New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Disney Princesses as D&D classes?

Having two kids and being an active gamer kind of required thinking about this. There was a great MLP poster along these lines
    Spoiler: Large Image
    Show

Anyone put work into Disney Princesses, or debated this?

My thinking, for example, is that Rapunzel would be a great Cleric: healing magic with a prayer (singing ritual) covering various forms of healing. Plus the frying pan is clearly a mace or warhammer. She'd be LG (when she makes a promise, she always keeps it; and followed the word of rightful authority (her "mother") until she learned it was unlawful/evil authority).

Make sense?
    Last edited by LibraryOgre; 2015-01-25 at 02:37 AM.
    Grrr. Arrrgh.
    Spoiler: DON'T LOOK! IT'S A TRAP!
    Show
    Spoiler: DON'T DO IT!
    Show
    Spoiler: LAST CHANCE TO LOOK AWAY!!!
    Show

Awwwwww, that's just... Well, I did warn you.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground

RangerGuy

Default Re: Disney Princesses as D&D classes?

http://elsaletyoufinish.tumblr.com/p...bv-frozen-0001

This should give you an idea for Elsa and Anna (or is it Ana?)

Unfortunately it only updates weekly and it's only on the second film so far (Wreck it Ralph).

Good read; if not as good as DM of the Rings, Darths and Droids or Avengers roll initiative.
    DM: In the corner of the room is a pile of rancid meat and some furs.

Rouge: Can we eat it? We couldn't afford rations.

Cleric: I have Purify food and drink.

DM: Did I say what kind of meat it was?

PCs: No. And?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Show your kids Mulan. And then introduce them to the Tome of Battle...Or heck, show them Justice League or Justice League Unlimited (where every woman in a relationship is a bruiser) and run a super hero game. My sister was very enamored of Hawk Girl as a kid, so it might work.

Through more on the princesses, I seem to remember an episode of the Aladdin TV show where Jasmine got brainwashed and start kicking butt and taking names. Some sort of...Battledancer whip user maybe?
    Last edited by Honest Tiefling; 2015-01-24 at 07:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oko and Qailee View Post
    Man, I like this tiefling.
    For all of your completely and utterly honest needs. Zaydos made, Tiefling approved.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by fireinthedust View Post
    My thinking, for example, is that Rapunzel would be a great Cleric: healing magic with a prayer (singing ritual) covering various forms of healing. Plus the frying pan is clearly a mace or warhammer. She'd be LG (when she makes a promise, she always keeps it; and followed the word of rightful authority (her "mother") until she learned it was unlawful/evil authority).

Make sense?
    I was thinking she'd be a good bard. Bards can heal, too, and use hammers, and didn't she use her charisma and singing abilities to persuade an entire pub full of barbarians to help them out?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

I found a link to a game and the accompanying RPG.net forum discussion....both by the same person

dungeons-dragons-disney

and the forum discussion

RPG Forum
    The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll look down and whisper "No."

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

I saw these on Deviant Art a while back, the Disney Princesses re-imagined as Final Fantasy Tactics classes -- done by Kal-Ash.

Not quite D&D, but several are pretty equivalent archetypes.

Spoiler: Snow White Mage
    Show

Spoiler: Paladin Cinderella
    Show

Spoiler: Summoner Jasmine
    Show

Spoiler: Merida the Archer
    Show

Spoiler: Pocahontas the Warrior
    Show

Spoiler: Monk Mulan
    Show

... and there are more.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I was discussing this very subject with my gaming group a while back.

Snow White and Aurora - the pre-feminism princesses are high-charisma Commoners.

Cinderella - fey-pact warlock (illusions provided by her patron Fairy Godmother)
    Ariel - no class levels, but instead statted as merfolk or (in a higher-powered game) siren.
    Jasmine - rogue. Acrobatics, stealth, bluff, even sneak attacks.
    Belle - Expert. Maybe a Factotum if you want to be generous. The only princess who does not have CHA as her best stat.
    Pocahontas - ranger. Martial weapon proficiency, wilderness tracking, and animal companion.
    Mulan - either a fighter with a familiar or a variant Paladin. Maybe a Charisma Warlord if we are using 4e rules.
    Tiana - Expert. If she got to keep her voluntary shapeshifting powers, she could take some levels in Druid.
    Rapunzel - bard, as mentioned before.
    Elsa - sorcerer with a serious mania for ice spells.
    Honor guard at the funeral in the Miko Fan Club.

Those who are too stupid to run, I salute you.

Human Male, age 35

"Have you come to lecture me on my evil ways?"

"Actually, I brought you some supper. But if you'd prefer a lecture, I've a few very catchy ones prepped; sin and hellfire... one has lepers."

- Inara and Book, Firefly

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Like this?

Keep in mind almost all Disney Princesses can sing and attract small woodland animals, so if you aren't careful, you'll wind up making them all either bards or druids.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Personally I think these versions of the princesses would be more interesting to make. I'm assuming 3.5 here.

Jasmine's a Bard/Druid/Arcane Hierophant/Fochlucan Lyrist.

Pocahontas is a Swordsage.

Mulan is a Necropolitan Wu Jen/Warblade/Jade Phoenix Mage, with the spirit binding line for Mushu (lung dragons have the spirit subtype).

Meg's a Dread Necromancer.

Need to dip into PF for Rapunzel, who's a White-Haired Witch.

Merida's an archer Druid, possibly with Beast Master.

Snow White is a Thrallherd.

Jane is an ape totem Barbarian.

The Blue Fairy is an Effigy Master.
    Author of The Auspician's Handbook and The Tempestarian's Handbook for Spheres of Power.
    Ask me (or the other authors) anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lateral View Post
    Well, of course I'm paranoid about everything. Hell, with Jeff as DM, I'd be paranoid even if we were playing a game set in The Magic Kiddie Funland of Perfectly Flat Planes and Sugar Plums.
    Greenman by Bradakhan/Spring Greenman by Comissar/Autumn Greenman by Sgt. Pepper/Winter Greenman by gurgleflep

10. - Top - End - #10
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff the Green View Post
    Meg's a Dread Necromancer.
    You mean Megara from Hercules, right?

I don't know... does Meg use any kind of magic or powers or skills? I think Meg's the only one of the bunch that I'd call an NPC class.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    Elsa - sorcerer with a serious mania for ice spells.
    I think a psion or wilder might make more sense.
    What time is it?

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    You mean Megara from Hercules, right?
    Yes, but I was going after twisted Meg, who's raised Herc as a zombie.
    Author of The Auspician's Handbook and The Tempestarian's Handbook for Spheres of Power.
    Ask me (or the other authors) anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lateral View Post
    Well, of course I'm paranoid about everything. Hell, with Jeff as DM, I'd be paranoid even if we were playing a game set in The Magic Kiddie Funland of Perfectly Flat Planes and Sugar Plums.
    Greenman by Bradakhan/Spring Greenman by Comissar/Autumn Greenman by Sgt. Pepper/Winter Greenman by gurgleflep

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

I would question if those princesses are appropriate for the OP's children, depending on their age and interests. Or they might even like them better for all we know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oko and Qailee View Post
    Man, I like this tiefling.
    For all of your completely and utterly honest needs. Zaydos made, Tiefling approved.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

