip likely won't be easy and I do expect we will have to defend ourselves at some point. If you want to try and hide our tracks go ahead, but the threat of bandits worries me more, frankly. Megan probably cannot defend herself, yet, and we have the horses to worry about too. For now, do what you can to keep us safe and I will work with the rest to see if we can be ready when trouble hits..." Flynn yawns, the long day and night finally showing. "This won't be my first time staying up so long, but it is never my first choice. At least I will sleep soundly when we are relieved."

    Walking back to the rest of the company he finds Lucas and Megan. "We should talk. When we are attacked - either by bandits, more soldiers, or something else - Megan needs to be prepared to help defend the group. Can you use a crossbow or shortbow?" he asks her earnestly.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Farmerbink's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Texas, again!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Isolation of the Others- IC

    Megan's eyes widen at Flynn's suggestion. I- I... I've never had to use anything like that before... but I could learn. Do you really think I'm going to need to fight?

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2014

    Default Re: The Isolation of the Others- IC

    Eli helps set up camp with everyone. How long do you wish to stand watch? I can take the next shift.

    Megan if you wish to stay here with Lucas, you must learn to defend yourself. Everyone here is wanted. They will be looking for us. And even though we will be here also, it will be wise to learn how to defend yourself.
    Last edited by Albinobrow; 2015-01-25 at 01:14 PM.

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Isolation of the Others- IC

    Quote Originally Posted by Farmerbink View Post
    Megan's eyes widen at Flynn's suggestion. I- I... I've never had to use anything like that before... but I could learn. Do you really think I'm going to need to fight?
    Flynn nods somberly, saying, "Yes, most likely. Tomorrow we will start teaching you the shortbow, using mine, unless you and Lucas think of something better. We are starting through country that may include bandits at the least, and every pair of hands need to be ready to help defend. I am sorry - let me know which you decide in the morning."

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2013

    Default Re: The Isolation of the Others- IC

    Lucas puts an arm around Megan's shoulder in an effort to be reassuring. "Don't worry - it probably won't come to that. But it'll simple, if you want to start with a bow or crossbow, I can show you!" He scowls over her head at Flynn for frightening her.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    @Rob, I think you mean 'Lucas' but you've said 'Lee' in your last few posts!
    Spoiler: Active characters
    Show
    Waylan, Kestros and Auspice (Wrath of the Righteous)


    Lydia (Age of Worms - loot tracking)

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Isolation of the Others- IC

    Quote Originally Posted by Albinobrow View Post
    Eli helps set up camp with everyone. How long do you wish to stand watch? I can take the next shift.
    "We have six, counting Megan, right? We should plan on two shifts per night and rotate so a pair sleep the whole night through without interruption. I will come wake you shortly before midnight," Flynn answers, ignoring Lucas' glare.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Farmerbink's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Texas, again!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Isolation of the Others- IC

    As the party breaks down to make camp, Megan turns back to Lucas. I guess I can learn how to fight. Which is easier, a bow or a crossbow? (after Lucas' answer that crossbow is simpler to use) Megan gets an unusual gleam in her eye. Than I'd like to learn how to fire a bow. I know I'm string enough to do it, so it's just a matter of practice, right? Can we start tonight? If I must learn, the sooner will be better.

    Alaniel makes efforts to cover your tracks for the last hour or two before you all stop for the night. There is plenty of game left over from the afternoon's hunting and fishing; the evening's meal is perhaps slightly less exciting, but still filling and nourishing.

    It's a few hours before sunset proper once camp has been made. If you want to do anything else tonight, post it. Otherwise, Eli has volunteered for 2nd watch, but you will need one more to sit up with him, by Flynn's suggestion.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Isolation of the Others- IC

    Lorelei gives Megan a vaguely-impressed nod. Turning, she addresses Flynn: If it's all the same to you, I'm a little restless, and I doubt I'll be asleep by the time the second watch rolls around anyway. Could I take the first watch with Alaniel?
    Lehasti Gesmeha and Azkin for Mummy's Mask
    Morevek for Wrath of the Righteous
    Janstina Silentall for Age of Worms

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •