New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Firbolg in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: The Divine Forge - IC II

Spoiler: Hold on! Under article (insert number)
    Show

So we got a lead and your mistress is entrusting us with the job to hunt this Sin that supposedly defected? Did I miss anything?

Kalim's face morph into a form that played her role well; face of a irresistible demure lady that is holding her ire behind her visage, wary for mental prying and attacks after the changeling revealed that he could read minds. He is also tapping his fingers.

That's great and all but let me make one thing clear that I have forgotten during our previous meeting. Do not attempt to read my mind. If it is observation, I can wave it off. If I am in the mood to pay attention, I would have called off our deal. Some of the stuff you gleaned from me was a breach in privacy and trust. At the moment, I am doubtful of your trustworthiness. Assuming this job ended on a good note, wouldn't you just extract the information without consent and go against your word? Wouldn't that ability deconstruct the whole idea of our future partnership?
    Last edited by Yas392; 2015-01-31 at 05:54 AM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Grave View Post
    Spoiler: Nivali - It's alive!
    Show
    You listen deeply, drowning out the noise the damaged wood makes, the rumblings of the approaching storm, and even the words of Namhias, and sense for any signs of conciousness from within the shell of this fallen soldier...

...did I hear...?

Slowly, the silver in his eye flickers, barely functioning.

"...Hn..."

Struggling to even turn his head to look at you, he manages, albeit with light scraping from all of th rust.

"...please...
    "help..."
    Spoiler: You know, you could just ask Namhias...
    Show

Don't worry; you’ll be free in a moment.
    She hesitates before touching his metal brow gently and hoped that the comforting gesture translates. As a few mishaps over the past weeks have shown, some concepts appeared completely foreign to certain warforged while others grasped them easily. Hopefully, this one was well socialized, or at the very least not offended easily.

Of course, I will require some assistance from you, so let’s make sure you won’t die of shock first, alright? She turns from him to rummage through the dust-laden piles of debris strewn about for anything of a distinct baton-like persuasion.

A ripe opportunity to stimulate your mental restoration: could you direct me to your repair kit? I was told your kind does not respond well to conventional restoratives.

Search: (1d20+8)[15]

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prehysterical View Post
    That didn't sound like Trench. His old war-buddy, at least back in the old days, would have said anything aloud without worrying how others might respond. If the shield-bearer was being this sensitive and secretive, there was good reason for it.

Looking over at Grave and Sorra discussing Kalim's theft, Halberd thinks, It'll also give them a chance to cool off.

Clapping a hand on Trench's shoulder, Halberd begins steering him downstairs. "Sure! Let's see if you're as good at forging armor as I remember."

Once they reach the smithy, Halberd grabs two hammers and passes one firmly to Trench. He pauses significantly for a moment before saying, "All right, soldier, give me a sit-rep. What's going on?"
    Trench looks back up the stairs for a few moments before letting out a sigh.
    "I'll make this simple:
    "Halberd... You're in serious trouble. I don't know what you and yours did in the Mournlands, but you've attracted some unwanted attention from very dangerous people. I need you to to be completely honest with me:
    "Have you ever had dealings with the Inquisition of the Sun," he asked, "and what is 'Endbringer?'"

Quote Originally Posted by Keledrath View Post
    Spoiler: I was going to name this spoiler something clever, but forum policy made me change it
    Show
    Spiker nods.
    We shall seek the hunter.
    She turns away from Bulwark to follow the path Wotan had taken.
    Spoiler: Spiker - Forming a posse
    Show
    You move past the busy warforged in the mines and enter another tunnel, which opens up into a large sprawl. here, the metal men perform various activities, from sparring to archery or arcane craft, or simple conversation. The one thing you find is that no warforged here stands idle, even as they speak to one another.

You find Wotan speaking with another smaller, hooded warforged, using his cloak to conceal what would likely be an arsenal of weaponry. Noticing you, Wotan turns to face you.
    "So, is this the kind of help you imagined?"

Quote Originally Posted by Yas392 View Post
    Spoiler: Hold on! Under article (insert number)
    Show

So we got a lead and your mistress is entrusting us with the job to hunt this Sin that supposedly defected? Did I miss anything?

Kalim's face morph into a form that played her role well; face of a irresistible demure lady that is holding her ire behind her visage, wary for mental prying and attacks after the changeling revealed that he could read minds. He is also tapping his fingers.

That's great and all but let me make one thing clear that I have forgotten during our previous meeting. Do not attempt to read my mind. If it is observation, I can wave it off. If I am in the mood to pay attention, I would have called off our deal. Some of the stuff you gleaned from me was a breach in privacy and trust. At the moment, I am doubtful of your trustworthiness. Assuming this job ended on a good note, wouldn't you just extract the information without consent and go against your word? Wouldn't that ability deconstruct the whole idea of our future partnership?
    Spoiler: Kalim & Eruvia - Now, now.
    Show
    "Yeesh. You do realize I did what I had to do to you back then to earn favor in the guild I was infiltrating, right?Let it go, already. Let bygones be bygones. I have no more reason to stab you in the back than I have to kick a stray dog. Despite what you may think, I actually kind of like you. You have potential, kid. I would like nothing more than to see your info business thrive... it'd be mutually beneficial to both of us... well, you and the Cabinet.
    "Look... I'm sorry if my natural gifts and abilities disturb you. They're tools I use to get by in this world, much like the teeth you use to eat. But you're not playing a game where people play fair. The sooner you understand that, the better off you'll be. You're much better off using the weapons you've got at your disposal, rather than telling others to put theirs down, because they won't. It's that simple. Don't like it? There's the door. No one's forcing you to play with us.
    "But then, you're shooting down the closest chance you've ever had to finding the information you've sought for all your life. My point is: why pass up the opportunity?"

Quote Originally Posted by Desril View Post
    Spoiler: At least it's a lead
    Show

Returning the wink with a grin, she continues teasing him before getting serious again. "Well, at least you have better taste than I thought Brent...but we both know that if you thought you could get me out of this dress, you'd be saying that it counts for nothing."

Thinking back to what little Marcus ever mentioned about the shrine, Eruvia knew it had to be important to him somehow, but she never learned the specifics before his abrupt passing. I suppose it's too late to change his fate, but it would be nice to learn more about him. He never did reveal why he thought we could change. The odds are long, but maybe if I look more into this shrine and his connection with the Cannith I'll find some answers. But there's more to this than he's saying. If that's all it was, then the Cabinet wouldn't sound so certain that she went rogue. One of the other Tricksters must've found something incriminating.

"Why would the first thought be that she went rogue? If that were the case, why leave the research at her home, which I assume looked perfectly normal otherwise? It's not impossible or even unlikely that that is the case, but it's more likely that she's been compromised. Which is all the more reason to hurry. There's still something I need to discuss with my new friend here, but nothing that can't be talked about on the road to Sharn. Or the skies, I suppose. Sharn is nearly a thousand miles from here, an airship would be preferable."
    Spoiler: Kalim & Eruvia - Awk-waard...
    Show
    "Ah, well... she wasn't there for info gathering.
    "She was there for a kill job."

An awkward silence fell onto the table as he poured himself another glass.

"Er... about transportation, the Mistress pulled us a few strings and purchased us some lightning rail tickets... under different aliases, naturally. Of course, the closest train station is in Starilaskur, so that's where we'd be going next."

Quote Originally Posted by Oneris View Post
    Spoiler: You know, you could just ask Namhias...
    Show

Don't worry; you’ll be free in a moment.
    She hesitates before touching his metal brow gently and hoped that the comforting gesture translates. As a few mishaps over the past weeks have shown, some concepts appeared completely foreign to certain warforged while others grasped them easily. Hopefully, this one was well socialized, or at the very least not offended easily.

Of course, I will require some assistance from you, so let’s make sure you won’t die of shock first, alright? She turns from him to rummage through the dust-laden piles of debris strewn about for anything of a distinct baton-like persuasion.

A ripe opportunity to stimulate your mental restoration: could you direct me to your repair kit? I was told your kind does not respond well to conventional restoratives.

Search: [roll0]
    Spoiler: Nivali - Nivali got: a crappy wand!
    Show
    "Ng... holster... side of my right leg. There should be a wand there..."

You look, and where his right leg should be is a pile of rubble and debris.

Namhias enters, taking in the situation quickly. He begins to carefully remove the rubble from around the warforged's leg. Exposing it partially, you do in fact see a wand, albeit dusty and a little worn.

The warforged sighed. "Might've lost it's charge by now.."
    Very busy these days and so posting will be sparse.

Extended Sig.

Lady Cordelia of Grimmfell Avatar created by yours truly.

Spoiler: Full image
    Show

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: You mean a pack
    Show
    Spiker nods.
    It is satisfactory. I require an attack force. We are capturing a merchant between New Cyre and Starilaskur.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

5. - Top - End - #35

"No. I've never dealt with the Inquisition. As for Endbringer..." Halberd sets down the hammer and pulls the blade from his back. He does it slowly to avoid startling Trench.

"Say hello." He holds the blade in both hands, with one grasping the hilt and the other holding the blade flat against his palm.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: We should talk somewhere more private.
    Show

Interesting. Makes her going rogue seem somewhat more likely, but it's also possible that she saw a chance to strike and screwed it up. There's no point in jumping to conclusion until we have more proof. But speaking of such things aloud is dangerous.

Projecting her thoughts, she sends a telepathic message to Brent. "I can see what that might lead to thinking she went rogue, but it's still not a certainty, and I've waited too long to screw this up by getting impatient and making assumptions. Who was her target, and when was it supposed to happen?"

Returning to speaking aloud she looks back to 'Kaila', "Our friend here has a point. If you have any intention of making it to the point where people can call you old, you're going to need to use every trick at your disposal. Getting upset and turning down an alliance because someone has abilities you don't like is just going to make your life more difficult. Or are you just playing hard to get?" Smiling, "Besides, from the looks of things, you already know that. Unless you intend to tell me that you paid for that," she says, eying the dress Kalim is wearing.

Spoiler: OOC Question
    Show

Telepathy, am I limited to one-on-one conversations, or can I have a telepathic bubble set up with however many people I want that are within range for a thoughtful discussion?

Lilith Avatar by AsteriskAmp

Other Character Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

. . . . . .
    Setsuna by Kymme | Desril by Wolfshonor | Eruvia (no background) by Oneris

7. - Top - End - #37

AssassinGuy

Spoiler: Sure, sure...
    Show

If Eruvia could sense how his thoughts, he would have roll his eyes but his mental defences are a masonry comparable to the strongest fort that completely shield the attempt to read him.

Hard to get? Hardly. It is called being cautious. And I am aware of the dregs of life so there is not much you can lecture me about it. Besides, that mind reading shenanigan has been used on me for god knows how many times that it is starting to get old. What happens if you picked up something more sensitive? A haphazard weapon is potentially a faulty weapon as it is a double edged sword. Think of this as a warning rather than a big "NO." If you wanted to use it on me next time, bare in mind that it will be difficult and consequential unless I permit it, of course.

The words weren't only for "Brent", he is directly addressing Eruvia as well. His glass lightly thunks on the table, emptied. It's wide, gaping mouth thrives to complete its fill as the bottle is upended again.

And I could pass this one since I could feel my previous companions being pulled to our next destination anyways. But if this gives me the leeway to broaden the understanding of the siblings background personally, then our reunion will have to be delayed. That said, I hope that we can work well together.

Kalim has a smile on his face when the succubus pointed out the flaws in his disguise.

I guess you are starting to get how I operate. Good. Save me the trouble of explaining later on. I notice how close that I become to you whenever you are near. Are you supernaturally charged?
    Last edited by Yas392; 2015-01-31 at 09:06 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38

Spoiler: Nivali - Nivali got: a crappy wand!
    Show
    "Ng... holster... side of my right leg. There should be a wand there..."

You look, and where his right leg should be is a pile of rubble and debris.

Namhias enters, taking in the situation quickly. He begins to carefully remove the rubble from around the warforged's leg. Exposing it partially, you do in fact see a wand, albeit dusty and a little worn.

The warforged sighed. "Might've lost it's charge by now.."
    Spoiler: Well that's not going to explode or anything
    Show
    "Good, you sound much better."

Nivali retrieves the wand and examines it against the light. The evil combination of rust and mold left deep furrows where silver insets once embedded. It sparks madly when she gives it an experimental wave, a worrying sign.

"I...can't say I've worked with worse. Brace yourself." She points the wand at the warforged and begins to draw forth its energy...

Spoiler: Action
    Show

No UMD check because it's on my spell list! Yayyy!
    Last edited by Oneris; 2015-01-31 at 06:53 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

"No. I've never dealt with the Inquisition. As for Endbringer..." Halberd sets down the hammer and pulls the blade from his back. He does it slowly to avoid startling Trench.

"Say hello." He holds the blade in both hands, with one grasping the hilt and the other holding the blade flat against his palm.
    "...uh...hi. I'm Endbringer. Pleased to meet you."

Trench, startled, looks all around him until his eyes settle on the fullblade. He is silent for a moment.