It all started when the party rescued eight maidens from a happy pair of teen parent dragons who had got some healthy food for their newborns. The maidens where roughly based on eight Disney Princesses who everyone knew. All simple, all in fun. Then the whole party took a "quick easy detour" and where captured - leaving the maidens alone in the wilderness. So, Disney Princesses to the Rescue! Each player took a Princess and rescued their characters from certain doom! It was a blast! (Note this was in 13th Age, but with number of D&D/PFisms).
    Ariel - (The Little Mermaid) Bard with Mermaid powers (she was in human form).
    Belle - (Beauty and the Beast) Artificer with Loremaster traits (father was a tinkerer).
    Esmerelda - (Hunchback of Notre Dame). Rogue with Acrobatic edge.
    Rapunzel - (Tangled). Cleric with some "Follicalmancy" from Deep Magic.
    Jasmine - (Alladin) - Monk with a Staff (Makes more sense if you have seen the later movies and the cartoon series).
    Megara - (Hercules) - Necromancer (Focusing on being "Sorta Dead" and subtle deadly snide effects).
    Snow White - (Summoner) - Conjures Dwarven ghosts and cute small animals.
    Esla - (Sorcerer) - With potent cold focus.

We had a crazy four sessions with this. The "Princesses" are currently still characters in the game. Belle has become an apprentice of the party Artificer and the Chaos Mage and Megara are hearing wedding bells - that's if Hades does ruin things (which of course, he will :)).
    I have run this similar situation with pre-made Princesses twice at game stores. It works great as everyone can get into character instantly. I have had a few guys that have Machoized the characters - so we have had male Esla and Esmerelda and in one hilarious situation and Fabio style Male Rapunzel!

15. - Top - End - #15
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Judging by this:
    Spoiler
    Show

-Snow White is the DM, and very into the descriptive parts of the job.

-Belle is probably a Wizard or other high-maintenance, high-power class; reading a rulebook even during the game seems indicative of a stereotypical powergamer mentality.

-Aurora looks bored out of her mind. She's likely been given a Fighter or Barbarian just to play with the rest of the group, something very simple she can attack with each turn and tune out otherwise.

The rest are too hard to pin down by facial expressions alone, there's only 4 figures visible on the mat (one wizardly-looking one and one fighter, plus two others).

16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground

Ariel is a Merfolk Bard (she's known for her singing, and Ursula went after her voice) polymorphed into a human.

Mulan is definitely something Tome of Battle / Path of War-ish, or a variant paladin of some sort.

With regards to The Glyphstone's image: It seems to me that it's clearly Ariel's turn in the initiative order and she's asked DM Snow White a question for clarification, which Snow White is providing. The situation affects Rapunzel's character as well, hence her apparent interest in the conversation. Jasmine is apparently next in the initiative order, since she's studying the battle map intently.

(There might be more figures on the map, but they're being blocked by Belle and her rulebook. Perhaps Belle's character has died and she is poring over the book to build her new character.)
    Last edited by bulbaquil; 2016-12-18 at 08:24 PM.
    Planck length = 1.524e+0 m, Planck time = 6.000e+0 s. Mass quantum ~ 9.072e-3 kg because "50 coins weigh a pound" is the smallest weight mentioned. And light has five quantum states.

17. - Top - End - #17

Quote Originally Posted by fireinthedust View Post
    Anyone put work into Disney Princesses, or debated this?
    Movie Princesses or Once Upon a Time Princesses?

18. - Top - End - #18

Flumph

Star Wars D20 has a class called the Noble . Princess Leia and Jabba the Hutt are the examples . Its sort of like a bard but instead of singing gives an inspiring speech before a fight and can draw a steady cash payout <family wealth?> . Dms love that one ......NOT

You can easily adapt the noble class into something for PF or 3.5 , then stick a Disney princess name on it

19. - Top - End - #19
    Bugbear in the Playground

d20 Re: Disney Princesses as D&D classes?

Or borrow the Noble class from DRAGONLANCE®.

I also saw a distinct lack of Princess Eilonwy in this thread. She even has her own magic bauble! A BAUBLE!

