New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Re: Pieces of Eights - D&D Pirates

Quote Originally Posted by Lurkmoar View Post
    New comic is up. Maynard is in a real bad way now. Now, here we go: Can Aly find the Tear in time? And will Aly actually say the name of a God that killed her patron so long ago?
    I can't see Aly finding a course of action that she'll feel comfortable with here. She's either siding with the God that killed her Goddess or the Guy who killed her Coven. Kind of a lose-lose situation really.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pht3v3n View Post
    I can't see Aly finding a course of action that she'll feel comfortable with here. She's either siding with the God that killed her Goddess or the Guy who killed her Coven. Kind of a lose-lose situation really.
    Here is my prediction for the roles thing. The gods have one idea in mind, Thatch has another. The structure WILL be preserved, but I see the plans of the gods shatter, and everything turn around and come up differently than it seemed at first.

Basically, I see it going down like this: the Architect is, say, Maynard, and Reina makes the moral choice, which sees Morgan as the criminal; Grynn is the vandal, Nicole is the paesant et cetera et cetera.
    Thatch is not involved in this group - there's another player, shrouded in mystery, that is part of this setup. Except Thatch is plotting and scheming to take down the whole charade by taking the role of the Architect, switching up all the other roles (which is why he was saddened by Nicole becoming the paesant, back at the island). And in the end, the plan of the gods will be overturned and all the roles will be switched around; for example, this could count as a moral choice for Aly.
    Useless arcane powers are better than no arcane powers!

Avatar mercifully granted by Threeshades

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

New comic.

Well it seems Thatch is out of the story now. I doubt the little lich-trick with the continues will help him against that.
    We will have to see what this means for his plans. And which heroes get what they want is still open as well. So many factions, so may choices that have been and will be made... The only thing that is certain that Morgan will stand under a gallow in the near future and even that only leads to more questions.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

4. - Top - End - #64
    Bugbear in the Playground

Seeing that he's a Lich and his phylactery is still intact, I'm sure Thatch will back.
    Don't know your name but bring the pain.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I'm not so sure about that. We are talking about a divine artifact there. I doubt coming back from this is is as easy as it was when the turtle ate him. It is possible that Thatch will be back but the final panel looks like it is his final death.

6. - Top - End - #66

Aly seems to have burned herself and now she's freaking out about invoking Odinam. Wonder if she'll have scarring...

Maynard looks like he's about to have a vision...

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

New comic.

The book of fate is complete. And I have a very feeling about that. Somehow I doubt Maynard can be trusted with that kind of power.

And I'm pretty sure Aly invoking Odinam will have some consequences.

8. - Top - End - #68

Quote Originally Posted by Kantaki View Post
    New comic.

The book of fate is complete. And I have a very feeling about that. Somehow I doubt Maynard can be trusted with that kind of power.
    Do you think he's the one that killed Nikole? Honestly, any artifact in mortal hands tends to end badly.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Do you think he's the one that killed Nikole? Honestly, any artifact in mortal hands tends to end badly.
    It wouldn't surprise me if he had a hand in her fate.

Regarding the book of fate: I would be more willing to trust someone like Morgan with it than someone like Maynard (Let's leave Grynn out of this - no one should trust her with anything explosive.)
    Mostly because she would mainly use it to get rich or to get out of trouble. Maynard seems like he would use it to set things "right". I just hope that he doesn't control this thing alone, even if that seems to be the case.

Well, since this tale can only end in tears all thats left is to wait and hope it will be the tears of the right persons.

10. - Top - End - #70

Well, since this tale can only end in tears all thats left is to wait and hope it will be the tears of the right persons.
    Or tears of joy. I would accept those as well.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

New comic.

Aly seems to have burned herself and now she's freaking out about invoking Odinam. Wonder if she'll have scarring...

Maynard looks like he's about to have a vision...
    Well it seems invoking the enemy of her goddess had consequences. I'm not sure if I should hope that they can safe Maynard or not. But I hope for Aly that she gets her magic back.

Another Shot of Chaos? That should make for an interesting encounter.

12. - Top - End - #72

New comic is out. Maynard's still got a heartbeat.

Spoiler
    Show
    That last panel just screams that Thatch is coming back. And depending on the tale he spins, he might turn Autumn against Aly. After all, she did invoke the name of the God that killed her Goddess...

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm more concerned about the book. It seems that at least Morgan can't use it. Unless there is a trick to ending the flashlight mode. But I fear that only Maynard can use this artifact. And I don't like that idea.
    I doubt that Thatch - should he return - will turn on Aly. The fact that she lost her powers after striking against him might even make it easier to convince her to help his cause. Easier than convincing Autumn at least. While she might start to distrust Aly I doubt that she is inclined to listen to the guy who slaughtered her family.

But whatever plans our protagonists might have, in the near future I foresee a great battle. We will see how their price can help them there.

14. - Top - End - #74

Maynard might have already used it or got a vision before everyone got back together on the row boat in the mists.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

New comic.

Maynard is still out. Let's hope he recovers in time to do something helpful.

Thatch seems to come back, in a really bad situation. Well maybe not bad but troublesome. What is bad about his situation is that he would have been useful in the coming battle. Autumn still gets points for the creative disposal of a enemy. And I really doubt the bag will hold our favorite lich forever.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Agreed! 10 points to Crazyndore!

Spoiler
    Show
    But I have a really bad feeling that the hanging of Morgan is very, very close

Still, I can't wait to see how this battle turns out.
    Last edited by Pht3v3n; 2015-07-17 at 04:46 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pht3v3n View Post
    Agreed! 10 points to Crazyndore!

Spoiler
    Show
    But I have a really bad feeling that the hanging of Morgan is very, very close

Still, I can't wait to see how this battle turns out.
    Attempted Hanging. I get the feeling that Morgan is going to survive it. But yeah, I think we've almost hit that point as well.

New comic.

Maynard is still out. Let's hope he recovers in time to do something helpful.

Thatch seems to come back, in a really bad situation. Well maybe not bad but troublesome. What is bad about his situation is that he would have been useful in the coming battle. Autumn still gets points for the creative disposal of a enemy. And I really doubt the bag will hold our favorite lich forever.
    I don't think Maynard is waking up for a long time if ever. He became the book or something.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Attempted Hanging. I get the feeling that Morgan is going to survive it. But yeah, I think we've almost hit that point as well.

I don't think Maynard is waking up for a long time if ever. He became the book or something.
    Well, I think whether Morgan will survive depends on Raina’s choice. It is possible that she choose the „greater good” and that she was addressing Morgan when she said she was sorry.

Of course it is just as likely that she made the selfish choice and is sorry for that. I hope it is the latter but it wouldn't surprise me if it was the former.

Regarding Maynard: Someone said in the on-page comments that they saw them at the execution and while I didn't see him there is a silhouette that could fit him. Based on that it is entirely possible that he will wake up soonish.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I think whether Morgan will survive depends on Raina’s choice. It is possible that she choose the „greater good” and that she was addressing Morgan when she said she was sorry.

Of course it is just as likely that she made the selfish choice and is sorry for that. I hope it is the latter but it wouldn't surprise me if it was the former.

Regarding Maynard: Someone said in the on-page comments that they saw them at the execution and while I didn't see him there is a silhouette that could fit him. Based on that it is entirely possible that he will wake up soonish.
    Agreed, I just think that Raina's instant glomp of joy when seeing Morgan is a sign that she chose Morgan. I figure if she didn't choose Morgan, she'd be a bit more subdued when seeing Morgan again.

Maybe. A silhouette seems kinda weak to me.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

20. - Top - End - #80

Seems like these flashback comics are here just to twist the knife further...

Cringe man.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Seems like these flashback comics are here just to twist the knife further...

Cringe man.
    I second that.
    It's really making me wish I had voted for Thatch in the Borealis shot of chaos... I wonder how different things would be?

22. - Top - End - #82

I'm starting to get a tiny amount of sympathy for Thatch with the flashback comics...

Spoiler
    Show
    But then I remind myself that he was a frigging idiot that alienated the people he wanted to manipulate and he caused the chain of events that split Roberts off from the group. Also, if it really was the plan of the coven for all that happen, you'd think they would tell the one they sent off into the world...

Lesson: Make your intentions plain to everyone. People are not mindreaders and it's easy to infer the worst when you're secretive and manipulative. I suppose it makes sense that the Bard Lich isn't a master planner... he goes by his guile and charms. When that fails, his fallback are his lich powers. And in a struggle like this, you shouldn't leave so many things to chance. I suppose that's why chaos lost the first time around... that and being outnumbered like crazy.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Firbolg in the Playground

And now I have ANOTHER comic to keep up with. I've got too many bookmarked comics to count, and I keep picking up new ones. Thanks for that. :P
    But seriously, I read the whole archive yesterday, and I gotta say, I'm really enjoying it!
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #84
    Orc in the Playground

Goblin

I wonder what's going to happen with Thatch's Phylandery.

Actually, I don't wonder, I just wanted to use that joke.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

New comic.

Well, if they can use the book they might be able to increase their chances.

To answer Morgans question: The answer is clearly "Yes".

26. - Top - End - #86

Oh man... I can already see the hijinks they can get up into with the book. But it there are some limits... and they can't manipulate what they don't know about. Interesting to see what's up next.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

New comic.

Starting a war? I like how Morgan thinks. I mean what else could you use the book for?

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

New comic.

Starting a war? I like how Morgan thinks. I mean what else could you use the book for?
    Keeping you toast from ever falling jelly side down and summoning the devil?

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Book Wombat's A Small Wager - A Practical Guide To Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Keeping you toast from ever falling jelly side down and summoning the devil?
    That's a great idea. The bit with the toast at least. The other thing never ends well.

New comic.

And so it begins. A prophecy comes true.

Raina tries to steer Morgan on the path of less evil. That is so cute. Unfortunatly it won't help. Well, she can't say nobody warned her.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

That's a great idea. The bit with the toast at least. The other thing never ends well.
    I was referring to the Shamalan (?) movie "Devil", where toast falling jelly-side down is a sure sign that the devil is near; more to the point, I was quoting devil summoning as as a result of the toast thing, rather than a separate thing you could use probability control to do.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Book Wombat's A Small Wager - A Practical Guide To Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew