New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default Now yelling "Alakazam

Flexible Components[Metamagic]
    You can alter the verbal and somatic components of your spells

Benefits: A spell with flexable components can have it's verbal and somatic components substituted with any other gesture or word. For example, they could be turned into a wave and a greeting to remain inconspicuous while casting a charm spell. It also give a -2 penalty to spellcraft checks to identify the spell, because of the bizarre components. A spell with flexible components is the same level as the base spell.

I made this spell after seeing a question on the wizards page (whether or not you can mess with a spell's components) and realizing how awesome it would be to yell "Shazam!" while casting Fireball

Edit: Sorry about the title, accidentally hit enter before I was done.
    Last edited by Ivius; 2007-04-04 at 06:40 PM.
    After some x length of time, the charge in the capacitor went down to 0.1e-17[mV]. After writing the answer on the board, my professor turned to the class, pointed at it, and said "What's this number?" We said "That's one times ten to the negative 18 millivolts" when he interupted us and said "Wrong! The answer is zero. If you can't accept that 0.1e-17[mV] is equal to zero, you need to change your major to math right now, or you will hate the rest of your career."

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Now yelling "Alakazam

Does it have any increase to the spell level? I might personally do it at a 1.

Incredibly GAR avatar by Ninja_Chocobo.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Nope. Now there's no reason not to accompany all of your spells with puns .
    After some x length of time, the charge in the capacitor went down to 0.1e-17[mV]. After writing the answer on the board, my professor turned to the class, pointed at it, and said "What's this number?" We said "That's one times ten to the negative 18 millivolts" when he interupted us and said "Wrong! The answer is zero. If you can't accept that 0.1e-17[mV] is equal to zero, you need to change your major to math right now, or you will hate the rest of your career."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Halfling in the Playground

I think this feat should also give a penalty to spellcraft checks to identify the spell being cast.
    Marvel at my IMPRESSIVE (and Expensive) collection of Discworld Books!!!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

Hmm. I actually never though of that. Pretty good idea, might actually make this worth taking for someone besides bards. Let's put it at -2 to keep it at +0.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

I once used rhymes for verbal spell components. You should try it, its fun!