A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 383
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    I honestly have no idea
    Gender
    Male

    Default The Divine Forge - IC II

    For the Mournland Watch, it was only the beginning.

    They have yet to understand what they have started... But soon enough, they will...

    I have seen it.

    Games of shadow in motion.

    Preludes to war. The generals desire power.

    The price of power is death.

    And all the while... the true master watches from the sidelines...

    Waiting...

    Prehysterical & Sir Grave presents...

    The Divine Forge: Blade Wars

    Spoiler: Spiker - The Lord of Blades
    Show
    Clang!

    Clang!

    Clang!

    Clang!

    Sparks fly. Molten iron. Metal is shaped.

    SSSSSS... the cooling of steel.

    Clang! Clang! Clang!

    SCREEEEEEECH...!

    The grindstone screams in the air as blades are sharpened.

    CLANG!

    CLANG!

    CLANG!

    Piles of weapons. Men of metal, working metal.

    Wotan leads the soulforged (Spiker) through the caverns underground. Below the Mournlands. Where warforged are hard at work to smith.

    They arm themselves.

    They gear for war.

    Deeper they go... into a great mine...

    CLANG! CLANG! CLANG!

    They dig, swinging mighty pickaxes to collect ore.

    Fires burn, illuminating everything.

    You approach a lone figure... an imposing sight to behold. Razor sharp spikes and knives decorate his body like a work of artistry. His sword-like wings expand. His six-bladed weapon he carries like a staff, gripping it firmly inn his metal fist. Wotan bows his head.

    “My lord.”

    The figure turns to look upon his visitors with deep red eyes.

    “This is the one you spoke of?”

    “Yes.”

    He faces you, looking down upon you and smiling.

    “So... Spiker. I’ve heard of your exploits... and I am impressed.”

    He places a clawed hand upon his chest.

    “I am Bulwark. You may know me as the Lord of Blades.

    “Wotan tells me you only seek partnership. I am in no way opposed... In fact, I am always happy to help a fellow sister in need.

    “After all... we have a common enemy.”



    Clang! Clang! Clang! Clang!

    Halberd hammers away from within the courtyard of the Gray Keep....

    Clang! Clang! Clang! Clang!

    Harder with each strike... the blade shudders with every blow...

    CLANG! CLANG! CLANG! CLANG!

    Remembering it all... He brought Endbringer down upon the Book... A flash of white...

    CLANG! CLANG! CLANG! CLANG!

    As long as she lives... I will win.

    CLANG! CLANG! CLANG! CRACK!!!!

    Halberd stopped. Looking down, he saw the sword he was forging sundered into pieces...

    Laucian enters, Endbringer wrapped neatly in a sheet of fabric.

    "...I am sorry, friend. I do not posses the power to repair this blade. I'm not sure anyone can."


    Spoiler: Nivali - The Search
    Show
    Fwoosh... Fwoosh.. Fwoosh... Fwoosh...

    A silver, winged beast circled the dull air of the mournlands for a landing... below, a ruined structure that was once the Shrine. It was now rubble and dust. There is no way in.

    The dragon landed with a heavy THOOM before the remains of the statue, which was destroyed even before the Shrine. The beast crouhced low, allowing another to dismount.

    Nivali.

    The dragon (Namhias) lifted his mighty head and studied the rocky remains.

    "Your people would not have come this way, if they survived," he stated.



    Spoiler: Eruvia - Expecting someone
    Show
    Another evening in New Cyre.

    The Longbow is open.

    The one-eyed warforged bartender tends to the bar. Grez the shifter assists, begrudgingly.

    One enters alone and takes a seat at one of the center tables.

    Enter: ERUVIA.

    Grez gawks, unable to keep his eyes away. "Hot damn."

    Longbow nudges Grez roughly in the shoulder. "Focus. Manage the bar."

    The warforged walks up to the table in which she sits. "Good evening, miss. What can I do for you?"

    (Describe your character.)
    Very busy these days and so posting will be sparse.

    Extended Sig.

    Lady Cordelia of Grimmfell Avatar created by yours truly.

    Spoiler: Full image
    Show

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Keledrath's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    GMT -5
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: The Divine Forge - IC II

    Spoiler: Hi there Bladey
    Show
    Spiker's eyes move over the warforged present, counting, judging, theorizing.
    The hunter's words have led us to believe you may be an ally in our mission. You seem to have the resources we need. Will you commit to our mission?
    Her tone is almost wooden, simply stating facts. The incarnum axe in her hands pulses in rhythm with her speech, however.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

    Shadeblight by KennyPyro

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2010

    Default Re: The Divine Forge - IC II

    Spoiler: Description
    Show

    In the human guise she most often dons, Eruvia looks like a perfect duplicate of her true, demonic form, but without the fiendish features. Sharp features, high cheek bones, piercing emerald eyes, full ruby lips, and a relaxed, cheery smile almost make her seem like royalty, but if not, clearly at least someone of high birth. Like most of her kind, she stands fairly tall, compared to most humans, at 6 feet even. She isn't entirely lacking in muscle, but what little she does have isn't plainly visible. What is plain to see is her smooth, alabaster skin, waist length pitch-black hair, and generous bosom.

    Perhaps most striking, however, is her dress. More suited for a fey queen than a woman in a bar, the backless black dress is elegantly designed, but also seems as if it is backless no matter which way it is worn, the front having a v-neck that goes to just below her navel and separates again just past her waist. From her chest up, the dress is frilled with feathers the color of midnight, and where the dress trails the ground, solid shadows seem to roll off of it.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    I tried to word that delicately. 50gp if anyone can tell me whose dress I decided to model/recolor Eruvia's from.



    Spoiler: I'll have a Gin and Soul, on the rocks.
    Show

    Unable to not catch Grez' gawking, Eruvia has to consciously suppress the urge to grin in amusement at how simple minded the mortals can be and pretends to not notice him. Instead, she smiles at the warforged in greeting, analyzing him and mentally running through a variety of scenarios about how a warforged might come to end up running a bar for the second before she answers his question in a polite tone. "A glass of wine while I wait would be lovely, if you have any. I'm supposed to meet a friend here, Brent, but I appear to be early."
    Last edited by Desril; 2015-01-22 at 06:13 PM.
    Lilith Avatar by AsteriskAmp

    Other Character Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

    . . . . . .
    Setsuna by Kymme | Desril by Wolfshonor | Eruvia (no background) by Oneris

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Prehysterical's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lawton, OK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Divine Forge - IC II

    Halberd's frustration has been mounting for quite some time. His own efforts to repair Endbringer have come to no good. Eventually, he had handed the blade over to the others, hoping that their magic could do what metal could not.

    Laucian's words make him pause for a few seconds, before he gives a metallic roar in rage. His adamantine fist slams down onto the blade he had already ruined, shattering it into fine metal shards. Disgusted, he throws the hilt away into a deserted corner.

    "There must be a way. There has to be. We just haven't looked hard enough. And there's no way I'm going to bring her to the Forge. That's exactly what He wants us to do."

    Stepping forward to gently take the blade from Laucian, Halberd asks, "...How are you feeling, girl?"
    Last edited by Prehysterical; 2015-01-22 at 05:03 PM.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Denial
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Divine Forge - IC II

    Spoiler: A Study in Ebony
    Show
    "No, they would not."

    Nivali looked up at the mound of rubble and squinted her eyes in a vague attempt to puzzle out from what remained the original facade of the shrine. She had never been there before, nor had the majority of her peers. The upper reaches of the shrine were a forbidden area patrolled only by the select home guard, or those deemed least likely to escape. A remnant of the last who knew the Dead God's name, it was a treacherous place prone often to rockfalls and spontaneous structural failure even before the shrine's final destruction.

    "There would have been neither the guidance nor the manpower to raise so many from the deep. They must have taken a back door, though I know not where it opens. "
    Last edited by Oneris; 2015-01-23 at 04:43 AM.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    I honestly have no idea
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Divine Forge - IC II

    Quote Originally Posted by Prehysterical View Post
    Halberd's frustration has been mounting for quite some time. His own efforts to repair Endbringer have come to no good. Eventually, he had handed the blade over to the others, hoping that their magic could do what metal could not.

    Laucian's words make him pause for a few seconds, before he gives a metallic roar in rage. His adamantine fist slams down onto the blade he had already ruined, shattering it into fine metal shards. Disgusted, he throws the hilt away into a deserted corner.

    "There must be a way. There has to be. We just haven't looked hard enough. And there's no way I'm going to bring her to the Forge. That's exactly what He wants us to do."

    Stepping forward to gently take the blade from Laucian, Halberd asks, "...How are you feeling, girl?"
    "Probably better than that sword you... um... smashed." Despite Endbringer's lighthearted attitude behind her voice, the fact that she's concerned for Halberd's obsession is all but apparent.

    Laucian shakes his head. "You have to understand: We're not just dealing with an object here. This is the work of gods. Powers beyond our understanding. Mortals aren't meant to know these things, lest what we do with the knowledge can be disastrous. You know this by now.
    "The blade may be fractured, but it's damage does not seem to be getting worse. Whatever happened when you attempted to sunder the book was a result of the energies released. Not your own strength. Therefore I can surmise that Endbringer is in no immediate danger. Unless you count- Ngh..."


    The artificer clutches his head, his face turns pale, his eyes widen. "No. NO. NO NO NO!!! SHUT UP!!"

    It takes a moment of silence before Laucian composes himself. He breathes heavily. Hands shake.

    "...I'm sorry... heh...
    "...Lot's going on...
    "...Where was I?"

    Quote Originally Posted by Keledrath View Post
    Spoiler: Hi there Bladey
    Show
    Spiker's eyes move over the warforged present, counting, judging, theorizing.
    The hunter's words have led us to believe you may be an ally in our mission. You seem to have the resources we need. Will you commit to our mission?
    Her tone is almost wooden, simply stating facts. The incarnum axe in her hands pulses in rhythm with her speech, however.
    Spoiler: Spiker - Tell me... more.
    Show
    The Lord of Blades' eyes gleam. "Indeed. Why else would you think I called for you? Ah... Wotan. Catch up for lost time with your brothers and sisters, will you?"

    Wotan, puzzled, nods. "...Of course, my Lord." He turns and exits.

    The Lord turns away, looking to the warforged hard at work. "...All who have spoken with me of their stories have been wronged by the world, simply for being what they are. These sorrowful tales tell of enslavement... bigotry... abuse... even extermination.
    "Your tale... at least from what I've heard from Wotan... is intriguing.
    "I would like to hear it from your lips."


    Quote Originally Posted by Desril View Post
    Spoiler: Description
    Show

    In the human guise she most often dons, Eruvia looks like a perfect duplicate of her true, demonic form, but without the fiendish features. Sharp features, high cheek bones, piercing emerald eyes, full ruby lips, and a relaxed, cheery smile almost make her seem like royalty, but if not, clearly at least someone of high birth. Like most of her kind, she stands fairly tall, compared to most humans, at 6 feet even. She isn't entirely lacking in muscle, but what little she does have isn't plainly visible. What is plain to see is her smooth, alabaster skin, waist length pitch-black hair, and generous bosom.

    Perhaps most striking, however, is her dress. More suited for a fey queen than a woman in a bar, the backless black dress is elegantly designed, but also seems as if it is backless no matter which way it is worn, the front having a v-neck that goes to just below her navel and separates again just past her waist. From her chest up, the dress is frilled with feathers the color of midnight, and where the dress trails the ground, solid shadows seem to roll off of it.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    I tried to word that delicately. 50gp if anyone can tell me whose dress I decided to model/recolor Eruvia's from.



    Spoiler: I'll have a Gin and Soul, on the rocks.
    Show

    Unable to not catch Grez' gawking, Eruvia has to consciously suppress the urge to grin in amusement at how simple minded the mortals can be and pretends to not notice him. Instead, she smiles at the warforged in greeting, analyzing him and mentally running through a variety of scenarios about how a warforged might come to end up running a bar for the second before she answers his question in a polite tone. "A glass of wine while I wait would be lovely, if you have any. I'm supposed to meet a friend here, Brent, but I appear to be early."
    Spoiler: Eruvia - Who now?
    Show
    "Certainly, miss. I'll get right on it... wait... Brent? As in Brent Gallows? Loudmouth, get's into a lot of trouble? Your his friend...? He has friends?"


    Quote Originally Posted by Oneris View Post
    Spoiler: A Study in Ebony
    Show
    "No, they would not."

    Nivali looked up at the mound of rubble and squinted her eyes in a vague attempt to puzzle out from what remained the original facade of the shrine. She had never been there before, nor had the majority of her peers. The upper reaches of the shrine were a forbidden area patrolled only by the select home guard, or those deemed least likely to escape. A remnant of the last who knew the Dead God's name, it was a treacherous place prone often to rockfalls and spontaneous structural failure even before the shrine's final destruction.

    "There would have been neither the guidance nor the manpower to raise so many from the deep. They must have taken a back door, though I know not where it opens. "
    Spoiler: Nivali - It gon' rain cats and dogs... maybe literally
    Show
    Rumbling can be heard in the distance... you see a strange billowing cloud forming on the horizon, coming fast.

    "Hrm... We should find shelter. The arcane energies that reside here are somewhat... unpredictable."
    Very busy these days and so posting will be sparse.

    Extended Sig.

    Lady Cordelia of Grimmfell Avatar created by yours truly.

    Spoiler: Full image
    Show

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Prehysterical's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lawton, OK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Divine Forge - IC II

    Halberd looks at Laucian coldly. In a firm, quiet voice, he says, "If you're hearing voices, Laucian, I need to know. Right now."

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Keledrath's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    GMT -5
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: The Divine Forge - IC II

    Spoiler: You asked for it...
    Show
    Spiker cold glare falls upon the great machine man before her. Her voice is as monotone as before
    Merrix created this one in the forge beneath Sharn. She was scared. Alone. His experiments were painful. She shall speak.
    Suddenly, Spiker's posture breaks. She slumps, but remains standing. Suddenly, her voice contains inflection and tone previously absent.
    Tell me...Do you believe that we have souls, Bulwark?
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

    Shadeblight by KennyPyro

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2010

    Default Re: The Divine Forge - IC II

    Spoiler: His reputation precedes him.
    Show

    Eruvia's smile turns into a light chuckle at the bartender's words. "It seems you've met, but I can see how he'd be annoying to most. He did say he had a friend who was supposed to be with him tonight, so I can't be alone in finding him amusing. But since you know him, I don't suppose you know where he is?"
    Lilith Avatar by AsteriskAmp

    Other Character Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

    . . . . . .
    Setsuna by Kymme | Desril by Wolfshonor | Eruvia (no background) by Oneris

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Denial
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Divine Forge - IC II

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Grave View Post
    Spoiler: Nivali - It gon' rain cats and dogs... maybe literally
    Show
    Rumbling can be heard in the distance... you see a strange billowing cloud forming on the horizon, coming fast.

    "Hrm... We should find shelter. The arcane energies that reside here are somewhat... unpredictable."
    Spoiler: With All Due Respect...
    Show

    The storm front that wasn't there before crackled menacingly with acid and fire and a few other elements that one would not normally expect to find in a storm. Like a salad indecisive between Caesar or fruit, it promised to rain an eclectic destruction of clashing tastes upon whosoever dared to test it.

    "The only shelter that could weather this tempest lies beneath those stones. I supposed I could take on a temporary form nimble enough to pass between the crevices, as could you. Would you say that is wise....?"