"I... wasn't expecting that..."

He returns to his calm demeanor almost as quickly as he left it.

"...I'm Trench. Well... you've probably already gathered that...
    "Halberd, what have you been up to, recently? There must be a reason the Inquisition set it's eyes on you and this... Endbringer."

Spoiler: You mean a pack
    Show
    Spiker nods.
    It is satisfactory. I require an attack force. We are capturing a merchant between New Cyre and Starilaskur.
    Spoiler: Spiker - That's what I said.
    Show
    "No doubt you don't just want anyone. Perhaps a few who can keep up with your methods? I know of a few who fit that criteria... even fewer with your specific drive.
    "That said,"
    he added, gesturing to the hooded warforged, "I was just talking to Crosshair, here. Maybe he might be interested."
    The hooded warforged is completely silent, only regarding you with a brief glance.

Spoiler: We should talk somewhere more private.
    Show

Interesting. Makes her going rogue seem somewhat more likely, but it's also possible that she saw a chance to strike and screwed it up. There's no point in jumping to conclusion until we have more proof. But speaking of such things aloud is dangerous.

Projecting her thoughts, she sends a telepathic message to Brent. "I can see what that might lead to thinking she went rogue, but it's still not a certainty, and I've waited too long to screw this up by getting impatient and making assumptions. Who was her target, and when was it supposed to happen?"

Returning to speaking aloud she looks back to 'Kaila', "Our friend here has a point. If you have any intention of making it to the point where people can call you old, you're going to need to use every trick at your disposal. Getting upset and turning down an alliance because someone has abilities you don't like is just going to make your life more difficult. Or are you just playing hard to get?" Smiling, "Besides, from the looks of things, you already know that. Unless you intend to tell me that you paid for that," she says, eying the dress Kalim is wearing.

Spoiler: OOC Question
    Show

Telepathy, am I limited to one-on-one conversations, or can I have a telepathic bubble set up with however many people I want that are within range for a thoughtful discussion?

Quote Originally Posted by Yas392 View Post
    Spoiler: Sure, sure...
    Show

If Eruvia could sense how his thoughts, he would have roll his eyes but his mental defences are a masonry comparable to the strongest fort that completely shield the attempt to read him.

Hard to get? Hardly. It is called being cautious. And I am aware of the dregs of life so there is not much you can lecture me about it. Besides, that mind reading shenanigan has been used on me for god knows how many times that it is starting to get old. What happens if you picked up something more sensitive? A haphazard weapon is potentially a faulty weapon as it is a double edged sword. Think of this as a warning rather than a big "NO." If you wanted to use it on me next time, bare in mind that it will be difficult and consequential unless I permit it, of course.

The words weren't only for "Brent", he is directly addressing Eruvia as well. His glass lightly thunks on the table, emptied. It's wide, gaping mouth thrives to complete its fill as the bottle is upended again.

And I could pass this one since I could feel my previous companions being pulled to our next destination anyways. But if this gives me the leeway to broaden the understanding of the siblings background personally, then our reunion will have to be delayed. That said, I hope that we can work well together.

Kalim has a smile on his face when the succubus pointed out the flaws in his disguise.

I guess you are starting to get how I operate. Good. Save me the trouble of explaining later on. I notice how close that I become to you whenever you are near. Are you supernaturally charged?
    Spoiler: Eruvia - Mental Chit-Chat
    Show
    Brent sips more of his wine, not looking directly at you to avoid suspicion.
    Spoiler: Spoiler within a spoiler: Brent's response
    Show

About a month ago, but...
    Your guess is as good as mine who the target was. I wasn't privy to that information. But I do have theories. Baron Merrix 'd Cannith is one... though since he's obviously still alive and hasn't outwardly declared that he was almost killed, I'm still a little iffy.
    That said, there is another suspect... Merrix received a visitor all the way from Thrane at around the same time Sin disappeared. High Cardinal Krozan. Now it seems far fetched, but that guy's had more attempted assassinations than I can count. Mainly they're political or religious statements... but don't count it out. Plus...
    ... let's not forget the rumors of his 'former ties' to the Inquisition of the Sun. Platinum to copper says that he's still running that show behind everyone's backs.
    But lets keep all that between ourselves. Kid can't know everything, right?"

He looks to Kalia. "Heh... magicians never reveal their secrets, kid. Especially not Eruvia.
    Any more questions?"

Spoiler: Well that's not going to explode or anything
    Show
    "Good, you sound much better."

Nivali retrieves the wand and examines it against the light. The evil combination of rust and mold left deep furrows where silver insets once embedded. It sparks madly when she gives it an experimental wave, a worrying sign.

"I...can't say I've worked with worse. Brace yourself." She points the wand at the warforged and begins to draw forth its energy...

Spoiler: Action
    Show

No UMD check because it's on my spell list! Yayyy!
    Spoiler: Nivali - EVERYONE DIES!!!! (Kidding. :P)
    Show
    Fzzt!
    You see embers and smoke rising form the tip.
    "...just...my luck."
    Namhias knelt beside the warforged.
    "My healing might not be as effective, but it is better than nothing, Kovgam Arytiss. Remain still."
    "Hn... not a problem. You a cleric?"
    "...no."
    He placed his hand upon the construct's forehead, light emanates from his fingers...
    When it is finished, Namhias leaned in closer. "How do you feel?"
    "...a little better... though all the healing in the worlds not going to help me get out from under these beams..."
    Namhias examined the area above the warforged. "...removing this is potentially dangerous. It seems to be the only thing supporting the ceiling... albeit in a haphazard manner."
    "... figures."

Extended Sig.

Show

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Inglourious Basterds time?
    Show
    Spiker looks over the hooded warforged.
    We trust he is skilled?

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

11. - Top - End - #41

Halberd looks at Trench for a moment before saying disapprovingly,

"Trench, this is not an interrogation. If you want answers, you had better start giving me some information. I ask again: what exactly is going on?" Halberd knew that Trench was a good soldier, or at least he was when they last met, but the warforged could also be very easy to manipulate.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: The Inquisition you say
    Show

Hrm, both are possible, though I doubt they're the only viable targets. I don't really care about Cannith, but if this Krozan is as connected to the Inquisition of the Sun as much as he's implying, I might just get rid of him for free. Damn self-righteous pieces of shit.

Turning her attentions back toward Brent, she gives him a subtle nod before replying. "I see. You know, this all would be so much easier if The Mistress would just give us a little bit more information as to what's going on. I can see why she doesn't, but it just makes our lives all the more complicated. Oh well, it's enough for a start at least."

With a smile, she answers 'Kaila' after Brent, "He's right, you know. Secrets are a girl's best friend, and I won't part with mine so easily."

Other Character Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

. . . . . .

13. - Top - End - #43

Spoiler: Nivali - EVERYONE DIES!!!! (Kidding. :P)
    Show
    Fzzt!
    You see embers and smoke rising form the tip.
    "...just...my luck."
    Namhias knelt beside the warforged.
    "My healing might not be as effective, but it is better than nothing, Kovgam Arytiss. Remain still."
    "Hn... not a problem. You a cleric?"
    "...no."
    He placed his hand upon the construct's forehead, light emanates from his fingers...
    When it is finished, Namhias leaned in closer. "How do you feel?"
    "...a little better... though all the healing in the worlds not going to help me get out from under these beams..."
    Namhias examined the area above the warforged. "...removing this is potentially dangerous. It seems to be the only thing supporting the ceiling... albeit in a haphazard manner."
    "... figures."
    Spoiler: There's probably spikes in the ceiling too...
    Show
    "Wait, really?"
    Nivali pauses in the process of removing her cloak and takes a good look at the drooping ceiling, then at the warforged trapped beneath the beam. "Oh, I hadn't considered..."

She crosses her arms and frowns in a state of deep thought, then rushes to peer out a shuttered porthole. The tempest was almost upon them now, to little time to devise another solution. "That one. We'll evacuate to that ship with the fractured bowsprit. Namhias, you should leave now."

She turns to the warforged and fastens her cloak about his neck best she could. The smokey fabric twists and writhes in protest as if it were alive. "Slight change of plans, but nothing too drastic. Thrice a day, this cloak once activated will transport its bearer to a known location within 10 feet. Free yourself from the rubble, then out the portal and after me. Quickly now, we've not much time."

Spoiler: Readied Action
    Show

Stand by the porthole until she sees him freed from the rubble, then Anklet of Translocation through the porthole outside and hope he does the same.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

Halberd looks at Trench for a moment before saying disapprovingly,

"Trench, this is not an interrogation. If you want answers, you had better start giving me some information. I ask again: what exactly is going on?" Halberd knew that Trench was a good soldier, or at least he was when they last met, but the warforged could also be very easy to manipulate.
    Trench sighed, the orange in his eyes dimming. He looked towards the earth, and allowed silence for a few moments before he spoke again.
    "...You and yours have been targeted by the Inquisition.
    "Something you did recently caught their attention. Something you did in the Mournlands, three weeks ago.
    "They've hired people. Freelancers. Mercenaries. Bounty Hunters.
    "...Me."

He seemed reluctant to reveal that last piece of information, almost ashamed to admit it.
    "I've... worked with these people before.
    "I was aimlessly trying to find my place in life, and I turned to them. I didn't know any better... It seemed right at the time.
    "Then... four years ago now...
    "...I saw them for what they really were."

He clenched his fist.
    "They're ruthless, Halberd. They twist the principles of their faith to suit their own ends. They hunt anything they deem a threat... they kill in cold blood, and call it 'cleansing.' They are powerful and resourceful, and they don't answer to anyone... not even the Church of Pelor.
    "That is the kind of enemy you've made.
    "Halberd,"
    he finished, "What did you do?"

Spoiler: Inglourious Basterds time?
    Show
    Spiker looks over the hooded warforged.
    We trust he is skilled?
    Spoiler: Spiker - Mind the quiet ones
    Show
    "I can vouch for him. He's a skilled marksman, and an excellent scout. Really quiet, too."

Crosshair nodded. He pulled back his cloak and revealed several sets of pistols, a few vials of oil and a deadly looking rapier.

"...He can't speak, though. Some bigots thought it would be a good laugh taking out his vocals. They're dead now.
    "You'll have to watch for his cues."

Spoiler: The Inquisition you say
    Show

Hrm, both are possible, though I doubt they're the only viable targets. I don't really care about Cannith, but if this Krozan is as connected to the Inquisition of the Sun as much as he's implying, I might just get rid of him for free. Damn self-righteous pieces of shit.

Turning her attentions back toward Brent, she gives him a subtle nod before replying. "I see. You know, this all would be so much easier if The Mistress would just give us a little bit more information as to what's going on. I can see why she doesn't, but it just makes our lives all the more complicated. Oh well, it's enough for a start at least."

With a smile, she answers 'Kaila' after Brent, "He's right, you know. Secrets are a girl's best friend, and I won't part with mine so easily."
    Spoiler: Eruvia - Uh oh...
    Show
    Brent shrugs, seemingly responding to both Eruvia and Kalia at the same time. "What're ya gonna do."

WHAM!

The door swings open once again, far more violently than Brent during his entrance, and the whole room turns to see...

Spoiler: This guy
    Show
    With blood red eyes and a spiky body clad in green adamantine plates, this brute lives up to the stereotype of a bloodthirsty warforged. The mithral helm on his head seems at odds with the rest of him, and a golden belt with a single ruby encircles his waist. He carries a wickedly serrated glaive in his hand, which perfectly reflects its owner. His helm and back are covered by the pelt of a lion, with its mane draped about his shoulders.

The warforged casually glances malevolently across the room, stopping at your table. He walks over to another table, clanking as he goes, and pulls a chair for himself, dragging it all the way to the three of you. He takes a seat directly next to Kalia.

The room is quiet. Even Longbow is trying to mind his own business. The massive hulk of metal sitting at your table allows this silence until his glare falls onto the thief. He examines him up and down.

"...Nice dress yeh got there, eh?"

He leans in closer, menacingly.

"So, ah..." he continued. "I'll be takin' me gold back, now, if yeh don't mind."

Spoiler: There's probably spikes in the ceiling too...
    Show
    "Wait, really?"
    Nivali pauses in the process of removing her cloak and takes a good look at the drooping ceiling, then at the warforged trapped beneath the beam. "Oh, I hadn't considered..."

She crosses her arms and frowns in a state of deep thought, then rushes to peer out a shuttered porthole. The tempest was almost upon them now, to little time to devise another solution. "That one. We'll evacuate to that ship with the fractured bowsprit. Namhias, you should leave now."

She turns to the warforged and fastens her cloak about his neck best she could. The smokey fabric twists and writhes in protest as if it were alive. "Slight change of plans, but nothing too drastic. Thrice a day, this cloak once activated will transport its bearer to a known location within 10 feet. Free yourself from the rubble, then out the portal and after me. Quickly now, we've not much time."

Spoiler: Readied Action
    Show

Stand by the porthole until she sees him freed from the rubble, then Anklet of Translocation through the porthole outside and hope he does the same.
    Spoiler: Nivali - GO GO GO!!!
    Show
    The warforged took a brief glance at Nivali's cloak, to examine the arcane properties. "...Okay... hand me my sword..."
    Once Namhias did so, he immediately left the creaking vessel. The soldier looked to Nivali. "...On three...

"One...

"Two...

"Three!"

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    (1d20+13)[32]
    AP (Just in Case)(3d6)[9]

Immediately you both find yourselves outside of the hull of the airship, in the presence of Namhias in dragon form...

CRASH!!!

A large ruckus can be heard from within the ship, smoke clears from the opening...

The warforged looks at Namhias. "...huh."

KRACKADOOM!

Lightning strikes not too far away.
    "Quickly!"
    Namhias quickly grabs you both an takes flight, straight to the closest airship...

KRACKADOOM! Closer now...

Namhias expands his wings, his back claws skidding accros the glassy sand and debris until he reaches the ship. He places you on your feet, Wotan he lays into the ships opening before polymorphing back.

KRACKADOOM!!!

Extended Sig.

Show

15. - Top - End - #45

Halberd is quiet for a minute or two in the face of this news. Eventually, he slings Endbringer back onto his back and stokes the weak flames of the forge. Taking a bar of silver with a pair of tongs, Halberd heats it to an orange glow and begins pounding it on the anvil with a hammer. As he works, he says just loud enough to carry over the hammer blows,

"We went into a temple in the Mournlands. What we found there... Trench, some ancient evil is waking up.

A long time ago, a Titan, a king of Xen'drik giants, tried to overthrow the gods themselves. He was sealed away, but traitors and cultists are trying to bring him back.

He took one of our friends, and a powerful evil artifact: the Book of Vile Darkness. In order to come back, he needs two other artifacts: a forge... and Endbringer."

Halberd stops swinging his hammer and in his confusion asks, "Why does the Inquisition want to come after us? We're trying to stop this thing. Shouldn't everyone be working together against it if they are aware of it?"

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Well that was harsh
    Show
    Spiker nods
    We shall be aware. Are the others you would recommend?

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: A friend of yours?
    Show

Figuring that her new traveling companion must have stolen a rather large amount of the warforged's gold for him to make such a scene, Eruvia debates whether or not to let this play out. No...funny as it might be, he knows Marcus' kids. I need him in one piece. So, turning her gaze to the menacing warforged, how do I get rid of you? A warforged like this...probably best to be direct and imperious.

To both Kalim and Brent she sends another telepathic communique, "So, who's this? And how much gold did you get from him?"

Putting on a completely serious, commanding tone as she addresses the warforged, she does her best to simply sound superior to him in both rank and power, rather than something truly diplomatic. Besides, no point in me cleaning up whatever mess 'she' is in, all I have to do is get rid of him until we get to Sharn..

"I'm sure our friend here is good for whatever it is you might need, but you're just going to have to wait. You can get what you want from her after my business is concluded. What I need is more valuable than your gold, I can send someone for you when I'm finished. Until then, do yourself a favor and get yourself polished."

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show

Diplomacy? (It's so hard to not be more polite when I try to roll diplomacy, but polite won't get me far with this guy, I think...) (1d20+18)[23]

Other Character Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

. . . . . .

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

Halberd is quiet for a minute or two in the face of this news. Eventually, he slings Endbringer back onto his back and stokes the weak flames of the forge. Taking a bar of silver with a pair of tongs, Halberd heats it to an orange glow and begins pounding it on the anvil with a hammer. As he works, he says just loud enough to carry over the hammer blows,

"We went into a temple in the Mournlands. What we found there... Trench, some ancient evil is waking up.

A long time ago, a Titan, a king of Xen'drik giants, tried to overthrow the gods themselves. He was sealed away, but traitors and cultists are trying to bring him back.

He took one of our friends, and a powerful evil artifact: the Book of Vile Darkness. In order to come back, he needs two other artifacts: a forge... and Endbringer."

Halberd stops swinging his hammer and in his confusion asks, "Why does the Inquisition want to come after us? We're trying to stop this thing. Shouldn't everyone be working together against it if they are aware of it?"
    "...I don't know."

Endbringer speaks up. "These don't seem like rational people to me, Hal. We don't even know if they know what we know... okay... that could have been better worded, there... much less if they're actually trying to help us. Regardless, I wouldn't feel too comfortable working with the if what Trench is saying about them is true."

Spoiler: Well that was harsh
    Show
    Spiker nods
    We shall be aware. Are the others you would recommend?
    Spoiler: Spiker - Tinker (not to be confused with Tinkerbell)
    Show
    "One more... follow me."
    Wotan leads you through the sprawl... you see plenty of unique warforged with their own sets of skills... you pass them all.
    Finally, you find yourself in the presense of a taller warforged, hunched over a workbench and tinkering with various arcane devices. He picks up a small blade and brings it to the grindstone.
    "Tinker."
    The sparks fly off of the stone as he sharpens, screeching and making it difficult to hear.
    The ranger nudges the warforged. "TINKER."
    The grinding stops. "Eh?
    "Ah. Welcome back."

He looks to you, eyes brightening. "So who is your...friend?"

Spoiler: A friend of yours?
    Show

Figuring that her new traveling companion must have stolen a rather large amount of the warforged's gold for him to make such a scene, Eruvia debates whether or not to let this play out. No...funny as it might be, he knows Marcus' kids. I need him in one piece. So, turning her gaze to the menacing warforged, how do I get rid of you? A warforged like this...probably best to be direct and imperious.

To both Kalim and Brent she sends another telepathic communique, "So, who's this? And how much gold did you get from him?"

Putting on a completely serious, commanding tone as she addresses the warforged, she does her best to simply sound superior to him in both rank and power, rather than something truly diplomatic. Besides, no point in me cleaning up whatever mess 'she' is in, all I have to do is get rid of him until we get to Sharn..

"I'm sure our friend here is good for whatever it is you might need, but you're just going to have to wait. You can get what you want from her after my business is concluded. What I need is more valuable than your gold, I can send someone for you when I'm finished. Until then, do yourself a favor and get yourself polished."

Show

Diplomacy? (It's so hard to not be more polite when I try to roll diplomacy, but polite won't get me far with this guy, I think...) [roll0]

Spoiler: Eruvia - More Uh-oh
    Show
    Brent cautiously keeps an eye on the brute as he responds. "Ah... that's Glaive. Freelancer. Kills lions with his bare hands. Hence the lion pelt. Did you just tell him to get polished?"

Kalim doesn't dare look away, but responds. "I didn't count the gold, I just took a few coin purses..."

The warforged's glare shifts to you.

"Heh. Yeh got nerve, lady. I'll give yeh that.
    "But no one thiefs from me if I've anythin' to say about it. It's bad for me reputation, y'see?"

"I've never eve seen you before, sir," said "Kalia", "Perhaps you've mistaken me for someone else?"

"Hmm... let me think... ah... yeh. It was definatly you. What? Do I look ****in' mad as bonkers to yeh? Now give me back me gold or--
    "...Yeh know...
    "I recognize yeh from somewhere..."

"...um... you do?"

"Yeh... I've seen your face somewhere... where was it...."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Make a spot check.

Spoiler: Results
    Show
    You take a brief glance outside the entrance, noticing several figure approaching with what appears to be drawn weapons.

Spoiler: Nivali - I just confimed the year in which this story takes place ;)
    Show

The three of you manage a secure spot in the underbelly of the ship, which is smaller than the previous, but suitable for your needs.
    The warforged struggles to stand, trying to adjust to standing on two legs again. His left arm is slightly dislocated at the shoulder. Bracing it against the wall, he pushes it back into place.

"Hm. That'll come back to bite me in the ass," he says to himself.
    He looks to you and Namhias.
    "You have my thanks. I had almost given up hope of anyone ever finding me...
    "...
    "...What year is this?"

Namhias steps forward. "The year is 1014 YK."

"..."
    The warforged is stunned. He keeps his hand on the wall to keep from collapsing.
    "...gods..."
    He looks to the ground.
    Last edited by Sir Grave; 2015-02-22 at 02:00 PM.

Extended Sig.

Show

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Tinkertown?
    Show
    Spiker glances at the tall warforged.
    A crafter? Will he manage in the field?

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Boring conversation anyway
    Show

Eruvia smirks as she responds to Brent, "I've been looking for a lead for far too long to lose the information because he's a bad thief. Better this Glaive is angry at me than risk him doing something stupid. Though I admit, I was hoping for more of a response."

Spotting the group outside, the succubus sends another telepathic message to her companions. "We've got company, and they don't look too friendly. Given what you two do, there's good odds they're here for one of you. I'll buy you some time if I'm right and catch up to you at the lightning rail station. Just get going before they get here." Hopefully they listen. I'd rather not have to blind everyone here to give them cover to escape. I want to know who this group is, but the little thief here is too important to risk.

She lets Glaive talk and intimidate while letting Kalim and Brent know about the coming problem, but once that's done she tries a different tactic, "Look, Glaive, was it? Clearly, you have been wronged by our friend here, and I certainly want you to get what is yours." Imbuing her words with her own innate magic, she continues, "I'll watch her and make sure she doesn't try to leave, why don't you go flag down those individuals outside? They look like they could be guards, they could help you arrest this thieving strumpet."

Spoiler: Dice and stuff
    Show

You know, I'm not sure if that's Diplomacy or Bluff. I mean, it's worded all diplomatically, but it's totally a lie. I'm going to assume bluff. (1d20+18)[21]

Oh, and that suggestion is a Suggestion. DC 19, since I believe SLAs are based on Charisma. Not taking chances here, I want Glaive to be the one who gets their attention first, in case they're just generally hostile, and I want him looking away so Brent and Kalim can make their escape. I'll stay to watch the show and see what happens for now.

Last edited by Desril; 2015-02-07 at 11:08 AM.

Other Character Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

. . . . . .

21. - Top - End - #51

Spoiler: Nivali - I just confimed the year in which this story takes place ;)
    Show

The three of you manage a secure spot in the underbelly of the ship, which is smaller than the previous, but suitable for your needs.
    The warforged struggles to stand, trying to adjust to standing on two legs again. His left arm is slightly dislocated at the shoulder. Bracing it against the wall, he pushes it back into place.

"Hm. That'll come back to bite me in the ass," he says to himself.
    He looks to you and Namhias.
    "You have my thanks. I had almost given up hope of anyone ever finding me...
    "...
    "...What year is this?"

Namhias steps forward. "The year is 1019 YK."

"..."
    The warforged is stunned. He keeps his hand on the wall to keep from collapsing.
    "...gods..."
    He looks to the ground.
    Spoiler: MagiBabble!
    Show
    Nivali withdraws an elaborate visor form her bag and dons it to look out the porthole.
    "This storm won't be dissipating anytime soon. It's spontaneously manifested elements similar to the fixed-duration core-cycling mechanism with an unusually slow secondary decay rate."

She removes the visor and walks back. "Movement will trigger the energy discharge, so we're trapped here until it evolves a faster decay rate or moves on."

"So how long were you trapped there- ah, are you alright? "
    She moves to support him should he need it. "I never asked your name. I'm Nivali and he's Namhias."
    Last edited by Oneris; 2015-02-07 at 08:01 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52

"All right then, Trench. If these people are coming after us, how can we stop them? You know these fleshlings. I don't intend on fighting two armies at once, and there must be some way to get these Inquisitors to roll over."

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

"All right then, Trench. If these people are coming after us, how can we stop them? You know these fleshlings. I don't intend on fighting two armies at once, and there must be some way to get these Inquisitors to roll over."
    "In order to really stop them, we need to know what they have too gain by capturing you or Endbringer...
    "Hmm... The Inquisition always has a base of operations to work from within any nation they set foot. If we were to find said base, we could get answers... but where would it be?
    "...I might have an idea, but it's no guarantee. The Inquisitors I've worked with never confirmed High Cardinal Krozan's involvement in their order, but I've always suspected. Recently he's been spending a lot of time in Sharn for purposes beyond me. If there's any chance I'm right about him, he would know what's going on."

Spoiler: Tinkertown?
    Show
    Spiker glances at the tall warforged.
    A crafter? Will he manage in the field?
    Spoiler: Spiker - "I can fix it!"
    Show
    "I've been in the 'field' during war time and managed well enough. But more than that, I can repair any damage you sustain quickly and efficiently, and I have a lot of neat toys that come in real handy in most situations."
    Wotan looks to Spiker. "The Mercs of House Deneith tend to pack a wallop to anything that threatens their charge. We'll need someone in charge of support, and Tinker fits that bill.
    "Between you, me, the gunslinger, and the repairman, there's not much we couldn't accomplish."

Spoiler: Boring conversation anyway
    Show

Eruvia smirks as she responds to Brent, "I've been looking for a lead for far too long to lose the information because he's a bad thief. Better this Glaive is angry at me than risk him doing something stupid. Though I admit, I was hoping for more of a response."

Spotting the group outside, the succubus sends another telepathic message to her companions. "We've got company, and they don't look too friendly. Given what you two do, there's good odds they're here for one of you. I'll buy you some time if I'm right and catch up to you at the lightning rail station. Just get going before they get here." Hopefully they listen. I'd rather not have to blind everyone here to give them cover to escape. I want to know who this group is, but the little thief here is too important to risk.

She lets Glaive talk and intimidate while letting Kalim and Brent know about the coming problem, but once that's done she tries a different tactic, "Look, Glaive, was it? Clearly, you have been wronged by our friend here, and I certainly want you to get what is yours." Imbuing her words with her own innate magic, she continues, "I'll watch her and make sure she doesn't try to leave, why don't you go flag down those individuals outside? They look like they could be guards, they could help you arrest this thieving strumpet."

Spoiler: Dice and stuff
    Show

You know, I'm not sure if that's Diplomacy or Bluff. I mean, it's worded all diplomatically, but it's totally a lie. I'm going to assume bluff. [roll0]

Oh, and that suggestion is a Suggestion. DC 19, since I believe SLAs are based on Charisma. Not taking chances here, I want Glaive to be the one who gets their attention first, in case they're just generally hostile, and I want him looking away so Brent and Kalim can make their escape. I'll stay to watch the show and see what happens for now.

Spoiler: Eruvia - MORTAL KOMBAT
    Show
    Brent nods. "Sounds like a plan. Give 'em hell."

Glaive's glare grows brighter.

"Yeh, know, yer really pushin' it, lady--"

He stops dead in the middle of your sentence. Seemingly, your magic is taking effect.

"Eh..."

His head tilts to the side. "Eh, yeh know? That's a fine idea, lass. Stay right there." He gets up, turns...

In bursts the group, by the looks up if they aren't guard at all. They range from a wide variety of races: Four humans, two half-orcs, an elf, a half- elf and a shifter all point their weapons into the tavern, be they clubs, axes, crossbows and even evocation magic.
    In struts a small kobold armed with a pair of daggers and a wide, toothy grin. His shouting is more like shrieking as he sings, ♬"COME OUT COME OUT, MISTER FAREEEEEED! COME OUT COME OUT AND PLAAAAAY!!!"♬

Glaive looks them over. "...Those ain't guards."

Brent rolls his eyes. "Thieves Guild. Of course."
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Roll init. Battle map is in my sig.

Spoiler: MagiBabble!
    Show
    Nivali withdraws an elaborate visor form her bag and dons it to look out the porthole.
    "This storm won't be dissipating anytime soon. It's spontaneously manifested elements similar to the fixed-duration core-cycling mechanism with an unusually slow secondary decay rate."

She removes the visor and walks back. "Movement will trigger the energy discharge, so we're trapped here until it evolves a faster decay rate or moves on."

"So how long were you trapped there- ah, are you alright? "
    She moves to support him should he need it. "I never asked your name. I'm Nivali and he's Namhias."
    Spoiler: Nivali - Finally. I can stop calling him "warforged."
    Show
    "..."
    The warforged tries to gather his bearings. He doesn't seem to look away from the ground.
    "...Bastion."
    He finally looks up. "I'm... sorry. I had... no idea..."
    He seems to have trouble processing, still.
    "...It was 996 YK when we crashed... 1014YK now..."
    "...18 years..."
    Last edited by Sir Grave; 2015-02-22 at 02:01 PM.

Extended Sig.

Show

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: I'm running out of references...
    Show
    The soulforged nods.
    How soon can they be ready to leave?

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

25. - Top - End - #55

"Sharn... Of course it has to be Sharn." Halberd sets down the hammer.

"You'd better come with me, Trench. We need to tell Sir Grave about this before I go running off." Especially considering what we might find there...
    Last edited by Prehysterical; 2015-02-08 at 05:29 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Ladies do not fart.
    Show

"Thieves guild? Hm, not quite worth killing. Or at least, not worth getting other people killed to take them out. I'd advise you go out the back door though, the front isn't going to be pleasant."

Having sent her telepathic response to Brent, and the warning to use the back door to both him and Kalim, Eruvia keeps her eyes on the group that came in, not bothering to address them aloud. Instead, weaving arcane sigils with her fingers under the table with her right hand, she silently fires off a spell at the center of the mass.

Show

Casting Shadow Conjuration, Stinking Cloud on the top left corner of O25. That should stop just on top of Glaive and hit none of the rest of the party.

Sleight of Hand to hide the casting (Silent Illusions is auto Silence for all my Illusions, so just the somatic components to hide) (1d20+10)[30]

Will Save to Disbelieve DC 25 (60% real)
    Fort Save vs Nauseated DC 25

Other Character Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

. . . . . .

27. - Top - End - #57

Spoiler: Nivali - Finally. I can stop calling him "warforged."
    Show
    "..."
    The warforged tries to gather his bearings. He doesn't seem to look away from the ground.
    "...Bastion."
    He finally looks up. "I'm... sorry. I had... no idea..."
    He seems to have trouble processing, still.
    "...It was 996 YK when we crashed... 1019YK now..."
    "...23 years..."
    Spoiler: Night of the Living Spells
    Show

"18 years? That's..." Nivali goes quiet as she tries to wrap her head around these smaller units of time.
    "...disaster recovery ended in 1007... complete collapse 2 years before that...even though fought for 10 moons...Stoneshape infestation for 5 years before we noticed...loss of all communications from Home guard for 3 phases..."

She looks up. "Was the the Day of Mourning not around 20 years ago? I recall the devastating energy of the blast possessed potency enough to leach all the way to the Shrine, with deleterious effects lingering for nearly 20 moons after. Surely the remains of that day aboveground could not have been any less severe so soon. "
    Last edited by Oneris; 2015-03-08 at 09:24 PM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

"Sharn... Of course it has to be Sharn." Halberd sets down the hammer.

"You'd better come with me, Trench. We need to tell Sir Grave about this before I go running off." Especially considering what we might find there...

“I’d follow you through the Infinite Abyss and back, Hal. It’ll be like old times. So, uh... what do you think we might find in the City of Towers?”

Spoiler: I'm running out of references...
    Show
    The soulforged nods.
    How soon can they be ready to leave?
    Spoiler: Scotty , four to beam up.
    Show
    “I’ll gather a few things and meet you at teleportation circle C. It should have enough charge by now to transport us to out destination.”

Crosshair simply nods.

Wotan looks to both you and the gunslinger. “This way.”

He leads you both through another weave of caverns... it must take weeks to get used to all of these twists and turns, even longer to figure out where they lead. But the ranger manages nonetheless and presents to you a large, circular room, engraved upon the ground is a conjuration circle similar to the one used to escape the shrine.

Waiting there for you is another warforged, robed and wielding a densewood staff. Wotan acknowledges him. “Logos. We need this circle to transport four to the main road between New Cyre and Starilaskur.”

Logos looked the three of you over. “Hrm... I take it the fourth one will be joining you shortly? Very well. I shall prepare the proper incantation.”

Five minutes into Logos’ ritual, Tinker enters, with several loose bags slung over his shoulder and a battle axe at his side. He joins the three of you in the center of the circle.

Energy crackles around the circle... there is a flash of light...

It is daytime. The modest city can be seen from a short distance. to the north. Starilaskur. From the side of it’s gates, you see the faint line that treads across the landscape, no doubt the lightning rail that leads across the countryside towards Sharn.

Wotan is the first to adjust to his surroundings. Plenty of woodland areas to travel through covertly. He looks to the ground, then looks to the south towards New Cyre.

“If our sources are correct, the caravan should have left but a few hours ago. We keep off the road, using what the wild provides us for cover, and meet them halfway in their journey.

“Spiker and I take the lead. Crosshair, watch our six. Tinker, stay close.”

Spoiler: Ladies do not fart.
    Show

"Thieves guild? Hm, not quite worth killing. Or at least, not worth getting other people killed to take them out. I'd advise you go out the back door though, the front isn't going to be pleasant."

Having sent her telepathic response to Brent, and the warning to use the back door to both him and Kalim, Eruvia keeps her eyes on the group that came in, not bothering to address them aloud. Instead, weaving arcane sigils with her fingers under the table with her right hand, she silently fires off a spell at the center of the mass.

Show

Casting Shadow Conjuration, Stinking Cloud on the top left corner of O25. That should stop just on top of Glaive and hit none of the rest of the party.

Sleight of Hand to hide the casting (Silent Illusions is auto Silence for all my Illusions, so just the somatic components to hide) (1d20+15)[24]

Will Save to Disbelieve DC 25 (60% real)
    Fort Save vs Nauseated DC 25

Spoiler: Eruvia - BAR FIIIIIGHT!!!!
    Show
    Combat begins.

Longbow wastes no time, heading to towards the other side of his bar table close to the wall. “Grez! Get to safety! “EVERYONE THROUGH THE BACK!” He takes his weapon of choice from a mantle which hangs form the wall (a longbow. Get it?) And collects his arrows. He quickly draws it and points it at the trouble makers. “Leave this bar! Not saying it again!!”

The kobold sneers. “Like hell! Where’s that thief Kalim?!”

“I take it yer the ringleader, eh?”

Glaive rushes forward and swings his bladed polearm wide...

Spoiler: Glaive's Attack
    Show

Charge Shocktrooper Power Attack (1d20+15)[24]
    Crit Chance(1d20+15)[26]
    Damage(1d10+17)[18]
    Crit Damage(2d10)[8]
    PC(1d6)[6]

SLASH! "AAAAAIIIE!!"

The kobold takes a huge cut across the chest, sending him flying into the thieves behind him and collapsing to the ground, alive but in serious pain.

Brent takes the table and flipped it onto it’s side, sending the glasses crashing but catches the wine bottle before it falls. He gestures to Kalia. “This way lady!”

Kalia rolls his eyes, following Brent through the fleeing crowd and disappearing with him.

A whispy, green and yellowish cloud forms over the crowd of thieves, assailing their senses...
    Spoiler: DM rollz
    Show
    LT will(1d20+8)[27] Fort(1d20+3)[8]
    HT will(1d20+4)[24] Fort(1d20+7)[17]
    RT will(1d20+7)[22] Fort (1d20+5)[19]
    CT will(1d20+12)[22] Fort(1d20+3)[17]

"What's this crap?!"
    "God's that's awful!"
    "Don't breathe it in!"
    "This is highly inconvenient!"
    "I'm gonna be sick..."
    "HUUUAAAGH!!"

The look of them is almost repulsive as they react by holding their mouths, their stomachs, dizzly looking about, and in the case of one of the half-orcs, regurgitation. The kobold shakes his head... closing and reopening his eyes, and glares. "You pea brains! It's an illusion!"

Spoiler: Night of the Living Spells
    Show

"23 years? That's..." Nivali goes quiet as she tries to wrap her head around these smaller units of time.
    "...disaster recovery ended in 1013... complete collapse 6 years before that...even though fought for 10 moons...Stoneshape infestation for 5 years before we noticed...loss of all communications from Home guard for 3 phases..."

She looks up. "Was the the Day of Mourning not around 25 years ago? I recall the devastating energy of the blast possessed potency enough to leach all the way to the Shrine, with deleterious effects lingering for nearly 20 moons after. Surely the remains of that day aboveground could not have been any less severe so soon. "
    Spoiler: Nivali - See, now look what you did.
    Show
    It takes him a good few moments before he answers, It seems that he’s not staring at anything at all, deep into his own thoughts.

“...It’s... complicated. We were on the outskirts of Cyre when we were attacked from within our own fleet.

“...We were betrayed.

“...I need to be alone. Thank you... again.”

He makes his way to the middle deck of the vessel, clanking up the steps.

Namhias watches as he leaves. “Hrm. Curious, that warrior.”
    Last edited by Sir Grave; 2015-02-09 at 06:48 PM.

Extended Sig.

Show

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Eruvia - BAR FIIIIGHT pt 2
    Show

"Ng... so sick... out of the cloud..."
    Each of the thieves disperse throughout the bar and try to escape the cloud. Glaive takes a swing at one of them...
    Spoiler: Glaive AOO
    Show
    A(1d20+13)[20]
    C(1d20+13)[19]
    D(1d10+7)[9]
    C(2d10)[7]

Glaives thrusts forward and stabs one of the thugs in the leg, causing him to yelp and cease moving.

The kobold rolls away while the warforged's attention is shifted elsewhere and kips up, darting out the door way. "WILL YOU **** get your **** together?!"

Last edited by Sir Grave; 2015-02-09 at 07:02 PM.

Extended Sig.

Show

30. - Top - End - #60

As Halberd and Trench march back up the steps to see the Vassal, Halberd remarks grimly, "You've been fair with me, Trench, so I should warn you...

That anvil that I was talking about earlier? We think it's in Sharn. I'd bet my spark that Merrix, The Cannith, has it hidden away somewhere. Bringing Endbringer close to it... Having both artifacts in the same city leaves us vulnerable to an ambush. If the Inquisition is really sending its men after us, however, we can't ignore it. Just be on guard for more than those Flame-throwers.

Where in Sharn would this High Cardinal hole up? Sharn isn't exactly welcoming of religious zealots, last I heard."