New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default Help with a build

I'm trying to come up with a good wizardy build, but I don't often play casters and need some help.

My DM told me to make an ECL 1 character with 30 point buy, and I want a sort of dominating wizard type. I know it's possible to play a straight-up wizard, but I don't really want to do that. I just think there are too many cool prestige classes. Problem is, there are too many cool prestige classes and I have no idea where to go with him. Any help?

"True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost." -Arthur Ashe

Villainous Monsters, providing a list of worthy opponents for use in any OGL game: monsters with PC levels

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: Help with a build

Archmage is the staple, traditional wizard prestige class form what I know. Spend you points on INT then DEX and CON. Don't go direct damage, and choose smart spells that let you control the battle.
    Ceika is amazing, because she made my Yuna avie. Yay Ceika!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

As much as I think it'd be cool if we played that long, I doubt we'll get to 12th level. Besides, I could get an entire other 5-level prestige before then. But I do like the Archmage, so I'll probably go that way if we get that far.

"True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost." -Arthur Ashe

Villainous Monsters, providing a list of worthy opponents for use in any OGL game: monsters with PC levels

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

How about wiz3/master spec10/archmage x?
    Thanks to Ceika for the awsome Flamebringer avatar.

As Captain Leif Meldrock says in "Mars Needs Lumberjacks": "I'm ready for anything!"

Thanks to Baboon Army for the great Evermore avatar.