    She looked up at the silvery dragon. The absent appellation hung in the air expectantly.
    Last edited by Oneris; 2015-01-23 at 03:59 PM.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    I honestly have no idea
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Divine Forge - IC II

    Quote Originally Posted by Prehysterical View Post
    Halberd looks at Laucian coldly. In a firm,

    quiet voice, he says, "If you're hearing voices, Laucian, I need to know. Right now."
    "Ah... It's... not really like that..."

    Laucian composes himself.

    "I had the githzerai perform a psycho-analysis of my mind... to see if there were any remanants of... well, you know...
    "...But the voices I'm hearing... They aren't real...
    "...It's just trauma. Completely--"

    The northern doors swing open, Oren, Briar, and Lukon enter, looking at Halberd and Laucian expectedly.

    "Hey, have either of you two seen Kalim? We can't find him anywhere.""

    The southern enterence slams against the walls. Sorra looks pissed.

    "SOMEONE... TOOK... MY DRESS."

    Quote Originally Posted by Desril View Post
    Spoiler: His reputation precedes him.
    Show

    Eruvia's smile turns into a light chuckle at the bartender's words.

    "It seems you've met, but I can see how he'd be annoying to most. He did say he had a friend who was supposed to be with him tonight, so I can't be alone in finding him amusing. But since you know him, I don't suppose you know where he is?"
    Spoiler: Eruvia & Kalim - Guess who's back...
    Show


    "Hmm..."

    Longbow ponders for a moment.

    "... You know, I heard the strangest rumor... That Brent was--"

    WHAM! The doors swing wide open.

    "Eruvia!"

    In steps the "human" Brent Gallows, big smile on his face.

    "Eruvia, my lady-friend, my angel, my future wife! How's it been?"

    From behind him you see... Kalim (OOC: Not that you know it's Kalim, Yas why don't you describe what you look like?)

    Longbow's eyes narrow. "...I suppose the rumors were... exaggerated..."

    He pulls up a seat, gesturing to Kalim. "Heya, Longbow. Me and my ah... associate here will have what she's having. My associate is buying."

    "...Three glasses of wine."

    "Yeah, that. Oh, your best, of course. And leave us the bottle."

    "...right." The warforged heads back the bar, and begins digging out some glasses.

    Spoiler: 3 weeks ago...
    Show

    After asking some of his men and Lady Sorra about the whereabouts of the Wrymslayer, Kalim knocks on the door of one of the rooms that the paladin resides in.

    Sir Grave, may I come in?

    Kalim finds himself in a large room, ahead of him, Grave in prayer, before an altar of Bahamut.

    He finishes, then turns to the thief.

    "Yes. Kalim. What can I do for you?"

    The door is opened. And Kalim walks in, missing his turban, hair nevertheless spikier.

    I come bearing grave news. Cynric had valiantly died on the field.

    Grave raised an eyebrow. "...I see.

    "Then I take it you are aware that it wasn't Cynric at all?


    "That it was, in fact, a shapechanger?"

    Kalim shrugs and crosses his arms.

    I had my suspicions when he did not flinch the day I warn him about the rumours of a monster plaguing the company. I found out during our rapport into the depths.

    He tenses, shaking his head. Then, he levels him with a glare.

    What is your game? Why do you let him penetrate your ranks even after knowing he is a defect and taking Cynric's shape? Why do you let him continue the investigation, knowing that he is toying with you and your men?

    "I didn't know until a certain... someone... warned me about the creature. By then, I was not able to contact you in time."

    Kalim is still fixated.

    Who is that "someone"?

    The doors slam open from behind Kalim. In steps...

    Brent Gallows.

    "Hey, Sir Gravy! You got any ale in this joint?"

    He locks eyes with Kalim.

    "...What, you're still alive?"

    Acknowledging his presence but not greeting the rat, his death is too good to be true if the rat was claimed by the snake. Apparently, the rat had holed up itself in his hole then report to the lion or the snake have too many skins to shed. First, the herald is alive, now that bastard Brent. If there is a scale for measure his anger from "annoyed goblins" to "one pissed off Tarrasque", Kalim is on the latter. Yet, he casually block the rage from seeping out behind a cool demeanour in fear of showing weakness.

    I see. Misdirection. It is not surprising that "he" would employ something so deceptive like crafting a solid dead image of Mr. Gallows or was it a trick that he (Brent) learned? Or maybe we didn't check the body, allowing it to receive healing. Or he could be feigning. Or he's hiding and ran with his tail between his legs. The possibilities were endless. But you were informed. And I assume Mr Gallows took the cowardly way out instead of coming to our aid. It is very much like him. Is there anything else beside that piece of information that you kept from us?

    "Oh, WOW, you're an absolute moron. THE BODY WAS CYNRIC! Who by the way, was not what he seemed. Isn't that right, mr. Saint?"

    Grave rolled his eyes. "Would you kindly stop yelling?"

    "Yeah. The entire time YOU were in the shrine, I'VE been doing my research. And guess what? Cynric was a bloody Inquisitor from the IOS! That's right. The Inquisition of the Sun? Meaning Pelor? The guy was involved with SOOO many purges in the past. And he was the lead man hunting the alias known as 'Raven.' You know what I'm talking about. The pale, skinny, purple eyed freak. It was ALL hush hush. Do you all know how much trouble you guys are in?"


    Perhaps your associate could grace us with more healthy loaves. Those old loaves have already been fed to me by someone more angelic than him (Brent). And what could your associate even possibly know about 'Raven' when that knowledge is more or less common?

    Inward, he is laughing. Outward, he half feigns disbelief.

    Brent Gallow? The notorious burglar of the Shadowsnitch Brotherhood? A member of the Sharn's prestige thief guild? Shamelessly alive?

    Kalim exaggerates his act, jumping up and down. He flips away from Brent, extending his arms as if showcasing an exhibit to an audience.

    How can a dead man wield a dead name? Can your associate proof to me that he is indeed the Brent Gallow? I have been running with doubles since the beginning of our quest. Please tell me that he is not a fake.

    "Yes. He is Brent. Though he's not what he seems either."

    Brent raises his finger. "NAH-AH! No spoilers!"

    "There's no room for your games, trickster. Do I need to contact your mistress?"


    "..."

    Brent goes silent.

    He then smiles. "...Heh."

    Suddenly, he changes shape....

    ... A changelng.

    "...Ta-dah.

    "See, kid... I don't really work for the Guild. Or the Aurum. Or anyone you've seen me with.

    "I'm a Cabinet Trickster.


    "Have you heard any rumors about us?"

    ...

    Bwahahahahahahahahaha!

    He stops, catching his breath.

    Bwahahahahahahahaha! I am sorry. But you can't be Brent. You just changed your skin colour. That makes you less than him. Coupled with that behaviour, I think you entitled yourself to being a brat since you called me a kid. Ahahahaha. Even I cannot imagine that you accomplished all those deeds while acting like that. I cannot. Ahahahaha.

    He looks at the changeling, tears leaking profusely.

    Cabinet Trickster? What? Do you clean the cabinets? Trick the cabinets for your amusement? Hahahaha.

    "I am Brent. And I'm not Brent.
    "I've always been a changeling. I'm not less, I'm more. Because I'm not one person, I'm many. I'm form and function.
    "As are all of the members of our cabinet. You could have met some of us and wouldn't know. We're everywhere. It's what we do. We blend in, we play the part, and carry out our tasks. That could be anything from spying, causing disharmony, setting order, even assassination.
    "True, there's no way I can prove I'm telling the truth. But that's not important.
    "What's important is that you realize just how deep into this you really are."


    Kalim body moves back several inches, palms outwards, shielding his face.

    Huuaah!

    He stamps on the granite, hands sliding down his being as he pinches his skin and examines himself.

    I don't think that this petty thief has this air that draws people. We only have eyes for shiny stones that worth pursuing. Nothing else that are borderline outrageous and downright dangerous for the public sphere, you see. Is this about the 'Raven' issue again? Because I am not 'Raven.' Since when am I a changeling?

