And
    Detective Sergeant Andrew Drell
    Mr. Francis MacFadden
    Police Constable William Williams

In loving memory of
    Geoffrey Greening Q.C., Esq.

THE DECK
    The Fool
    Last edited by Xsesiv; 2015-02-03 at 05:52 PM.

...more scared of the living...

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The Tarot Murders (OoC)

First post is a character list.

Quote Originally Posted by Xsesiv View Post
    "Frankie MacFadden," says Sergeant Drell, indicating the man, who has pulled out a clay pipe and begins loading it. "Scot. Reporting witness. And this is Greening all right, saw him when I was up in court last. Alright, I'll let you get to work. You've a quarter of an hour with the scene as was before the ambulance turns up. We have to get the body out of here before the traffic really begins."
    The Inspector can also identify Greening. Fool of a man. A talented barrister, once given the job of defending a notorious fraudster, he was talked round to doing it on credit, won the case masterfully, then went to collect his fee and of course nobody was there to pay it. The defendant was a Canadian, or an American, maybe, and nobody's seen him since. Greening became the laughing stock of London overnight, his career collapsed, and it's become common knowledge that he drowns his sorrows in gin on a nightly basis.

Anything else?
    Last edited by Xsesiv; 2015-02-01 at 06:59 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Just posting Character info, if that is acceptable.

James Storm

Background
    Spoiler
    Show

Sir James Storm, Duke of Newkirk, Former Naval Officer / Army Officer

James served in the Navy becoming a captain (Senior Grade) before he retired he took over duties to serve as Duke after his father died. He won commendation for brave deeds and was knighted, which earned him a Colonel's rank in the army. He is brave, brash, rash, Thick headed, and fond of the ladies and wine. Plus he enjoys sneaking around dressed in trenchcoats. Has studied everything on the Ninja of Japan. Spends most of his time in London, exploring the shady parts because he enjoys adventure and excitement.

James is involved because he is bored and craves excitement. His day business with his holdings is tiring and frustrating and he usually needs up liking to punch people. He is obsessed with Ninja and fancies himself as one, since it allows him to sneak around at night and punch people which he loves. His naval career gave him a massive taste for excitement, adventure, and action which he doesn't get from fulfilling his duke-ish duties so he seeks it out by getting involved in investigations and sneaking around at night. He also has some tendencies of breaking into people's houses to drop off cash because it amuses him. He likes the police work because it is exciting and adventurous and action filled plus it allows him to hit people which he likes. Otherwise, he spends his nights gamblings or chasing skirts.

I see him as mix of Bruce Wayne/Batman and Watson from Sherlock Holmes tales but not being a doctor or an army man, with some amount of Captain James Sparrow mixed in.

stats
    Spoiler
    Show

Agility-Good
    Beauty-Poor
    Charisma-Excellent
    Composure-Fair
    Contacts-Fair
    Conversation-Fair
    Dexterity-Good
    Fitness-Fair
    Health-Fair
    Influence-Fair
    Intelligence-Poor
    Knowledge-Poor
    Perception-Good
    Presence-Fair
    Reflexes-Excellent
    Strength-Terrible
    Willpower-Good
    Wits-Fair

Ingenuity:
    Steadfast vs. Imaginative
    ooo

Punctiliousness:
    Feckless vs. Meticulous
    ooo

Gregariousness:
    Reticent vs. Boisterous
    ooooo

Magnanimity:
    Insensitive vs. Beneficent
    ooo

Inquietude:
    Sober vs. Overwrought
    oooo
    Blog Read and Comment! I use green for joking and Blue for sarcasm.
    Published two Kindle Books on Amazon, both are 99 cents. Ask Me about them!
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Wookiee. 2 E's. [I am obsessed with this]
    My First Let's Play -- Temporary Haitus (I plan to get back to it eventually)

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Okay, WDI Terry, not sure why you've decided the barrister lives here in a doss-house .

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Assume (quite accurately), that the evening/night loving WDI isn't at her sharpest when called to a death scene at 5 in the morning, and is currently operating at about the level of an office worker who's just gotten in to find the coffee machine is broken.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

My character is starting out a little drunk still and perhaps a bit curious. Besides, it seemed like having some fun with these and so fun shall be had.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Firstly, posting Isaac's stats and story here for the new thread.

Spoiler: Isaac Arshavin
    Show
    Spoiler: Stats
    Show
    Physical
    Strength (Power): Excellent
    Dexterity (Skill): Good
    Agility (Quickness): Good
    Health (Resistance): Good
    Fitness (Experience): Excellent
    Beauty (Attractiveness): Poor

Mental
    Intelligence (Power): Fair
    Perception (Skill): Fair
    Reflexes (Quickness): Fair
    Willpower (Resistance): Fair
    Knowledge (Experience): Terrible
    Charisma (Attractiveness): Poor

Social
    Influence (Power): Fair
    Conversation (Skill): Fair
    Wits (Quickness): Poor
    Composure (Resistance): Fair
    Contacts (Experience): Good
    Presence (Attractiveness): Fair
    Spoiler: Personality
    Show
    Ingenuity
    oo

Punctiliousness
    oo

Gregariousness
    ooo

Magnanimity
    oo

Inquietude
    oooo
    Spoiler: Background
    Show

Isaac was born pretty normal, but his body has always been growing faster than most people's bodies grow, and his didn't stop when he hit his 20s. Now that he's coming up on his 40s, he's right around 8' 5". Most people who suffer from the disease Isaac has are like normal people who've been stretched out like taffy, making their bodies weak and more susceptible to illness and other things of that nature.

Isaac, due to a lifetime spent training his body to its limits, has maintained a level of fitness that rivals most professional athletes. Combining that dedication to physical capabilities with his size and build, and Isaac is a force to be reckoned with...physically, at least.

Through a combination of his great size and his Russian heritage (and being a child during some of the tensest points of the Great Game), he was often considered to have much less intelligence than a normal child, and nobody ever bothered trying to educate him properly. Despite his less-than-thorough education, Isaac isn't particularly dumb (although he isn't particularly bright either).

Isaac is fluent and literate in both English and Russian, and an adult life spent on the streets has made him more wary of people and scams in general. Isaac's parents and uncle brought him up to be a good person in general, but he's had to temper that with the realities of the world: he is an uneducated, fairly ugly, Russian giant living in Victorian England in the wake of the Great Game; with the way the world is, the only way he's had for a while to make enough money to live off of is to work as an enforcer for organized crime bosses. At least, until recently...

After a recent run-in with law enforcement, Isaac was set up as the fall-guy by some mid-level bosses, but evidence found by the police {This could be any of the other PCs, or an NPC cop} proved his innocence. As a matter of personal honor, Isaac has decided to go straight for the time being, working with the cops and detectives to solves crimes.

Besides his great size and strength, Isaac brings a history of criminal contacts to the table: Isaac has a relatively small reputation as the largest man in London, which is bigger among criminal organizations. More specifically, anyone who's met Isaac knows him to be a fairly polite, soft-spoken gentlemen (not by title but by nature), no matter what he's doing, be it having dinner or breaking kneecaps.

Even those who don't appreciate what he does can at the very least appreciate his professionalism, and those people know that Isaac doesn't (hell, can't) manipulate people; he plays it straight, and he's likeable enough that people are willing to work with him, sometimes even if that means working with the cops by proxy.

@All other PCs

Does anybody wish to be Isaac's "savior"? My original thought was that having Anna be the one who found proof of his innocence was the most stereotypical, story-wise, but if someone else would prefer it (or if whoiam would prefer it wasn't), I can change that.

@whoiam

Would Anna prefer to be addressed as "Miss", or "Ms."?

Currently Recruiting: rogue_alchemist's The Thing.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

I don't particularly mind the thought of Anna having been Isaac's saviour, but I could also have seen either of the others having done it, and I'm not too fussed which you'd pick.

As to address, 'Call me Anna!' is probably going to end up as the WDI's catchphrase. Being friendly is one of her biggest stocks in trade, after all, and insisting on the use of an honorific would just get in the way.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TerrickTerran View Post
    Dr. Matthews dusted for fingerprints and such.
    Okay, not sure how that's his responsibility. He gets a few miscellaneous fingerprints, but you've nothing to compare them to until a suspect's found, seeing as there's no database yet.

Quote Originally Posted by TerrickTerran View Post
    Anthony then looked for anything else that might stand out to him.
    Not good enough. I'm not going to give clues to you.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

When she looked at the buildings opposite her, what did Anna see? To be more specific, she's looking for either windows or potentially walkable rooftops close enough to the corpse to be potential launching points. Same thing my next IC post will be checking the current doss house for, actually.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, there's nothing. The windows are non-defenestratable up until the fourth floor, from which a body would be more likely chucked than lined up.
    Last edited by Xsesiv; 2015-02-05 at 05:08 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

And rooftops? Or can she not make them out from ground level?

(For the record, she's not looking for places where someone could have carefully aimed for the fence - although it would have been amusing if she found one - she's looking for places someone could have dumped a body from without being visible from the street level such that the body could have just happened to get impaled on the fence as it fell. She'll be pursuing that approach doubly hard when someone tells her about the card the rest of the team found - her conclusion is going to be that the fence wasn't the goal, the fall was.)

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

It's possible, but Anna's not able to tell from here.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

Over the next few hours, Dr. Matthews and Mr. Johnstone are able to provide the following post-mortem:

Victim: Geoffrey Greening, Q.C., Esq.; Barrister, 55 years old. 6'2"; 24 st, 0 lbs. Very obese. Typical specimen. No significant features. Small birthmark on right buttock, large mass of scar tissue on right arm. Sleek, short black hair, whiskers, brown eyes. Pale, oily complexion. No diseases. Body was recovered from hanging position on a fence in Clanswich.

Summary: The victim is an obese, alcoholic male with a large stab wound in the neck. Most organs are normal, but the liver, kidneys, heart and brain have been affected by alcohol and poor, fatty diet. Very little blood remained within the body. The hyoid is fractured, possibly indicating strangulation, though this may also have occurred when the body was hung up on the railing. It is impossible to tell. The blood vessels of the face have burst which would be consistent with asphyxiation. There are no other visible signs of violence on the body, but very little blood remains inside it. The scar on his right forearm is fully healed, and appears to be very old. Rigor mortis ensued during autopsy, indicating a very recent death (within 4-6 hours, given the cold).

Cause of death: Asphyxiation followed by exsanguination.

Verdict: Wilful murder against person or persons unknown.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Its been more than a month since anything that occurred. Are we still playing this game?