EDIT: Took me awhile to find it, but DRAGON Magazine #340, p.76, has a write-up for the Black Cauldron.
    Last edited by Âmesang; 2016-12-19 at 11:44 AM.
    3e5e : Quintessa's Dweomerdrain (Drain power from a magic item to fuel your spells)
    3e │ 5e : Quintessa's Dweomershield (Protect target from the full effects of a magic item)
    3e │ 5e : Hordling Generator (Edit "cr=" in the address bar to adjust the Challenge Rating)
    3e │ 5e : Battle Sorcerer Tables (For Unearthed Arcana)

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff the Green View Post
    Mulan is a Necropolitan Wu Jen/Warblade/Jade Phoenix Mage, with the spirit binding line for Mushu (lung dragons have the spirit subtype).
    I'd say Mushu is obviously a fellow party member, with a special template. Mulan herself, the only one I really care about for various reasons, is a Fighter/Rogue with decent scores in Cha, Int, and Dex. She shows no special abilities that couldn't be done with skill ranks, and it's up to interpretation how many levels she has in each class.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Mulan is a monk/chainlock (Mushu as familiar) with proficiency in a longbow.
    Elsa is obviously a wizard that prestiged into frost mage
    As for the others, I'll get back to you.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

I totally thought this thread was going to be about defining a new class, "Disney Princess". Although probably a template would be a better fit.

HP: infinite. (Has one ever died?)
    Special abilities: apart from the "communicate with, summon and charm small animals" thing, they also have "blissful ignorance" as a power, which enables them to completely ignore anything that might tend to upset them.
    "None of us likes to be hated, none of us likes to be shunned. A natural result of these conditions is, that we consciously or unconsciously pay more attention to tuning our opinions to our neighbor’s pitch and preserving his approval than we do to examining the opinions searchingly and seeing to it that they are right and sound." - Mark Twain

23. - Top - End - #23
    Bugbear in the Playground

First things first, personally I'd place Tangled's Rapunzel as a DSP vitalist. I'd also say that her use of a frying pan is best thought of as wielding a heavy mace with two hands, which is a simple weapon so she can wield it just fine.

You also have Princess Amelia Mignonette Thermopolis Renaldi from the film version of The Princess Diaries. Would she count as a Disney Princess, and if so what class or classes would fit Mia? Also doesn't the title of Disney Princess seem a little, loose, with Fa Mulan counted among their ranks? Yes she's nobility, but she's not highly ranked enough to be a princess, merely a lady.

I also wonder how far you're stretching the Disney in Disney Princess. If you stretch it far enough you could even count Mia Wallace and Sidney Prescott, considering the fact that Miramax, and by extension Dimension Films, were wholly owned subsidiaries of the Walt Disney Company when Mrs Wallace and the young Miss Prescott debuted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Mann View Post
    It's worse than the time some friends used a silver piece, a platinum piece, a delayed blast fireball and a scroll of passwall to make a nuclear explosion in a game...
    Quote Originally Posted by nagora View Post
    Chatter is usually a sign that it's time to break out the Lego pirates and start firing marbles at each other's ships instead of role playing. Some nights, we're just not in the mood!
    My fantasy/RPG blog A Voyage Into the Fantastic

24. - Top - End - #24

NecromancerGuy

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

Don't forget Giselle, from Enchanted.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

26. - Top - End - #26

I ran a game called Snow White and the Seven Samurai at one point. It was just a one shot though, so I used 5e NPC profiles for the NPCs rather than statting them up using player character options.
    Time is but a pattern in the currents of causality,
    an ever changing present that determines our reality,
    the past we see as history, the future seed with prophecy,
    and all the time we think on time our time is passing constantly.
    Starlight and Steam RPG

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Snow White was passive during every encounter, and walked into some strangers' house and started cleaning. She's an Unseen Servant.

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    -Belle is probably a Wizard or other high-maintenance, high-power class; reading a rulebook even during the game seems indicative of a stereotypical powergamer mentality.
    "[S]tereotypical powergamer mentality"? I don't think you can conclude that. Reading a book while others are talking is her first and most obvious character note.