    Grave nodded. "I'll leave you to it." He exits.

    "Yeesh, don't you pay attention? No, you're not 'Raven,' Not-Cynric was Raven. Not-Cynric killed Cynric and took his place. But Cynric before then was part of the Inquisition of the Sun and led the hunt for not-Cynric... The Inquisition, by the way, you seem to have missed, even though you should really be concerned about them. Seriously: they don't screw around.
    "Okay. Right. It's a lot to process. Over time I can divulge more detail. But the important thing is, now that mister goody pants is gone, we can talk about a... ah.... business arrangement, on behalf of my Mistress.
    "See... we know you want to start an information brokering business. I mean: I know. You talked about it incessantly. But... see...
    "We... want to support that.
    "We could be your first clients.
    "I mean, it's our livelihood, information. One of them, at least.
    "Here's how it will work: I'm your connection to the Cabinet. You feed me the info we want to buy, and the Mistress will reward you.
    "Maybe it will be in coin. But ah...
    "We also sell information as well.
    "You'd be surprised the countless things changelings know collectively.
    "Such as...
    "...Where were you from before the orphanage?
    "Who were your parents?
    "Do we understand each other?"


    Kalim rubs his head in a mocking manner.

    Yessssh. But I am a little slow on the uptake. Did you say that you know MY PARENTS, that I am RUNNING AWAY and about MY GOAL of starting AN EXCHANGE BUSINESS? And your observation is wrong. I did not spill that I was going to do that? Are you a mind reader? By the way, you are not Brent because your body is not Brent's. So what should I call you then after you discard that moronic façade? Give me something simple like a numeral or make up something gibberish. And who the hell is the MISTRESS?

    Brent's eyes roll. "We don't have the luxury of a sole identity: that's the point. Yes, I have, in fact, some degree in mind reading. And who's the Mistress? How the hell should I know? She's a changeling. I've never even met her.
    "Look... I'm on a clock here. I'm supposed to report back to my superior. Do we have a deal or not?"


    Kalim put his finger on his chin, eyes looking up.

    I kinda need to test your eligibility, accuracy and reliability before I make my decision. It's a simple exchange of confidentiality. One info for another. Not about deep secrets but of recent events. And it needs to be detailed. Heck, I need to test to see if I have the capabilities.

    He looks at him directly.

    I will give you my answer if you do so truthfully.

    He breathes in before opening his eyes.

    What had happened after I leave the main party consisting of Myra, Oren, Halberd, Grave, Namphias, Sorra, Ruz, Wotan, Spiker, Myra and Arlana to pursue the drow named Nivali?

    "First rule of the info business, kid. Always pay attention, and don't get distracted by the clutter.
    "While you were away, The citadel chick told your gunslinger that his weapon's merchant was selling firearms to Cannith South. Your warforged friend interjected and told her about Spiker and how she was a lab rat to Merrix. To which she replied was impossible, and he brought up some all- powerful doohicky that Merrix was keeping in Xen'drik. Then your Cannith friend lost it, rambling about some horrible god out to get all of us... pretty intense stuff... then the dragon told the citadel chick to hush up about it... the warforged moved on to mister saint, mr.saint gave him a pep talk, to which he didn't take it too well.
    That about covers it."


    Good advice. I will keep that in mind. Now, that it is settled. I will relay my half and my answer. I found the underdweller, half dead and traumatised. I comforted her. She broke out of the state but the underdweller convulsed and leaked out black gas. I left for help using some sort of teleportation technique. Then again, you already knew this since you knew my origins.

    Kalim leans in, mouth is nearing one of "Brent's" ear.

    Tell your mistress that we will meet again for the foreseeable future.



    "....Pfft HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! 'Meet' the Mistress? Kid, I'm an agent in the friggin' Cabinet and I probably haven't met her, let alone a foreign asset like you. I just report to a single superior, that superior reports to another superior, and that superior reports to another superior... I could go on, but basically at the core of it all is the Mistress. She knows everything her tricksters know. But I don't know anyone who's actually met her in person. Or will.
    "No, you do business through me and that's basically it. I have a partner you'll also be interacting with back at New Cyre... but later."


    Brent assumes his original form, and turns. "You'll hear from me in a few weeks time. I have some other business to attend to. But hey: it'll be just like old times! Sans the back-stabbing, of course... well... yeah. No back-stabbing."
    He pushes the door open and exits. "NOW WHERE'S THAT BOOZE?!"

    Kalim catches "Brent's" words even if he is almost a room away. His pace is not swift and he have intended to stay in range to hear what the fleur is going to say.

    Dream on, rabble. It will 100 years before you are your own man. So do not start your ramblings on how to conduct business with me.




    Quote Originally Posted by Oneris View Post
    Spoiler: With All Due Respect...
    Show

    The storm front that wasn't there before crackled menacingly with acid and fire and a few other elements that one would not normally expect to find in a storm.

    Like a salad indecisive between Caesar or fruit, it promised to rain an eclectic destruction of clashing tastes upon whosoever dared to test it.

    "The only shelter that could weather this tempest lies beneath those stones. I supposed I could take on a temporary form nimble enough to pass between the crevices, as could you. Would you say that is wise....?"


    She looked up at the silvery dragon. The absent appellation hung in the air

    expectantly.
    Spoiler: Nivali - What Remains of War
    Show
    "From what I heard told, the entire structure had collapsed from within. There is no guarantee that there will be safe haven for us there. However... I believe I saw a graveyard of ruined vessels as we soared overhead... shelter may be possible. Climb back on."

    As you both take to the skies again, he veers northward, flying for some distance... sure enough many huge formations dot the landscape... hard to make out until you're closer...

    Many fallen airships... massive, boat-shaped structures long since abandoned in the aftermath of a great war... likely damaged after the wake of the Day of Mourning. (You've been reading on such matters as part of your research back at the Keep.)

    Namhias lands once again to a great manowar of airships, allowing the drow to dismount. He then focuses his concentration, shrinking and transforming...

    Until he assumes the form of a man in his late 30's, with shoulder lengthed, silver hair, a pale complexion and icy blue eyes. He wears simple travel clothes, a light grey motif. He looks to you.

    "Come."



    Quote Originally Posted by Keledrath View Post
    Spoiler: You asked for it...
    Show
    Spiker cold glare falls upon the great machine man before her. Her voice is as monotone as before
    Merrix created this one in the forge beneath Sharn. She was scared. Alone. His experiments were painful. She shall speak.
    Suddenly, Spiker's posture breaks. She slumps, but remains standing. Suddenly, her voice contains inflection and tone previously absent.
    Tell me...Do you believe that we have souls, Bulwark?

    Spoiler: Spiker - A True Believer
    Show
    "..."
    Bulwark laughs after a long pause, once he's finished, he stares intently into Spiker's light blue gaze.
    "Of course I do.
    "What compels us to fight on? What is our drive for purpose? What is our compassion for our fellow brothers? What is the fire within that gives us strength? Are we but machines? Golems? No. We are more. We think. We feel. We are sentient."

    He gestures to the warforged who mine and craft weapons around you.
    "Look to your kin. Do you truly believe they are empty shells? Why, then, do they feel their anger? Why then do they feel wronged by those that persecuted them? They work to achieve what they have always sought: true awakening. The realization that we are not only alive, but that we have purpose in the heavens."
    His hand balls into a fist.
    "And I laugh into the face of any fleshling 'holy man' who says otherwise."
    Very busy these days and so posting will be sparse.

    Extended Sig.

    Lady Cordelia of Grimmfell Avatar created by yours truly.

    Spoiler: Full image
    Show

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Keledrath's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    GMT -5
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: The Divine Forge - IC II

    Spoiler: The Revealation
    Show
    Spiker's gaze saddens.
    Merrix does not believe we do. At least, not complete souls. He thinks we have fragments of souls.
    She begins to tremble.
    He tortured dozens of our kind. They cried out in pain as he brought them to the brink of destruction, and finally they were silenced. but he extracted something from them. Some energy. And he forced it into me. It hurt more than I can describe. Imagine that something was violating the very essence of your being, and you'll have some idea how it felt.
    She is visibly shaking now.
    He did that over and over, time and time again. I screamed, I begged for him to stop, I begged for him to kill me. But he only smiled and nodded, constantly making notes. I have no idea how long this went on for. I had never seen the outside world, I had no concept of time. But eventually, one night, I felt a power surge in me. It gave me strength. Enough strength to tear my bonds from the walls.
    She reaches back into the bag that she has carried the entire adventure, and withdraws a broken pair of shackles.
    They almost stopped me. But again, I felt the power rising in me, and I was suddenly beyond the walls. From there, I ran. I ran until I saw another town. It was over a year before I could bring myself to approach. I just stayed on the outskirts and watched. But I saw warforged who were not being tortured, and eventually I grew curious. One of them took me in. He taught me to speak, and the things I needed to know to fit into society, like how money and trading work.
    She pauses. The soulmelds around her body are faint, almost transparent.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

    Shadeblight by KennyPyro

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2010

    Default Re: The Divine Forge - IC II

    Spoiler: Late is better than never
    Show

    "Ah, that will be him now," Eruvia says without looking perturbed in the slightest by the sudden banging of the door being opened so forcefully.

    Giving Brent an equally big smile to match the one plastered on his face, she counters his shameless flirtation with pointed but friendly teasing. "My dear Brent, your praises are as flattering as ever, but we both know you're not man enough to be the only man for me. If I'm ever going to settle down, I'll want someone more exciting than little old you."

    Eying up Brent's companion, she waits until Longbow goes to fetch the wine glasses before finally asking, "So, who's this associate of yours?"

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    You know what, she's got it at will. Using Detect Thoughts. It will be 12 more seconds before there's a save and it's DC 19, but rather than rolling it, can we just say that if Yas wants Kalim to resist it he does? She's more just...listening passively rather than trying to dig.

    Lilith Avatar by AsteriskAmp

    Other Character Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

    . . . . . .
    Setsuna by Kymme | Desril by Wolfshonor | Eruvia (no background) by Oneris

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Prehysterical's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lawton, OK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Divine Forge - IC II

    Leaning Endbringer against his shoulder, Halberd counts off on his fingers.

    "Kalim missing? Check.
    Items missing? Check.
    Lady Sorra, would you say that this dress of yours is valuable or expensive?"

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Denial
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Divine Forge - IC II

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Grave View Post
    Spoiler: Nivali - What Remains of War
    Show
    "From what I heard told, the entire structure had collapsed from within. There is no guarantee that there will be safe haven for us there. However... I believe I saw a graveyard of ruined vessels as we soared overhead... shelter may be possible. Climb back on."

    As you both take to the skies again, he veers northward, flying for some distance... sure enough many huge formations dot the landscape... hard to make out until you're closer...

    Many fallen airships... massive, boat-shaped structures long since abandoned in the aftermath of a great war... likely damaged after the wake of the Day of Mourning. (You've been reading on such matters as part of your research back at the Keep.)

    Namhias lands once again to a great manowar of airships, allowing the drow to dismount. He then focuses his concentration, shrinking and transforming...

    Until he assumes the form of a man in his late 30's, with shoulder lengthed, silver hair, a pale complexion and icy blue eyes. He wears simple travel clothes, a light grey motif. He looks to you.

    "Come."
    Spoiler: Airship Pirates!
    Show
    She refuses to meet his gaze, instead brushing ahead to begin ascension into the aeronautical wreckage. Years of exposure to the elements rotted the timbers into an array of inviting hand and footholds, but Nivali wasn't willing to take the risk, muttering a quick spell that ensured her footing.

    "There may still be danger lurking within these vessels, undead or worse. I shall scout ahead."

    Almost as an afterthought, she turns back and extends her hand out towards the human-guised dragon.

    Spoiler: Active Spells
    Show

    Heart of Water (prep): 16hr: 30ft swim speed, Breathe water, +5 Escape Artist
    Heart of Water (prep): 16hr: +10 jump, +10 fly speed,
    Air/Water synergy: Light fortification
    Mage Armor (spont): 16hr
    All extended with Metamagic Effect DC 31, took 10 for 34

    SpiderClimb (spont): 80min,
    Take ten to climb wreckage
    Fort Save: (1d20+6)[19]
    Last edited by Oneris; 2015-01-26 at 06:58 PM.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    I honestly have no idea
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Divine Forge - IC II

    Quote Originally Posted by Prehysterical View Post
    Leaning Endbringer against his shoulder,

    Halberd counts off on his fingers.

    "Kalim missing? Check.
    Items missing? Check.
    Lady Sorra, would you say that this dress of yours is valuable or expensive?"
    "..."
    She clenches her fist. "Kalim....
    "It was that thief Kalim.
    "He stole my honeymoon dress.
    "I'm going to kill him."


    "Kill who now?"

    Grave enters, followed by oneother warforged unknown to most... except for Halberd.

    The larger warforged meets Halberd's gaze. "Well, well."

    Spoiler: descriptions
    Show
    Short among his fellow warforged, this warforged makes for an imposing presence with his green adamantine plating and blazing orange eyes. In one hand he holds a massive shield, while in the other dangles a sun-headed flail that shines like a torch. A necklace of beads adorns his neck; a helm of gold, silver, and topaz tops his head; and and iron-toed boots cover his metal feet.



    Spoiler: Halberd
    Show
    You know him as Trench.


    Quote Originally Posted by Keledrath View Post
    Spoiler: The Revealation
    Show
    Spiker's gaze saddens.
    Merrix does not believe we do. At least, not complete souls. He thinks we have fragments of souls.
    She begins to tremble.
    He tortured dozens of our kind. They cried out in pain as he brought them to the brink of destruction, and finally they were silenced. but he extracted something from them. Some energy. And he forced it into me. It hurt more than I can describe. Imagine that something was violating the very essence of your being, and you'll have some idea how it felt.
    She is visibly shaking now.
    He did that over and over, time and time again. I screamed, I begged for him to stop, I begged for him to kill me. But he only smiled and nodded, constantly making notes. I have no idea how long this went on for. I had never seen the outside world, I had no concept of time. But eventually, one night, I felt a power surge in me. It gave me strength. Enough strength to tear my bonds from the walls.
    She reaches back into the bag that she has carried the entire adventure, and withdraws a broken pair of shackles.
    They almost stopped me. But again, I felt the power rising in me, and I was suddenly beyond the walls. From there, I ran. I ran until I saw another town. It was over a year before I could bring myself to approach. I just stayed on the outskirts and watched. But I saw warforged who were not being tortured, and eventually I grew curious. One of them took me in. He taught me to speak, and the things I needed to know to fit into society, like how money and trading work.
    She pauses. The soulmelds around her body are faint, almost transparent.

    Spoiler: Spiker - The Word of The Lord of Blades
    Show
    The Lord of Blades' glare becomes bright and intense, then they darken. He turns away.
    "..."
    "...Until now...
    "I always felt that ultimatly, I would be the one to end that monster.
    "But now that I've heard your story...
    "Now that I know you are not just one... but many... that have known Merrix's ugliness...
    "I can think of no one more deserving to be the axe that falls upon that snake's scaly neck.
    "But your drive to see it done is not what concerns me...
    "...it is how well you can show restraint."

    He turns to look at you once again.
    "I will help you on one condition.
    "I require Merrix alive.
    "He must suffer.
    "He must be tried by our brothers and sisters to the world, so that all may see him for the slime that he is.
    "Then... publicly...
    "You will wreak justice in the name of all of the ones that reside within you.
    "To do this..."
    he finished. "I require one thing....
    "...Sharn."


    Quote Originally Posted by Oneris View Post
    Spoiler: Airship Pirates!
    Show
    She refuses to meet his gaze, instead brushing ahead to begin ascension into the aeronautical wreckage.

