New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Living Armory, featuring biological items of various types. (Please PEACH)

Read the melding rules. +1 damage and attack rolls and melding lets use the hand freely despite actually holding the weapon with only a -2 bonus.

But I will edit several of the lines of text you pointed out. It's all been written in different days. I'll say it's the inter workings that are complex though some weapons are functionally very simple.

Lastly I do not understand what you mean about things not matching up the entries match up as far as I am aware.
    Last edited by Almarck; 2015-02-26 at 09:55 AM.
    I possess the Addicted to Editing flaw. I have edit my posts 3 seconds after posting them for 10 minutes.

Current Projects:

Backing Dragon: the Inheritance - World of Darkness Fan game where you play a dragon
    Mutant - Be a horrible abomination of a player character. Comes in a variety of flavors.
    Proprietor - Bring a House to a Sword fight! Be the adventuring interior/exterior decorator. Use siege weapons, customize your hour.

Extended Signature

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Default Re: Living Armory, featuring biological items of various types. (Please PEACH)

I edited my post and hadn't realized you had already responded. Where is Where under melding does it state that the wielder gains a bonus to hit and damage? That text seems to be missing. "The user benefits" line seems to have been cut off.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2015-02-26 at 10:44 AM.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

3. - Top - End - #63

Kobold

That's because broke it off into 3 paragraphs since I needed to specify things on a case by case basis. The user benefits has a period and is meant to lead to the next parts.

In short I believe you failed to scroll down. We all fail spot checks I suppose
    Edit:sorry if I sounded a little mean spirited there. I will have to consider fixing that section to be more readable. But in short, melding grafts the weapon or armor onto you as if you used certain powers or spells. It's a raw benefit. The fluff about weapons attaching onto you is there to remind people that melding applies.
    Last edited by Almarck; 2015-02-26 at 11:28 AM.
    I possess the Addicted to Editing flaw. I have edit my posts 3 seconds after posting them for 10 minutes.

Current Projects:

Backing Dragon: the Inheritance - World of Darkness Fan game where you play a dragon
    Mutant - Be a horrible abomination of a player character. Comes in a variety of flavors.
    Proprietor - Bring a House to a Sword fight! Be the adventuring interior/exterior decorator. Use siege weapons, customize your hour.

Extended Signature

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

What you did was LINK to the text on the d20pfsrd site, but you never stated the bonuses. Sorry I missed that there was a link there. I'd recommend editing in the actual bonuses: "+1 competence bonus on all attack and damage rolls while using the weapon" so that someone can use this even if they can't link to the site.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2015-02-26 at 12:32 PM.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

5. - Top - End - #65

Kobold

I'll just put a cliff notes version when I have the time, simple summary of what the bonus to melding with a weapon does up front. Keep the kink, just add a small summary in case the site is down.

Thanks for letting me know.
    Last edited by Almarck; 2015-02-26 at 12:48 PM.

Current Projects:

Extended Signature

6. - Top - End - #66

I like the living weapons idea. Reminds me of that living armor in one of the Spelljammer 2e Monstrous Compendium (bionoid?) and Eberron's Daelkyr grafts.

So far you've only focused on offense and defense. Are you going to have any non-lethal versions? Here are some ideas:

Weapon types:
    Silk Spinners
    Silk-producing organs on the forearms allow the wearer to spray webs as Web spell by 5th-level caster.

Paralytic Parasite
    Appears as a Spike Lobber, but fires a burrowing parasite that latches onto the target's nervous system. Acts as Paralyze spell.

Living Armor Types:
    Scout Suit
    Enhanced arm and leg muscles boost the wearer's movement speed (maybe by granting Run or Sprint feat or just a flat bonus to Move?)
    Leaping ability (bonus to Jump and Slow Fall as monk)
    Hands and feet can produce gripping hooks and secretions at will, activation 1 round, acts as Spider Climb spell

Glider Suit
    Bladders along the arms, legs, and back can inflate with the metabolic waste gases of the suit at will, taking 3 rounds to fill. Acts as Levitation spell (or Feather Fall).
    Folding wing membranes along the arms and legs give the wearer a glide speed of 30'.

Sensors
    Symbiotic sensory stalks graft to living armor and the wearer's nervous system allowing a wider range of senses:
    Eyespots - Rudimentary chitinous eye buds are dotted all over the armor allowing the wearer to see in all directions (acts as Robe of Eyes)
    Psisense - A psionically-sensitive organ allows the wearer to use Detect Psionics as per the psionic discipline
    Tactile Nerve Endings - Movement-sensitive nerves infuse the suit giving the wearer Tremorsense
    Heat Pits - Heat-sensitive pits in the suit give the wearer Darkvision to 60'

7. - Top - End - #67

Kobold

Ooh defiantly going to borrow some of that. Welcome to the forums thanks. Once I am done with the next subsystem pieces I'll get to work on expanding the arsenal.
    Last edited by Almarck; 2015-02-27 at 09:51 PM.

Current Projects:

Extended Signature

8. - Top - End - #68

Kobold

So, last update for a while on this project. Added the replacement for "Enchantment", though I am actually hesitant.

Current Projects:

Extended Signature

9. - Top - End - #69
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chimera

I love it, keep up the good work please, I would love to use these in my campaign :D

Just letting you know it's awesome.