    Years of exposure to the elements rotted the timbers into an array of inviting hand and footholds, but Nivali wasn't willing to take the risk, muttering a quick spell that ensured her footing.

    "There may still be danger lurking within these vessels, undead or worse. I shall scout ahead."

    Almost as an afterthought, she turns back and extends her hand out towards the human-guised dragon.

    Spoiler: Active Spells
    Show

    Heart of Water (prep): 16hr: 30ft swim speed, Breathe water, +5 Escape Artist
    Heart of Water (prep): 16hr: +10 jump, +10 fly speed,
    Air/Water synergy: Light fortification
    Mage Armor (spont): 16hr
    All extended with Metamagic Effect DC 31, took 10 for 34

    SpiderClimb (spont): 80min,
    Take ten to climb wreckage
    Fort Save: [roll0]
    Spoiler: Nivali - The Lost Soldier
    Show
    From within the abandoned walls of the fallen airship, creaking. Echoes. But no one resides but the dead. Sailors. Soldiers.

    But one does catch your eye.

    It lays under a collapsed beam. A warforged. Motionless. Tattered clothes. Rusted. An eye carved out. An ornate katana resting beside him.

    You see a faint, silver gleam in his intact eye.

    "What do you see?"
    Last edited by Sir Grave; 2015-01-26 at 09:09 PM.
    Very busy these days and so posting will be sparse.

    Extended Sig.

    Lady Cordelia of Grimmfell Avatar created by yours truly.

    Spoiler: Full image
    Show

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Keledrath's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    GMT -5
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: The Divine Forge - IC II

    Spoiler: Did I say I was finished?
    Show
    Spiker raises her gaze to the Lord of Blades. She hadn't finished, but she had said enough. Her eyes are once again glazed over.
    We have no interest in the city. Only in Merrix's suffering and death. When he has paid, we shall be able to move on in peace. We have waited these long years. We have never come this close to our revenge. We can wait longer even than you, so-called Lord.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

    Shadeblight by KennyPyro

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    New Zealand

    Default Re: The Divine Forge - IC II

    Spoiler: Master of disguise!
    Show
    Spoiler: Resist & Sleight of Hand for his daily snitching that already occurred
    Show


    Disguise: (1d20+10)[27]

    Will save (not necessary if player don't wants it): (1d20+8)[25]

    SOH (Sleight of Hand)
    (1d20+25)[26]
    (1d20+25)[27]
    (1d20+25)[28]
    (1d20+25)[38]
    (1d20+25)[42]
    (1d20+25)[29]
    (1d20+25)[30]
    (1d20+25)[32]
    (1d20+25)[44]


    He found an address to the bar at the back of the paper that he snagged after his talk with the changeling. As he met with Brent who "coincidentally" turning up behind him, the changeling signals him to follow. In the evening, it is mildly packed since many of the locals enjoy a good wine during this period. He had heard of the bar. It is manned by a one eyed warforged, Longbow and his shifter assistant, Grev. The said bar is also famous for its wine in New Cyre. As they enter, the bar is drowned by chatter as he absentmindedly thought back at what he had done today.

    Another haul has succeeded although it is not as pleasant as one would think. Here he is in a dress from the Keep sitting with an attractive woman dressed in black and Brent. He does not know whose dress but he needed a good disguise to avoid the vigilant and his chasers. It seems expensive. Fully sleeved, loose and pearl in velvety fabric in entirety with golden lining on neckline and the trimmings before the wrists, it is the product of heavens. The hems touches the floor, spreading freely but not is not as widespread as a wedding dress. He had several pads and bandages that act as his "goods" which was implanted onto his torso so that his role is much more pronounced and fitting. He still retain his dark tanned skin and short dark hair. His swollen face and features are heavily masked under makeup. He jumps up his seat, mimicking the highest pitch of a female when asked about his name.

    Kaila

    He glares at Brent. His thoughts will reward him with the most disgusting scene from one of his days if he ever divulges this embarrassing moment.

    And who is this person that I am suppose to be meeting?
    Last edited by Yas392; 2015-01-27 at 12:58 AM.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Denial
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Divine Forge - IC II

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Grave View Post
    Spoiler: Nivali - The Lost Soldier
    Show
    From within the abandoned walls of the fallen airship, creaking. Echoes. But no one resides but the dead. Sailors. Soldiers.

    But one does catch your eye.

    It lays under a collapsed beam. A warforged. Motionless. Tattered clothes. Rusted. An eye carved out. An ornate katana resting beside him.

    You see a faint, silver gleam in his intact eye.

    "What do you see?"
    Spoiler: It's not nice to tease a dying man, Nivali.
    Show
    "Corpses." She answers simply. Her voice is cold, but the edge of her mouth flickers upwards in a grin of curiosity. Her eyes play over the vast extent of the damage, how the beam crumpled even steel the thickness of her little finger, how the rust bloomed over every surface, how the decay disfigured every scrap of cloth into a tapestry of ruin. "Cadavers. Husks. Nothing but empty shells ravaged by the elements and eons."
    She kneels down close to his face, searching his remaining gemmed orbit for any sign of conscious thought, prodding his mind for the faintest reaction.
    Spoiler: Telepathy
    Show
    Tell me, metal one. What does it take to kill a warforged?"

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    Listen (1d20+5)[21], Spot (1d20+5)[11] for any other movement
    Casting Detect Thoughts (spontaneous)
    Telepathy if he's conscious.
    Last edited by Oneris; 2015-01-27 at 02:27 AM.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2010

    Default Re: The Divine Forge - IC II

    Spoiler: Yeah, no.
    Show

    Spoiler: Perception
    Show

    Perception (1d20+16)[34]


    Looking more closely at 'Kaila' results in an amused smirk appearing on Eruvia's face. Trusting her ability to convince anyone necessary that her innate gift was simply the result of a spell, she sends a telepathic message directly to Kalim so as not to alert the entire bar to his deception while answering his question vocally. "That, 'Kaila', would be me. Eruvia, master of the Art Arcane, and an old friend of Brent's here. Though I'm afraid he hasn't informed me as to why he wanted us to meet either,"she says looking at the changeling expectantly.

    Spoiler: Telepathic Message to Kalim while she's speaking
    Show

    "I have to give you credit, most people wouldn't so strongly commit to the lie as to wear such a fine dress to a place like this, but you went a little too far with the makeup, and that voice was too girlish for someone as built as you. You really know how to pull off the pearl-look, all things considered."

    Lilith Avatar by AsteriskAmp

    Other Character Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

    . . . . . .
    Setsuna by Kymme | Desril by Wolfshonor | Eruvia (no background) by Oneris

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Prehysterical's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lawton, OK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Divine Forge - IC II

    Halberd is completely caught off-guard by the new arrival.

    "...Trench? Glad to see that you're still functioning, but... why are you here? I thought you would have stuck around in Thrane."

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    I honestly have no idea
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Divine Forge - IC II

    Quote Originally Posted by Prehysterical View Post
    Halberd is completely caught off-guard by the new arrival.

    "...Trench? Glad to see that you're still functioning, but... why are you here? I thought you would have stuck around in Thrane."
    "To pay my respects."

    His eyes look to the earth. "I heard that Cyrnic died. He was a good friend... despite our differing views."

    Spoiler: Endbringer - Halberd
    Show
    SAY NOTHING.


    He looks to Halberd. Cherriness in his voice as he says, "...And also, I heard you were here, so... I thought I'd get in touch with you."

    Quote Originally Posted by Keledrath View Post
    Spoiler: Did I say I was finished?
    Show
    Spiker raises her gaze to the Lord of Blades. She hadn't finished, but she had said enough. Her eyes are once again glazed over.
    We have no interest in the city. Only in Merrix's suffering and death. When he has paid, we shall be able to move on in peace. We have waited these long years. We have never come this close to our revenge. We can wait longer even than you, so-called Lord.
    Spoiler: Spiker - No Disintergrations
    Show
    The Lord of Blades smiled. "Truly? Then prove it to me.
    "It so happens I have an assignment I was going to give to Wotan...
    "But I feel I should send you as well.
    "As we speak, a caravan travels to Sharn. Heavily protected by guardsmen and hirelings from House Deneith.
    "Their charge is a weapon's merchant who feeds his goods to the machine of Cannith South.
    "I want you to bring me the merchant alive."


    Quote Originally Posted by Oneris View Post
    Spoiler: It's not nice to tease a dying man, Nivali.
    Show
    "Corpses." She answers simply. Her voice is cold, but the edge of her mouth flickers upwards in a grin of curiosity. Her eyes play over the vast extent of the damage, how the beam crumpled even steel the thickness of her little finger, how the rust bloomed over every surface, how the decay disfigured every scrap of cloth into a tapestry of ruin. "Cadavers. Husks. Nothing but empty shells ravaged by the elements and eons."
    She kneels down close to his face, searching his remaining gemmed orbit for any sign of conscious thought, prodding his mind for the faintest reaction.
    Spoiler: Telepathy
    Show
    Tell me, metal one. What does it take to kill a warforged?"

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    Listen [roll0], Spot [roll1] for any other movement
    Casting Detect Thoughts (spontaneous)
    Telepathy if he's conscious.

    Spoiler: Nivali - It's alive!
    Show
    You listen deeply, drowning out the noise the damaged wood makes, the rumblings of the approaching storm, and even the words of Namhias, and sense for any signs of conciousness from within the shell of this fallen soldier...

    ...did I hear...?

    Slowly, the silver in his eye flickers, barely functioning.

    "...Hn..."

    Struggling to even turn his head to look at you, he manages, albeit with light scraping from all of th rust.

    "...please...
    "help..."


    Quote Originally Posted by Yas392 View Post
    Spoiler: Master of disguise!
    Show
    Spoiler: Resist & Sleight of Hand for his daily snitching that already occurred
    Show


    Disguise: [roll0]

    Will save (not necessary if player don't wants it): [roll1]

    SOH (Sleight of Hand)
    [roll2]
    [roll3]
    [roll4]
    [roll5]
    [roll6]
    [roll7]
    [roll8]
    [roll9]
    [roll10]


    He found an address to the bar at the back of the paper that he snagged after his talk with the changeling. As he met with Brent who "coincidentally" turning up behind him, the changeling signals him to follow. In the evening, it is mildly packed since many of the locals enjoy a good wine during this period. He had heard of the bar. It is manned by a one eyed warforged, Longbow and his shifter assistant, Grev. The said bar is also famous for its wine in New Cyre. As they enter, the bar is drowned by chatter as he absentmindedly thought back at what he had done today.

    Another haul has succeeded although it is not as pleasant as one would think. Here he is in a dress from the Keep sitting with an attractive woman dressed in black and Brent. He does not know whose dress but he needed a good disguise to avoid the vigilant and his chasers. It seems expensive. Fully sleeved, loose and pearl in velvety fabric in entirety with golden lining on neckline and the trimmings before the wrists, it is the product of heavens. The hems touches the floor, spreading freely but not is not as widespread as a wedding dress. He had several pads and bandages that act as his "goods" which was implanted onto his torso so that his role is much more pronounced and fitting. He still retain his dark tanned skin and short dark hair. His swollen face and features are heavily masked under makeup. He jumps up his seat, mimicking the highest pitch of a female when asked about his name.

    Kaila

    He glares at Brent. His thoughts will reward him with the most disgusting scene from one of his days if he ever divulges this embarrassing moment.

    And who is this person that I am suppose to be meeting?
    Quote Originally Posted by Desril View Post
    Spoiler: Yeah, no.
    Show

    Spoiler: Perception
    Show

    Perception (1d20+16)[34]


    Looking more closely at 'Kaila' results in an amused smirk appearing on Eruvia's face. Trusting her ability to convince anyone necessary that her innate gift was simply the result of a spell, she sends a telepathic message directly to Kalim so as not to alert the entire bar to his deception while answering his question vocally. "That, 'Kaila', would be me. Eruvia, master of the Art Arcane, and an old friend of Brent's here. Though I'm afraid he hasn't informed me as to why he wanted us to meet either,"she says looking at the changeling expectantly.

    Spoiler: Telepathic Message to Kalim while she's speaking
    Show

    "I have to give you credit, most people wouldn't so strongly commit to the lie as to wear such a fine dress to a place like this, but you went a little too far with the makeup, and that voice was too girlish for someone as built as you. You really know how to pull off the pearl-look, all things considered."

    Spoiler: Eruvia & Kalim - Melons...?
    Show
    Brent glances at the thief. "'Kalia? That's a creative name if I ev--"

    He stops dead when he notices the disguise, dumbfounded. After a long pause, he looks below Kalim's neckline. He puts his right hand over his mouth ad begins snickering.

    "Pffft... m-melons?"

    His voice becomes high pitched and hysterical as he begins laughing uncontrollably.
    "Oh my gods...I can't- HAHAHAHAHAHA...!
    "Aheh- look, Eruvia, h-he's a natural changeling! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!"


    The warforged barkeep approaches the table with an expensive bottle of Cyran red wine, probably worth at least 100 gold, more if it's a good age, and three glasses. Brent continues to laugh as he grabs the bottle.

    "Mhmm... w-would you care for some wine, m'lady? Ahehehehehehe..."

    Longbow turned away, heading back to the bar table, the whole way shaking his head.

    "Aheh...Ahehe... Hee... Okay... I'm calm... Aha...Aaaahh..."

    He took a sip of his wine. "Well, then, Eruvia, and... aheh... Kalia," He began. "Let's cut to the chase.
    "Both of you have a connection with Proffesor Marcus Grit. Eruvia from the proff himself, and Kalia through his kids.
    "It turns out that we Tricksters have a connection as well. Through his wife, Ellen Grit, presumed dead around the same time as her husband. But that's not her name.
    "Her chosen alias was Sin. High ranking member. Was actually alive.
    "She's missing, now. Last known location, Sharn.
    "We're going to find her.
    "Questions?"
    Very busy these days and so posting will be sparse.

    Extended Sig.

    Lady Cordelia of Grimmfell Avatar created by yours truly.

    Spoiler: Full image
    Show

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Keledrath's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    GMT -5
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: The Divine Forge - IC II

    Spoiler: One day we're going to feast on LoBster
    Show
    Spiker nods.
    That will hurt Merrix. Therefore we approve of the course of action.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

    Shadeblight by KennyPyro

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2010

    Default Re: The Divine Forge - IC II

    Spoiler: It had to be done.
    Show


    At the news that she finally had a solid lead on Grit's child, Eruvia was ready to immediately teleport herself to Sharn the moment Brent stopped speaking, but resisted the impulse to jump ahead, realizing that there was plenty of information she still needed. No point in getting all the answers now, we'll have to go the slow way if we're going together, but it will give me a chance to get to know my new...companion, she thinks while smiling at Brent and his almost contagious laughter.

    Besides, there's no point in asking Brent for much. Why didn't he tell me sooner that Marcus' wife was alive and working for the Tricksters? Obvious, he had no idea. Why didn't The Mistress tell me? Same answer, I'll have to speak with her on that point later because I'm sure she knew, but I'm less certain as to why she was hiding it, or rather, what she gained by delaying me rather than by giving me the information immediately and having me indebted to her. Sin must have been doing something important. Either that, or The Mistress didn't trust me to repay the debt. What was Sin doing then? No, he doesn't know. No, there are only three questions he's likely to know the answer too and what Kalim can answer can be asked as we travel, so...


    After the mere second's delay in which she came to that conclusion, Eruvia spoke up, almost looking as if she had known what Brent was going to say and had time to think about it beforehand. "Yes, several, but for now only three. What was her last communication? What has happened that let us know she's missing? And lastly," she pauses, pouring herself a glass of wine before lazily pointing a finger toward Kalim's melons, then back to herself and asks with a coy grin, "whose do you think are bigger?"
    Lilith Avatar by AsteriskAmp

    Other Character Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

    . . . . . .
    Setsuna by Kymme | Desril by Wolfshonor | Eruvia (no background) by Oneris

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    New Zealand

    Default Re: The Divine Forge - IC II

    Spoiler: Really?
    Show

    Kalim decides to amuse her rather than blush and fall to the charm that befalls many men. He wants to reply back to her mental comment but he stay his mind. He pretends notice, looking at her torso area and look back at her chest area, oblivious to the measurements. He pours himself some wine and sips.

    Hmm. No idea, I presume mine are.

    Kalim's looks at his wine. He finish his glass in one gulp before pouring himself another.

    Kids, kids, wait a minute...

    So it's those siblings, huh?

    Kalim assumes a business man posture.

    So what is in for me?

    Last edited by Yas392; 2015-01-28 at 04:43 PM.

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Prehysterical's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lawton, OK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Divine Forge - IC II

    Walking over, Halberd slugs Trench in his metal shoulder in camaraderie. "You always were the sentimental one. How did you know Cynric, though? Did you serve with the clergy after the war?"

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    I honestly have no idea
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Divine Forge - IC II

    Quote Originally Posted by Prehysterical View Post
    Walking over, Halberd slugs Trench in his metal shoulder in camaraderie. "You always were the sentimental one. How did you know Cynric, though? Did you serve with the clergy after the war?"
    "...Something like that.
    "Erm... listen. Is there somewhere more... private we can talk?"


    "He did not."
    "He did!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Keledrath View Post
    Spoiler: One day we're going to feast on LoBster
    Show
    Spiker nods.
    That will hurt Merrix. Therefore we approve of the course of action.
    Spoiler: Spiker - Intercept Course
    Show

    "I figured you would.
    "They take the main road from New Cyre to Starilaskur, likely to board a lightning rail all the way to Sharn. It is wiser to intercept them before that happens. Speak with Wotan about assembling a small squad that compliments your capabilities."

    Quote Originally Posted by Desril View Post
    Spoiler: It had to be done.
    Show


    At the news that she finally had a solid lead on Grit's child, Eruvia was ready to immediately teleport herself to Sharn the moment Brent stopped speaking, but resisted the impulse to jump ahead, realizing that there was plenty of information she still needed. No point in getting all the answers now, we'll have to go the slow way if we're going together, but it will give me a chance to get to know my new...companion, she thinks while smiling at Brent and his almost contagious laughter.

    Besides, there's no point in asking Brent for much. Why didn't he tell me sooner that Marcus' wife was alive and working for the Tricksters? Obvious, he had no idea. Why didn't The Mistress tell me? Same answer, I'll have to speak with her on that point later because I'm sure she knew, but I'm less certain as to why she was hiding it, or rather, what she gained by delaying me rather than by giving me the information immediately and having me indebted to her. Sin must have been doing something important. Either that, or The Mistress didn't trust me to repay the debt. What was Sin doing then? No, he doesn't know. No, there are only three questions he's likely to know the answer too and what Kalim can answer can be asked as we travel, so...


    After the mere second's delay in which she came to that conclusion, Eruvia spoke up, almost looking as if she had known what Brent was going to say and had time to think about it beforehand. "Yes, several, but for now only three. What was her last communication? What has happened that let us know she's missing? And lastly," she pauses, pouring herself a glass of wine before lazily pointing a finger toward Kalim's melons, then back to herself and asks with a coy grin, "whose do you think are bigger?"

    Quote Originally Posted by Yas392 View Post
    Spoiler: Really?
    Show

    Kalim decides to amuse her rather than blush and fall to the charm that befalls many men. He wants to reply back to her mental comment but he stay his mind. He pretends notice, looking at her torso area and look back at her chest area, oblivious to the measurements. He pours himself some wine and sips.

    Hmm. No idea, I presume mine are.

    Kalim's looks at his wine. He finish his glass in one gulp before pouring himself another.

    Kids, kids, wait a minute...

    So it's those siblings, huh?

    Kalim assumes a business man posture.

    So what is in for me?

    Spoiler: Kalim & Eruvia - Yeah, really.
    Show
    He looked to 'Kalia.'
    "Psh. Sure kid. Maybe they are..."
    He looked at Eruvia.
    "...But hers are just the right size and shape, plus her dress compliments them well. And that counts for everything." He winks.

    "Right. Focus. It's like I said before, Kalia: you scratch our back, we scratch yours. We have information you want. You'll receive it... if you play by our rules.
    "Here's the real thing about this...
    "According to my superior, the Mistress believes that she had gone rogue. It's customary to check in with your superior every week, and when she didn't her superior went to where she resided. The room she was staying in had a whole slew of Marcus' old research papers... namely those concerning the weird shrine in the middle of the Mournlands.
    "What we think she stumbled on... and this is just a theory... is the actual connection between the research team that went down there... And Cannith South.
    "They funded that team. They were their backbone from the very beginning. And Marcus was the only one who came out alive... along with Sin, who by the way we have no idea how she got there... and he chose to go into hiding, probably because of those kids they had."
    Very busy these days and so posting will be sparse.

    Extended Sig.

    Lady Cordelia of Grimmfell Avatar created by yours truly.

    Spoiler: Full image
    Show

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Keledrath's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    GMT -5
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: The Divine Forge - IC II

    Spoiler: I was going to name this spoiler something clever, but forum policy made me change it
    Show
    Spiker nods.
    We shall seek the hunter.
    She turns away from Bulwark to follow the path Wotan had taken.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

    Shadeblight by KennyPyro

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Prehysterical's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lawton, OK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Divine Forge - IC II

    That didn't sound like Trench. His old war-buddy, at least back in the old days, would have said anything aloud without worrying how others might respond. If the shield-bearer was being this sensitive and secretive, there was good reason for it.

    Looking over at Grave and Sorra discussing Kalim's theft, Halberd thinks, It'll also give them a chance to cool off.

    Clapping a hand on Trench's shoulder, Halberd begins steering him downstairs. "Sure! Let's see if you're as good at forging armor as I remember."

    Once they reach the smithy, Halberd grabs two hammers and passes one firmly to Trench. He pauses significantly for a moment before saying, "All right, soldier, give me a sit-rep. What's going on?"

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2010

    Default Re: The Divine Forge - IC II

    Spoiler: At least it's a lead
    Show


    Returning the wink with a grin, she continues teasing him before getting serious again. "Well, at least you have better taste than I thought Brent...but we both know that if you thought you could get me out of this dress, you'd be saying that it counts for nothing."

    Thinking back to what little Marcus ever mentioned about the shrine, Eruvia knew it had to be important to him somehow, but she never learned the specifics before his abrupt passing. I suppose it's too late to change his fate, but it would be nice to learn more about him. He never did reveal why he thought we could change. The odds are long, but maybe if I look more into this shrine and his connection with the Cannith I'll find some answers. But there's more to this than he's saying. If that's all it was, then the Cabinet wouldn't sound so certain that she went rogue. One of the other Tricksters must've found something incriminating.

    "Why would the first thought be that she went rogue? If that were the case, why leave the research at her home, which I assume looked perfectly normal otherwise? It's not impossible or even unlikely that that is the case, but it's more likely that she's been compromised. Which is all the more reason to hurry. There's still something I need to discuss with my new friend here, but nothing that can't be talked about on the road to Sharn. Or the skies, I suppose. Sharn is nearly a thousand miles from here, an airship would be preferable."
    Lilith Avatar by AsteriskAmp

    Other Character Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

    . . . . . .
    Setsuna by Kymme | Desril by Wolfshonor | Eruvia (no background) by Oneris

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •